Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Turbulence ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hehehe... Thanks for reviewing. I'm happy. Well... I'm not going to really bring back Atemu to the real world. "rolls eyes" That would spoil everything... and risk reawakening another sennen incident. But I do mean it about reuniting Yugi with Atemu though. There's still some unsolved issues between Yugi and Seto and Atemu and Seth to put in Lost Identity. So... I just had to bring them back.

A/N: And I suggest that people read and review Lost Identity since I'm referring a lot of things from that fic. Ja!!


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... Darkness will fall and I'll be the queen of Africa. (az: Huh?! Did I just wrote that?!). Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.


Turbulence

Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani .. Yami Azzie

'Ouch...', said Seto as he slowly rose from his slumber. And then as he blinked at his surroundings, and seeing that almost impossible image in front of him... he knew that something was wrong. 'Oh-- Where am I? I don't think that I'm supposed to be at a hospital, am I? Not even in Domino...', he said as he glanced at the tall figure.

Seth smirked by himself as he felt amused at the reaction of his supposed future self. 'I guess so. Where do you think we are now?', he said as Seto scratched his head in confusion. 'I could remember being attacked and trying to defend ourselves but... oh no, am I dead? Are we at the spirit world--?', cried Seto in panic as Seth started to laugh.

'No, but you're close. This is the DM world as you know it. And me in front of you is a spirit. And you two... existing here also in spirit form...', explained Seth as Seto took that all in. And then, finally he remembered. 'Yugi!! What happened to him?!! Do you know?! Is he alright? You know who I'm taking about, is it? Yugi was Atemu's other self--', cried Seto as Seth looked at him in surprise. This person... he shows a lot of care for this Yugi. Same as Pharaoh. But how could he be... mind that, in his time, this Yugi was no pharaoh... and not his cousin. But he still cares about the other as if they were related by blood. Oh Ra... cross that, how could I tell him about his friend...

Seth swallowed hard as he turned to face the exit. 'He's... okay, kind of. Atemu was with him. Follow me...', said Seth as Seto followed him, feeling very worried. He knew in his heart that something was amiss...

And he proved himself correct as he found both of them in the other chamber. Atemu was sitting on the bedside, and Yugi... he was still unconscious. Seto darted towards them as he looked at Yugi's limp form on the bed.

'What's wrong with Yugi?', gasped Seto as Atemu shook his head slowly. 'I don't know... I've tried to wake him up all the time but there's some force that's preventing me to reach him--'

'Nonsense!!', cried Seto as he grabbed Yugi's body to shake him. Suddenly there was a flash of light and Yugi immediately popped his eyes open and gasped as if he had been drowning. 'What? Whoa--!', gasped Seto as Atemu let out a frightened gasp. 'Huh... Seto?! What happened? Why are we here? What in Ra's name--'

'Oh-hoho... slow down cowboy!! We're alive... and for some reason we're stuck in this DM world--', said Seto as Yugi glanced around and saw Seth and Atemu at his side. He stared and blinked at his other self for a short minute and looked away. Misinterpreting the gesture, Atemu looked down on his knees sadly, thinking that his aibou doesn't like him anymore. Well, he's got Kaiba and they seemed pretty close and it's not like he hadn't noticed that his aibou had looked exactly like him...

Yugi sighed heavily as he got off the bed and walked towards Atemu's side. And before he knew it, the young pharaoh felt tender arms encircling his body as Yugi embraced his other self. Atemu gasped as Yugi whispered his apologies beside his ears. 'I'm sorry... I had just escaped from being trapped inside the shadow realm that I took little time to set my emotions right again. It's not like I hated you...', said Yugi, smiling as he released Atemu from the embrace. Eventually, the young pharaoh also smiled as he glanced at Seto and his double self.

It seemed that sunshine returned to lighten his heart again as Atemu smiled at his aibou earnestly. 'Now I'm sure that you are aibou!! No one could smile at me like that even if they took a plastic surgery to look like me!!', said Atemu as Yugi chuckled at the term that he used. I mean... Atemu still remembers those modern terms!!

'I guessed you were right. And you still called me your partner!! It's Yugi... try, Yu-Gi...', said Yugi slowly as Seto laughed at the prospect of seeing him teaching his other self to say his proper name. Atemu grinned as he saw Seth smirking silently at the edge of the room. 'Okay... Yugi. Thanks... so, what happened to both of you that you guys flew over to this world?', said Atemu as Yugi frowned. The former hikari hopped onto the bed as Atemu regretted voicing out the question too soon.

'Your-- ehem.. friend, said something that you guys had been ambushed-', said Seth as Seto and Yugi looked a little pale. Atemu glanced at them in concern as he sensed some troubling feeling. He was about to ask more before Yugi started to open his mouth...

