Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Esperanza ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
ÿþI'm in the mood for something... different. I'm in a light hearted, 'genki' mood, which has been instilled by listening to a 'LOT' of Ayumi Hamasaki music this weekend... and procrastinating on a project for my World History class. A smart thing to do...never take History as your major... or a minor even. It's hard, tedious, and boring.





Disclaimer: Why bother? I mean, if you're writing here, you, and I, obviously don't own CCS.



The one quote that sums up my entire existence: You laugh at me because I'm short. I laugh at you because you are just now realizing this. And you've known me for... How long??



Warnings: Sarcasm, reference to past/present shounen-ai.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



We come into a scene of dismal boredom, as one Michele Cervantes, seventeen year old high school student from Los Angeles, California, sits in San Fernando colegio secundaria, draws boredly onto a sheet of paper, whilst completey ignoring her history teacher, Sra. Fernandez.



"Sra. Cervantes, where did the battle of Antitiam take place, and please, quit drawing on your notebook.



Michele looked up, slightly startled by her teacher's command, and stuttered... "N.. No se..."



The woman regarded Michele dryly, and said, "Well... then open your book, read the chapter, and pay attention. No dibujas... ¿Comprende?"



Michele nodded. "Si, Maestra..." She muttered, putting her sketch pad away. History was her worst class, by far, and she hated it.



Her boyfriend, Benito Chavez, tossed a crumpled up piece of paper at her head. She caught it, making sure that Sra. Fernandez wasn't watching her. She looked in Benito's general direction, and mouthed, "Despues, Clase."



He nodded, pointing to the piece of paper.



"Lees la nota, por favor. Es importante." He hissed. Just as he did, all hell broke loose just outside of cubicle 34, which had a new teacher. Eduardo Rodriguez, and Stevie Johnson were fighting, and a crowd had gathered around the two fighting senior class boys. Like most areas of Los Angeles, there were several gangs strewn throughout the school district, and the school wasn't exempt to gang fights. Especially between the K.O.S. and Coyotes, (Pronounced Koy-oh-tayes) which were the two main instigators of gang warfare at the school, and in the surrounding community. Sure, there were several lesser gangs, who had the same intensity of rivalry, but most of it was centered around these two in particular.



The whole class proved the theory of the human herding instinct, as a group, they collected outside of the small cubicle the class was being held in, to watch the melee going on outside.



All thoughts of the note forgotten, Michele pushed her way to the front of the group, and watched as the two gangbangers duked it out. Niether of them seemed to care that it was a direct violation of thier probation, and would probably be on house arrest from the time thier Parole officers had heard about it.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Michele came home later that night, after stopping off at Benito's house to pick up the second half of her english project, and was confronted by her mother, who yelled at her in rapid spanish.



"¡¿Y dónde era usted, Michele!?" Teresa Cervantes demanded, as soon as Michele walked in the door. The girl put her keys in her pocket and said, "Estabo en la casa de Benito, acabando mi proyecto para la clase inglesa, por mañana, mamá." Rolling her eyes, she dropped her purse onto the counter, and walked past her brother, Juan, who was busily playing Nintendo Game Cube on the floor with his friends from school.



"Oy, Juan. Pare el jugar que videojuego estúpido y ayúdeme a lavar los platos. ¡Ahora!" Michele called, running some water in the sink.



The dark haired twelve year old blatantly ignored his older sister. "I said, move it, Hermanito." She glared at her younger brother, over the counter, to get the point across, and he reluctantly put his game controller into the hands of his friend, Mike, and got up to wash dishes.



"Why do I have to help you, anyway? It's not like you need it. You can do it by yourself." He grumbled, as Michele passed him a plate to dry off and set on the rack next to the sink.



She rolled her eyes. "Porque le dije ayudarme. Why do little boys like you ask stupid questions?" She shot back, smirking. Growling incoherently about 'older sisters', he continued to dry dishes with little complaint.



Michele finished her half of the dishes, and moved on to cleaning her room, which was in dire need of it. However, on her bed, she found a strange, pink, dusty book, with a note attached to it, when she went to make it, so her mother wouldn't complain. She picked up the book, and tore the small post-it-note, off of the front, and read the archaically scrawled english.



"You have been chosen as my successor. Take my advice... be careful.

Signed: Wouldn't you like to know."



She rolled her eyes. "If this is some sort of gag set up by Joaquin, it's the lamest one I've seen in my life. If you're setting up some kind of 'candid camerá' thing, I'm not laughing." She mumbled, looking at the cover, which looked very precisely decorated... like someone had taken a really long time decorating everything. So, it probably wasn't the work of one of the local gangs, trying to plant some sort of bomb that they'd figured out how to make over the internet.



Besides, the lock on the side had no telltale marks or scratches to tell that it had been tampered with anyway.



She stared at the cover for a moment, shrugged, and opened it, looking for traces of it being wired, or having a camera.



"Quienquiera está mirando, yo no soy divertido..." She sing songed, taking the deck of intricately designed cards from the hollow space within the book, to search for any traces of wiring. Satisfactorily finding nothing, she replaced the deck, but took the top card off of it, and flipped it over, to admire the work.



"Someone must've had a lot of free time on thier hands to draw something this good." She looked at the drawing, and nodded. "The windy, eh? Not your typical tarot card thing "



She trailed off as a sequence of events happened in a rather short period of time.



First... the card in her hand started to glow, and so did the deck in the book.

Second... a huge rune circle formed beneath her feet, and a lot of wind started to blow, totally startling her.

Third... all the cards disappeared, besides the one in her hand, when the wind picked them up, and they shot out the open window and the roof of the house.



Startled, Michele dropped to her knees, staring at the card in her hand. "W... what happened?"



So lost was she in her shock, she never noticed the forgotten book glowing, or the tall, winged, male figure appearing from the book.



"... N.. no way." She muttered, staring at the card.



"I'm sorry, miss. But you'll have to put your disbelief to rest, because you have a bigger problem on your hands, than just worrying about whether what just happened was real or not."



Michele looked up.



And found a hand clamped over her mouth to keep her from screaming.