Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Facets - Syaoran Version ❯ Trying to Cope ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
"You had to kill her...didnt you?" The young boy stated, as he stood up, letting her lifeless body go. Silently, he said to himself "I cannot forgive myself now...I can only die in battle now..."

"You cannot defeat me. Many have failed, you, my boy, have failed already." The dark figure seemly said. Though it echoed thoughout the room, as if it could've came from the figure, but didnt.

"I cannot fail now...I shall not let you win." The boy reiniterated.

"That is where you are wrong boy. You may not know it, but I have killed you many times already. I know all your attacks. I know every last drop of life around you and in you. Do you honestly think that you will win if you do not even know my weakness?" The figure harshly stated. The boy swore in his breath, and he went into a fighting stance, his sword stained. "Then perish!"

The boy fell, a arrow within him. Just before his eyes closed eternally, he grabbed and held the hand of his beloved girl. He then ever so slowly died.

---------------------

Facets
Trying to Cope

By AnimeGamer

---------------------

"It has been only yesterday from this tragic event, and the world community is now behind the United States. Clothes, food, and whatever is needed is already in New York from not just within the U.S. but from other countries as well, including Britain, France, and Japan."

"When will they stop talking about it?" Sakura stated, as she started to sniffle. The first indications she is going to cry again.

"I dont know..." Syaoran replied, putting his arms around her, conforting her.

Sakura brought his face to hers, her eyes now filled with hope. "I hope one day whoever did this will be caught, and then maybe that nightmare will go away."

Syaoran then kinda looked away in horror. Suddenly, the dream hit him like a hammer, her face full of hope...before her death, right in front of his feet.

"Syaoran? What's wrong?" Sakura asked.

"Nothing...it's just...I thought I smell something burning..." Syaoran stated. 'Whew...I cant let her know...not yet.'

The stove was smoking. "HOEEEEEEEEE....." Sakura yelled out with a leap, and stopped the stop as fast as a comet. She pulled out the food she was cooking, which was badly burned."Hoeeeee...I'll never be as good of a cook as my dad..." Sakura sighed, and she placed the burned food on the table.

"Dont worry, you will one day." Syaoran assured her, putting his arms around her again.

"Oh man, the gaki is here again." A familer voice suddenly said, breaking whatever romantic mood that was building. 'Oh no...why did he have to ruin the mood.' Syaoran thought.

Syaoran stared at the "stuffed animal" while it stared back. "Kero...what's wrong?" Sakura asked, ignoring the staring contest.

"Something is wrong...OH MY GOD..." Kero drooped over the burned food.

"Is that all you came down here to say?" Syaoran asked.

"No you gaki. I also was going to say that the magicial forces are shifting." Kero stated.

"How so Kero?" Sakura asked.

"It's starting to weaken." Kero said with no bit of importance in it.

"What? It's weakening? That's bad!" Syaoran stated.

"What does that mean Syao-chan?" Sakura asked.

"It means that the magicial seal made by the ancient ones, one of them namely Clow Reed himself, is weakening. Once it's weakened enough, they say something named the Dark Dragoon will be unleashed thoughout the world." Syaoran remembered.

"Actually...the worlds." Kero stated absent-mindedly, still poking the burned food and saddened by it's terrible burnt state.

'The worlds?' Syaoran quickly gripped his hand around Kero and brought him to near his face.

"Spit it stuff animal! What do you know that we dont?" Syaoran angrily asked.

"Stop squeezing me and I'll tell you!" Kero managed to yelp out, and Syaoran simply dropped him. Kero landed on the floor, and slowly got back up, cursing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Apparently, not only will the Dark Dragoon will be unleashed, it will merge all the dimensions." Kero stated with seriousness.

"As in?" Sakura asked puzzled.

"Okay...think of it this way...in every dimension, there is supposed to be one Sakura-Chan and one Syaoran-Kun. Of course, they are differentated by the actions before them, and by them, and those around them. If they start to merge though, the world as we know it will no longer exist unless we stop this evil."

