Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Here I go again writing another sappy and sweet S+S one-shot. *sweatdrops* So sorry if I'm annoying y'all with these S+S fics but I just had to write this, and please forgive me if I ain't making any updates on my other fics. I just have this major case of writer's block at the moment, and it is quite a bother to be honest. Plus I still have school to take care of, and right now I don't think I'm doing pretty well on my science course. *sighs*

But dunt worries I already started the new chapter to Lake of Dreams so I'll upload it as soon as I finish. But other than that I really got nothing else to say so hopefully you'll enjoy this beautiful one-shot. And as always feedback would be greatly appreciated!! =)

As u can tell...I changed my pename...*sweatdrops* So now I am known as 'Eternal Serenity' Jus thought it'd be nice to do a lil change...=)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Card Captor Sakura in any way shape or form. All characters belong to the property of Clamp. Too bad eh? I would have been nice if I did own Syaoran...*hugs kawaii bishy*

KEY:

"......" (speaking)

'......' (thoughts)

*********** (change of scenery or POVS)

*FLASHBACK*

Words in italics (description or thoughts)

A/N: (author's note)

***********

A Second Chance

By:Eternal Serenity

I slowly walked up the steps of her apartment building feeling uncertain about this whole situation with each step that I took. I felt nervousness and fright at that moment as I smoothed my clammy palms against the fabric of my jeans. I listened intently to the sound of my shoes against the floor with each step.

I came here to settle this once and for all and there was no turning back because I knew for a fact that this was the only chance that I had.

As soon as I neared my destination I found myself backing away like a damn coward.

I shook my head furiously. No...

But no matter how hard I tried to shake away the horrible thoughts I already know for a fact that she would probably shun me away.

'But kami-sama I just couldn't let her go.' I thought frantically as I fingered the gold band inside my pocket. When I finally made my way in front of her doorstep, I stared at the oak door as if it was the most interesting object in the world at that moment. I balled my hands into fists out of frustration and looked down on the ground with a frown. But it was now or never. Fate was against us before but this time I came back to settle this once and for all.

With a deep breath I reached for the door with a light knock.

Lines of worry creased my brow as I felt myself shake out of nervousness. I ran a hand through my messy hair as a way to ease my tension. I waited there patiently then after a minutes the door opened.

At the sight of her right in front of me I suddenly found myself unable to speak. She in turn just stared back at me in surprise but then suddenly I could feel her anger rising and tears began to form in her emerald eyes.

I felt my heart break from the sight in front of me. It had been such a long time we had seen each other and the mere sight of her beautiful face made me regret everything that I had done wrong in the past.

But I loved her with all my heart and for all those years of separation between us she was the only one who made everything seem worthwhile. As I gazed at her tear streak face I suddenly had this urge to wrap my arms around her figure and kiss her tears away. But it took a whole lot of my willpower not to do so.

I smiled weakly as a way to ease away the cold air that surrounded us at that moment. I wiped away the beads of sweat that fell without notice from my forehead.

I suddenly turned away from her gaze. I couldn't bear to see her eyes full of hatred and anger because if I did tears would fall from my eyes. But I had to be strong...I had to be.

Gathering enough courage from within my heart I did the most impossible thing for me to do at that time.

I kneeled down on one knee and with a deep breath I finally looked up at her tear struck face and I softly asked, "Will you marry me....Sakura?" As I showed her the simple yet beautiful gold ring.

She stared at me wide eyed and stood there frozen for a second. She eyed the ring with regret evidently showing in her eyes. But then all of a sudden obvious anger was seen in her emerald eyes as she turned her back away from my gaze.

"You know that I'm already engaged..." She stated in a firm and steady tone, as she slightly turned to face me and eyed the ring once more. "And you....you come back here back in my life again Syaoran....with such a beautiful ring...."

The last few words said in a whisper as tears form in her eyes at the sight of me proposing.

"But....Syaoran....it's already too late....way too late...." She replied in defeat as she turned away from my gaze and I felt my chest hurt that I barely could keep my focus.

I felt my heart and my soul break apart furiously at her words. No....this can't be happening. All these years I have waited and endured for coming back to her was for nothing. All that hard training and hard work...all those times that I would have done anything just to hear her voice....

I clenched my fists out of frustration and agony. I stood up slowly and looked down. I would have tried once more to get her back...but I already have lost my hope in ever getting her back in my life. Although I know that it wouldn't hurt to at least try. But I already know that I had no choice...even if my life depended on it. I needed to take the little chances I have to get her back in my arms once more.

