Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cardcaptors: Clow Reed's Mistake ❯ Cardcaptors: The Coming of the Storm-Ch.13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
By Maurynna
Author's Note: Ok, here we go! I just want to thank all of you kind reviewers!! You've all been so nice! Especially in your reviews for the last chapter!! So insistent! Well,.....at least I know I'm doing a good job! *_^ And I even drew a few more readers into my midst!! Yay for me! Everybody be happy for me.....0.o;;
Anyways, on to things that you really need, or want, to know. Since you've caught me in an exceptionally good mood ^____^, I've decided to answer your questions! Yes! Even the ones that have to do with ~*future*~(very important *_^) chapters! Well, ^_^;; I'll answer them as much as I choose to. Don't want to give too much away now do I? ^_^
Ok, first off, in response to Akuma Shinzuka's review, your first question will be answered a few paragraphs down because what I have to say in relation to the whole Rage, Sakura, Li thing will concern everyone, trust me! and you'll see why in a minute. As to your question about a death scene, well, I've already got such a scene worked out in my head, but(evil grin), I'm not going to tell you whether it's fake or not, who dies, or when it happens. ^_^ Sorry!
For Celestial's review, well, I'm not really sure how long this is going to be! I mean, Sakura still has eleven more cards to capture! and I haven't even introduced them all yet. So, there might be a lot of chapters! ^_^ And, as I said, the S+S thing will be looked at in a minute.....
And Shevey, ^________^ I love you!! I'm sorry, I don't mean any offense, and I'm not mocking you, well, maybe just a little in a good fashioned sort of way ^_*, but, I can safely say, your guess was waaaaay of the mark. ^_^ Thanks for guessing though! I really mean that, you're the only one who did, so far! (glares at everyone else) Thanks again!
Ok, now, the big thing I'm sure everyone's been wondering about, if your reviews are anything to go by,...........Will Rage get Sakura? Or will Li? Well, frankly, at first, I was going to make it S+S, no doubt. But now, I don't know, I really like what I've done with Rage. I figure, though, if I didn't make this S+S, some people would be seriously angry with me,
So here's the deal,
You decide what happens. ^_^ Aren't I nice? And this is very important!! I don't want to disappoint you, and frankly, I really wouldn't mind going either way. So write your answer in your review, because I need to know! before this progresses any further and I limit my choices!
Speaking of which you have three, choices, that is,
a) Rage gets Sakura
b) Li gets Sakura
0r c) no one gets Sakura, which would probably be the simplest of all three options for me ^_^;;
So pick one of the three and only one of the three. If you decide to put another pairing, that's fine, but it probably won't be put into the story. So please, it won't kill you to pick(and be sincere!) it will certainly help me!
All right, sorry to have put you through all of that torture, and without further ado, here is the fic.....
Disclaimer: I do not own Cardcaptors or anything in relation to it. I am not getting paid for this in any way so please do not sue me.
Cardcaptors: The Coming of the Storm-Ch.13
Sakura picked up the phone and dialed Madison's number,
The phone rang once, twice,
"Hello?"
"Madison, it's me, Sakura."
Madison rolled her eyes, "I know it's you, Sakura," she said, exasperated. She would be able to identify Sakura's voice under any circumstances.
Sakura shook her head, exasperated as well, "Glad to see you're back to your witty self again," Sakura said dryly, "You might want to get dressed and grab a cam corder quick," Sakura advised, "and meet me at the King Penguin slide as soon as possible."
Madison's brow furrowed slightly. What was going on? "Why?"
Sakura shrugged. "I just thought you might like to catch what could be my last battle on film," she informed her calmly.
Madison's eyes widened. "What!?" she demanded, completely thrown off stride.
Sakura sat down on her bed and idly twirled the phone cord around her fingers. "Well, you remember when Rage gave me those three days to rest up a bit? Those three days are over and I'm going to go fight him now."
