Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Contrast ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blankets of droplets fell from ominous charcoal clouds. Wild gusts whipped dying branches about as sun dried leaves mixed with the dense fog to create a wall impairing the human sight.

Sight was what a group of mourners wanted taken away as they stood, watching two caskets descend into the empty graves waiting for them like tow hungry mouths ready to swallow them whole. A priest whispered words of eternal life as women dressed in long black gowns sniffed and dabbed at their blocky, runny mascara. Their transparent veils smacked against their smudged faces as another gust washed over the somber land. Men stood strong and tall as they stared at the maple coffins lower deeper and deeper into the mudded ground. Solemn expressions plastered across their faces.

A young child stood in front of the depressing graves. Eyes void of any emotion. Dull in every way, shape, and form. The child's eyes were red and puffy with salty tears spilling from them adding to the moisture already on it's pale face. It's short auburn hair matted to it's face as a small pink bubblegum tongue poked out between two small red lickerish lips. The tongue swiped over the lips as the taste of bitter, salty tears and stale raindrops developed in it's mouth. It's small black dress was soaked and heavy as numb hands clenched the wet cloth. Small little feet hid in muddy black buckle shoes as they tilted toward the other for comfort. The child began to rock back and forth, back and forth.

A tall, slim man towered over the child as he rubbed it's back whispering comforting words of hope into it's little ear. The adults gazed down upon the child, pity flashing in their tear drop eyes. The old priest lifted his small, wrinkled hand into the air as it moved up and down, right then left making an invisible sign of the cross. Sobs of great sorrow erupted throughout the crowd as the casket hit the earth below them.

"Come Sakura, it's time to go" the tall man whispered to the child as he gently nudged the child away from the grave sight. He grabbed it's tiny hand as they began their long walk toward his car. The little child held no response though. It just stared at the holes that took it's parents away forever. In that single moment in time the child swore to never forgive the cruel world which left it orphaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young teen shot up from her restless slumber. Sticky, salty sweat dripped down her face as her breathing came in short, tight gasps. Why?, she thought as she ran a shaky hand through her long auburn and black hair. Why do I keep having that nightmare? The teen squeezed her eyes tightly together. The shaky hand traveled to her eyes as she rubbed them gently trying to get the image of the dream out of her minds eye. She swung her thin, long legs over the side of the bed as she took her shaky hand away from her eyes and opened them very slowly.

Her dazzling emerald eyes twinkled in the pale moon light. Her porcelain skin glowed as an aura of holy beams surrounded her giving her an angelic air. Her flush, full lips were pulled into a slight frown as her full chest rose and fell with each passing breath.

She put her small hands behind her as they supported her body which rose slowly from the soft feather bedding. Her small silk nightshirt fell down to her slim waist. Her small silk sleeping shorts swayed from side to side as she walked over to a medium sized window.

Small crystal rain droplets ran down the smooth glass. A flash of lightening flickered as a roaring boom echoed throughout the world. A gust of wind pushed the trees around as the ankle length grass swayed with the pull of the gust. Amongst all this commotion the moon seemed to just watch. No clouds dared to block it's view of the world and the moon dare not miss a thing.

The young teen then walked away from the window across a fluffy midnight blue shag rug that contoured to her feet and swished between her toes. Shadows of clothes clumped in a pile on the floor casted over the sea of fluff. Old guitar picks lay scattered around as discarded guitar strings winded into knotty clumps.

As the teen neared the door a small scratching noise attacked her ears. The high pitched rubbing came from the other side of her door which was hidden behind rock and metal posters. She continued to cross the room and came closer and closer to the door and offending noise. The gold knob came into view as she paid it no important notice. She grasped it and turned it making the click of the latch sound. When the door was only an inch away from the door frame a small bundle came bouncing through the crevasse.

"Kero" the teen childe as she continued to open the door. When the door was hitting the dark wall behind it she walked out the opening and strolled down the dark hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The click of glasses rang throughout the now alive wear house. Men in their thirties sat around small wooden tables sipping on brandy and other alcoholic drinks. Some men when passed out on table tops while others were asleep on the many couches.

