Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ And I Fell in Love With You All Over Again ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

And I Fell In Love With You All Over Again

By Kara

Disclaimer: I do not own CCS!!!!

Uhm, sorry it took so much time to get this chapter up… To answer your question, Sakura can't remember Syaoran or a whole lot of Eriol because she erased her memory of Syaoran when he went away… It's in the beginning…

Tomoyo smiled at me. She eyed me carefully and her eyes looked down on me, impishly. Her eyes had a tiny starry twinkle… that became larger and larger…

I knew the exact words running through her head. And it would be said in three… two… one…

"KAWAII!!!!!" she exclaimed.

Tomoyo was fitting me in different gowns for the ball.

I wore a slender fluffy pink dress with thousands and thousands of frills-so many that you could get lost in them! I thought it was ridiculous. It really made me look like one of those Victorian dolls, or those proper English girls daintily stepping out of carriages. Something restrained me from saying it at the moment.

"Tomoyo, please… Can we just get a dress decided? Other than this?"

"Oh no!!!!! My sweet little Sakura doesn't like modeling my dresses anymore," Tomoyo half-pouted.

"Oh no!!!!!" I shouted sympathetically, "I like them… But I don't feel comfortable wearing something making me look like a Victorian doll…" I said what I felt.

'Well, that is the point…' thought a cool voice in my mind. I could see a descriptive precise picture of the man with the dark messy hair and cool eyes.

That would be the perfect voice for him, half of me thought. But the other half thought, where did the voice come from?

I was doubting myself… again.

"I'm getting hungry, Tomoyo… Why don't we get something to eat?" I suggested, dying for some plain clothes and time to think.

Tomoyo nodded patiently, and I took off the dress, into khaki pants and a plain blouse.

We walked to a small café down the corner.

I liked this café. It was quiet and small, with fresh aromas of baking bread. I selected a tuna salad sandwich, juice, a cookie, and a cupcake for Kero. I ate quietly, not really wanting to eat it all.

"Wow, you're eating a lot…" Tomoyo said quietly.

"I'm really hungry…" I said.

That was partly true. I was really hungry… But not for food… For the truth… the key unlocking my forbidden past.

I ate slowly. But it seemed like just five minutes and we were gone.

I slumped onto the couch, tired with exhaustion of the mind.

"Kero?" I called softly.

Kero came racing out shouting, "Do I smell cupcakes?"

I giggled. Kero had an ultra-sensitive nose. I gave him the cupcake, and Kero quickly gobbled the cupcake.

I tried on a new dress, and I liked it.

It was made of some material I could not identify, but it stretched across my chest. The collar was loose, but the sleeves tight. It was stretchy, and ended at the waist, continued by a light material that was loose and broad.

"I like it… Now what is this for?" I asked.

I waited for the answer, but Tomoyo only grinned and said, "Wait and see… Just try one more dress, and I'll tell."

Tomoyo drove a hard-bargain.

I sighed. It felt like I was being the little doll to dress.

I decided that the blue-black velvet and dark midnight blue sash dress would be fine. And tomorrow night is the ball. Can you believe it?

I have a feeling that I can finally find my missing pieces once I see him. This Syaoran… Just seems so hazy in my past.

I watched the sun go down, in a dark purple-blue color with a pastel orange and a dreamy dash of pink across the sky.

I had decided that I had to enchant this person with all my grace… hopefully…

I know I've grown serious, once I saw that face at the fashion show. I still don't remember. Maybe I got amnesia? No… I didn't. It was like my past had been erased…

Sleep came easily. And soon, I was falling into deep dark sleep…

I had a dream, but to me, it was merely meaningless.

A boy with messy chestnut brown hair and amber cool eyes looked up. He looked kind of sad, and he held out a gift.

The girl had light brown hair and green eyes. She turned away, half-crying.

