Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Powers Long Forgotten ❯ Alone ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's note: Hi there, readers! Nice to meet you all. This is my first fic (and I mean the first fic I've ever wrote in my entire life) so forgive me if it's not very nice. I'll try to improve. Please r and r. Oh yah! And don't kill me first when you finish reading this chapter. There will be explanations later.

Key:

*****= flashback.

Ancient Magic Long Forgotten

Chapter 1: Alone

She sat there silently, not moving. One painful memory after another came back to her. Memories of death and betrayal. She had woken up from nightmares, in which the scenes from the past unfolded before her, surprisingly clear, as if playing a recording of what had happened.

'Recordings…Tomoyo used to like filming me…' the sudden thought sprang out of nowhere. But a voice from the back of her mind added, 'not anymore, though, not anymore.'

Tomoyo, the least likely person to hurt her, her best friend. She had merely gone on a trip with her mother, but it later led to migration. The memory lingered, clear and sharp, every single detail fresh in her mind.

*********************************

"I'm sorry, Sakura-chan, but my mother likes America and wants to stay there."

"It's alright. We can still phone each other and write letters." Sakura said, forcing a smile.

"Of course. And I'll come back for visits."

'Calling for passengers on flight955. Please board the plane.'

"I have to go now. Goodbye, Sakura. I'll phone as soon as I settles down."

"Alright. Bye, Tomoyo."

*********************************

'She never did call. Nor did she return. She made a promise, and broke it. Just like the others. Seems like it's true. Promises are meant to be broken.' Sakura thought bitterly.

Chiharu, Naoko, Rika and the others have all went their own ways, leaving her by herself. Yet, she doesn't blame them. She can't blame them. Their life belongs to them, not her. She can only forgive and forget.

But one person, she can never forgive, nor forget. Who had hurt her in more than one way. Who had took away everything that had meant anything to her. Who had killed her heart.

Li Syaoran.

He had promised to protect her, to do anything for her. Yet, he had done the exact opposite. He killed her father, her brother. He ruined her life. He even tried to kill her. All for the cards. All for the clan. He lied to her, about everything, and she believed him, even loved him. She had been a fool. Yet, even after his sword pierced through her, she did not die. A spell long forgotten, hidden deep within the unknown realms, had let her live.

Grieve had followed. She had shed tears for him. Then the realization that she was all alone. Alone, with no one there for her. All gone. Nothing more in her life. Everybody was gone. Not there anymore. They had left her alone. Sorrow had turned to anger, which in turn led to hatred. Hatred for the Li clan. They had caused it all. Because of them, she is now all alone. Especially Li Syaoran.

Revenge. The word came into her mind, which gladly accepted it. She wants revenge. And she will have it. With the help of the ancient powers long forgotten.

Author's note: Okay okay! Don't kill me yet! I promised it would be S+S later. I'll also explain about Tomoyo. The stuff about ancient powers and spells will be explained later I the story. Please Review so I know if you want me to continue.