Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Feverishly Perfect ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Hi! I hope the story has been going smoothly, except for the very unscheduled revising of the Prologue. Sorry about this glitch, the title was all wrong and I forgot to fix it. I suggest you go read it…and if you see anything wrong, please tell me! 0^^0

*

=============================================

[Sometimes , we wonder whether Sakura-chan -is- perfect. She has the looks, the guys, a happy family, and almost everything seems to revolve around her. What happens when she gets sick? Will it destroy her, or make her life even more perfect than before? Let us find out… [SxS] PLS R/R!]

Feverishly Perfect

Written by Semmerie

"Sakura-chan, wake up!" Gaining no response, Tomoyo sighed and started dragging Sakura's almost lifeless body up and out of the exit. "Uggh, my aching body…Sakura, you owe me one for this…"

She reached into her beg and pulled out her portable phone.

"This is Tomoyo…Touya? Something's wrong with Sakura…"

==============================================

The phone rang loudly in the Kinomoto Residence. "I'll get the phone!" Touya sighed resignedly, put a bookmark on his current page in his textbook, and picked up "the crazy clump of plastic" on the dining table.

"Moshi moshi, Touya speaking."

He paused.

"Oh, hi Tomoyo… May I be of any help?"

"Touya, this is urgent! Something…well, something happened to Sakura."

His breath caught in his throat.

"I'll be right there!"

He quickly said goodbye and slammed the receiver down. Then, Touya grabbed Yukito by the hand and dragged him out of the house, jumping bicycle and dumping Yukito on his. His friend looked at him inquisitively. Why in the world were they on their bikes in the first place? Then, Touya gave the command.

"Yukito, head to the alley beside Block 203, now!"

"Touya, what's wrong?" Yukito desperately tried to keep hold of his hat while keeping up with Touya at the same time. "What happened?"

Touya stopped, facing his friend with a serious expression.

"I've got no time to explain everything now, Yuki. What I know is that Sakura's in trouble, and we've got to help her!"

Then he started cycling, and Yukito, with the unbalanced hat and all, started cycling after him again.

"You know, we could have used your motorbike, Touya."

Touya sighed in exasperation and glared at his silver-haired friend.

"I could have used that piece of advice earlier, you know."

==============================================

Tomoyo heaved Sakura up for the umpteenth time that afternoon. Sakura was especially heavy, even for her small size, and her best friend was having a hard time dragging her around.

Finally dumping Sakura on the ground and sitting down beside her, Tomoyo checked her temperature once again.

This is much too hot. Come on, the fever should have gone down by now…

She sighed again and worriedly glanced at the unconscious form of her friend. Touya had better hurry up, or he was going to get it! She looked around impatiently for any sign of Sakuras brother.

Tomoyo looked at her wristwatch and her face paled.

I have only 2 hours till my date with Eriol-kun!

She looked around desperately. Oh, the things that had to go wrong in her life...

Suddenly, she had a great idea. Tearing her hang bag open, she pulled out all her emergency make-up accessories and put on makeup in huge blobs. She sure hoped that she would look fine, even if she didn't use a pocket mirror…

==============================================

"Come on Yukito, hurry up!"

Yukito pedalled faster, sweat already trickling down his face in rivers. He looked over at Touya, and a stress mark emerged when he realized that Touya was not even breaking a sweat.

I must be getting fat.

He sniffed to himself and pedalled even faster.

"I'm trying to!"

He looked up and scanned the next 5 block of flats, trying to spot the one labelled 203. Red block, blue block, yellow house…Suddenly, Yukito noticed something which made him raise his eyebrows.

"Touya?"

Touya was pedalling furiously, smoke trailing his path. "Yes?"

"This is Block 392. Didn't we pass Block 203 a long 10 minutes ago?"

Touya looked around. Seeing nothing but a long line of buildings each starting with the numeral 3, he sweat-dropped and looked over at Yukito sheepishly.

"I guess I pedalled a bit too fast."