It was in a big place, with people bustling around in a blur… but all I could see was Syaoran and Sakura… Hey, wait! Where did I find those names? I'm sure it's not their names…

I could catch the words mumbled, "Aishteru… love…"

And then she took something like a card, and a key. The key turned into a staff, and she hit the card with it.

A flash of light covered the area, as the boy yelled something… "NO!!!!!"

And then, I could here Kero waking me up… It is morning.

It was a long day. I just roamed around with no destination, and tried to figure out the dream… the dream I cannot remember…

Soon, evening came.

I quickly dressed in the slender velvet gown and pushed my hair into a half ponytail, with long glossy curls.

The carriage awaits!!! No, not seriously, but a limo does wait.

I was uptight, and I shivered. What if I didn't find my missing pieces? No, don't think about it that way.

"Tomoyo, who is this future Li clan leader?" I finally asked.

"Aaahh… He is a tough martial arts fighter… They say he is often too serious, but we shall find out…"

I smiled kindly towards Tomoyo and looked out the window.

We arrived at a large building, with many steps. It looked rather ancient to me, but did that matter? No… not really.

I knew my answers, but I didn't know my past. That was something that appealed funny to me. I just thought.

We were led to a massive room, with many tables off to the side and a big dance floor in the center. It had glossy cornflower blue tiles and magnificent curtains of red silk.

The room was lit by a few dainty lights and the enchanting swift music cooled me.

I knew one thing. The Li clan held a respect.

I sat on a chair, when a gentleman came to me.

He looked familiar in his slick suit and hair gelled down.

And then I locked my eyes with his. He had liquid cool eyes, filled with generosity and kindness. He looked familiar, with his eyes… but…

I realized right away that he was the man who I saw in the audience. I would only be able to ask, ask whom he was and if he knew me. But if I did, he'd think me very strange.

So I gave a polite elegant gesture, and a tranquil smile.

"I am Kinomoto Sakura. You may call me Ying Fa if you prefer Chinese…"

I spoke in perfect etiquette. There was no flaw, since Tomoyo was the one who taught me.

"And I am Xiao-Lang… Li Xiao-Lang."

"The future Li clan leader?" I asked in surprise.

He nodded and I sipped my hot Chinese tea.

I love hot Chinese tea. It's always been my favourite.

He asked me to dance. It seemed to me he was intrigued by me. But I was the one who was more charmed and enchanted.

He was so mysterious, and tall and knowing. He was that kind of person. The tall, dark, and handsome hero of a mystery story… So mysterious and unobvious…

"So, I hear you will be married off before becoming the Li-clan leader?" I assumed.

Xiao-Lang nodded.

"What does Xiao-Lang stand for?" I asked.

"Little Wolf… I believe 'sakura' is cherry blossom?"

I nodded. He looked unfamiliar, still. He was a piece to my past, but where did he fit in my puzzle? Just where???? Where?

That was something to answer.

"I know you…" Xiao-Lang said suddenly.

"HOE? What do you mean?"

"I simply mean what I mean…"

Xiao-Lang confused me. I gave him a strange look. I knew he was feeling uncomfortable.

"Uh, Ying Fa… I longed to see you again…" he said, in a pleading voice.

"Hoe?" I asked.

He was strange. I never saw him before. Or have I???

"Oh, of course. I still remember that fateful day… when you made it all go away…"

"Are you okay?" I asked. Maybe he was delirious.

"I'm fine…" he told me. Personally, I thought he looked flushed.

I placed my hand on his forehead suspiciously, but he didn't have a fever.

"Never mind…" he mumbled.

I had no idea about what he had said to me. He didn't make sense. If he weren't the Li-clan leader… I probably would have said he had gone crazy.

I nodded. He was strange.

But my missing past! I must ask him. No… He wouldn't tell me straight. Especially since he is strange.

But what if he knew? What if I were making a mistake?

I quickly shook my head, mentally pushing my problems away… far away…

"So, is Syaoran nice?" Tomoyo asked me.

