Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Moon ❯ Bittersweet Sixteen ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




I guess I should note this takes place after the second movie(I know, it's not dubbed-thankgod-so most of you probably haven't



I guess I should note this takes place after the second movie(I know, it's not dubbed-thankgod-so most of you probably haven't seen it... but it's really good and Sakura FINALLY tells Syaoran she loves him! She took her damn sweet time getting to it tho ><) so Sakura and Syaoran are officially together, they're both in 6th grade now.

To avoid confusion later on, uhm… I admit I've only seen a few episodes of the anime(I REFUSE to watch Cardcaptors after hearing Sakura's dub voice from a different room) and the second movie, so my knowledge of the CCS universe in minimal. If I screw up the timeline, original story, or any other CCS facts then please bear with me. I'm gonna get more DVDs after I get the rest of the KKJ series ^_^v

Disclaimer: Alas, CCS and SM do not belong to me. I'm only penniless a high school student so don't sue. Wait, nevermind I have a quarter. Still wanna sue me? ^_^;



Chapter One: The Crystal



"Sakura…"
Sakura looked around her. She was in an unfamiliar place, surrounded by white walls, leading down a corridor.
"Sakura…" A soft wispy voice called from far away.
"Who's calling me?" The girl looked down both ends of the hall. They looked the same, she felt if she wandered she would surely get lost.
"Sakura…"
The voice. This time Sakura caught its direction. She took a few hesitant steps to the right, then walked briskly down the hall. She past many doors, each one the same as the last. What was she looking for?
She reached one door, more elaborate then the rest. Was this it?
"Sakura… Here…"
She pushed it open slowly, peeking into the dark room. She stepped inside, waiting for her eyes to adjust. It must be night. When she could see better, her eyes widened as she saw the whole room.
It was huge, decorated with pale colors that seemed to glow in the moonlight. The moonlight? Sakura walked quietly to a window and gasped.
There, outside in space, she could see the Earth.
"Where am I…?"
A soft sound alerted her of someone else's presence. Turning as quietly as she could Sakura saw a figure asleep on the queen sized bed. A young woman, delicate and beautiful, slept unaware of the girl. Sakura was mesmerized. The lady's face was peaceful, framed by long silvery strands of hair that spread across the sheets. It was like looking at a Goddess… A Goddess of the Moon.
"Sakura…"
This time the voice came from behind her. Looking in that direction she saw something shining on a table. The light it emitted became too bright to look directly at and Sakura covered her eyes.
"Sakura… Help…"
Help? What does that mean?
"Sakura…I need…"
"Sakura…"
"Sakura!"


"Sakura!"
Kinomoto Sakura mumbled and pulled the covers over her head. It was too bright.
"Sakura! Wake up! Your dad has breakfast ready!"
"Hoe? Kero-chan? Where am I…? That light…"
Kero sighed, she still wasn't awake yet. "Sakura! It was just a dream! C'mon, I starving!"
Blinking, she sat up. She was in her own room. It was morning. Everything has been just a dream.
"Good, you're awake! Now-"
The door opening caused the Guardian Beast to quiet and stiffen in his stuffed animal pose.
Sakura looked up and saw Touya in the doorway, staring at Kero-chan. "Oniichan! A-anou…"
"Talking to yourself again?" he asked, one eyebrow raised.
"U-um, I was…" she thought rapidly, "talking in my sleep!"
"Next you'll be sleepwalking," he rolled his eyes. "The rest of us won't be able to sleep if there's a kaiju stomping around the house at night."
Sakura glared. "I'm not a-"
"Breakfast is ready, so come down before it's all gone," he interrupted and left without missing a beat.
The door closed and Sakura made a fist, "Mou! He's so unfair!"
"Itai… I agree," Kero grumbled and stretched his stiff muscles.


"Ne, Kero-chan…" Sakura began as she packed a basket for the picnic she and Tomoyo planned.
"What is it, Sakura?" Kero asked without tearing his eyes away from her hands as she placed the food inside the basket. "Maybe we should pack two? This one might not be enough…"
Sakura went on as if she hadn't heard him. "All the cards have been changed, right? And there are no more attacks… So I shouldn't be having any more Dreams…right?"
Kero looked up at her quickly after hearing her tone of voice. "Did you have a Dream last night?"
"I…I think so… demo…" Sakura stopped and looked thoughtful. It didn't feel like anything bad.. Only…someone was calling me… for help…
"Did it bother you?" Kero was getting worried now. This shouldn't be happening.
"Iie… but it was a little strange." Sakura shook her head, "Daijoubu, I don't think it was bad."
"Well I trust you… Still, do you want to bring the Cards?"
She nodded, "I guess it wouldn't hurt. Just a minute!" She ran upstairs to where the Cards were kept in her room.
Kero watched her form disappear at the top of the stairs. "Another Dream…" he mused softly to himself, "What does it mean this time?"
His thoughts were interrupted by a surprised "Hooeee?!" from upstairs.
"Sakura!" He jumped up and flew towards her room.