The young teen walked through the large room that had black walls. The dim lights that hung over various areas illuminated the room. Loud music blasted from the small, wore out speakers of a little black radio. Princess 'erotic city' filled the room as the teen walked over to a long wooden bar.

"Charley I need money for lunch." the teen stated as she looked at an middle aged man strangely. "Why the hell are you listening to that?" She asked as she twisted her thumb over to the small radio.

The man chuckled as he rubbed his balding head. "I thought you always stole other kids money and I'm listening to the song because I like it." The man named Charley then walked over to the girl and pulled her black hood off of her head to reveal her shiny hair. "Why are you in such a mood today?"

The girl grunted as she pulled her hood back over her head shadowing her eyes. Her large black hoody hid her curves as baggy jeans sagged down to her middle butt. A thick chain wrapped around her leg to her pocket where her skull wallet was placed. "I'm not in a mood and if you want me to steal my money I have no problem with that." with that statement the girl angrily turned on her heels and charged toward the door.

Charley sighed as a smashing sound rang through the room shaking everything. "It's today." he thought aloud as he rubbed his wrinkled eyes and thought about the girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A light purple gray sky huge limply trying to keep itself up. The still air made nothing move making the area seem dead and saddened. Bare branches of dead trees loamed over the cold ground casting their shadows about. Fresh crystal rain droplets fell onto the cement and stone headstones turning them dark and moist.

A tall, dark figure huffed through the silent cemetery. It's long black trench coat flowed behind it as it's speed made it rise and fall. It's bulky build showed that it was a male and it's finely chiseled facial structure gave away that he was very handsome. His unruly co-co bangs fell onto his face as his long hair was pulled back into a low ponytail. He had stone hard amber eyes that were as cold and distant as hard. Cool droplets of rain fell down his face as a long stream of water rain down from it's nose and chin.

The figure came to an abrupt halt as a stone monument came into view. The monument was small and dark. Tiny bared windows allowed little light into the hallow core. A large steel gate guarded a finely crafted door which lead into the holy place. The outside walls of the monument had stone statuettes of the deceased which were held inside.

The figure strolled around looking at all the life sized statuettes which decorated the outside. Every statute held a cold expression on it's face. The male statutes were dressed in an, what seemed old Chinese fighting outfits while the females wore detailed kimonos. The figure again stopped making the trench coat which flowed behind him hit the back of his legs.

The figure stared deep into the statute's face. The statute was of a man which had long bangs that fell over his cold eyes. He had short choppy hair that flew wildly behind him. His outfit was painted green as an large ying-yang symbol was painted on his chest. At the bottom of the statue was a small stone slab that read:
Li yang
1958-1993
Beloved father and husband
My he rest in peace

The figure lifted his hand into his deep pocket and shuffled his fingers around until they felt the hard, course feeling of a plant stem. The figure gently pulled it out to reveal a single red rose. He laid it gently onto the bottom of the stone slab. The figure recoiled his hand as he stared into the statues eyes. "Father." the word poured over his mouth as the word flipped off his tongue.

The figure was about to turn and walk back the way he came when he heard a faint cry from his left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A small little bundle curled up against a large block. The light pitter patter of the rain drops swept through the cool air as it hit the figures warm skin. A mysterious fog hugged the ground as lightning crackled lighting up the dark sky. Seconds later a ominous bellowing thunder round over the small figures head but the figure could care less.

It's fingers caressed every letter, every word. Each indent opened an old wound with it's emptiness. A river of tears trailed down it's cheeks as they blended with the tears. A small pink object pushed through two full red lips. The pink object ran around the lips leaving them wetter than the rain made them. It's dull emerald eyes where puffy and blood shoot. "Today. The worst day of my life and it haunts me with each year." The figure said in the smallest of voices which would have broken the coldest of hearts even it's own.