I could feel a faint blush creep up my cheeks. It wasn't because that he was somebody that I liked… because the name she mentioned softened a part of my heart untouched for years… But who was Syaoran?

I remembered myself thinking Sakura and Syaoran… That's where Syaoran fit… In my dreams… But then was that me, Sakura? Or a different Sakura?

"Xiao-Lang was very… unique…" I finally answered.

It was the truth. But not the whole truth.

"Who's Syaoran?" I asked.

"Syaoran? Oh, he's just an old friend… Syaoran looks a lot like Xiao-Lang…" Tomoyo began nervously.

I sighed. It had only been a slip of tongue. Something done easily.

For a second there, I thought Tomoyo was hiding something from me… but, I'm not exactly sure. It's hard to tell.

Oh, come on Kinomoto, my mind teased. I'm doing the best I can… I'm not a detective… Well, I'm going to be playing one in the movie…

Well, the movie we're going to shoot is called "Hidden Away"… It's about a girl who finds herself in a weird position. She doesn't really know who she is and stuff. All she knows is that she is named Koko, and was found wandering the beaches when she was twelve. In her hand, she carried a note saying some things about her.

And then, Koko starts remembering bits and pieces when she becomes a lovely writer and painter. Koko is led to a mystery that she needs to solve. I don't remember the rest.

I play Koko… But I think I can relate. I think I'm half-missing… I just don't remember. Maybe I will, someday… When I'm older…

Just maybe… Just hopefully…

I watched the stars twinkling in the dark night. Who am I supposed to be? Who? Just who? Maybe I'll find out…

But I must know now…

I glanced at Xiao-Lang, and a frightful memory came…

It was a spring day, with sakura blossoms falling… gently… slowly… Then, that same boy from the same dream came up to the girl.

He was talking to her, and whispering in the early morning.

But about what? I didn't know…

The girl smiled and acted out a few things, holding a script in hand…

The smile faded, and the girl kissed him. And then…

I didn't watch. I shut my eyes, trying to remember anything… Maybe I got it all wrong… I was in a whirlwind, making me dizzy to death. I was perhaps walking near death.

Yes, I want to be dead… No, I don't… I truly don't. I only want to see the truth… know myself, and find me.

But how? How? How?

"Sakura…" Tomoyo gently whispered.

I looked up and nodded expectantly. I saw Tomoyo, smiling down on me… gently, but looking… somehow different.

"I've got a new costume… for you to wear when you capture your cards…"

I gasped when I realized it was a younger Tomoyo.

"Another, Daidouji?"

I heard a cold sarcastic voice. I looked up to see that boy.

I shook my thoughts away, and found myself staring once again at the stars.

It was all a memory! But that boy must be important, or else I wouldn't remember him so much.

I must find that boy… at all costs… But who was he? That's what I needed to know.

I'll find out… I must find out, for the sake of myself…

The ball ended quickly, as far as I knew. I was tired, not from the ball, but from something else, tugging at me… something bothering me…

I slept deeply, so deeply it almost felt like for an eternity.

It was dark when I woke up from a strange dream. The dream rang in my mind.

I had been walking down everything white. Actually, it had been nothingness. It had been nothing. I kept walking down, and voices rang down.

"Syaoran!!! You're my number one!" a young sweet sad voice rang…

"Kinomoto!" a cold voice had sneered.

I shivered, and threw the curtains open.

It was still dark out, with a faint light coming across the horizon.

What time is it? was all my mind could think.

I changed into some plain clothes, as I thought carefully.

How would I find my past? Could I ask? Or did my past just disappear forever?

I didn't have much opportunity to ask, because before I knew it, I had fallen asleep again… but this time, it was dreamless at least.

That was good. The dreams weren't anything from a horror movie, but what they were trying to tell me were… something from a mystery…

Since I wrote an extra long chapter, please, could you review? ^.^

~Kara