Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Grasping the Light ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hnhh... the third semester's finals are over... FINALLY!!!

Yugi: You all right?

az: Yeah... it was HORRIBLE!! Oh!! I made a mistake on Yamazaki's name!! Okay... fixed.


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... that spammer that had been harassing me would be in the realm of darkness right now and NEVER gets out!! Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.


Grasping the light

Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani .. Yami Azzie

Yamazaki stared in disbelief as he saw one of the cards that Sakura was holding. 'Waa... Sakura, how did you got that card?!! I thought it was almost impossible-', gasped the lad as Chiharu, Sakura and the other looked at him in surprise. 'What do you mean?!', cried Sakura as Yamazaki quickly took out a collector's magazine and opened it towards a page. The lad pointed out a picture on the page. 'See?! Black Magician Girl card was one of the rarest cards in the Duel Monsters game! Even if you bought the booster packs on regular basis, chances of getting her was almost thin. I can't believe you have got the card!!'

Shaoran gave Yamazaki an all round look-over. 'I never thought you of all people would be interested in playing a card game like this-', he said as Yamazaki started taking the pose that he always used when he wanted to tell a certain fact.

'Tch...tch. My dear friend... don't you know that people in Egypt had used cards like these to test each other strength in battle? And there's even some in other cultures that summons monsters like this to protect themselves or even to do harm!! And I heard that they also used them as tarot to tell the future-', he chirped as Chiharu hit his head with her bag. (Well... there is some truth in that statement, don't you think...?) 'Yamazaki-kun!! I thought I've told you to stop telling lies like this-', she cried as she kept hitting her cousin in various places. (Oh no... that was no lie...) Sakura picked up the magazine that Yamazaki had dropped as she noticed another set of pictures...

'Black Magician... and Blue Eyes White Dragon--', she sighed as Shaoran looked sideways to her. 'What is it, Sakura--?', he cried as Sakura immediately remembered about her previous vision and the fact that the magician that had came with Yugi to save her had the same name. She gasped as she glanced towards him. 'I saw their images in that vision I told you about--', she gasped as Shaoran looked at her in alarm. But before any of them could speak, Yamazaki peered between them and saw the picture that Sakura was pointing.

'Ahh, that was the Blue Eyes White Dragon card!! There's only four of them in existence and one of the was reported as lost. The rest of the cards were owned by one of the well-known duelist. He also had another trump card to go with him as the three dragon cards are fused together and that card was named Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon-', he said as Shaoran gave him an almost revered look.

'Wow, it seemed that you REALLY knew a lot about the game! So... who was the one who had the three Blue Eyes cards?', he asked as Yamazaki laughed at him for being silly.

'Why- it was none other than Seto Kaiba himself!! I thought you know... considering Sakura had those cards--'

But Sakura, Tomoyo and Shaoran had not been hearing that last statement as the three of them gasped in surprise. 'Seto Kaiba?!', cried Sakura and Shaoran as Yamazaki and Chiharu looked at them, puzzled.

--

Kaiba looked at Yugi with concern as Atemu and Seth kept silent. He stepped closer to him as Yugi did the same. 'What do you mean...Yugi? What was it that you just found out after your risky trip?'

Yugi gave him a very serious look. 'I am convinced now that the enemy that tried to kill me and attacked us few days ago, was also this girl's enemy!!'

'What- How do you know?!', exclaimed Atemu and Seth as Kaiba looked at him in horror.

Yugi smiled grimly. 'Because just now that same enemy had tried to attack that girl, whose name was Sakura and I felt the same presence of dark power from the attacker!!'

Kaiba gasped in surprise as he grabbed Yugi's shoulders. 'Are you sure...Yugi?!'

Yugi nodded his head as he turned his glance towards Atemu and Seth. 'Mou hitori no boku... iie, Atemu-kun!! I hope you and Seth could help us on learning to use our powers...', said Yugi as he lowered his gaze from them. 'I'm not sure if Sakura could bear any longer on her own while waiting for this unknown enemy to strike her again. Even with the help of the Duel Monsters-'

Yugi looked up towards Atemu again. 'Therefore... Seto and me must go to her place and assist her in fighting this enemy. So, Atemu... Seth!! Please... lend us a hand so that the two us can get back to the real world!!'

Atemu grinned as he patted his other self's shoulder. 'Of course I will help you. You don't have to ask-'

'Anyway, we don't need the two of you to be stuck here in this world. It would be really a crowd-', said Seth as Yugi chuckled.

Yugi smiled as he glanced towards Kaiba-kun. 'Arigato... Seth-san, Atemu-kun..', he said as he turned his glance towards them again.

--

Mokuba sighed as he placed his brother's deck cards in Seto's briefcase and Yugi's cards in his golden box. 'Nii-sama... Yugi-san...', moaned Mokuba as he dropped Yugi's cards lazily onto the Egyptian box. 'I missed you guys...', he sighed again as he leaned on his desk.

/Mokuba... I'm already nineteen years old!! Certainly I could take care of myself. And you... you're already fourteen. So, act your age and don't be so sissy over me-! Stop worrying over me and start worrying over yourself!!/

Mokuba snorted as he remembered Seto's words when he had told him about not wanting to leave him to stay at the college. In the end, he didn't go as he had opted for a different course and still be together with his brother. 'But this time, it's different. Brother and Yugi were now lying lifeless on the hospital bed and you guys could probably be in coma for a long time-!! Then what would become of me... nii-sama?! I'll be alone...'