Madison's eyes just kept getting rounder and rounder, "What!?" she finally shrieked into the phone, again. "You can't be serious!! I don't know that much about Rage, and I've only seen him once, but I don't think it's such a great idea to be going out and....." Madison paused in her ranting as something occurred to her, "You don't sound worried. You aren't worried. Why aren't you worried?" she asked in quick succession.
Sakura shrugged. "Don't get me wrong, I am nervous. I don't exactly know what's going to happen, but I feel pretty sure that Rage won't kill me." pretty sure....
Kero rolled his eyes.
"And how can you be so sure? The last time I checked, you were enemies! Did something happen while I was sick?!"
Sakura stared out of her bedroom window, watching the breeze play softly with the branches of the trees. "I, just have this feeling, that's all." she said quietly, wondering if Madison would react the same way that Li or Kero had.
After a few tense seconds, Madison shrugged on the other end of the line. She frantically began throwing clothes on and getting her cam corder ready, "Whatever you say, Sakura. I trust your instincts better than mine. But I still think this isn't such a good idea. Just be sure you're sure," she cautioned.
Sakura sighed, greatly relieved. Madison always had such faith in her. "Thanks, Madison. I'll meet you in the park soon."
"See you then."
Sakura hung up the phone. Kero shook his head sadly, "I still don't think you should be doing this," he told her again, the fifteenth time that morning.
Sakura grabbed her Clow cards, and then Kero, and headed for the stairs. "Relax, Kero. Everything will work out just fine." at least, she hoped it would. Even though she thought what she sensed about Rage was the truth, things are never sure.
~
Sakura sat, waiting patiently by the King Penguin slide, for Madison. Kero was sitting nearby, tapping his foot against the bench they were sitting on, trying to hide his anxiety.
After a little while, he looked up at Sakura, "Why couldn't you have done this later?" more a rhetorical question then anything else. "Why not just avoid the Rage card entirely?" this was directed at Sakura.
Sakura rolled her eyes, having heard this already, "Because Kero, even if I avoid him, he'd probably come looking for me. And besides, I don't think I could avoid him completely, he'd know where I was as soon as I battled another card." she sighed. "Besides, I want this over with quickly. I need to know." she said fervently, something only she understood the meaning of.
Kero's breath whooshed out of him. "If only the Rage card had appeared later, after the Four Brothers were captured."
Sakura tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean? Four Brothers?" she inquired. This was all new to her.
Kero nodded. "Do you remember what happened after you captured the final element card, Earth?" Kero asked.
Sakura nodded. How could she not? That had been a great accomplishment for her, capturing the last Clow card. And there was no way she would ever forget the Final Judgement that had come afterwards.
"Well, after you sealed Earth, I was able to regain the last of my magic and transform back into my true form." Sakura nodded to convey that she was still with him. "After the Final Judgement was over, I transformed back into my false form and my magic was resealed since it had served it's purpose. But now that the new cards have escaped, my magic was reborn in the Four Brothers like it was with the Element cards. For me to transform back into my true form, you need to reseal the Four Brothers. That is why I said I had hoped Rage would have waited until later to appear, after you captured the Four Brothers, so that I could transform and be prepared to better help you fight him."
"So that's what you meant when you spoke with Disease. When you said you'd get him when you transformed , but that you couldn't yet. I was wondering at that but hadn't gotten the chance to ask you about it because things had rapidly spun out of control after that," meaning the argument over Rage, "but it makes sense now." Sakura paused, her face scrunching up as she thought. "But, who are the Four Brothers? Which cards are they?"
Kero leaned back, resting his arms behind his head. "Well, as individuals go, they are formidable as one. But, together," Kero trailed off, "Have you ever heard of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?"
Sakura's eyes widened. "Yeah, but, those are just myth."
Kero shook his head. "Not myth. The Four Horsemen were not created by someone with a fanciful imagination, no, they are very real. Together, they created such havoc that their reputations were known worldwide." Kero looked up solemnly. "As to who they are, well, you've captured one so far,"
"The Four Brothers are the Disease card, the Famine card, the War card, and the Death card."