The figure caressed the words over and over again. Flashes of locked away memories crossed it's minds eye as it stared at the words which seemed blurred by it's tears. "You left me. You left me here to torture me. To kill me slowly by leaving me nothing but painful memories which I try to hid." the figure screamed as it shot up from it's resting position. "You are the reason for my pain. It's all your fault." It hollered at the silent stone. Tears of pain, sadness and anger flew out of it's emerald pools as it paced back and forth, back and forth. "You." it yelled as it pointed a finger at the stone it once caressed longingly. "Why didn't you take me with you." With that the figure collapsed to the ground as old memories crossed her mind like a movie crosses a flat screen.

The sun was as bright as a flame on a small candle. The robins egg blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds which slugged across the sky. The chatter of life flowed through the open window which let a heavy breeze pound in and cool the passengers of the minivan down.

The laughter of a young child echoed across the car and whispered into the travelers ears. A young girl giggled as curly locks blew behind her hitting the gray cotton car seats. "Mommy when when when we get ho ho home can we we we have eye ceam?" the small girl asked in her squeaky sing song voice. Her auburn locks crossed her sparkling emerald eyes as she stared at a beautiful women in front of her.


The women looked as though an angel had indeed fallen from the sky. Her dark purple black hair was pulled back into a high pony tail. Her emerald eyes danced with laughter as she looked at the sweet girl. Her pale skin absorbed the sun light that danced down from the heavens. The women smiled at the young girl as she nodded her head up and down. "Yes Sakura when we get home we can eat ice cream after all tomorrows your birthday. Are you excited? Your going to be turning five." The girl laughed as she through her hands up into the air as if trying to catch the sunlight.

"Well the kaijuu is still as giggly as she was when she was three and she talks funny too." a young boy at around the age of seven stated as his dark blown hair lapped in the constant gust. The boy's dark brown eyes held mischief yet love for the little girl.

The beautiful woman who spoke to the young girl looked over to her left at a man about ten years older than her. His brown eyes hid behind brown framed glasses yet you could see the laughter and joy he had being with his family. His rustled auburn hair lapped in the wind as his jean jacket hung open exposing a dark green shirt. The man turned his head over his shoulder and gave a gentle yet firm "Hey you two cut that out." As he finished those words he heard a loud billowing honk and whipped his head around to see a huge semi-truck charging down the asphalt. Again it honked a loud 'get out of the way'. The man pulled the steering wheel to the left as screams left the mouths of the other riders. The car swirled and zigzagged until hit a near by telephone pole. When the smashing of the plastic car was through the car recoiled back into oncoming traffic which tried to get out of the smashed cars path yet some were not as lucky. Instead of a semi hitting the truck a large McDonalds truck with the happy go lucky clown T-boned the small car from the right crushing the entire right side in. The truck stopped as the car kept going. Sparks flew from the girding metal which friction played a part in. The small car came to it's final halt as all you could hear was the constant shrieking of a little girl.

" Killed on impact of the McDonald's truck. Crushed under bent metal of those damn sport cars. Gone in less than thirty seconds." the figure whispered as it heard a loud cracking noise. The figure whipped it's head around to see a handsome man standing behind her.

"Why are you crying. I didn't expect a tough girl like you to cry." he stated somewhat coldly as he looked over the pathetic figure. The girl rose up very slowly as her dark emerald eyes became their usual hard self.

"What would you know about me. You only know what you have been told by your whore so don't start assuming shit you will never understand." the girl hissed as she feebly started to walk away. She got two steps away from the man when her body just gave out and started to descend toward the ground.

"Sakura." the figure breathed as he caught her mid-fall. His co-co brown hair dripped droplets down onto her face as his large, strong hands held her as if she was fine china. "Rouge." the man whispered as the girl stirred. Her pale skin quivered under his hands touch as his amber examined her body. "You need to get out of these clothes before you get hypothermia."