Yukitos eyes flashed dangerously and he slithered like a snake up to Touya, pinning him to the wall.

"What did you say?" He growled and started twisting Touya's arm into an awkward position. Touya smiled nervously; Yukito scowled.

"I guess--"

"You mean to say that I pedalled for so long, and so fast, all for nothing?!"

Touya gulped and tried to pry Yukito off him, but to no avail. Yukito snarled.

"You owe me one, Touya."

Yukito then got back on his bike and started pedalling faster than ever, leaving Touya miles behind, still leaning against the brick wall.

"I'll race you there!"

=============================================

Tomoyo was still dabbing on her makeup.

Sakura was still in a state of unconsciousness.

Let's go back to Touya and Yukito, shall we?

=============================================

Ten minutes later

When Yukito and Touya finally arrived at Block 203, they saw Tomoyo and Sakura sitting, or in Sakuras case, lying on a bench beside Penguin Park.

Parking both of their bikes at a corner, they both ran over to the two girls.

"Well, what's wrong?"

Tomoyo gave them a look which plainly said: "You can see for yourself."

"We got chased by a dog and Sakura just fainted. Now, she's running a really high fever and I can't lower the temperature, no matter how I try…"

Tomoyo held up the sopping handkerchief as proof.

Yukito smiled at Tomoyo.

"Don't worry. As soon as we get her home, Sakura will be fine! Thanks for taking care of her. Shouldn't you be getting home?"

Tomoyo remembered exactly why she put on makeup.

"Oh yes, I have only half and hour till dinner with Eriol…"

Realizing what she just said, she blushed. "Well, I'd better be getting home soon. Bye!" Tomoyo chuckled nervously and she disappeared in a flash.

Touya looked at Yukito and shrugged. "If the chinese gaki did not convince you thoroughly, here is proof that Sakura makes really weird friends." Yukito looked at Sakura, and then at the disappearing form of Tomoyo.

"Suspicions confirmed, Touya"

===============================================

Soon, Yukito and Touya managed to carry Sakura home. After a few hours, Yukito left, and now Touya and Fujitaka are eating dinner at the dining table. Sakura is still unconscious.

The table was silent.

Touya absent-mindedly meddled with the dollop of mashed potatoes on his plate and Fujitaka shuffled around in his seat, starting a conversation.

"So, how was school?"

"Fine," Touya mumbled. "We won the basketball tournament 3-2. Yukito came over today, but he left because he had homework to do."

Fujitaka nodded. "By the way," He started to clear his plate and put it into the basin. "Where's Sakura?"

Touya's eyes widened a little and he almost choked on his string beans.

"I forgot about her!"

He started to drag Fujitaka up the stairs frantically. "Otou-san, you have to take a look at her, she suddenly came down with something and I have no idea what it is, and I also can't do anything to help, she's up in her room right now--"

"All right, all right." Touya's father interrupted his flow of speech before he had a change to continue. "I'll call a doctor." Touya nodded and they trudged back down the stairs to the telephone.

=========================================

I'm so dizzy…what happened?

Sakura dazedly opened her eyes, but she soon shut them again when she was greeted with a blinding flash of white light, invading the peaceful darkness which she was now used to.

I guess I'll stay with my eyes closed for a while.

Sakura sighed. Suddenly, she heard a door open and she felt a moist piece of cloth on her forehead.

"She has a bit of a fever…"

Sakura fought of her throbbing headache and strained her ears further, and soon, she could hear brief snatches of their conversation.

"Will she be fine, doctor?"

"I think she will…just a fever, sore throat-I think she has the flu. Nothing else to be worried about, so I think your daughter will be fine if she gets some rest. Sakura, is it?"

A brief pause and a cough.

"Yes. Sakura Kinomoto…she was named after the cherry blossoms."

"I see…"

Sakura felt cold metal, a stethoscope maybe, being pressed onto her chest, and the cloth on her forehead was replaced with an ice-pack.

