Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ The Silent Threat ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Edited the timeline... had to make the time long enough, and it had been a little inconsistent with the events on Tomoeda. Fixed that... but actually... I dunno what to go on with dis fic anyway...

A/N: Timeline between the events occurring in Tomoeda and Domino had been officially occurring in the different period, unless stated...


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... Darkness will fall and I'll be the queen of Africa. (az: Yup... I wrote that...) Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.


The Silent Threat

Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani .. Yami Azzie

'Hmm... okay. You guys had found out about our side of the story, now, tell us about yours!! I have been noticing that some of the Duel Monsters were restless...', said Yugi as Atemu can't help giggling by himself. Yugi glared at his other self as he crept closer beside him. 'Stop giggling Atemu!! You're annoying me and Seto...!!', said Yugi as Atemu tried his best to stop but cannot. The idea of Seto having a girlfriend was too much for him!! Added with the fact that he could meet with his aibou again after so long, he had no reasons NOT to be so high! Yugi sighed as he forced Atemu to lie on his lap.

'Now sleep!! Let me talk with some people while you take your merriment into your dreams!', cried Yugi as Atemu pouted at him. 'I'm not sleepy yet, aibou!!', he moaned but Yugi was determined about making him go to sleep. The lad glared at him as he spoke sternly. 'Sleep or NO MORE HOT COCOA!!', ordered Yugi as Atemu obediently closed his eyes.

Seto giggled as Yugi gave him a glare. And then he turned to Seth. 'Seth-san, before Atemu walked up to apologize to me few minutes ago... did he took anything? To drink maybe?', asked Yugi as Seth just shrugged to himself. 'No... but I remembered seeing him drinking a lot of hot chocolate when he was looking after you. You were unconscious for quiet a long time and he's been worrying...'

'How much sugar did he put in his chocolate?!', he asked as Seth shook his head. 'I don't know!! I was looking after your friend here when he made the beverage for himself!!', defended Seth as he pointed at Seto's direction. 'Atemu had tried to let me have some, but it was too sweet that I gave the rest to some of the Kuribohs to drink!!', said Seth again as Yugi and Seto slapped their head silly.(Scenes of several kuribohs came to mind as the monsters fainted on the grounds.. The kuribohs are crying!!)

'No wonder Atemu was so much as sugar-high... Talk about excitable!!', moaned Yugi as Seto cringed. 'I knew how it felt. Mokuba kept making me crazy whenever he was on those sugar-high modes!! The horror!!', hissed Seto as Yugi caressed his other self's face very fondly. 'Hai... that' why I love him...'

Yugi sighed as he glanced back towards Seth and Mahado. 'So... finally, tell us..', said Yugi after noticing that the discussion strayed towards a different topic. Mahado coughed a little as he straightened himself. 'Mana had been going to the real world to investigate these few days. Since only people who have any special powers in them could see the spirit creatures, it was easier for them to do the job as they would remain unseen. Unless of course, any of them deliberately revealed themselves... well, that was a different story. Mana had just returned after Kuriboh had almost broke their cover in one of their scouting--'

'Scouting-? Where... and for what?!', gasped Seto as Mana inadvertently popped into the room. Thankfully, she was warned not to make a sound as Atemu still slept peacefully with Yugi watching over him. Yugi frowned as he stared at both of the mages. 'So?!!', he said as Mahado shrugged uncomfortably.

'It's in a small city called Tomoeda. Not long after the attack on you two, a strange power source was eminating from that place. And... we sensed a hint of the dark power over there. Atemu and I did feel it at that time...', explained Seth as Seto and Yugi glanced at each other meaningfully. 'The forbidden powers!!', hissed both of them as Mahado frowned. 'We'll explain later about that...', said Yugi as Mahado kept quiet. '-so, why was the scouting for?'

Mana suddenly acted wary as she asked to have a chance to speak. 'We've sensed a familiar force as the one attacking you but this one had no traces of any Egyptian ancient magic. And since that whoever that attacked Yugi-sama and Seto-sama had an almost similar power to this person, we've decided to follow her and probably ask for her help to fight the enemy. At the time... we thought, we thought it was essential... because master-sama were still not... waking up. And--'

'It's okay, Mana--', said Yugi as the mage apprentice looked up at him. 'I'm fine, now. Seto-kun too... So, who was this girl if I understand correctly? If there's something brewing over there that involves her and us, I must talk to her!!'

'But Yugi...!! Before that, we had to figure up how to get back to the real world. One thing after another..', Seto reminded Yugi as the lad sighed. Looking at his two masters; both sleeping and sitting in front of him now, Mahado felt a certain responsibility to see that everything goes the way it should.

'You two can return to the real world...', he said as Seto and Yugi glanced sharply at him. 'But first, we must heal you two... The two of you had just been attacked and your spirit energies were still weak. It would be dangerous to try anything that could endanger your lives...'

'Yes... Mahado's right...', said Seth as looked at them gravely. 'There's no telling what will happen if we tried to send you back with you two still in weak condition...', he explained as Yugi and Seto acknowledged it.