/Silly... there's no way I would leave you alone, Mokuba!! I'll be fine.../

Mokuba jumped suddenly as he looked behind him to find that nobody was behind him. 'Nii-sama?!', he gasped as the door opened. Shizuka entered the room and gave him a smile. 'Mokuba-kun, daijoubu desu ka...?', she asked as Mokuba wiped away the tears that head started to well in his eyes. 'Ah, daijoubu desu. I had been thinking about brother... had everyone left?'

Shizuka shook her head as both of them walked out of the room. 'Just grandpa Sugoroku, Aunt Iria and Anzu-san. O-nii-chan had stayed so that both of us could keep you company-'

Mokuba shrugged nervously as Shizuka smiled at him. 'Sorry.. Shizuka-nee-chan. I've made you guys worry about me...'

'Nonsense!! We were not troubled-', cried Shizuka as she waved the words away. 'And Seto-sama wouldn't have wanted you to face this crisis alone. Also, I... won't feel at ease, waiting at home while he's still in that condition. If not because of o-nii-chan not letting me stay at that hospital room, I wouldn't have-'

'Shizuka-san...', gasped Mokuba as he saw that her eyes had started to glisten...

'Shizuka!! Look at this...', cried Jyounouchi from the living room as Shizuka and Mokuba dashed towards him. 'What is it... Jyounouchi?!!', cried Mokuba as the lad noticed him. 'Mokuba, look at the tv screen!!', he cried pointed towards the direction. Mokuba gasped as he looked at the set, where it was showing some news bulletin...

'What... Blue Eyes?!!', he gasped as Jyounouchi pointed at another box where it showed another scene. 'And there's Black Magician!!'

'What's happening?', cried Shizuka as Mokuba and Jyounouchi remained transfixed towards the set, not believing their eyes at the scene in front of them...

--

/A strange phenomena is happening again right now after the memorable events that had occurred here in Domino a few years ago. But unlike before, this time the event was occurring at another place than Domino that is, the small city of Tomoeda. And unlike the phenomena before, this time the Duel Monsters images was seen battling each other over the city's limits-/

Mutou Sugoroku watched the news with apt attention as he called for Arthur to come and look too. The said professor was also taken aback as he saw the transmition...

/In regards with the strange events, we have called both KaibaCorp and Industrial Illusions to comment on the subject but none of them could give any explanation for this strange event. Representatives from the KaibaCorp had released their statements earlier this evening, stating that this sudden phenomena over in Tomoeda had nothing to do with their Solid Vision System and that-/

The tv screen flashed out as Sugoroku switched the set off. Both of the elderly men sat frowning at their seat as they contemplated this news. 'It has now started...', said Sugoroku as Arthur sighed with worry. 'And who will stop this advent with both Yugi and Kaiba-kun still in coma-?'

'Oh dear...', sighed Sugoroku again as he switched the tv back on again, hardly noticing a glimpse of a young lad on the set; who had been trying to avoid another attack from the Duel Monsters...

--

'Shimatta!! How many of them exactly?!', cried Shaoran as he jumped onto another roof, trying to remain unseen from the pedestrians that have seen the Duel Monsters flying around the city. He cursed again as he managed to destroy a bat monster that had been following him. Immediately he started worrying about Sakura, who had left him to chase another group of monsters from another side of the city.

'You guys try to finish the rest of the monsters here!! I'm going to Sakura's place-!', cried Shaoran as Black Magician, Celtic Swordsman and Maha Vailo split towards their separate opponents. He ran as he saw Sakura from a distance...

'SAKURA-!!', he cried as a large monster had prepared to attack her with a powerful blast. 'JUMP!!', cried Sakura as small wings emerged from her shoes and she jumped away from the blast, successfully. Shaoran caught her as she fell onto his arms. 'You okay?', he gasped as Sakura nodded frantically.

The large monster swerved as it tried again to attack the two teens. But before it could try anything, a white dragon flew between them and pulverized the monster. Sakura and Shaoran sighed with relief as the monsters had all been defeated. Sakura jumped back on her feet as Blue Eyes White Dragon turned around towards them.

'Thank you, Blue Eyes... Black Magician Girl..!!', she cried as Mana hovered over towards them. 'Thank you all!', added Shaoran as the other DM magicians appeared around them. 'It's our pleasure!!', cried Mana as she and Celtic Swordsman returned into their cards while the others just nodded their heads and disappeared. Blue Eyes gave a small cry as it too flew away and vanished.

Shaoran sighed heavily as Sakura and him jumped off onto the road. 'It seemed that our lives would become hectic again after all these years...' Sakura grinned as she wondered about that. 'Well... there's nothing that we can do...', said Sakura.

'I hoped that we could find out the culprit soon. It was alarming to not be able to stop this person from causing havoc again here! Since I don't think that we can keep on fighting this mass of monsters for long-'

'Well... we could keep on trying our best, right?', chirped Sakura as both of them walked home, hand in hand...

'Yup...'

[TBC]


az: I got some of the reviews from Lost Identity's most advent followers and I was surprised that most of them said that they were sad that the events turned out the way it did. They did agree that it was a perfect ending and I prided myself since that was the best ending I have ever written!! And it made me thinking... I was feeling sad for Yugi since he had faced a lot of trials in that fic... but I was just writing that last fic w/out mentioning those events as those scenes still gave me the sad feeling of loss. Surprisingly, even as I was unable to convey those feelings at the end... or as I thought, I actually did it!! Thanks guys!!

A/N: If there's anything wrong with the grammar or anything, feel free to tell me. I don't quite trust Words... Mine probably got its program fried or something. It wasn't helping with the proof-reading... and I had only my lil sis too proof-read this...

A/N2: Eight more... accounting!! Duel STANDBY!!