'They were trying to kill me...', said Yugi monotonously as Atemu and Seth looked at them in shock. 'What... Why--?', gasped Atemu as Yugi waved his hand in front of him. Might as well tried summoning something as to confirm that their powers really exist before having to explain anything. But unfortunately, Yugi had inadvertently summoned Black Magician and the mage was looking none too happy at him.

'Oh no...', moaned Yugi as he slapped his own forehead. 'I was hoping that I could summon someone else...', he said as Atemu gave him a shocked expression. Technically, it would be impossible for Yugi to use any powers, not like he knows...

'That... is the reason.', said Seto calmly. 'And for some other reason, I've got the same powers too. And we've never realized it that we had it until... you know. It's like our attacker knew something about our hidden powers...', said Seto as Yugi decided to get out of the room.

'Wait--', ordered Black Magician as Yugi glared at him angrily. 'Can the explanations come later?!! I'm sick of this!! It's been five years... and I had lived the last three years happily thinking that I could finally live a normal life! And suddenly, someone out there wants to wreck havoc in my life even when I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!', shouted Yugi at Mahado's face as Atemu and Seth looked at him in surprise. And Seto just watched him as he fully understood his feelings. Well, Yugi had been ranting at him seconds before they were attacked-

A little bit taken, Mahado just let the lad go as he stared at Seto with questions in his head. 'What happened?!', said the mage as Seto sighed. 'Well... a lot of things had happened after that trip inside Yugi's memories. To keep it short, it's been havoc. Especially since Yugi's father-'

'Yugi's father-?!', gasped Atemu as Seto nodded at him. 'Yugi's father... had returned after Yugi and I had faced a formidable enemy. Some stupid problems occur after that, very confusing matter. And then, we found out that there was something else that was weird... and that brought another mess. Now, a few years has passed and Yugi and I had been living our lives as normal as we could... but up came the Professor to bring the bad news and BANG!!! We were attacked... or in this case, someone tried to kill Yugi before I rushed in to save him and had us both hit!! Now... you understand?', ranted Seto as Mahado looked at him wide-eyed. (Seto: I was angry too, you know..? I only kept quiet because Yugi was ranting on his own!! I'm not going to make matters worse with BOTH of us ranting at the same time?!! Would ya? Atemu: Don't take it out on me! Seth: Or me... Mahado: Me too!!)

Atemu took a long sigh before glancing towards Seto sternly. 'Kaiba... what.are you.talking.about? Had anything happened since I entered the Eye of Wedjat?! What is it that you were keeping from me..?', he said as Seth gave his other self a look of bewilderment. Not to mention some glares towards Mahado coz' he has never TOLD them!! Really... mages these days...

Seto heaved another sigh.. (Seto: I've been doing it a lot, am I?) as he recollected himself to be the arrogant businessman a.k.a. second best duelist that most people still thought he was. 'It started a few... months after that little itsy bitsy trip to Egypt. Anzu and her whole pack of hullabaloo two friends of hers started to forget about everything and made Yugi's life like hell. And then-', explained Seto as Atemu started to understand the reason on why his partner was really angry about...

--

'Aww... was she cute?!', cooed Tomoyo as she played with the cutey, little white cat that was residing on Sakura's lap. Sakura nodded as she let the cat pawed her hands. 'No wonder her owner dressed her up like this. Kawaii!!', sighed Sakura as she heard Touya coming. Kero-chan immediately let himself fall on Tomoyo's lap as he pretended to be a doll. Touya walked into the living room as he saw them...

Touya's eyes grew sharp as he noticed Shaoran's presence. 'Oh... visitors!! Shall I go and bring out some refreshments?!!', he chanted as Sakura glared at him. 'O-nii-chan!! It's been a long time... why can't you be nice to Shaoran? He's only--', she said as Shaoran stopped her. 'I'll help out. You don't need to force yourself...', he said earnestly as he hastily headed towards the kitchen. Touya gave him a leer as he spotted the cat on Sakura's lap.

Kero looked at him with interest as for the first time in his whole experience, that Touya was not staring at him. The tall man just shrugged and headed towards the kitchen as Sakura gave him an evil look...

--

Shizuka held Seto's hand tightly as the respirator unit suddenly showed his heart beating rapidly before returning back to the slow rhythm that was continuing now. Yugi had the same reaction before but she had decided not to alarm the others by giving them a false alarm. And Rebecca was already tired out for the day and was silently sleeping at Yugi's side so there's no need to alarm her yet.