"That's not too reassuring," Sakura muttered under her breath. She brightened a bit though, "But, I've already captured the Disease card, I've reduced their strength by one. So, that's good, right?"
Kero shrugged, "It is, but if the other three decide to form an alliance again, we're in big trouble." Kero frowned. "Those are the only cards we have to worry about as far as alliances go at least. None of the other cards would care to forge an alliance due to the fact that they either hate each other too much, or they don't want to share the glory."
"Well, I suppose that's one good thing," Sakura leaned back and tilted her head up, looking into the morning sky, "War, Famine, and Death," she murmured. "A scary combination under any circumstances."
Kero nodded. "You're telling me. I've watched them at work."
The two sat in silence for a while. Finally, Sakura sighed, impatient, and sat up straight. "What's taking Madison so long?"
Suddenly, Sakura heard footsteps coming towards her. She glanced to her left, thinking it was Madison, but all she could see was green foliage. She stood, waiting, Kero at her side.
A few moments later, a person emerged from the forest path, but it wasn't Madison,....
It was Li, in full battle regalia, a sword strapped to his back over his green ceremonial robes, the Lasin Board securely tied to his belt, and his trademark sterness-he really did look more grim than usual-was in place.
"Li," Sakura said, surprised. "What are you doing here?" she really hadn't expected him to show up.
Li scowled. "Did you really think I'd let you do this alone?"
Sakura backed down from the ferocity in his face, but the simple fact that Li was here meant something, didn't it? Maybe, he wasn't quite as angry with her as she had thought. "Does, does that mean that you,.....forgive me?" she asked quietly, naively.
Li had a shuttered look in his eyes. "I came here because I knew I had to protect you from your own foolishness." Sakura frowned, not liking that statement one bit, "I think what you're doing is incredibly stupid. I'm here to make sure you stay alive so that the world has a hope of surviving these Clow cards."
Sakura crossed her arms and gave Li a look, "I'll take that as a 'no.' " she said dryly.
At that moment, Madison came rushing into the park. Her shirt was on backwards, her hair looked like it had been through a hurricane, and a cam corder hung from her wrist by a strap. "Don't start without me!!" she huffed, skidding to a stop in front of the two-and one Guardian Beast-wide-eyed Cardcaptors. "I got here as soon as I could! But I couldn't find a blank tape! The fights not over already, is it?! I would absolutely hate to miss this one!!"
Sakura bit her lip, trying not to laugh, "Um,....no, it hasn't started yet."
Madison blinked. "Well, then what are we waiting for?"
Sakura just stared at her.
Li stepped forward, "How can you approve of this? Shouldn't you be trying to stop her?" he asked angrily.
Madison stepped forward herself. She poked Li in the chest with her index finger, her eyes flashing. Sakura covered her eyes with her hand, not wanting to see who's horns broke first from butting their heads together the way they were. "Of course I don't approve of this! But what am I supposed to do about it? She's not going to listen to me! She's already made up her mind!" abruptly, Madison's eyes filled with tears and her lips started quivering. Before Li quite knew what had happened, Madison had thrown herself at him, arms about his neck and face nuzzled under his chin. Li's gaze darted about in panic, looking like a deer caught in headlights. "If only she would listen to me!" Madison wailed. "I don't know what she's so confident about! Rage could kill her, for Kami's sake!!" Madison pushed away from Li, a fierce scowl on her face. "Well, I'm not going to let that happen!!" she declared, apparently done crying, "And she's got you to protect her. Come on, Sakura! Let's go kick Rage's butt and show him what girl power's all about!" Madison turned on her heel and marched back into the forest, head held high.
Three pairs of eyes followed her but no one moved. Li, who looked decidedly harried, was blinking owlishly, waiting for his world to return back to normal. He looked at Sakura for an explanation, the two were best friends after all.
