Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A New Day to Come ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER
I do not nor will I ever own the characters of Card Captor Sakura…
 
Chapter 1
 
It was a day like any other filled with fun, laughter and work… Just another path on the road through life…
 
Well… It was a normal day… Until I moved to Tomoeda that is… The land where I sensed that my new mistress resided.
 
I had been waiting all of my life for the influencing pull that would alert me that my master (in this case, mistress) was ready to meet me!
 
I had felt it begin to grow less than five months ago… Right when there was a large MAGICALLY INDUCED night fall. The force had gotten so strong, some days I felt that I would DIE if I didn't go to her soon.
 
My name was and is Kanshi, as in `Kanshisha' or `Protector.' Ironic, I suppose.
 
I was going to drop my belongings at my `cousin,' Yukito-san's house as `Satsuki Mono.' He said that it was fairly nice and I knew that I would enjoy my stay.
 
I knew that Yuki-san had Yue-sensei, and that Kero Kero-sensei (Keroberos hated when I called him that) was watching over the mistress… It was only natural that I would rather stay with Yukito-san and Yue-sensei… After all, they were pretty much alone, and it's not like I was going to stay long anyway…
 
Dropping my one suitcase, I looked to see a note on the door:
 
Watashi wa Kinomouto no uchi de bangohan wo tabemasu. Gomen nasai yo.
(I am eating dinner at the Kinoumoto's house. Sorry!)
 
-Yukito
 
Something glinted out of the corner of my eye… A KEY! Under the rock! I quickly grabbed it and unlocked the door. I threw my things in a corner and left again locking the door quickly behind me, slipping the key into my pocket for future use as I headed to the Kinoumoto household.
 
I knocked and a handsome man opened the door. “Hello miss,” he smiled at me warmly, reminding me of Master Clow, “may I help you?”
 
“Yessir,” I responded, “I am here to see a `Yukito-san…' I am his cousin… I deeply apologize if I interrupted anything…”
 
“Not at all!” The man smiled again, and held the door open, “Please, do come in! He is most likely in my son's room. The brown door.” I smiled at him, bowing before I entered his home.
 
Walking up the stairs, I noticed a picture of a beautiful woman. I grinned slightly at the sight of such happiness.
 
Three doors, I observed. One white, one brown, and the last, pink… My hand reached for the brown, but my heart and magic reached for the pink. It was her room, I was sure of it!
 
Knocking first as I was taught, a tall boy with an intimidating glare opened the door. “Whadda ya want lady?”
 
“Yes… Um… I'm here to see Yukito-san… My cousin.”
 
“Hey Yuki!” He called behind him, “Do you have a cousin?”
 
“Yes. Her name is Satsuki… She is supposed to be staying with me…” The muffled voice, she assumed, was Yuki-san.
 
The teen at the door glared again before grudgingly letting her in the room.
 
“Hello Yukito-san! My name is Satsuki!”
 
A boy in the opposite corner of the room glanced over at her curiously. Cerulean eyes glittered under large rimmed glasses. “Yes… My name is Yukito… It's a pleasure to meet you!”
 
“I apologize if I am interrupting, but I just wanted to let you know that I dropped my things off at your house… Until I can find a more permanent residence, of course.”
 
“O-of course!” He said, flustered. “I-I mean, you can stay with me longer if you like… It is no burden…”
 
I saw his friend look at him wearily and I bowed, taking my leave.
 
On the way out, I bumped into someone carrying a tray, “Phwee! Excuse me! I didn't mean to-”
 
“No! Excuse me! I was at fault! Please, let me take this for you!” I could feel it. She was the one! The one that to be my master! “Where does this go?” I asked politely.
 
“OH!” She gasped as if she had remembered something important, “My room, but I should probably take it!” She laughed nervously, holding out her hands, trying to take the tray from me. My grip held fast.
 
“Is Keroberos in there?” I asked very seriously. She looked confused and surprised before a look of suspicion fell over her face. I smiled, but it had no effect on her apprehensive glance. “Please, I am a friend, not a foe. My name is Kanshi, but I would prefer it if you would call me Satsuki, as it is the name I am to be going by in this town.” Seeing that I did not ease her troubles, I spoke again, “I am only here to complete my training and protect you, Sakura-sama.”
 
Her eyes were wide, her hands clenched at her chest, unsure whether or not she should believe me. “Come,” I sighed, “I'm sure Kero Kero can explain this better…”
 
I carried the tray with one hand as I opened the door. I heard an exasperated sigh, “Finally Sakura! I was wondering if I was gonna have to check on you!”
 
“I assure you, Master Kero Kero, she is in very capable hands.” Master Kero did a double take. “Your nickname suits you now, Master.”
 
“Kanshi? I thought you were dead!” The flying brown doll looking creature was zooming through the air excitedly.
 
“Um… Kero? Who is this?” Sakura-sama glanced nervously at me as I put the tray down.
 
“Eh? Oh! Right, sorry! This is Kanshi! She was master Clow's last creation! She was so cool and she was fun to play tag with!” Kero's smile was rather large as he began to dig into his food.
 
“Kero Kero! Ever the appetite! You haven't changed at all…”
 
“That reminds me!” Sakura jumped up. “Yue is in the other room! He is-”
 
“Yukito-san.” I finished for her. She blushed slightly and nodded. I frowned, “Don't get him. He doesn't remember me anyway, so there is no point.”
 
She looked at me questioningly. Kero-sensei explained for me, “Clow erased his memory because he took it rather hard that she was going…”
 
Sakura looked at me with shock, looking rather disheartened at the fact. “I came to finish my training with Kero Kero instead of with Yue-sensei. Then, I'll protect you any way I can without drawing his attention to me. I just have to find my own apartment as soon as I can.” I smiled sadly in her direction.
 
“Well, you may as well transform… It's not like you can't transform back if anyone knocks…” Kero crossed his arms impatiently.
 
I nodded confidently and called upon my powers. As I opened my eyes again, I heard a surprised gasp. I cocked my head slightly. “Is something wrong Sakura sama?”
 
She shook her head vigorously. “You just shocked me that's all.”
 
I smiled. “I really do look different, don't I?”
 
She nodded, “I only wish you could speak to Yue… It would be pretty neat to see his reaction…”
 
“One day, mistress, one day…”
 
END
GR: I re-vamped the whole story, so it is gonna be a while before I get all of the chapters I had, up… So… Please, I am working as fast as I can.