Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Embers ❯ How could an angel break my heart? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 2

How Could An Angel break My Heart?

Tomoyo was watching Eriol play the piano on the screen. Sighing, she popped more chocolate on her mouth. "I'm a genius. A film making genius. "What she was watching was a camera footage of her crush she taped secretly. Hidden behind the bush, she captured her living Adonis on a tape which she watches over and over again. She tried to imagine that Eriol was playing the beautiful music for her.

The screen zoomed on Eriol's intense pacific-blue eyes hidden behind the glasses which pushed its associated word 'nerd' into extinction. Tomoyo nearly melted with the intense eyes boring through the screen. She wished she was a piano so Eriol would look at her that way.

"Tomoyo, we need to talk." came Mrs. Daidouji's voice from outside her room.

Tomoyo panickly turned the vhs and TV off. "Coming, Mother!"

Sonomi entered the room. "I thought I heard someone playing classical music awhile ago on piano."

She blushed. "M-Must be one of our neighbours."

Her mother didn't look convinced, but she decided to let that one go. "Tomoyo, it's about your father."

Tomoyo turned serious. "What about him?"

Sonomi's face crumpled. "He's dying. He only has a few years to live and he wants to spend it with us. He's asking us to move to France where he's hospitalised right now."

Dread filled the girl's heart. "D-Dad's dying?"

Her mom clasped her hands tightly. "Please, Tomoyo. Let's grant him his last wish."

"Yes Mother" She nodded "But when will we leave?"

"The day after tomorrow."



"Oh Tomoyo, that's terrible!" wailed Sakura as if she might actually cry. Tomoyo just narrated to her what happened last night. "First I lost Syaoran, and now you!"

"We'll still be in touch with each other through letters and phone calls. "Tomoyo reminded her friend.

"But it still won't be the same as when you're around!" protested the short-haired girl. "And what about Eriol?"
She looked down. "I'll tell him this afternoon. I want to tell him how important he is to me because I know it will be a long time before I will get to see him again.

Sakura hugged her friend. "Good luck."

Tomoyo hugged her back. "Thanks, I'll need that." From deep inside, she was aware that the chance of Eriol not getting disgusted with her for falling shamelessly in love with him is as miniscule as a grain of sand.



Inside the shrine, she saw Eriol in school uniform already, holding a white dove. She felt her heart thunder furiously. Eriol is so good-looking-no, scratch that. Eriol Hiragizawa is the best-looking man her eyes ever laid on. He's smart, sensitive, witty, thoughtful, caring and a dozen more she can't put down to words.

Sensing someone's eyes on him, Eriol turned around and saw Tomoyo standing beside the torii, staring at him with mixed sadness and longing. "Tomoyo!" he called. He was about to lecture her about the importance of punctuality and time-consciousness when something stopped him.

Her face. The usual sunny smile wasn't there. Her cheeks weren't red as before. Her eyes lack their usual twinkle.

"Tomoyo?" He was about to walk towards her when she turned around and ran away.



That afternoon, Sakura gave her a thumbs-up when she saw Eriol walking with her to the shrine. Tomoyo nodded.

Upon arrival, they changed into their shrine clothes and began their work in silence. Minutes later, Eriol broke the silence. "Tomoyo, what's wrong?"

She tightened her grip on the handle of the broom. "Um.." Her heart started beating erratically again. Say it! She instructed herself. Say it before it's too late! This is your last chance!

He stood in front of her, gesturing for her to speak her mind and he will listen. "Tomoyo?"

She summoned all her courage before looking up. "I'm in love with you."

She saw his eyes widen with an unknown emotion before its usual calmness and coldness returned. "You're kidding." he said curtly.

Tomoyo felt her breathing stop, but she struggled to go on. "I am not, Eriol! I will never kid about anything that involves my heart love you, Eriol! I don't know when, how,why or where it started but I'm sure with what I feel. I love you."

He turned his back on her. "You're just tired. Get some rest and I'll talk to you in the morning."

She felt as if she was slapped.. no, who was she kidding? She felt like she just died. The agonizing pain slicing her heart and tearing it to pieces. The biting truth that the one she loved the most is not capable of returning her love. It hurts.. it hurts so much .She sank to her knees, feeling every ounce of her strength deserting her. Worst of all, she could do nothing but cry. Cry until she drowns in her oceans of sorrows and frustrations.

She stood up wearily. This is no place to do it. She lost enough face to last a lifetime. Suddenly, leaving Japan seemed the only option left for her to survive her grief. She tool one final look at the shrine. "Goodbye."



The next morning, Eriol was late for class. He was quite annoyed by Tomoyo's irresponsible attitude of tardiness. He waited for her in the shrine for one solid hour but she didn't show up.

He glanced at Tomoyo's empty seat. "Is she sick?" he wondered. Probably, because she didn't look too happy when they parted ways yesterday. Maybe she took his advice and had a bed rest.



At recess, Eriol asked Sakura if she wanted to accompany him to Tomoyo's house.

"What for?" asked Sakura nervously.

"I want to visit her because she might be sick. It's unlike her to miss classes without any valid reason at all." explained Eriol.

Naoko Yanagisawa came up from behind them. "But Tomoyo's not sick. She's gone!"

"Come again?" Eriol was not sure if he heard her right.

"Tomoyo's gone. The teacher just told us this morning that she flew to France with her mom and their return is indefinite." the girl explained.

Eriol suddenly didn't feel well. He collapsed to his seat weakly. "S-She's gone." He compressed his head with his hands. "Oh God! I'm an idiot!""

His classmates watched him with awe and amazement. Eriol Hiragizawa never shows emotion, may it be good or bad. Until now.

Someone touched his shoulder. He looked up and saw Sakura looking down at him with understanding. She already knew what transpired between him and her best friend even if she wasn't told about what happened.

"Oh God, help me! She's gone!" he wailed miserably. He never realized how much space she already occupies in his heart till now. And right now, she could already feel thew empty hollow feeling in his heart.

"Tomoyo!" his foolish heart cried.

___________

End of chapter 2