Sakura shrugged, her eyes filled with amusement but a touch of sadness as well, "Madison tends to get...irrational, when she's worried." Sakura started off after the distraught photographer. "Come on, we'd better find her before she finds Rage."
~
After recovering Madison, who seemed to have calmed down considerably, they called a halt.
"Tell me again how you planned to find the Rage card when you had no idea where to start looking?" Kero inquired.
Madison glared at the teasing Guardian Beast. "Shut-up, I was on a roll." Madison informed him huffily.
Kero snickered, "Yeah, but I don't think that's all you were on."
Madison smacked him.
Sakura rolled her eyes. "Would you two knock it off? I'm trying to concentrate."
Madison remained silent, looking innocent. Kero was picking himself up off of the ground, glaring at her and muttering something Sakura chose to ignore. She closed her eyes and tried to focus. Almost immediately, she got a sense, but within moments, it was gone. Sakura frowned, wondering at the short burst of energy that had quickly vanished. It was either there or it wasn't, right?
Sakura opened her eyes and looked at Li, "Did you sense anything?" she asked.
Li shook his head. "No, why? Did you?"
Sakura glanced about her, "I'm not sure," she whispered. She quickly smiled though when Li and kero gave her funny looks. "No, no, I don't sense anything." at least, not now, she amended.
"So, what do we do now?" Madison asked. "Go home?"
Sakura shook her head. "No way. I came out here for a reason and I'm not leaving that easily." Madison sighed, exasperated. "Well, if we can't sense him, we'll just have to find him the old fashioned way."
"But how? He could be anywhere!" Madison pointed out.
Sakura shook her head, thinking, "No, no, he's here somewhere. We just have to go about this logically." she reasoned.
"And how do you propose we do that?" Li asked, not understanding why Sakura just wouldn't leave.
"Well," Sakura considered. She smiled. "Why don't you try the Lasin Board?" she suggested.
Li grumbled to himself. He hadn't wanted to mention it because he wanted no part in helping Sakura dig her own grave, but since she had suggested it, he couldn't very well say no. "Force, know my plight! Release the light!"
To Li's astonishment, not to mention everyone else's, the Lasin Board....didn't do anything.
"That's impossible," Kero said, not believing his eyes, "There's no way...."
Li stared at the Lasin Board, trying not to panic. His magic had never failed him before. He shook himself, regaining his composure. He put the Lasin Board away and crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, obviously, this just means there isn't a Clow card anywhere near here." he pointed out reasonably.
Sakura shook her head, getting over the shock herself. Even though she would have preferred to believe Li's explanation rather than believe the magic had failed, Sakura knew better, "No, he is here somewhere, and he can't be too far away," the others stared at her. Sakura fidgeted nervously. "Well, think about it, why would he all of a sudden just leave? Especially when he feels he has to fight me?" Sakura's eyebrows drew together, "He's somewhere close, he wants to fight me, and he probably knows I'm looking for him. So where would he be that he'd know I knew to find him?" she asked herself out loud. her eyes widened as a thought struck her, "Of course! It's so simple! Where have I seen him twice? At that secluded little clearing where I first met him!" Sakura exclaimed, sure she had figured it out. She started off in the direction of that clearing.
As she passed Li, however, he reached out and took hold of her wrist. Sakura looked up at him in surprise. "Are you absolutely sure this is where he is?"
Sakura nodded. "There is no where else."
"There is still time to back out of this, to turn around and head back. If the Rage card wants to battle you so badly, let him search you out."
Sakura gently pulled out of Li's grasp. "You don't understand. I have to do this, This will prove something to me once and for all." she began walking again.
Li and Kero both shook their heads and followed after her, Madison trailing behind, turning the cam corder on and recording the beginning of what she knew would be a harrowing battle.
Sakura walked towards her destination without error, having already committed the way to memory, knowing she would be going there again.