"Alright, I think that's it-no, wait, I think I see something…"

A shuffle and the clearing of a throat.

"Well? What is it?"

Sakura suddenly got cut off. They must have gone outside…She strained her ears even further, but she couldn't even hear a thing. But soon, her efforts were rewarded as a loud noise sliced through the brief silence like a knife through hot butter.

"WHAT!?"

Sakura almost chuckled had she not been assaulted in another bout of dizziness. So, her unfeeling onni-san did have a soft spot for her…she was getting worried though. From the way Touya shouted like that, it couldn't have been some small flu or bug. Was it something more serious? Unfortunately, Sakura couldn't dwell on it for long as her headache returned anew, with more force than before. Then, the conversation started again.

"Has anyone in your family had it before?"

"Well, no. Sakura seems to be the first one to get it…"

"I see. She'll have to stay in bed for around 4 weeks, with plenty of rest-no doubt, but I'm afraid that she will have to be in quarantine. I suggest you get someone who has had it, preferably from outside, a close friend maybe, to watch over her."

"Consider it as done."

So, it was a doctor. Sakura wondered briefly who it was.

"Ah yes. She will have to take daily doses of this…this…this…this…and this. There are instruction sheets in every box, and they will tell you approximately what time she should take them, etc. Keep them refrigerated. And before I forget the cream…"

The unzipping of a bag.

"It will help her ease the irritation. It will be uncomfortable, but ask her to bear with it. I will come here twice a week to check Sakura up."

Then there was silence. Sakura supposed that they were seeing the doctor out of the house…but then, there was this problem of what sickness she had. The apprehension was killing her, and Sakura's head burst with questions, not to mention her headache.

Dizziness overtook her again and Sakura was about to fall yet another time into a dreamless sleep, but the sound of her door opening (A/N: Yet again! ^^) stopped her.

The ice pack was removed.

Sakura heard repeated thumps below her, which sounded like a person stomping. Or was it walking? She was too sleepy to notice…

"Stop pacing Touya, this isn't going to help anything."

"How could we surrender Sakura to outsiders of all people? I mean, all the friends the kaijuu makes are mindless freaks and nobodies, and they would bumble up everything! I think we should take care of her. We could wear surgical masks, wear sterilised suits, and even breathe through a gas tank! It wouldn't spread to us--"

"It will, Touya, and don't you forget it. If we take care of her, we will get it too, and it wouldn't help the situation much, would it? You heard what the doctor said, and we had better follow it, deemed safe or not!"

"But, Otou-san!"

"Don't 'but otou-san' me, young boy!"

A string of curses and the shuffling of feet.

"Sorry."

Sakura thought this was getting really pointless. She would find what she got in the morning. Her exhausted mind heaved and broke down into a deep sleep. The words went on though, echoing in Sakuras ears.

"But, Otou-san, I think that we should--"

"Touya, even if Sakura has chicken-pox, it won't necessarily kill her if we let someone else take care of her for once!"

CHICKEN-POX?!

Sakura's mind jolted awake and her once emerald eyes, now a tired viridian from lack of sleep, shot open and she sat up with a snap, almost slamming into her father.

"I have chicken-pox!?"

Her father nodded amusedly and Sakura slumped back into her pillow, which was now propped up on her back. He had guessed that Sakura was listening in the whole time…

"Oh, my aching head…"

Touya suddenly burst into the room, holding a dripping towel in one hand and a basin in the other. Slapping the cloth onto Sakura's still burning forehead, he sighed and checked her temperature.

"Still 29˚C."

He fell back into his chair and looked at his father.

"I still think that Sakura should be taken care of by us. I mean, she would still be more comfortable around family…"

Fujitaka gave his son a half-hearted glare and Touya winced.

"I'll ask Sakura when she wakes up. We'll let her decide."

Sakura, who was watching the exchange of word with wide eyes, raised her eyebrows. Couldn't her onni-san see that she was already awake?

