Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Battle Royale ❯ Day Two ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

BattleRoyale

By Charles Xavier

"It's time we started our own struggle." Mimura

Day Two

Dear Diary,

Oh…God…this can't be happening to me. I just can't take this madness anymore. Everywhere I look I'm beginning to see dead people, staring mindlessly into my eyes, like some godforsaken zombie. Everyone I know is dying…YES, DYING FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

It's been the second day of the BR, and Yukito and Meiling are already dead, along with the other majority of my friends. (This is crazy, that's all I can say, crazy as some damn kid's circus).This means only Tomoyo, Eriol and myself are the only survivors of our group now…who's going to be next I wonder…but should I care?

This morning, I shouldn't have let Yukito transform into Yue before he died. He thought he could avoid the sensei and the soldiers by flying off the island and get help from outside…but no, it didn't work. By the minute we saw him reach for the clouds, a soldier's voice reported him trying to escape. Our sensei activated the ring on his neck, and it went off. Blood rained in my face as the fallen angel came crashing down into a dirty puddle of mud nearby. I didn't bother shouting this time, because I hadn't the energy to do it. Guess I used most of it up from yesterday, after witnessing Syaoran, Nakuru and Touya die.

After having a brief lunch, we marched up a high hill and found the bodies of Rika and Naoko…both had bled to death. They had died from bullet wounds in their stomachs. Rika had a Desert Eagle gun in her bloody fingers, while Naoko held a double barreled shotgun in hers. "They killed each other…" was what Eriol said as he examined the bodies. I can't think of Naoko and Rika ever doing that, but I know why they have. It's because they wanted to stay alive.

Meiling kicked a stone down the hill with shear force, and cried out in rage: "COME ON! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! WE'RE RIGHT HERE, YOU BASTARDS! JUST END THIS FUCKING GAME!"

Eriol covered her mouth and pulled her down to the ground immediately. Was Meiling losing her mind, just like the others? I wasn't sure. None of us except Eriol actually had a proper weapon. Meiling and Tomoyo were unarmed, and as for me, I held only a machete. (Hey, it's better than nothing). I knew I had to protect my friends for as long as possible, right until the time we had to kill each other off…I don't know if I'm ready for that though.

Meiling was still angry with this situation. She shook herself out of Eriol's grip and snatched the machete out of my trembling fingers. For a second I had thought she'd finally flipped her lip and wanted to kill us, but luckily that wasn't so. She shoved me aside and started running back down the hill from where we climbed up from. Tomoyo shouted her name and asked her to come back. But Eriol grabbed her shoulder and shook his head…he thought it best to let her go.

"Leave her. This is something she must do herself. If we get in her way, we could be killed." Eriol said to us. I asked him why she ran away, and he said that Meiling was after Kiriyama…

In the evening we heard a loud cry that frightened Tomoyo and myself…and we knew straight away that it was Meiling. Nobody could ever pull something like that except her. And in our sensei's night report, he mentioned her name.

This is the second night I've been in this damn cave. It never gets any warmer in here, and it's not funny. I see Tomoyo crying like she did yesterday and the day before, with Eriol soothing her quietly…huh. Come to think of it, I've never actually seen Eriol acting like this over Tomoyo before. Tomoyo had often been the one taking care of us whenever we were in trouble. But when this whole game started, she's…changed.

Eriol hasn't changed at all though. He's still the same boy I knew from our school days. In fact, he told Tomoyo and I about everything he knew of the BR system, and guess what? This isn't the first time he's played this game…

Sakura Kinomoto

Author's Note: Yes, I understand this is was a little rushed. I had to attend my sister's party last night, and I'm not in the greatest moods right now. But anywho, please review! ^_^