There was silence until they were almost there, but a few feet away from her destination, Sakura froze as she suddenly sensed something, the doors in her mind suddenly flung wide open, and what she sensed was not reassuring. She looked at Li and Kero, wide-eyed. "Do you two sense that?"
Li and Kero exchanged glances. Kero shook his head and Li said, "I don't sense anything. Do you?"
Sakura nodded. "I was right, Rage is here, I can feel him now, but, there's something else. Kero, there are two Clow cards in that clearing."
Kero's eyebrows shot up then abruptly came crashing back down. "Two?" he echoed. "Are you sure?"
Sakura nodded. "Oh, yes, there are definitely two of them in there. I thought you said, besides those four, that none of the others would form alliances." she accused.
Kero held up his hands. "Maybe they're fighting?" he suggested.
Sakura narrowed her eyes. "If they were fighting, their energy levels would be spiking. They seem pretty calm to me. Very calm."
Kero glanced past her shoulder then back at her. He shook his head. "I don't know, Sakura." he said helplessly.
Li automatically unsheathed his sword. He knew the Rage card couldn't be trusted.
Sakura took out the Key of Clow uncertainly. She really didn't think Rage would be so conniving as to bring in someone to help him fight against her. It just wasn't like him. But she did sense two cards in there, "Oh, Key of Clow! Power of Magic! Power of Light! Surrender the wand, the force ignite! Release!" the Clow wand appeared and she gripped it tightly in her hands. Taking a deep breath, she said, "It's now or never," and walked forward.
Sakura's attention immediately fixed itself on the tall figure facing her. She never even noticed the other figure sitting with it's back to her.
Rage smiled politely as she stepped forward, but his smile soon took on a brittle edge as Li and Kero appeared behind her. Madison he completely ignored. "I knew you would come." he said idly, his fingers resting under his chin. "I knew you were not the sort to run from a battle, no matter how hopeless."
Sakura gripped the wand tighter, her gaze darting around, focusing on anything but that burning blue gaze. That was when she noticed the man that was still seated, facing Rage. She took a cautious step back, and her gaze flew to Rage's, even if she would prefer otherwise. "Yes, well, I knew if I didn't come you'd just come looking for me. I figured I'd just save us both some trouble."
One eyebrow rose. "Is that so? How considerate of you." he replied.
At that, the figure started chuckling. Rage glanced down at him, annoyed. He looked back to Sakura and said dryly, "Forgive my lack of manners. This rather annoying pest, is Love."
Love stood up and turned around. He grinned his most charming grin and Sakura's jaw dropped. He had to be the most beautiful man she had ever seen! His long brown hair shone in the sunlight and his features were far too innocent and honest than any mans had a right to be. Unfortunately, his eyes weren't blue, they were hazel, and he looked rather rakish and wild, not quite mature enough. And his hair wasn't quite right, it should be lighter.....
Sakura blinked. One of the hottest guys she's ever seen was standing right in front of her and she was picking out his faults? Sakura began to wonder if there was something wrong with her. She didn't get to wonder about it for long though, for Love-and as the name came to her, Sakura realized he was indeed a Clow card-came forward and took her hand and bowed over it in a dashing manner, placing a kiss in her palm. Sakura blushed slightly, surprised and confused.
Love looked up and into her eyes, his sparkling with mischief, and Sakura got the impression that he had done this exact same thing countless of times before. Still, not letting go of her hand, he said, "You are as beautiful as the finest of red roses and you smell of them as well. You do not disappoint my expectations, everything he has led me to believe about you is true."

Before Sakura could puzzle out that strange comment, the air around them suddenly chilled. Sakura watched, perplexed, as her breath puffed out in a white mist and the trees and ground around them was suddenly coated with frost.
"Love," Rage said ominously.
Sakura glanced at him and found that his eyes had gone cold, like the frost around them.
Love hastily let go of Sakura's hand and backed away. He turned towards Rage with a grin on his face. "No need to get annoyed." he said quickly. "Just getting aquainted with the lady."