"Well, it's the doctors orders that she is under quarantine, but you could ask her now for fun anyway…"

Touya looked puzzled. "Why now? She's still asleep…"

Sakura chuckled at her brother's expression. She looked down at her arms. Strange though, she was starting to feel a bit itchy…

Fujitaka pointed to Sakura.

Touya's eyes widened as he realized that Sakura was already awake.

Sakura's eyes also widened when she realized that her hand were covered with spots.

Then, the two siblings both simultaneously lost control on their voice-boxes.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

======================== ====================

"Otou-san, please tell me that I will be able to get rid of these spots…"

"They will all be gone in two weeks. Stop scratching, Sakura."

Sakura sulked.

"But, otou-san, surely it will take less time than that?"

"It's the course of nature, Sakura." Fujitaka replied and watched Sakura finish her milk and honey.

Meanwhile, Touya was fuming downstairs as he tried to dial every one of Sakura's friends. In his mind, he immediately omitted Syaoran's name, but now, it seemed to be the only choice. The list was steadily getting shorter, and there was not even a single thing that he could do about it…

Rika Sasaki.

"Sorry, but I've got cram school everyday. Some other time, okay?"

Chiharu.

"Sakura's taken ill!? Oh…I wish I could come over, but I'm staying over at my grandmother's for the week."

Yamazaki Takashi.

"Chicken-pox, is it? I haven't had it before, so I can't help. I'm dreadfully sorry…"

And so on and so on. He only had two numbers left…Touya's fingers almost trembled as he dialled the numbers on the pad. Please, let this be it…

Eriol Hiiragazawa.

"Oh, I see. I could help, but I have this…dinner meeting with some long time friends of mine. They will be staying over for the next three weeks."

Touya was up to the last number in the list. Okay, second last number, but Syaoran was already out of the question. Wasn't he?

"Moshi moshi, Tomoyo speaking."

Touya explained everything to her.

"Well…"

Touya started praying to God.

Come on, Tomoyo…I promise I won't call you or any of Kaijuus friends' freaks behind their backs ever again…

"I think I will be able to."

Touya silently whooped as the most blessed words of all time reached his ears. Now, all he had to do was double check all the arrangements-

"Not for the second week, though. I'll be on an overseas tour in Hawaii for the week. Sorry…I have to rush now, or I'll be late. Bye!"

Touya cursed and hung up. What about the second week?!

The Chinese Gaki?! No way in hell….

Touya slammed the phone back on its receiver and started upstairs. He had to beg otou-san not to let this brat enter the house, he had to!

===============================================

Guess this scene.

Tomoyo nibbled her croissant daintily and her delicate face frowned once again as she looked up at the ivory-made wall clock which adorned the wall of the peaceful, yet bustling café.

Eriol was 22 seconds late. She had always been a stickler for time; she favoured being right on the dot, or better yet, early. Tomoyo mindlessly stared out of the window. Maybe she shouldn't have taken such care in donning herself up for this...since he wasn't going to come, anyway.

I shouldn't have taken it so seriously…

She flicked a loose string of jet black hair out of her eyes and went to the counter to pay the bill. But when she looked out of the window for the last time…she saw something that made her stop.

It seemed that a brown and black snowball was making its way towards the entrance of the café. Tomoyo curiously leaned forward for a better look. It was Eriol! Her face cracked into a smile she unconsciously sighed in relief. Well, at least she didn't have to foot the bill. It was Sakura's most important piece of advice…

Eriol plopped down beside her and ordered a strong cup of coffee. Tomoyo, who was looking at him curiously, almost burst out in laughter. His normally neat cerulean hair was in a mess, pretty much like Syaorans, she noted, and his glasses were askew. Getting a tad inquisitive, she popped the question.

"What happened?"

Eriols head snapped towards hers and he looked like he'd seen her for the first time. Where had all his charm gone!? He would have liked to know…

"Erm…I was making m-my way here, when I accidentally bumped into this gangster and sprayed my drink all over him. He started chasing me, and well…the disaster continued from there. Even though you're my…date, don't ask. I'm not in the mood for it."

