Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Hidden Strength ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hmm… ways to live the remaining of my life… write fics… became the greatest vampire ever existing… Hmm, the links on my profile if you want to become my `children'…(joking) write fics… read `em… have my life turned upside down by a crazy sister… write fics… and oh… live my life… yeah!!


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... Darkness will fall. Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.


Hidden strength

Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani ..Yami Azzie

Seto Kaiba grumpily drove his sleek, black Mercedes along the asphalt as Yugi tried his best to calm him down. `Hey… don't get mad anymore. It's my fault… if I hadn't forgotten my cellphone, this wouldn't happen…'

`And anyway, there's nothing wrong about going into your bedroom at the first place! I mean… Anzu, Honda and me always get into Yugi's room and he's not mad!!', said Jyounouchi as Kaiba leered at him through the rear mirror. Yugi hushed him up as he explained it to his friend. `That was because I let you guys in… and I was not sleeping or doing other things… So, you can't blame Seto for being angry--', he said as Jyounouchi still don't get his meaning.

Mokuba sighed as he tried to fend for his brother. `Jyounouchi!! Can't you understand that-`

`Seto-chan, please don't be angry at brother. Anyway… your room, it… it was so nice. And that was so sweet of you, those pictures... Seto-sama was so cute. Anyway, you room was nicer than brother's-`, said Shizuka as Jyounouchi looked at her in surprise. `Shizuka!! How could-and you don't have to compare it with mine!!', he shrieked as Mokuba giggled happily.

Yugi, on the other hand, had not joined the chattering at the back of the car. Instead, he leant over to look at Seto. Yeah, that was the advantage of taking the front seat… and he prided himself for doing it. He smiled as he sat back on his seat.

`Calm down now?', he said, chuckling as Seto snorted at him. The taller of the two just sighed. `Ha-ii! And unh… why on earth did she had to see it!! That was so embarrassing.. fortunately the bonkutsu didn't see it or my secret will be known!!', he said as Mokuba turned around. `Nii-sama, is there something you're trying to hide?', the young boy cheered as Jyounouchi ceased bullying his sister.

Seto gripped the steering wheel hard as he hollered to his brother. `Mokuba!! You're not a 10-year-old kid anymore!! Start acting your-`

`You're blushing, o-nii-sama!!', he cheered again as Seto stopped talking and turned his attention back on driving. Yugi chuckled as Jyounouchi started to smirk. `Ooh, Kaiba. Did you have something to hide-?`

`Shut up, bonkutsu... or I-`

`Ah, Seto-chan!! Please don't fight!! I promise I won't tell anyone-`, said Shizuka suddenly, blushing as she tried to stop her brother from fighting with Seto again. And like magic, the rest of the journey home to Yugi's house ceased to be lively anymore as Seto was reminded of the incident. He immediately turned his attention to driving to hide his embarrassment.

--

`Hahahaha!!!', laughed Yugi as Seto tried to hit him with his free hand. `Shut up!! Don't you see the above sentence?! No more excitement in the car!!', shouted Seto as Yugi continued to laugh. Tears started to fill from his eyes as he couldn't control his giddiness. `You looked very funny, Seto! Stop making me laugh with that rare stupid look you have!!', he said again as Seto sighed.

`Oh man… why did I have such a silly friend?! And to think that he was my cousin in the past life…', he moaned as the car breezed through the streets of Domino…

--

Yugi winked (towards fellow readers.) 'Actually, what Shizuka-chan saw was that... Seto-kun had placed a lot of Shizuka's pictures as well as pictures of both of them on his desk!! And Seto had looked very happy in those pictures, quite different than the personality that he'd shown everyone!! That was the secret!! If Jyounouchi know about this, then he'll have a strong defense to get back at him for all those snide remarks!! So, that was unacceptable, ne?'

Noticing Yugi, Seto immediately hit him on the head. 'You baka!! Why spill the beans!!? Anta wa warui na!!!', hissed Seto as Yugi grinned. 'That was for all the things that you made me do before!! I still can't forgive you for almost making me to make a speech during the last Grand Prix!!'

'Hish!! That was Mokuba, not me!! Anyway, didn't I saved you that time? Consider it settle!!'

Yugi frowned at him. 'Oka-y!! I forgive you...'

And the rest of the occupants stared at them stupidly, not understanding the argument...

