Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherrie Delight ❯ Cherrie Delight ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My first story. Hope you'll like it.

Disclaimer: I do not own CCS

Chapter One
Cherrie Delight - $4.70

~~~~


It was one of those busy stores in Tomoeda. But instead of selling clothes or jewelry, they sold smoothies: Banana Blast, Strawberry Love, Berry Swirl. But the most famous of them all, named after the store, was the Cherrie Delight.

This store wasn't famous like those fast food places, yet it wasn't somewhere no one remembered.

It was a popular hang out. People would go there after work or, like the kids, after school. Mostly because the owner was Fujitaka Kinomoto, the kind man that always smiled. Everyone knew him, or more likely, everyone knew his pretty daughter.

Sakura wasn't popular or anything, yet everyone knew her face. After getting a Bachelor Degree in Tokyo University, Sakura held two jobs: one as a waitress at Cherrie Delight and the other as a model for the very famous designer, Tomoyo Daidouji. Life for her just seemed perfect.


Friday


"Hey Touya! Kiwi Kool at table #4!" Rika shouted.

Usually, there were only two people getting orders and about three working either behind the counter or in the storage room. But since today was packed, Fujitaka had to get help from Rika, Chiharu, Takashi, Naoko, and Tomoyo. Not to mention that Sakura was late. As usual.

"Hoe! Sorry I'm late, guys," Sakura said, while panting, "I lost track of time while shopping."

Tomoyo came over and patted Sakura's shoulder. "It's okay. Could you go to table #6? I think they've been there forever."

Sakura nodded and walked towards the back of the store to get her apron. While hastily tying the end, she walked towards table #6.

"Hi! May I take your order?"


**


"Food. Where's a good place for food," a cinnamon haired man mumbled in a black convertible. He had been searching for a restaurant for half an hour and still couldn't find one. He never knew that this part of Tomoeda was dedicated either to the schools or clothes stores and that the nearest food place was the smoothie store

The guy was about to give up and go back to his company when he spotted the sign "Cherrie Delight! Come Enjoy Our Smoothies! Buy two Get one Free!" Smoothie huh? Might as well. It's not like there's a food place any place soon.

He parked his car on the side of the street and as he was about to get out, he noticed how long the line was inside. Thinking that no way was he about to wait that long, his stomach grumble thinking other wise. Deciding that he would rather wait than starve to death, the guy walked inside the store.

"Hello sir, would you please wait in that line, yeah that one, for just a minute. We'll be right with you." As the guy was walking into the store, he noticed how busy it was. Waitress scurrying here and there and how crowded one little store seemed to be. As he was walking, one of the waitresses pulled him by the sleeve and told him to wait in the long line. "It'll just be a while. By the mean time, why don't you look at the menu." The guy just couldn't help but notice how her short skirt revealed so much of her perfectly tanned legs and how her auburn bangs seemed to frame her face perfectly. As his amber eyes followed her, he caught a glimpse of her nametag. Her name was Kinomoto, Sakura.


**


"Hey Sakura! Could you cover for me?" Tomoyo yelled over the noise, "I have to go."

Hearing this, Sakura walked towards the backroom, where Tomoyo was putting away her apron. With her hands on her hips, Sakura stated, "Come on Tomoyo. This is our busiest day." Walking out of the store, Sakura stopped and asked Tomoyo, "Why?"

Turning around, Tomoyo sighed and told her story, "I have a date with Eriol," And signaling to the store right next to Cherrie Delight, "not to mention that I have to close up my store soon." And from the look on Sakura's face, Tomoyo added, "We're planning to have lunch, then movie, then dinner. Please don't worry. I'll be just fine." While unlocking her car, she mumbled something about staying over at Eriol's house.

As Tomoyo was driving away, Sakura just stood there, shocked. Tomoyo and Eriol together? Sakura knew that sooner or later they were going to get together, but not this soon. She felt as if she was the only person that didn't have a boyfriend. Chiharu has Takashi, Rika has Terada-senshi, and Naoko has that red haired guy from the bookstore. Why hasn't any one taken me?


