Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Powers Long Forgotten ❯ Creatures Half-Forgotten ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's note: Okay, here's the next chapter! I've never thought that I'll get such good reviews. Thank you so much, everyone! I got the idea for this chapter from some books I've read (A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many waters and the Forgotten Beasts of Eld). Please R and R. Oh, and I have to put up something I've forgotten. The disclaimer…

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS or any of the stuff (characters, ideas and whatever) from the books. CCS belongs to CLAMP, 'A Swiftly Tilting Planet' and 'Many waters' belong to Madeleine L'Engle and 'the Forgotten Beasts of Eld' belongs to Patricia A. Killip.

Key:

" … " = Speech

'…' = Thought

~*~*~*= Scene change

Ancient Powers Long Forgotten

Chapter 2: Creatures Half-forgotten

Sakura walked down the dark alley. She had been looking for a suitable place to cast her magic, and so far, there is none.

'I will have to create one, then, in another dimension.'

She had found a spell that could do that, a spell from the book she had found. It was the one that had revealed the secrets of the ancient magic to her. The one that had held the secret to life and immortality.

Its discovery had been unintentional. Her father had found it on an archaeology dig and brought it back, saying that it was written in an unknown language. At least, unknown to them. She had taken the book and, with the help of the cards, deciphered it.

She found that it was written in the words of the ancient tongue, from times where the people sing with the stars the ancient harmony, unpolluted by thoughts of anger, hatred and death. Times where the seraphim, the cherubim and other wondrous creatures, now legends, roam the earth freely. The book was written at good will, but, over the centuries, had been used for evil as well.

Sakura started to chant a spell that she had memorized by heart, just like she had memorized the rest of the book, though she never knew she would make use of it. A portal appeared in front of her, swirling,. She stepped in to a world of emptiness. A newly created dimension, waiting to be filled. This will be her new home.

She had planned it all out. She knew where to start. She had to get help before her revenge take place. She sat down, her mind reached towards the farthest ends of earth, calling for names half-forgotten. She sent the call to every corner, searching for the creatures that had been lost for centuries.

She sat there for a long time, waiting, calling. It was then something came through the portal, swift as a flash of light, and landed on Sakura's shoulders, clenching it tight. A voice spoke into her mind, firm and commanding.

'You called for me.'

'Yes. And I hold your name. You are Ter the falcon, who had killed the seven murderers of the wizard Aer.'

Ter's piercing blue eyes looked sharply into Sakura's emerald ones. The grip of his claws loosened as he obeyed her commands.

It was the same with the others. Each answered to the call and came.

The Lyon Gules, with it's fur a glistening gold. The black cat Moriah, who knew of every spell that existed in the world. Cyrin the boar, keeper of riddles. The dragon Gyld, who had taken the gold of all the people that passed his cave. Last of all, the Rammolb, the Blammor, it's body a shadow, with eyes a shining silver.

The calling done, Sakura sat down to rest.

"It is ironic how you can get tired even when you won't die." Sakura said softly.

"You may not die but you still have a life."

Sakura was surprised to hear something speak, and looked down to see that it was Cyrin.

"I forgot… you were the only one who remembered how to speak."

"All of us once do but as the time pass, some tend to forget how."

"I know that."

Ter' s thoughts entered Sakura's mind.

'Powerful child of Clow, What is your purpose of calling us?'

'You know about Clow?'

'Indeed, I do. Aer had talked about him.'

'Well, you shall know my purpose soon. And I am not Clow's child.'

'In a way, you are.' Came Cyrin's thought.

'In another way, I'm not.'

'Revenge. Is that your reason?' Moriah asked.

'How did you…'

'I have known humans for a long time. I know of a spell that will dissolve a man until only the gold in his pockets are left.'

'No. That will be letting him of too easily. I want him to suffer what I had suffered. I want him to fell the pain of losing everything.'

'If you insist.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A young man stood on the balcony, staring into the distance, a sad look on his face. A girl walked in and joined him.

"Syaoran, the elders… are you thinking about her again?"

"Huh? Meiling! What did you say?"

"The elders want to see you."

"Tell them I'm coming."

"Alright."

Meiling walked out, leaving him alone again.

"Sakura…"

Author's note: This chapter is finished! Know it's short. I'll try to make future chapters longer. Oh, and in case you don't understand, Sakura communicate with the creatures by thought. And I have a problem. Should I make this story S+S or not!? Some readers said that I shouldn't, others said I should. What do I do!? Readers, please tell me what you want. You can either tell me in your reviews or email me. My email is sakura_sama@hotmail.com. Whichever way, please Review!