Anyway, the others had not taken any food at any regular time since coming to the hospital and only at some small tidbits of food they could buy at the cafe. But that was no proper food for them. So, all of them had decided to pay a little visit to the cafeteria to have some proper lunch. After all, most of them had stayed up and watched over Seto and Yugi's progress with little improvements for almost three days and they scarcely had time to refresh themselves. Rebecca hadn't had any appetite since the incident and had constantly sat beside Yugi with Shizuka. She too had not eaten properly since then but right now, watching over her Seto-sama whom she loved is the only thing that matters now. She slowly brought Seto's palm towards her cheeks...

'Shizuka, you want something..?' Suddenly, Jyounouchi popped in as this startled Shizuka to let go of Seto's hand. That hand slowly dropped and grazed her neck and was about to slither towards her breast had Shizuka not reminded herself to grab that hand away. (Az: Hihihih... Seto: You did that on purpose!!) She blushed as she thought that she heard someone laughing beside her...

'O.. o-nii-chan!! What--?!' gasped Shizuka as her brother rolled his eyes at her. 'Food... something to eat--?', said Jyounouchi, oblivious to anything that had just happened...

'Ah... yes!! Let's go--', she cried as she turned and gave a short kiss on Seto's cheek. 'I'll be back... probably with Mokuba too. Take care!!', she whispered as she rushed towards her brother. 'Ah, wait!! I'll go wake Rebecca up...', said Shizuka as she walked towards Becky.

Before leaving as Jyounouchi and Becky had already gone out, she gave a curious glance inside the room as she saw no one in particular except the two patients who have been lying on the bed for quite some time. The girl sighed as she thought that the long watch had tire her senses...

--

'Ahahahaha---!!', chuckled Yugi as Seto joined him at the balcony. It seemed that they were currently residing in an almost Egyptian-like castle. And believe it or not... the white castle that both of them had once visited to resurrect the legendary dragons was quite nearby.

'What were you laughing about?!', said Seto as Yugi looked at him with merriment in his eyes. 'I guess you were not in a bad mood anymore-! Lucky you, since I was the one who had to explain to them of our past exploits in the end... again!! So tell me... what is it?'

'It's you-!!', said Yugi as Seto clearly doesn't understand. 'I was wondering about how the others are doing right now and I used a little bit of my powers to see. And I saw instead of Shizuka watching at your bedside and some funny things when Jyounouchi barged in. Hahahaha...', laughed Yugi as Seto cast a faraway look towards the surroundings. Then again, he did wonder about what was funny though. Yugi was not showing any signs on telling him any time soon...

'She was worried..?', gasped Seto as Yugi nodded. 'And I saw Rebeca worrying at my side... Wonder if the others found out about this? And certainly they will also be devastated about this... Man, I never thought things would turn out like this..'

'So now, are you okay?', said Atemu almost timidly as the two twirled around to smile at him. Yugi nodded as Seth walked towards them, caring to put a slight distance between him and Atemu. Yugi nodded at his other self as he spoke. 'I'm fine... I hope you did not worry yourself with anything that Seto had told you. I've settled that problem long ago... and we were just talking about Seto's girlfriend...', chirped Yugi as Atemu stared at him wide-eyed.

'Kaiba had a girlfriend?!', gasped Atemu in surprise as Seth glanced at his other self in curiosity. Seto kicked Yugi's leg as the shorter lad giggled. 'Yeah, and it's Shizuka-chan... Kisara, if you wondered how she looked like--', said Yugi as Seth suddenly got this weird look between happiness and bewilderment. Unfortunately, it was not the same for poor Atemu...

'Shizu... SHIZUKA-SAN?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Kaiba... finally had a... And he what? Love at first sight? Really...? Kaiba-kun was capable of that? This was so funny... Whoahahaha.. ooooopps!!', chuckled Atemu as he fell over the stone stairs. Seth, Yugi and Seto looked over the stairs in alarm as they still could see the poor pharaoh still laughing at the end of the railing. Seth immediately rushed towards his aid, followed by Mahado. (az: Hey, how did he came here so quickly?!)

Seto looked at Yugi, awkwardly as the other just rolled his eyes at him. 'Do you feel something like deja-vu?!', said Seto as Yugi grinned as he remembered his own little trip down the stairs long time ago. 'Ehehehehehe.... no, don't start!! But it's sure fun to see him like that-', said Yugi as both of them rushed down to help Seth and Mahado to calm Atemu. But even the four of them cannot stop the excitable pharaoh from his unending mirth...

--

'Mokuba-kun... what's the matter?! ', asked Sugoroku as Mokuba slowly ate his late breakfast with the others. 'I wonder... what if o-nii-sama and Yugi never wake up?! Then I'll be alone...', moaned the lad as the old man patted his shoulders comfortingly. 'They will be alright... Trust me...', said the old man as the lad sighed heavily while trying to swallow the fries that he had stuck into his mouth...

[TBC]


az: Ooh.... ten more chapters to edit...