"Sakura, get back in here! We need your help! NOW!" Chiharu shouted from inside. It was obvious that they needed all the help they can get. Turning around to go outside, Sakura took one last look at the place Tomoyo's car was. This was the moment that changed everything about Sakura's life.


**


"A Banana Blast, two Melon Magic and one Orange Frenzy. They'll be with you in a moment." Rika walked behind the counter, wrote a #4 on the top, and headed around to get more orders. Spotting Sakura coming back in, she rushed over. "Hurry dear. The place is getting more crowded by the minute. Touya's on the phone to get Yukito," and looking around, she asked, "where's Tomoyo? I saw her go out with you."

Sighing, Sakura explained where Tomoyo was going in a few short sentences. Getting a notepads, Sakura walked over to a table occupied by a mahogany haired man. "Hi! May I take your order?"


**


Silence could be heard inside the black Mercedes. Both figures sat there, thinking of something interesting to say.

"Um…Say, how's Sakura? Does she approve of me?" the driver asked.

The passenger sifted uncomfortably while slowly saying, "Kind of." Nervously facing the driver she stated, "actually no, Eriol. She wants us to break up." While using her hands to emphasize her words. "Partially because she's scared that she'll be the only one without a boyfriend."

Eriol sighed softly, his eyes still on the road. "Tomoyo, I know you love her like a sister but she shouldn't stop everyone's relationships just because she doesn't have one." Pausing for a minute, Eriol tried to say something that would lighten up the atmosphere, "One of my friends is coming over. He's trying to start a business of his own. Maybe you can get to know him."

Wanting to change the subject, Tomoyo nodded her head while her head thought about getting Sakura a boyfriend…


**


"Uh… What's your specialty?"

"The Cherrie Delight of course!" the waitress answered. Seeing the amber-eyed man nodded, she quickly scribbled the order and went to place the order on the shelf. Behind, in the back room, Sakura noticed how busy Takashi and Fujitaka seemed, blending fruits and other things. "How's it going back there?"

Seeing Sakura, Takashi replied, "Busy. I can't wait when Yukito finally arrives. Even though this rush lasts only about an hour more, we still needed help."

Picking up the plate with three smoothies, Sakura walked over to the owners. Depositing the Kiwi Kool and Berry Swirl at table #2, she walked over to table #13, where the chocolate haired man sat, quietly reading a newspaper. "Here ya go. One Cherrie Delight. And here's your receipt sir."

The guy's amber eyes observed the drink before taking a sip. Not bad

Taking a look at his watch, he noticed that his lunch break was almost over. Picking up the newspaper and stacking it at the rack, he picked up his drink and the receipt. He walked over to the cashier, and placed a few dollar bills. "Keep the change," he said while taking another sip from his drink.

Before he could turn around, the guy behind the desk asked him if he wanted to sign the guest book. "People who are new here get to sign the guest book. You can write what you liked about here, or what you didn't like. Just about anything really."

Sighing, the guy turned around, his bronze eyes bored. He picked up the pen and looked at the small book on the counter. The cover was a water painting of a Sakura tree and as he peered inside, he noticed there was a lot of compliments to this store. Seeing a blank page, he raises his pen, wondering what to write.

After scribbling for a few minutes, when he was about to close the book to leave, he raises his pen again. Skipping a line from where he wrote his compliments, he wrote his name. Putting the book down and pocketing his pen, he walked out the store and into his convertible.

The cashier, obviously curious, picked up the book to see what the stranger wrote. As his eyes, looked at what was written, a shout could be heard from table #12. "Stop fooling around, Takashi! We have customers!" an angry waitress yelled.

Groaning out loud, Takashi put down the book and started working. But before he did, he looked at the signature the guest left.
Syaoran Li.

~~~~

Done! Yeah! Please review how this story is. Please? Thanks. I might have some grammer errors but please forgive me, I can do so much. If any errors, tell me please. Thankx.!