'Very well... but since the two of us will be here, Seth... I hope you and Atemu could help us to learn how to use our powers-', said Yugi as Seth nodded. 'And the rest of us will help!', said Mana as Yugi thanked her. But before any of them could speak, Timaeus rushed in and bowed towards them hastily...

'Mahado... we've got trouble!!'

--

Sakura sighed as the three of them and Kero wandered around Tomoeda park, carrying the strange cat in her arms. Sakura looked around her as she wondered about the owner of the lost cat. 'Ne... Tomoyo, are you sure that this was the place? Maybe you've been imagining that the cat followed you from this place after seeing that strange fluffy animal--', she said. And unh, the cat had been with us for almost a day!! Where was its owner--?', thought Sakura as Tomoyo muttered her answer. 'I guess so... but it was worth trying. Since Sakura-chan and Li-san were around, I thought--'

'Shh--!', suddenly Shaoran hushed the two as he heard something rustling. And almost like in cue, the cat that was in Sakura's hold jumped off from her and growled angrily at something. Kero looked at this as a sign. 'It seemed that this cat sensed something too...', he said as Sakura looked at him, strangely. 'Kero-chan!! What do you mean--?!', she cried as Kero stared at her in disbelief. 'Sakura, didn't you sensed any power from that cat?! And Shaoran!! You can't sense it too?!', he cried as Shaoran stuttered.

'But... I didn't sense any ill will from her--'

Sakura stared at Shaoran with surprise. 'Shaoran... you--'

Suddenly something sprang from nowhere and tried to attack them. Pussy, the cat that they had temporary named, immediately sprang into life as she prevented the attack from reaching the kids. 'What--?!', cried Sakura and the others as Pussy suddenly stood on its two legs and made a little whistling sound. And as if summoned, came another two of the strangely dressed cats beside her as the three animals bared their fangs at the attacker.

On impulse, all three of the teens and Kero looked at the direction the cats were looking and gasped in surprise as a strange lizard-type warrior was standing before them; holding yet another strange weapon at hand. The Cat's Ears tribe proceeded to attack the intruder as their effort turned to vain. All three cats were thrown back as Sakura and the others dashed towards their own safety. 'Pussy!! Are you alright?!', gasped Sakura as she reached the white cat. Pussy looked at her in surprise as she saw the enemy looming behind Sakura...

'Sakura!!', cried Shaoran as Tomoyo cried loudly. Sakura gasped as she whirled around to find that the beast-warrior was about to kill her. But even before anyone could react, another warrior came to her rescue and pushed away the beast. Shaoran, Tomoyo and Keroberos (he changed the instant that Sakura was almost attacked) immediately rushed to her aid. 'Sakura--!! Are you okay?!', gasped Shaoran as Tomoyo hugged her. Sakura nodded her head as she glanced towards her sudden savior.

Celtic Swordsman readied his posture as he was about to make his attack on the enemy. And out of nowhere, another beast-warrior emerged from behind the teens as Celtic Swordsman slashed the Rude Kaiser in two. He looked at them with worry as the teens turned to find the new monster rushing towards them...

'Hayaku, Mahado!! Kono monster o kougeki!! Black Magic!!', cried someone as the monster exploded into million particles..

Nearby, a robed lad was hissing to himself as he immediately retreated away from the place. Shaoran glanced at the direction as he caught a glimpse of a fleeting shadow. Dismissing it, he immediately turned around to find that Sakura and the others were looking towards their savior. Yugi smiled as Black Magician cast a disapproving frown at him.

'Yugi-sama!! You shouldn't have followed us along! Mana, me and the others can manage this ourselves--', said Mahado as Yugi's body shook a little with the amount of power that he had to use to stay visible in front of the teens. 'Daijoubu...', said Yugi as he frowned a little before turning his attention towards Sakura. 'I need to make them understand that we meant no harm to her-'

'Omae wa dare-?!', asked Sakura as she tried to touch Yugi's hand but her hand passed right through him!! 'Sakura!!', cried Shaoran voicing out his concern for her as Keroberos growled at him menacingly, pushing Sakura back a little. Yugi sighed apologetically as Mana rushed to his side when he started swaying. 'I'm sorry if that surprised you... Sakura-san. My body was not exactly here. What you see in front of you right now was only a shadow of me. But, do not fear... The duel monsters and I meant no harm on you. Trust me...', said Yugi as Sakura nodded at him, despite Keroberos's attempt to push her away from Yugi.

Yugi smiled as he noticed Kero's faithful attempt to protect Sakura. 'Glad to see that you have some faithful friends alongside you-', he said as he turned to look at the Cat's Ears tribes as the three monsters bowed at him. 'You three can return now, your duty was done-'

'Pharaoh!!', gasped Mahado as Yugi turned to grinned at him, despite his fatigue clearly showing from his eyes. 'He'd be surprised to hear you calling me that...', said Yugi as he held out his hand towards Sakura. 'When anything like this happened again, they would be able to help you--', said Yugi as Sakura held out her hand to find that two pieces of cards fell onto her hands.

