Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Elevator Love ❯ shiny floors ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: CCS © CLAMP
Author's Notes: Ahh, I'm just slowly posting my FF.net things on to here XD Well, here's my latest story.
 
-
E l e v a t o r- L o v e
Author: Acaylee
Beta-reader: azayaka
CHAPTER ONE

The floor's really shiny. And I'm running. Through the parlour of the building. And the parlour floor's slippery. Because it's shiny. The floor is really shiny. And—

"Hoee!"

And I crash into someone. And my coffee spills all over the someone's suit.

Lesson learned: Never run in an outfit picked by Tomoyo on super shiny floors. Shiny floors are bad. Tomoyo's outfits plus shiny floors equal evil! Pure. Evil.

"I'm so, so sorry! I didn't mean for this to happen! The floor's just really shiny! And these heels are really pointy! And this suit's really tight! And I can barely run in this skirt! And it's my first day at work today! And the parlour's really slippery! Because of the floor! The floor's slippery! I'm so sorry! And I'm late! Hoee! I'm late! I'm late!" I blurt out. "I'm late! I'm sorry! I"

"Miss." The someone puts a hand on my arm. "It's okay."

I look up into kind grey eyes. "It's okay?"

The someone is about my father's age, and the 'around my father's age' part does kind of make him remind me of my father. My father's nice, too. And this man's nice; he nods. "It's fine."

I let out a breath of relief. "Really? Because that must be a really expensive suit! And if it was mine and some klutz spilled coffee over it, I'd be really mad! But I wouldn't be wearing a men's suit because… well, because I'm female! But if my boyfriend's suit was like that and someone spilled coffee, I'd… be mad? But I don't have a boyfriend. Well, not now. Not since I broke up with Kiyoshi—but I've never seen Kiyoshi wear a suit. Does a tuxedo count? Because he was my formal date to the… formal? But tuxed—"

"Miss," the nice man chuckles, "aren't you late?"

I look at his hand on my arm—there's a watch on it. The watch says it's…

"Hoee!" I start running for the elevator—it's nine!

The elevator on the left end is about to arrive on ground level and I hope earnestly I'll make it. Tomoyo says she's kicking me out if I mess the job she got me up! But Tomoyo'll never really kick me out; she's too much of a softie…

Remembering the nice man who was nice to me, I turn around and wave as I run backwards—something people like me should never do. People like me? Klutz. But I don't really think about that and wave.

"Thank you!" I yell out, and he waves back tentatively.

When I hear the elevator arrive with that little ding, I begin to turn around—you know, in case I miss the elevator and hit the wall instead, something I tend to do. But when I do turn around, I don't hit the wall—thank God!—but I've managed to…

Trip on the doorway… "Hoee…"

I'm falling. And it's a natural reaction to not wanting to land on my face again; my face still hurts remembering falling on it last week, so I grab the first thing my hands touch.

Rip.

I don't fall on my face, but rather land kind of softly—kind of—on to the carpet. For a second I think I've ripped my skirt; Tomoyo likes forcing me to wear tight skirts.

Then, I hear a frustrated growl of, "Shit."

Opening my eyes slowly—I never realised they were closed in the first place—I look up to meet amber eyes. The guy's frowning and glaring down at me like there's no tomorrow. I look down. Expensive suit. Down a bit more…

I stop, let out a nervous laugh, and unclench my fingers from the cloth between my hands.

"I like your leg?"