"Sakura! Daijoubu ka?!"
Sakura was leaning over her desk, holding a glowing Card in her hand. She looked up at the sound of his voice, "Oh! Gomen, Kero-chan, I didn't mean to worry you. But this…"
Kero flew over to peer at the Card. The light surrounding it faded and he could read its name. "NANI?!" He grabbed it in his paws and stared in shock. "Masaka! Where did this come from?!"
"I came in to pick up the Cards but there was a flash of light and when I looked again this one was here…" Sakura took it back from Kero before he ripped it or something. "'The Crystal,'" she read on the bottom on the Card. The image was of an elegant lady with long hair that swept around her form, filmy wings like a fairy's spread from her back.
Somehow she felt like she'd seen it before.
Meanwhile, Kero was flipping out. "Not another one! Why is this here?! Sakura! Call Eriol again!"
"K-Kero-chan…" Sakura sweatdropped. She sighed, "Anou… I don't think we have to."
Kero ceased his tirade. "Eh? Doshite?"
"Well I…" She looked down at the Card in her hands. "I don't think it's bad… Like my Dream… That's how it feels."
Kero floated down to eye-level with her. "I guess if you're sure…"
Sakura nodded.
"Hmph, I still don't like it. Cards aren't supposed to keep appearing like this!"
Sakura turned the Card over in her hands. Like my dream… That's it, this feeling…was like the one in my Dream… Outloud she said, "There's something different about it though, it doesn't feel…like the other Sakura Cards."
"Different?"
"I can't explain it…" she said softly as her eyes misted over.
"Sakura, are you okay?"
Sakura blinked and rubbed her arm across her eyes. "Hai, I'm fine." Why did I start to cry?
"Sakura…?"
She grinned cheerfully, "We can think about it later! Tomoyo-chan must be waiting for us, so let's go!" When Kero hesitated she teased, "Aren't you hungry? We can eat as soon as we get there!"
Kero was already out in the hall. "What are you standing around for? Hayaku!"
"Haaaiii!" Sakura put the The Crystal with the rest of the stack in a case and followed Kero back to the kitchen. What was that? When I was holding that Card…I felt sad…


"What? You mean another card appeared?" Tomoyo's soft voice was filled with surprise as Sakura retold the story to her friend.
They were both kneeling on a blanket in the park while Kero was busy chowing down on anything edible.
"Hai, see? Here it is…" Sakura reached around and pulled the Card in question from the rest of the stack, handing it to Tomoyo.
Violet eyes looked over the Card, noting every detail. "The Crystal…"
"It doesn't look any different from the others, but somehow it is." Sakura sighed and stretched out, leaning back on her elbows and staring up at the sky. "I feel like I've seen something like it before."
"Wait, hold that pose," Tomoyo instantly had a camera in her hands and was talking excitedly, "This is a wonderful shot, your pose is great and the expression on your face matches perfectly!"
Sakura flushed, "T-Tomoyo-chan…"
"I would love to record you using this new Card," she began.
"Iie."
Both girls looked up at the newcomer. Sakura's face lit up immediately when she saw him. "Syaoran-kun!"
Kero saw him as well. "Sakura, you invited the brat too?"
"Using an unknown Card could be dangerous, we shouldn't risk it." Syaoran ignored Kero and moved to sit beside Sakura. "Sorry I'm late."
"You don't have to apologize," she said, snuggling up to him.
Syaoran blushed, but smiled at her affectionately. He looked up and his face colored some more. "Tomoyo! Put the camera down!"
"Just pretend I'm not here!" she replied and moved to get a better angle. "That's better."
"Hoe…"

While the three were caught up with Tomoyo's antics, the mysterious Card began to shimmer with a pale moonglow.
"Sakura! The Card!" Kero tried to warn her with his mouth full.
When Sakura felt the power from the Card, she turned to find the glow becoming steadily brighter. "Syaoran-kun, Tomoyo-chan!"
Syaoran had noticed it at the same time and put himself protectively in front of the girls. "Watch out!"
At that moment a column of light shot down from the sky, landing near them.
Sakura…
Sakura raised her arm in front of her face to shield her eyes. Who's calling me? That voice…!
Sakura… Help….
She gasped when a thought occurred to her. The one who is calling me… the Card?!


From deep within Yukito's conscience, Yue started as he felt his Mistress's distress. Something's wrong…



Luna C: Okay, first off, I'm sorry. I was going to get a whole new chapter out but I slacked off and only got this far. So here's the cliffhanger I mentioned before ^^; School is starting in a few days, so I'll be busy for a while. Don't worry, Michelle, I'll finish this someday ^_^;

Please review! Flames are okay if you're complaining about my writing and not the charas. Yes, I'm still pissed about that incident with my MKR fic. You flame me for the charas I write about and I flame you for being an obnoxious, immature brat. >:P Have a nice day.