Tomoyo laughed. "Alright…" She smiled and Eriol could barely keep himself from blushing. She looked absolutely dazzling…

"You'd better clean yourself up though, you look a mess." She giggled and not noticing what she was doing, reached out and straightened Eriol's glasses for him.

Now, I definitely know that what sense that I have left has been unceremoniously poured down the drain…

Eriol blushed uncontrollably and stood up.

"Yes, I think I'd better…"

By that time, Tomoyo had already realized what she just did and her face shone a light pink.

I can't believe I did that!

Seeing Eriol staring at her, she quickly turned away and forced herself to calm down.

You're a sensible, calm, collected and in control…there is no way that you would blush in the midst of a boy!

Well, not if he's the most handsome, cute, and the greatest guy around…

===============================================

Sak ura groaned and her emerald eyes looked longingly at her hands, which were now covered with dark red spots.

"Can't I even scratch once?" She moaned and Kero sighed.

"Because, it would leave a scar and you would look like a two-faced freak by the time this is over, Sakura."

No response.

"Sakura?"

Kero turned around and found Sakura rummaging her Sakura Book. "What are you doing?!" He flew up to her and started waving his arms in the air.

"If you can't beat them, join them, Kero-chan. Can't you see that I'm getting out the Erase Card?"

Kero crossed his arms. "You're not supposed to use these cards for your own personal needs, Sakura. Besides,--"

"Erase card, release!"

Sakura did use the Erase card, but the spots still remained, as real as ever. Kero smirked.

"Your magic wouldn't be strong enough to complete the process, anyway."

Sakura sulked and flopped down onto the bed, punching a pillow in anger. Trying to make Sakura feel better, Kero tried to reason with her. "Look, it's no big deal, Sakura. All you have to do is rest for a while and soon, your life will be back to normal!" Sakura stopped punching her pillow and glared at him venomously.

Unfortunately, that was not the correct thing to say to an emotionally disturbed and sleep deprived youth.

Sakura's back stiffened and her eyes flashed menacingly.

"How could you, Kero-chan!?"

Kero inched back cautiously.

"I'm going to miss 14 days of school with Syaoran-kun, have stupid spots which itch terribly and an everlasting headache, and it's no big deal!?"

Sakura snarled and a pillow beside her suddenly shone pink, the colour of her aura. Kero started sweating.

If she's going to do what I think she's going to do…

"I'll show you what it's like…"

The pillow shot forward with unimaginable force and slammed Kero in the face.

"Owww…"

"Don't worry," Sakura smiled evilly. "The next thing I'm going to throw is going to be much, much harder…"

Kero used his common sense and took refuge behind one of Sakura's favourite shojuo-manga.

*BOOM* *CRASH* *BANG*

Downstairs, Fujitaka looked up at the ceiling.

"Did you hear that?"

Touya shrugged, eyes twitching. "No, what are you talking about?"

Sakura and her stupid stuffed animal…

===============================================

Back at the café, Tomoyo and Eriol were having an extremely uncomfortable time.

"You can't be serious!" The waiter just shrugged.

"Sorry, sir, but you are the 100th couple seen here at the Mocha Café and you are entitled to only one extra-huge drink, which you guys are inclined to share." The waiter winked and slammed the huge glass onto their table.

In which two straws were embedded.

Eriol and Tomoyo blushed and each started sipping the extremely large glass of cappuccino. And every single time they looked up, they only blushed harder.

Gods, our faces are only inches away…

If I am in here for just one minute longer, I will erupt in a gigantic nose-bleed.

After finishing the last of their drink, they both shot out of the café. Their fast footsteps pattered loudly in the silence, and the street lamps illuminated their figures, show them that they were the only ones out.

"Well, where are we going now?" Tomoyo asked Eriol. He looked up, and pushed his midnight blue bangs back with his hand.

"Let's just walk around…we could both use some fresh air. Is that okay with you?"