--

`Jii-chan!! Tadaima!!', hollered Yugi as the others entered the living room. `Mama, is dinner ready?', he cheered again as he kissed his mum, who had just come out to the room. The woman smiled as she walked towards Seto. `It's quite late, isn't it? What did you two do at your house? And-`, she glanced towards her overly-cheerful son. `What-happened? Yugi was especially cheerful today-`, said Iria as Kaiba felt his cheeks starting to burn again. The woman smiled at the look of him as she gave him a brief hug and ushered Mokuba, Jyounouchi and Shizuka in.

Iria turned around towards her son again as she stared at him in disbelief. `Yugi!! The moment you came home from Egypt, you can't stop bullying Seto!! Tone it down you two!!', she scolded as she caught a glimpse of Shizuka. `Anyway, she's so cute. You don't have to be so shy about it… The next time my kid bullied you, you badger him back on Rebecca. Don't worry… it's normal for youngsters like you to like somebody-`, she whispered to Seto, briskly.

Mokuba grinned at hearing the exchange between Yugi's mum and his brother. It felt nice. For a long time, his brother had played the role of a father to him and treated himself as an adult. To be shown such devotion towards them, made it feel as if they were not orphans anymore. As if they've got another family again. A part of Yugi's family…

`Ah?! Why's the long look, Mokuba-chan? Don't tell me that you're not glad to see me?', said Iria as Mokuba blinked at her. He chuckled nervously. `No-It's just, if only you were our real aunt, Aunty Iria. Sure would be great… and about brother, can't blame Yugi since I bullied Seto too!', he chirped as Iria gave the 15-year-old kid a hug. `That was so sweet, Mokuba!! Okay, all of you wait here while I fetch some tea. Yugi, grandpa and Prof. Hopkins would come down anytime soon so don't get angry before they've finished explaining!!' she said as Yugi looked at her in shock. 'Professor Hopkins?? Then, did Rebecca-'

And it is Seto's turn to smile smugly...

--

Sakura jumped on her bed as she started to dial Shaoran's phone number. Kero stared at her with interest. `Sakura, what are you doing? You seemed a little worried about something. What happened?', he said as Sakura glanced at him. She shrugged helplessly.

`I don't know-Kero-chan!! I just had a strange dream… silly, dragons and magicians… but I had this bad feeling that it's real! Like some premonition of the future or something!!'

Kero gave her a strange look before hopping on her bed. `Ridiculous!! Why did you say that? It's not like someone would die-is it?'

Sakura shook her head with worry as tears started to form in her eyes. `I saw that the magician and dragon were protecting their masters from something. I fear if the visions are true!!', she said as Kero gasped in concern. But before he could say anything, the call was connected and Shaoran's voice was heard from the other side. Sakura quickly grabbed the phone to her ears.

`Shaoran!! There something I've got to tell you...', she cried as she started to blurt everything to him…

--

Yugi stormed out of the house as Kaiba followed behind. Seeing that he was followed, Yugi ran as they've reached a rundown alley. Out of breath, he turned around to face him.

`What more do you want to say… Seto!? You've heard the professor!! But what makes it any different? There's nothing could be done! Who do they think I am? Am I supposed to save the world every time it was in danger?', he said angrily as Seto tried to calm him. `No… you don't have to. It's not that you're the only one who can. Still, you don't have to shout at them…'

Yugi sighed helplessly to himself. `I know… but it hurts my feelings that he still called him namunaki pharaoh. He's got a name… Atemu!! I-what would you feel if they called shinkan Seto as the nameless priest?' Seto smiled bitterly as he patted Yugi's shoulder. `I'd be hurt too-`, he said as Yugi glanced at him, walking a little further.

`Seto, you saw those pictures!! It was the forbidden ritual! The one who succeeds in performing the ritual would be able to wield the dark power that was almost as strong as the sennen powers!! The same power tha Heishin had used before! And what? We've destroyed the items already three years ago. If we were to stop him, what could we do? And by what means? You know, I started to feel like I've become the reference source for anything mystical!! It's annoying…', ranted Yugi as Kaiba started to laugh.

`Ho-now you are exaggerating!! It's not that-`

Yugi frowned as he noticed Kaiba's distraction. `What- Something wrong?'