The young girls eyelids fluttered open as her vision was blurry. She made out the man's face as a groan flowed over her lips. "Why couldn't I have been found by anyone but YOU." Sakura shivered as the rain seemed to come down harder and harder. "Why don't you just go away popular. I'm fine." Sakura then tried to lift herself up to no avail. A deep chuckle came from him as he helped her up thinking, why am I being so nice?

Little did he know that the same thought was going through Sakura's mind but with a little variation. Why the hell is Syaoran, Mr. I-the-king-of-the-school being so fucking nice to me after I beat up his girlfriend. Sakura grabbed hold of the extended hand in front of her as she used all the strength, and Syaoran's help, to get up and onto her feet. To her dismay however her legs began to tremble and again her knees went out and Sakura found herself once again in Syaoran's arms.

"You need help. How did you get here?" Syaoran asked as he pulled Sakura closer to his warm, wet body on reflex to keep her stable. Syaoran looked into Sakura's eyes. A flicker of embarrassment crossed her dazzling emerald orbs. A slight blush pigmented her wet cheeks.

Sakura's eyes darted down to his firm chest where he blush seemed to deepen. Her hands moved up on Syaoran's arms. When Sakura noticed what her hands where doing she stopped them and put them to her sides. "I rode my skateboard." was her weak reply.

A sigh escaped Syaoran's lips as his shoulders slumped. "I guess I'll have to take you home." Syaoran looked at Sakura to see how she would take the news. He seemed to almost want her to get angry, he wanted her to yell at him.

Syaoran got his wish as Sakura's cheeks puffed and her blush moved across her entire face. "I don't need YOU to take me anywhere. I'll get home on my own just fine. Besides I have to get to school." Sakura then wrinkled her button nose as she tried to push out of Syaoran's embrace to find out he either had a very strong hold on her or she was very weak. "You can let go anytime now." Sakura hissed as she glared at Syaoran who brushed it off like it was nothing. Sakura then moved closer to his face, keeping eye contact as she crept closer. "Let go." She bit out.

"No I'm taking you home now where do you live? And don't give me that I'm fine scrap cause you can't even stand your so cold."

"Why do you care if I'm cold or not. I don't need any help."

"I can't just leave you here and you do need help." with that statement from Syaoran he lifted her up effortlessly over his shoulder caveman style. "Now if you won't tell me where you live I'll just have to look up your parents and find out where you live."

Sakura beat his back with her fists as she thrashed about trying to get free. For a girl who couldn't stand she was very energized. "That's going to be kinda hard since my parents are died." She yelled as Syaoran stopped walking and set her down. Sakura placed her small hands on Syaoran's broad shoulders as she steadied herself on her weak feet. Syaoran looked down at the fragile Sakura with pity and regret. "Save your pity I don't want it." Sakura then looked up to Syaoran's face. "I live in the old Parkinson warehouse complex down by the river. If you take me to the south side you will see an old Ben and Jerry's there. Take me round to the north end of the building and I can get in and Charley can help me out alright." Sakura slightly smiled as they both got catch in the others gaze. The heavy rain seemed to let up a little as Syaoran balanced Sakura on her feet and started the journey to his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A small sports car drove down the old raven way drive that lead to the abandoned Parkinson complex. The rain fell onto the window of the car as squeaky window wipers swept back and forth, back and forth, pushing the excise water out of the way. The roar of the powerful engine buzzed as splashes sounded from the tires breaking through a deep puddle of collected rain.

Syaoran looked over at his sleeping passenger. That girl. The girl that didn't care what people said. That girl. The girl that gave his girlfriend the worst beating he had ever seen. That girl. The girl who acts so tough in the publics eye yet cries when she is alone. That girl. The girl who confused him and made him act strange. That girl. Yes that strange girl.

"I wonder what you've been through?" Syaoran heard himself say as he turned his attention back to the road. "What am I saying. I should hate you. I should be pissed off at you for doing that to my girlfriend but here I am risking my rep to help you. God what is wrong with me." Syaoran glanced back over to the auburn haired beauty. "You are going to be the end of me. I can feel it." The car speed down the slippery road as the old warehouses came into view.