Rage stood and glared. He didn't even notice the cold that had seeped out of him and into the very air around him. He did, however, notice the frost that covered the trees. He blinked, surprised. He hadn't even realized he had done this. When he had seen the effect Love had had on Sakura though, something inside him had just begun to burn. And when Love had kissed her hand, that cold rage had just boiled over. He reflected on this strange development and came to the oddest conclusion. He mentally shook his head though. It was preposterous. He did not show such petty emotions as this.
He. Was. Not. Jealous.
But as he looked at Love again, and saw the grin on his face, Rage knew that the baka knew exactly what was going through his mind, and he knew it must be true.
As suddenly as the cold had appeared, it disappeared, and the group looked about them curiously. Rage stood there and let them, still brooding over the fact that the fool Love could coax him into a jealous rage. He never would have had a chance in hell of doing such a thing before, and Rage knew by the look on Love's face that he would never hear the end of it.
Rage shook his head. His gaze snapped back to Sakura. These emotions, these feelings, had to stop. They were hindering his ability to act logically. Love already knew about them, how long would it be before the others found out? and used it against him? He had to get rid of her. It was the only way,
Trying to get his thoughts into order, he snapped, "What are they doing here?" meaning Li, Kero, and Madison. He knew his voice had come out harshly but he really couldn't help that.
Sakura blinked, surprised at his sudden mood swing. Then her eyes narrowed as she said tartly. "They came because they wanted to make sure you didn't set a trap for me. Speaking of which, why is he here?" she fired back.
Love assumed a hurt expression. He turned to Rage and said, "I do believe this is the first time a woman has ever resented my presence. What do you think Rage? am I losing my touch?"
Rage didn't bother to answer, he just glared at him with his 'don't be an ass' look. He turned his attention back to Sakura. "I am shocked that you would think such a thing as that. If Love were to try and help me defeat you in any way, I would gut him myself."
Love nodded, confirming what he just said. "Ain't that the truth. He's tried before, only succeeded in stabbing me in the rib though." he grinned at Sakura's appalled expression. "You see, when your life is on the line, you move fast." he explained.
Sakura just stared at him. Rage brought her attention back to him though when he asked, "Well, what are they doing here?"
Sakura switched her attention back to him. She tried to become annoyed with him again but that comment from Love completely threw her. "They're just here to watch as well." she said.
Li stepped forward, frowning, "Just just wait a minute!" he began to protest.
Rage and Sakura both looked at him, their gazes annoyed. Sakura said, "You will not help me, Li. Promise me. I have to do this on my own, and besides, if you fight with me, it wouldn't be fair." she commented.
Li threw his arms up in the air. "Who wants to be fair?!" he exclaimed.
Sakura placed her hands on her hips and glared. "Promise me."
Li stared at her helplessly, the 'look' working just how it was supposed to. "Fine," he snarled finally. "I'll let you two go at it! But if it becomes apparent that you're not going to come out of this alive, I'm stepping in, and there's no one that can stop me."
"Oh, I think I could." Rage said ruefully, too quiet for Li to hear.
Sakura nodded, satisfied. She turned back to Rage, a sudden quiver running through her body as she realized what was about to take place. "Are you ready?"
Rage smiled. "Oh, I'm more than ready." he said quietly. He stepped forward, away from the trees and towards Sakura. Love moved off of the battlefield to give them more room and Li, Kero, and Madison reluctantly did the same.
The two combatants faced each other. One set on killing the other to rid himself of a weakness, the other set on proving a point that might end up getting her killed.
To be continued.....
________________________________________________________ __________________________________________
I know, I know, you all hate me. But trust me, if I hadn't ended it there you never would have gotten this much!! I've been extremely preoccupied but I promise that their fight will be in the next chapter. So stay tuned and find out what happens. And don't forget about the little quiz thing!!!!! Put your choices in your reviews or there will be hell to pay!!! ^_^;; Well, maybe not. See you then!!