Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Personalities ❯ The past ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's note: I thought I said I'd continue next week…then why am I here again? Hmmmm. Guess I'm bored since I finished my work. This chapter is just about what happened before, in the form of what seems like a flashback.

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS or The Slayers. CLAMP own CCS and someone else out there owns Slayers. I do own Arisa, though.

Key:

~*~*~*~ = Scene change/time change (it will be indicated)

"…" = Speech

'…' = Thoughts

A Twist of Personalities

Chapter 4: The Past

A five-year-old Sakura was playing in the house. She accidentally dropped her ball and it rolled into the basement.

"Hey! Oh no…I hate the basement…" Sakura muttered shakily as she walked down the stairs. "What if there are ghosts in here?"

As if on cue, a light appeared and lit up the basement, making it look eerie.

"HOE!!!" Sakura screamed and stared crying. The light swirled and started to form a portal, sucking Sakura in.

"Otou-san! Onii-chan! HELP!!!" Sakura yelled helplessly before she vanished. The portal disappeared, not leaving any sign that it had been there at all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sakura woke up and found herself on a street.

"Hoe! Where am I? Otou-san? Onii-chan?" Sakura shouted uncertainly. When nobody answered, she started crying.

"What in the world!!! Who's out there! Shut up!" Someone shouted from the house beside her. The shouting only made Sakura cry even louder than before.

"Oh great…who is that?" The person yelled again as she walked out. It was a girl that was about the same age as Sakura. She had long reddish-orange hair and ruby red eyes. She seemed to be really annoyed.

"Huh? Who are you? You're not from this village, are you? And why are you wearing such strange clothes?" The girl bombarded Sakura with all sorts of questions.

"I…I was in the basement when a light came and then I'm here." Sakura replied through tears.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"And my clothes are not strange. Yours is."

"WHAT!? How dare you!"

"Lina! What's the matter?" a girl shouted as she poked her head through the window. Lina seem to freeze suddenly.

"Erm…I found this girl."

"And?"

"She doesn't seem to know where she is."

"Then invite her in. I'll speak to her."

"Alright, big sister." Lina murmured, obviously frightened by the other pink-haired girl. She turned her gaze to Sakura. "Well, what are you waiting for? Come in!"

Sakura followed her timidly into the house.

The girl with short pink hair was waiting there.

"Well, come and take a sit. What's your name?"

"Sakura."

"Okay, Sakura. I'm Luna Inverse and that girl over there is my sister, Lina Inverse. The place you are at now is Zefielia. Do you know where that is?"

"No." Sakura whispered.

"Well then, where did you come from?" Luna asked, trying not to scare the girl.

"Tomoeda. It's in Japan."

"Japan? What the hell is that?" Lina asked. Luna cast her a looked that made her shut up instantly.

"Don't mind her. But what is Japan?"

"It's a country." Sakura replied nervously. Luna was puzzled at the answer since she never heard of anywhere called Japan. Then, a sudden thought struck her.

"Do you know of any other countries?"

Sakura frowned, as if in deep thought.

"There is China, America…"

"Okay, that's enough. I think I understand now. Can you describe how you got here?"

"I was in the basement when this light appeared and formed a hole and sucked me in."

"What does that mean?" Lina asked, confused.

"You've learnt about the four worlds, right?"

"Yeah."

"I think that Sakura is from another one of those worlds."

"WHAT!!!!???"

~*~*~*~*~ Two Weeks Later ~*~*~*~*~

Sakura had somehow managed to accept the fact that she was not going to get back home any time soon. She and Lina quickly made friends and told each other about their own world. Lina was shocked that the people in Sakura's world don't know about magic and Sakura was shocked that everyone in Lina's world knows about magic.

Unfortunately, Lina found out about Sakura's fear of ghosts. So…

"What! Why do I have to go there?"

"You have to get over your fear of ghosts as there are ghosts all around! And the only way is to make more contact with them!"

"But!"

"Oh, come on!" Lina said as she dragged Sakura towards a haunted house she know about.

So, just like that, she made Sakura get over her fear of ghosts. Luna had insisted on teaching Sakura magic. She said that Sakura had magic in her and also, she had to be prepared just in case she can't go back.

Just like that, five years passed.

~*~*~*~*~ 5 years later ~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, Lina! Don't take all of the chicken! I want some too!" Sakura shouted as she tried to grab the piece of chicken from Lina. The Inverse family seems to have accepted Sakura as part of the family. She grew up under the strong influence of Lina and changed from what she used to be.

"Oh, Sakura, do you want to go and see if we can find anything interesting in the woods?'
"Yeah. Sure."

"Come on then! Race ya!"

"Hey! No fair!"

Lina and Sakura raced each other to the woods. As they ran, they crashed into someone.

"Hey! Watch out!" The girl shouted. Lina and Sakura gaped at her. She had long silvery white hair and her skin was pale, as if drained of all colour. Her eyes are tawny and looked like that of an owl. She noticed the stares and sighed.

"Alright. First, I'm not a ghost or whatever. I'm completely human. And second, please stop staring."

That was how they met Arisa. They found that she was from a different world too, though she couldn't remember which. She had been here ever since she was three and doesn't remember much, unlike Sakura. Ever since, she had been curious about the worlds and started to do some research. She had found ancient books written by powerful magicians and studied them.

Later, with Lina and Sakura's help, she found that there were actually more than just the four worlds ruled over by the Lord of Nightmares. (The Lord of Nightmares is also known as the Golden Demon Lord. He was the dark lord of all dark lords and ruled over the four worlds.) There were more. The whole four worlds and the Sea of Chaos is just one dimension. Sakura came from another dimension, not from one of the four worlds. Unfortunately, she couldn't find any way to go through the dimensions. The three went on adventures together and another five years soon passed.

"Hey! Sakura! Come here! Emergency!" Arisa shouted excitedly.

"What's the matter?"

"Look."

"What? It's just a book…Oh my god."

It was the spell that can open the portal through the dimensions.

"That means that you can go home, Sakura. So can you, Arisa." Lina exclaimed.

"Yeah! Not only that! We can also come back any time to visit!"

"And, at any time we like."

"What do you mean, Arisa?"

"Look below. This book also holds the secret to controlling time."

"Wow. With that, anyone can become the most powerful magician in the world…"

"Yeah. You're right."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Sakura, are you ready?"

"Yes."

"Let's start."

"Alright."

"Powers of both dark and light, grant me your powers and show your might." Sakura chanted. A swirl of energy appeared in the sky.

"The first phase…" Arisa whispered. "And now the second."

"Portal hidden within the unknown realms,

Come forth and heed my commands.

Open to the place we desire,

And by the power of the sun and moon,

Take us back to where we belong!"

The portal appeared, a swirling hole.

"It's done."

"Sakura, Arisa, G…"

"No. No goodbyes. It brings pain. And…we will meet again. Someday."

"Alright then, Arisa."

"No farewells. Sakura, let's go!"

The next thing they know, they were on the hard wooden floor of Sakura's basement.

Sakura looked at Arisa, then at herself. They were back. At the same time Sakura left. And they were five years-olds again.

Author's note: I shortened this chapter as I was tired out. (Try sitting in front of the computer typing for the whole day) Forgive me for any grammar or spelling errors. And if you want to find out more about Lina's world, I suggest that you go to Slayers Universe. It's a very good site and provides a lot of information. But, all you need to know about in this fic so far is that there are four worlds ruled by the Lord of Nightmares and in each, a different Dark Lord is fighting against a force from the side of light. The worlds are all part of the Sea of Chaos. I'm not good at explaining so if you are interested or can't understand but can't find the site, tell me and I'll e-mail you a link.