Tomoyo smiled. "Of course it is!"

"Ok…" They both continued to walk, passing by Penguin Park, their school, and finally, Tomoyo's house.

After walking for a few minutes, Eriol turned to Tomoyo.

"I guess you'd better get home."

Tomoyo looked at him. Somehow, she didn't want the walk to end…something seemed missing, like a missing piece in a jigsaw puzzle. She shook off the feeling and walked up to her door, Eriol behind her. When they were about to say goodbye, Eriol summoned up all his courage and spoke up.

"Tomoyo, can I ask you something?"

She looked expectantly at him.

"What is it?"

Eriol gulped.

Now is the time to ask her. Come on, you can do this…

"C-could…could you…"

His hands started sweating and his mind swept into turmoil. Fortunately, his mouth kept going.

"Tomoyo, could you be my girlfriend?"

Tomoyo blinked and started at Eriol. His dark cerulean eyes, midnight blue hair and kind face…suddenly, everything seemed to slow down. She unconsciously closed her eyes…

Then…She swept forward and gave him a passionate kiss.

Eriol started blushing and soon, Tomoyo pulled back, in the same predicament.

"Of course…"

Eriol gawked at her. Somehow, it didn't seem real. Could it be true?

"Really…?"

Tomoyo nervously smiled. "Of course, do you think I'm joking?"

Eriol smiled back at her and he gave her a quick peck on her cheek.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that…" Tomoyo blushed like a tomato and fumbling with her keys, unlocked the door.

"I guess this is goodbye, Eriol."

Eriol gave her a goofy grin and blew her a kiss.

"Goodnight."

Tomoyo closed the door swiftly and leaned on it for support, trying to force her mind to register what happened in the last few minutes.

Now, I am officially the girlfriend of Eriol Hiiragazawa…

She smiled to herself and went of to her bedroom.

At least I found the missing jigsaw puzzle.

Outside, Eriol was dancing around like a love-sick fool.

"She said yes! Can you believe it? She said yes!"

His sanity had gone down the toilet, too.

===============================================

Kero barely escaped Sakura's wrath.

Using all his strength, he had transformed into Cerberus, the almighty Sun Guardian of the Cards and with one mighty swipe, rendered her unconscious.

Though it was partly considered cheating, it was the only thing he could do. Hey, how long would you take to die if you had one angry Sakura Mistress using her magic to throw pillows, books, and clocks, a.k.a. anything in sight at you? Not for long, no doubt about that.

Now in his stuffed animal form, Kero flew down the stairs in the dead of the night and landed on the dining table. Looking around suspiciously and confirming that there was no one there, he picked up the phone and dialled a number.

Let him be awake, please…

"Moshi moshi, this is Li Syaoran…"

Kero bent down low and whispered as soft as he could.

"Hey kid, this is Kero. I need, and I mean really need, to stay over at your house tonight. I know that we haven't really been on good terms, but these are desperate times, and they called for desperate measures. What's the problem you say? I'll explain it when I arrive. Thanks. Bye."

He gently put the phone back on the receiver and pried the kitchen window open.

Hope Sakura will not be too angry in the morning. I wonder whether the gaki will let me stay for the whole week…I'll go ask him.

And he flew up and off into the night, never to be seen again…at least until morning.

To Be Continued

==============================================

Semmerie< /b>: This is what I call an extra long chapter.

1) My hands hurt.

2) This is 18 pages long.

I know the date consisting of the dynamic blue duo was a flop, but I guess you would understand, and I'm bad at writing romance, funnies, angst…*runs on a list of genres* By the way, is anyone in the same situation as me? On every fanfic I read, all the apostrophes turn into little boxes and symbols, and it really ticks me off. Is it my computer, or am I delusional? …TT. As always, please review, and thanks so much for the feedback! I could say more...*looks at the dark faces of disapproving readers and sweat-drops* But, it's getting really late. Bye!

^^ << >> ^^ << >> ^^ >> ^^