"I wonder if this has to do with anything about our dream..." Sakura asked herself softly. Naturally, Kero picked up on this.

"You had a dream Sakura?" Kero asked.

"Yes..." Sakura replied, her feelings from the dream returning. The pain, the suffering, the confusion, the fear, and most of all, the terror, came quickly back on her. She started to sniffle, and quickly burst into tears. Syaoran instinctively quickly put his arms around her to confort her.

"Kero...dont ask Sakura again...she's still suffering the mental effects of the dream...to be honest...I'am too..." Syaoran said.

"*sniffle* really? *sniffle*" Sakura looked at Syaoran, whom looked back.

"Yeah..." Syaoran replied. "I think you still have to cook dinner for everyone..."

"Oh...yeah...I forgot...arigato...I'll be right back..." Sakura said, wiping her tears away and heading into the kitchen.

"Since you had the dream too, why dont you enlighten me?" Kero asked.

"...Alright...did you hear about the terrorist attack on America?" Syaoran wondered.

"Yeah...the news of it has been all over the place, why?" Kero wondered where Syaoran was getting at.

"Well,the dream was about me and her on those towers. I was in the first tower that got hit, Sakura in the other. The sight was horrible...and when that second plane hit, Sakura flew out of the tower and crashed into my tower in front of my feet...then...then...that's it." Syaoran ended abruptly.

"Finish it Syaoran. Then what?" Kero pressed.

"She died...right in front of my eyes...the look on her face...the look of hope...with blood all over her, and yet she looked up to me in hope...and then she died..." Syaoran barely managed to pull back his tears. "I will never be able to forget that look...ever..."

"I see...well, we better head to the dinner table. It's best to eat." Kero said as he started to fly to the kitchen.

"Kero?" Syaoran said as he stood up. Kero stopped mid-flight and turned around.

"Hmm?" Kero asked.

"Dont tell her...please...it'll only make her sadder...and I dont want her to be sad at all..." Syaoran stated.

"Alright. Let's go eat now." Kero said, as he flew in the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Syao-chan..."

"What is it Sake-chan?

"What are we going to do?"

Syaoran tightened his hug with Sakura, as they laid on a grass hill overlooking the city.

"We are going to stop it from happening..." Syaoran simply answered.

"How? We dont even know where this seal is..." Sakura replied.

"Well...the stuffed animal said that it's somewhere in Tokyo. So we might start there."

"Okay...anyway, were you scared? In the dream?"

"Not really...but it was at the end of the dream."

"The end of the dream?"

"Yeah...it's almost curfew, even though we are 17, it wouldn't be nice if we are caught out here..."

"*sigh* okay...."

The two got up, and then they just stood in front of each other. The hill made them look at each other eye to eye. They slowly closed their eyes and their lips touched, and then locked on to each other. The taste of chocolate flew though Sakura's sense of taste, the scent of the forest surrounding her and attacking her sense of smell. They broke away and they silently left, holding each other's hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Syaoran stood outside Sakura's window. The light was on, indicating she was still awake. He was about to knock on the window but then he saw her sit up, and Kero started to hover mid-air. He obviously couldnt make out what they were talking about. So Syaoran stayed where he was, outside the window, on the tree. All of a sudden, she put her arms around herself and started to cry. A few moments later she laid down on her bed and started to cry on her pillow face down. Syaoran couldnt hold it in no more, and silently cried, and cursed himself.

"You didnt keep your promise Kero..." Syaoran silently said, as Kero saw him though the window, a face of shame on it. Syaoran then leapt away, and walked home, hiding his tears.

------------------

Hmm...not much to say here...just review! One more thing, this is the Syaoran Version which means that if you want to see Sakura's POV, go to www.fanfiction.net and find the story at the CCS fanfic section. Also, please review, just so I know people are reading. I mean, I write and post because I want to, but I just want to know...because to me, there really is no point to post if no one is going to read. So please review, thank you.

-AnimeGamer
-Silver (Ag+)