Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Powers Long Forgotten ❯ Regrets ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's note: First things first. Don't ask me why I named this chapter Regrets. I have no idea either. Second, I think there is a very high possibility this is going to be a S+S fic. But I've decided to wait till weekends to decide just in case some people can't use the computers on weekdays. (like me during school days) That's all. R and R!

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS, CLAMP does and Patricia A.Killip owns the Forgotten Beasts of Eld.

Key:

'…' = Thoughts

"…" = Speech

~*~*~* = Scene change

Ancient Powers Long Forgotten

Chapter 4: Regrets

"Xiaolang, I need to talk to you."

"What's the matter now?"

"Some of the members of the clan have disappeared."

"Are you sure they haven't gone on a vacation or something?"

"I'm sure. And it's the same person as last time."

"What! Again!? Do you have any idea who he is?"

"I'm afraid not."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

'Is that good enough?'

'Of course, Gules, well done. I knew I could count on your luring skills. No one sees a lion with glistening gold fur and don't go after it. Plus, you have the ability to put them into the sub-conscious state where they can see but can't think. Where are they now?'

'Lost somewhere on the bank of the Amazon River. Probably picked up by some tribes by now.'

'No matter how powerful the Li clan is, they are still helpless before the ancient powers. Now, just one last step and I'll be ready.'

Sakura smiled. She would love to see the look on Li Syaoran's face when he found out it was she who did everything. Now, she'll just have to master the other more powerful spells and she will be ready.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Li Xiaolang, if this carries on, our clan will be destroyed. As the leader, you should take actions immediately instead of loitering around!" the elders shouted at him for about the tenth time that day.

'Sure, whatever. How do you expect me to beat an enemy that doesn't even show himself or give any clue to his identity?' he thought, but didn't say that out loud.

"Yes, I'll try my best."

That was his life. Attending clan meeting everyday and have the elders complain about everything he did. They had an explanation for everything, and each time, it's the same. You are the leader so you have to take the responsibility. He was sick and tired of hearing it. He was sick and tired of the clan. Anyway, it was their fault that he lost Sakura.

Sakura, it hurts him to hear that name. Even after all this years, his feelings for her haven't changed. He had been a coward. If he had stood up against the clan, then perhaps Sakura would still be alive. But no, he had not. He had been taken over by his fears, of losing the clan, his family, and everything he worked so hard for. It was that fear that had made him kill her.

He still remembered the scene, even though he tried to forget it. After he pulled the sword out of her, she fell. She laid there on the ground, tears running down her cheek. Softly, weakly, she had asked him.

"Doshite, Syaoran-kun, Doshite?"

That was her last words before she died. And he didn't answer her. He was a fool.

He rested his head on his hands, not bothering to hear the elders giving him yet another lecture on how important his responsibilities are. He wanted to shout for them to shut up, to leave him alone, but he knew it wouldn't do him any good. Sakura had been dead for a long time. She can't come back to life. All he can do now is try to forget about her and mind to the clan.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

'Ah, do you have a new job for us?'

'Yes, Ter. Go. Kill off anyone you see who is from the Li clan. But leave Li Syaoran to me. Moriah, I may have use of some spells you know. Gules, Gyld, go with Ter.' She paused. 'Blammor…'

A dark blur appeared in front of her.

'Is there anything you want from me?'

'Indeed, I do.'

'How.'

'You feed on the fear of living creatures.'

'Yes. I kill them with their own fear, though I can do it through other ways too.'

'Go and kill one of the elders, whichever you want. Just make it as dramatic as possible.'

'As you wish.'

The Blammor went away, and Cyrin went forward.

'Ah, you are getting cruel.'

'Does that matter to you.'

'No.'

'Then why did you ask?'

'The giant Grof was hit in one eye by a stone. That eye turned inwards to look into his mind, and he died of what he saw inside.'

'If that is a riddle, then I can't solve it.'

'You shall find the answer.'

'How?'

'You shall know.'

Author's note: So Syaoran still like Sakura. The first sign. But do Sakura still like Syaoran? Read to find out! And I desperately need your vote to help me decide if it should be S+S in the end. Just review and tell me.