--

At the same time in Kaiba's Mansion, Seto's room was glowing as two of Yugi's deck cards vanished from view. Unaware of this, Mokuba stirred in his sleep as he slept on Seto's bed, feeling secure with the presence of Seto's things around him...

--

Yugi gasped as Mahado and Mana quickly caught him before he collapsed to the ground in fatigue. 'Enough... you've strained your powers too much!!', gasped Mahado with worry. Yugi nodded weakly at him as he glanced again towards Sakura.

'We'll meet again... soon. Take care of yourselves before that--', said Yugi as the duel monsters and himself turned into particles of light and fluttered into the aurora that had suddenly emerged over Tomoeda's evening sky.

'Mata ne... shinjiteru...'

Sakura, Tomoyo and Shaoran stared at the aurora wide-eyed as the sudden play of light disappeared from view. Kero changed himself again as he hovered beside Sakura. 'Sakura... what did that person gave you?!', he cried as Shaoran and Tomoyo turned towards her.

Sakura shrugged as she flicked the cards over to see that they were some sort of playing cards with pictures of the companions of Yugi. 'Bu-rakku... err, Black Magician Girl... and Celtic.. Swordsman?!', sighed Sakura as Shaoran asked her to keep the cards quickly. Glancing at each other, Shaoran muttered his concerns. 'Sakura, do you trust him?!', he said as she nodded. 'Yes, I do but... aah!!'

'What... Sakura-chan?!', gasped Kero-chan suddenly. Sakura looked at him with anxiety. 'I didn't ask for his full name!!', she cried as the others falls over comically...

--

'Sakura--!! Look here!!', cried Tomoyo as Sakura and Shaoran looked over to her side. 'Here is the person!', she gasped as she read the newsgroup. 'Considered as the world champion duelist, Yugi Mutou was one of the top duelist alongside Seto Kaiba, who was in second place. Among his trump cards that he used in various tournaments are Black Magician, Osiris the Saint Dragon, Black Magician Girl, Celtic Swordsman--'

'Those were two of his cards!!', gasped Sakura as Shaoran nodded wispily. 'It's surprising that he would give Sakura two of his most important cards--'

But suddenly, Tomoyo let out a gasp. 'Among some of the tournaments that he had taken part in. One of it was the Battle City tournament in Domino City. He had been very famous after that and he had made a special appearance in the KC Grand Prix tournament in America, where both tournaments had been organized by none other than Kaiba Corporation; owned by the second-most top duelist Seto Kaiba. But unfortunately, in recent events, Mutou Yugi and Seto Kaiba were reportedly hospitalized in the Kaiba Corporation private hospital due to a mysterious illness--'

'Hospitalized for mysterious illness?! What the hell?', cried Shaoran in surprise as Sakura took out the two cards that she had received. 'That's why... he said about him appearing before me as a shadow... Something must have had happened to him!!', she gasped as Shaoran continued to type in the keywords on his side of the computer. 'Then again, it was undeniable that the guy had some powers in him. These tournaments that he had entered were intense!! As if he's also dueling in the game with his powers. It was written here that some of the finalist of recent tournament had suffered a lot of injuries more badly than most of the common players. And it seemed that during his participation, strange things have occured! A lot of people had been hurt and there's this strange events regarding something about Doma..'

'Well, I also felt some kind of power from these two cards. Wonder why... But come on, it's late-', said Sakura as the trio exit the internet cafe...

--

'I wonder what had happened to Mutou-san and his friend...', sighed Sakura as Shaoran tapped her on the shoulder. 'Sakura, be careful. I think someone was targeting you--', he said as Sakura and Tomoyo looked at him. 'Mutou-san?!', she gasped but Shaoran shook his head. 'I thought that I saw someone fleeing from the park after Mutou-san's magician destroyed that monster that tried to attack you. I think-'

'Li-kun!! Sakura-chan... Tomoyo-chan!!', cried someone as the trio tuned around to find Yamazaki and Chiharu running towards them. Kero peeked out a little from Sakura's handbag as he tried to see what was it about.

'Hi!!', cried Chiharu at the three as Yamazaki noticed the two cards on Sakura's hand. 'Hey, Sakura-', he gasped as he pointed out the cards...

--

Yugi smiled awkwardly at Atemu, Seth and Seto as the three of them glared at him in anger. 'What were you thinking?!! You could endanger yourself out there!! Not to mention exhausting your powers...', cried Atemu, frantically as Yugi gave him a reassuring kiss on the forehead. 'I'm okay... Mahado WAS taking care of me with everything he had-', said Yugi with a twinkle in his eyes. He glanced at Mahado and Mana before turning towards Kaiba.

'Seto-kun... I think I have understood something..', he said as Kaiba glanced at him...

[TBC]


az: Nine more.. and I want to sleep. Puasa lah!!