Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Against All Odds ❯ The Prison ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Against All Odds
Part 2

Tori was led through the corridors of the prison by three prison guards. He was handcuffed and had no idea where the guards were taking him. As he passed the cells, he was horrified by the sights of cruelty that lay before his very eyes. People were being brutalized to the farthest extent as possible. He shuddered at the bloodcurdling screams of the prisoners who were being tortured. Some of them looked as young as fifteen. He had no idea that the prisons in Japan were so cruel. Tori was taken into a room where three other prison guards stood before him. He was scared beyond belief.

'What are they going to do to me?' He thought.

Tori was told to sit down in a chair. He did as he was told.

"So... Tori Avalon, is it?" Addressed one of the prison guards.

"Y-yes, sir," Tori replied frightfully.

"Do you know why you're here?"

"Pretty much, sir."

"You were found burying a certain boy's body, am I right?"

"Yes, sir."

"A boy named Li Showron."

"Yes, sir."

"Do you even know what the penalty is for murder, son?"

"Sir, I protest. I did not kill that boy."

The prison guards derided his protest and the one that spoke to Tori nodded to one of the others. The guard raised his baton and slammed it down hard on Tori's back. Tori let out a yelp of pain. The guards laughed as Tori winced from the pain.

"Let me tell you something, son. We don't take kindly to murderers. Especially to murderers who lie. You will respect our authority, one way or another. You understand?"

"Loud and clear," Tori replied scornfully.

"Good."

"But I'm no murderer."

"Listen, sonny. You better watch your tounge, or you may just lose it," The guard threatened. "Take him away."

The three prison guards from earlier seized Tori and roughly dragged him out the door and through the corridors. There, Tori once again saw the torment the prisoners went through.

'Please, God. Please help me.' Tori begged.

Tori was brought to a small room with broken mirrors. The handcuffs were released from his wrists. One of the guards handed Tori a prisoner's uniform and ordered him to put it on. Tori was hesitant at first, but a swat on the back with a baton quickly changed his mind. Tori reluctantly put the uniform on while his other clothes were taken from him. The cuffs were then again placed tightly on his wrists and Tori was dragged away once again. He was then brought to a cell where the guards released the cuffs from his wrists, opened the cell door and roughly shoved him in.

"We're going to make you wish you were dead," One of the guards sneered. They then locked the cell door and walked away.

Tori peered around his cell. It was filthy with very little space. He had a rusty, steel bed to sleep on and had the most disgusting toilet he had ever laid eyes on. Tori then lay on his cold, rusty bed and for the first time in many years, cried...

[Tori's dream]

"Tori..." An image appeared before Tori's eyes...

"Mom...?"

"Don't worry, Tori... everything's going to be alright..." The image then began to fade away...

"No! Wait! Don't leave me! Mother!"

[End of dream]

"No! Don't Leave me!" Tori was being dragged through his sleep by the prison guards in the middle of the night.

"Shut up!" One of the prison guards shouted. He whacked Tori on the head with his fist. Tori woke up.

"What the...! Where am I?!" Tori screamed.

The guards gave him no reply. Only another blow to the head. Tori yelped from the pain. They dragged him to a room where three other prison guards stood. They flung him to the middle of the floor.

"Get up!" One of the guards commanded. Tori did not get up. "I said GET UP!" The guard kicked Tori in the rib cage. Tori yelped in pain. The guard then grabbed Tori by the hair and yanked him back up. "Where were you when Li Showron was murdered last night?" The guard whispered in his ear.

"I was working at the aquarium," Tori whimpered.

The guard gave him a severe glare. He then hurled him violently across the floor.

"Get up!" The guard screamed as he approached Tori.

Despite the terrible pain he was in, Tori quickly rose to his feet as to not get kicked in the ribs again.

"Then why were you found burying the boy's body?"

"I... I can't say..."

"Why? Because you KILLED him?!"

"No!"

"Then who did?!"

"I don't know!"

"You know something, boy... now spill it!"

"No!"

The guard then punched Tori in the jaw, sending him flying backward. He then walked up to Tori and yanked him up by the collar of his shirt. "You spill your guts right now or we will, boy!" This was the last straw for Tori.

"Go to Hell!" Tori spat.

His sudden outburst surprised the guard, but not without angering him. The guard took his baton and jammed it into Tori's gut, causing the boy to reject on the floor. The guard then forced Tori to look at him as he talked...

"Not before you... murderer!" He then violently hurled Tori to the floor. "Take that despicable boy back to his cell!" He commanded the other guards.

The guards dragged the severely beaten boy back to his cell, tossed him in and locked the door. They walked away leaving Tori helplessly lying on the cell floor. He passed out.

[Tori's dream]

Tori was walking through a field... it was dawn... the sky was beautiful... the air was absolutely wonderful and pleasing... then... all of a sudden... it went all misty...

"Wh-where am I...?" Tori asked.

He saw a figure... it was a person... who had been hanged... Tori approached it... the body had it's back turned... Tori lifted his hand and placed it on the body's shoulder... he stalled for a moment, but then proceeded... he turned the body around to see... himself! He was the one who had been hanged! Tori let out a terrifying scream...

[End of dream]

Tori gasped as he woke up, finding himself on the floor of his cell. He sighed. "It was just a dream..." But was it really?

Just then, the prison guards where dragging a man who looked to be around his early twenties through the corridors. The man was struggling desperately.

"I swear! I didn't do it!" The man screamed.

"Shut up, Shiro! Everyone knows you did it and everyone's going to be happy when you swing for it! Now move!" One of the guards shouted.

'Swing for it? They're not going to kill me are they?' Tori thought worriedly. He then thought about his dream. 'Oh no...'

To be continued...