I looked up and stared at her back in longing. There was nothing more in this world that I wanted than to hold her in my arms just one more time. Just to feel her close to me was enough for my spirit and body to endure everything. She was the one who had truly helped me endure all those training I had to go through for my family. But she was the first thing and the last thing on my mind....she always was the only one.

I felt slight wetness form in my amber eyes. But I didn't hold back the tears. There was no need.

Then suddenly as I watched her steady back in front of me she slowly turned around to face me. But the expression I expected to see wasn't what I was expecting.

She had tears in her eyes...

"All those years....Syaoran. All those years I waited patiently of waiting for you. Without even a letter, a phone call wasn't made to let me know where you were. I was worried terribly...Syaoran don't you even know? How much pain and heartbreak I had to go through?" I felt my heart flinch in response.

She looked down at the ground and unexpectedly her body shook in agony.

Kami-sama.....it hurt terribly to see her like this. No...onegai don't let me see her like this...

I had to stop myself from holding her in my arms and to comfort her. But I had no choice.

I quickly filled the gap in between the two of us. I held her shivering body in my arms and comforted her.

I would have expected her to turn away from my arms and shun me away. But instead she held onto me tightly as if her life depended on it.

"Syaoran...." She murmured softly in my arms as she clutched the green fabric of my shirt.

"Hn?" I answered her softly as I felt my heart flutter in response to feel her in my arms. I held onto her tightly.

She looked up at me her expression unreadable. I looked down at her with obvious confusion in my eyes. But then as if realization had just struck her senses she quickly pushed me away as if she had just touched fire. Something forbidden and not right.

She slowly backed away from me while she shook her head.

"No...Syaoran...please...I'm already engaged...I can't..."

I didn't make a move to reach for her. Instead I just stood there and felt my heart break silently.

But I had to try...one last time. I needed to know.

"Sakura...please tell me if you love this guy....and if you do Sakura I promise I'll be out of your life for good. But please....if you would give me another chance...." I couldn't stop the slight hopefulness my voice wore.

She stopped and stood unmoving for a second as she stared at me. More tears made their way in her eyes.

I already knew what her answer was going to be. But I couldn`t stop the hope my heart felt that maybe just maybe I still had a place in her heart.

"I.....I love him." Was her long awaited answer.

I just noodded in response trying my best to ignore the searing pain in my chest. I felt my heart break and soul finally die. That was the last straw. This was the end for me. The end for the both of us.

With a heavy sigh of defeat I slowly made my way out of her door and out of her life for good. I would have said something, one last thing before I leave but I didn't trust myself to speak. Besides there was nothing left for me to say anyways.

I felt tears fall slowly from my eyes as I reached towards the door knob with a numb hand. I didn't need to try and stop them from coming since it was no use. I lost the love of my life forever. Oh kami-sama it hurts...

And then suddenly the terrible pain in my chest disappeared in an instant with the last salvage of truth and sacrifice that she gave up just for the sake of our love.

"But not as much as I love you Syaoran." She finally said in a soft tone with a sigh of happiness. I froze in shock. Did I just hear that? I slowly turned around to face her, but as soon as I did, obvious love was seen through her teary emerald orbs. But before I could comprehend the shock her words had made she quickly flung herself in my arms almost causing me to have a heart attack.

I couldn't believe what she just said....she...did she really just say what I thought she said?

"How could you ever think that I would love anyone else but you? You will always be the only one that I truly love and no one can ever change that...no one. I just couldn't bring myself to lose you again Syaoran." She whispered.

I felt my heart soar at the sound of her words.

She gazed up at me with happy tears flowing in her eyes as I smiled genuinely at the sight. Oh god I loved her so much...

I hastily returned her embrace as I clutched the bundle of joy in my arms.

*************

A/N: Just for fair credit the original idea to this fic was taken from a wonderful author named Black Rose and it was originally an HYxRP fic called "Moment of Truth." Although I did change the situations and everything else, the whole main idea is similar. But it is NOT an exact copy! >_< (read her fic and you'll know exactly what I'm saying!) And please make sure to read some of her work when you can. She has got to be one of the best authors ever!! =) Anyways I hope you enjoyed this, and of course reviews are welcome!! Arigatou for taking the time to read!! ^_^

** Send reviews, comments to: sweet_cherryblossoms415@hotmail.com.