`Yugi-do you hear something?', said Kaiba as suddenly a great ball of fire falls towards Yugi. Yugi screamed in agony as Kaiba ran towards him. He caught him before he fell to the ground. `What the- Seto, did you see that?', Yugi gasped as Kaiba saw another one coming. `We've got to evade!!', he cried as the ball of flame grew nearer. Both of them closed their eyes as they braced for impact. There was an explosion and both of them were surprised that they weren't hit.

They looked up and immediately understood their predicament…

Blue Eyes White Dragon hovered before them as Black Magician directed his staff towards the sky. And gradually it turns out that the one that had attacked them was some kind of a duel monster.

Yugi and Kaiba hung their mouths up as they looked at this scene with surprise. `How did you do it?', exclaimed both of them at the same time as they replied back to each other, `-how would I know? You're being weird!!'

`But we didn't used the duel disk-`, stuttered Kaiba. `-do you have your cards?', said Yugi in return.

`What do you mean? Both of ours are still on my desk back at home!!', shrieked Kaiba in panic as both saw what was on each other's foreheads. It was the sennen mark. Both of them were about to comment something on it but thought otherwise as the enemy monster started to attack again. Blue Eyes and Black Magician attacked the creature but it seemed futile. The duel monster transformed into a larger monster and attacked them again.

The attack was too strong for both Duel Monsters to handle!! Blue Eyes and Black Magician perished as the attack zoomed straight towards…

--

`Ahh!!', cried Shizuka as she clutched her chest while Rebecca suddenly had a horrible look. Jyounouchi looked at them in concern as Mokuba started to worry about his brother. `What is it, Shizuka... Rebecca?', he said as she mumbled her reply. `It's nothing-` she gasped as Mokuba looked out towards the window. A burst of light came from a distance. `Nanda-nii-sama?!', he cried as a bad feeling rose from his gut. Shizuka, Rebecca and Jyounouchi also happened to see it at the same time.

'Nani-? Darling!!', cried Rebecca as she dashed out of the house towards the direction. 'Rebecca...', cried professor Hopkins as both Shizuka and Mokuba ran out of the house to follow her lead. Grandpa Sugoroku walked into the living room with Yugi's mum as they saw only the two of them present. The surprised old man looked at them blankly. `Arthur, why's that face? And Jyounouchi-kun… where did Shizuka, Rebecca and Mokuba had gone?', he said as Jyounouchi got up to the door. `Later!! You guys stay here… I think something bad had happened to Yugi and Kaiba!!', he said as he rushed out of the house.

`Yugi!!', cried Iria as Arthur started to feel bad over this ordeal. `I'm sorry, Sugoroku-san. If I've had known that this would happen, I-`

`Don't worry, Arthur! They'd be safe… they have to!!', said Sugoroku as the night grew late…

--

Shizuka and Mokuba rushed over the scene and gasped as they saw it. Yugi and Kaiba were lying on the streets unmoving and the area around them looked as if a thunderstorm just hit it. Rebecca was already at Yugi's side as both of them ran towards them. A minute later, Jyounouchi caught up with them.

'Darling... shikkarishiro!!'

`Yugi… Yugi!! Wake up!!', cried Mokuba as Shizuka and Jyounouchi tried to wake Kaiba. `Kaiba… Kaiba!! Get up!! You don't want to make my sister and Mokuba sad, are you!!?', shouted Jyounouchi as he shook the unconscious lad. `Nii-sama!!', cried Mokuba shakily as he turned towards his brother. `Seto-chan!!', cried Shizuka as Kaiba's eyes started to flutter.

`What the-?', mumbled Kaiba as Mokuba rushed over towards him. Rebecca looked up at him as she kept holding Yugi by her side. `Yugi-', gasped Seto as he saw Mokuba's face. `He's just unconscious… Nii-sama, what happen?!', the boy cried as Shizuka moved towards Rebecca. Jyounouchi lifted him up to sitting position as Seto's eyes started to swirl back to unconsciousness.

`Stay with us, Kaiba!!', shouted Jyounouchi as the lad started to mumble a few words. `Attacked… forbidden… tried to… Yugi… almost… hurry…', he gasped as Seto collapsed again for good. Mokuba cried in panic as Jyounouchi immediately ran off to call for ambulance…

[TBC]


az: Okay... settled second chapter revision!!