Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Feverishly Perfect ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sometimes, we wonder whether Sakura-chan really is perfect. She has the looks, the guys, a happy family, and almost everything seems to revolve around her. What happens when she gets chicken-pox? Will it destroy her, or make her life even more perfect than before? Let us find out… [SxS] PLS R/R!

Feverishly Perfect (Chapter 2)

Written By Semmerie

--------------------------------------------

D isclaimer: I do not own Cardcaptor Sakura or any of its characters… T.T

Semmerie- Hello again! I hope I've done better in this chapter, cause in my opinion, the last two were not really that good.

*

*starts sulking for no reason* …I want chocolate…

----------------------------------------------------- < p>There's something strange about you today, Sakura, even if we or you don't know about it. I feel that it's going to rear its ugly head very soon…

As usual, Syaoran was overestimating the situation again. He was always too serious for his own good…

Maybe we should introduce Syaoran-kun to the benefits of yoga-classes…

------------------------------------------------ ------

Sakura idly flicked a loose lock of hair from her forehead for the hundredth time. Terada-sensei was rambling about circles, circumferences, radii, and other what-nots again…she sighed and let her mind wander. Besides, it was a Friday, and Terada-sensei would revise his lesson again on the following Monday anyway… Her eyelids gradually drooped and she slumped down onto her desk, steadily slipping away into a deep sleep.

"Sakura Kinomoto! Would you care to repeat my last sentence?"

Sakura's forest-green eyes snapped open, and she blinked furiously at her teacher, trying to decipher what he just said. Last sentence?! What in the world is he talking about?

Oh…As realization dawned upon her, she reluctantly stood up, leaning on her desk, face an expression of uncontained nervousness. This was not good…

I am so unlucky! First barely escaping the school bell, now this!? That big guy up there definitely has something going for me…

"I'm waiting, Kinomoto…"

Her train of thought abruptly screeched to a stop. Suddenly noticing almost 40 pairs of eyes staring expectantly at her, she blushed and made a fumbling attempt to start a sentence…

"Err…t-the circumference of a circle c-can be o-obtained by m-multiplying t-the…um…"

Having run out of words to say, she sheepishly stared and the floor, finding her shoes very interesting to watch.

Behind her, Syaoran sighed audibly and decided to bail her out. After all, which guy would let his good friend suffer at the hands of a vicious, rabid teacher? Not him, definitely.

Wait a minute, since when did Sakura become your "good" friend?

WHAT!?

Syaoran blushed and squashed that thought to pieces, warning it that if it ever came up again, it would suffer a violent and painful death.

After threatening the thought for a few minutes, he remembered the plight that Sakura was in and he concentrated his magical powers, penetrating Sakura's mind with ease. Sakura had better listen to him…

-----------------------------------------------

Sakura!

Sakura tensed, and answered back cautiously.

Who are you?

Syaoran groaned to himself. Time was running out here, and she was asking him who he was?

It's Syaoran. If you want to get out of Terada-Sensei's ever growing wrath, repeat after me. The circumference of a circle can be obtained by multiplying the pi with the radius…

Sakura successfully managed to do this, all the while cowering under Terada-Sensei's smoldering gaze.

"-and multiplying it again by the radii…" Finishing her last sentence, Sakura looked up at her teacher.

"Good. You may sit down now, Kinomoto." Terada-Sensei turned back to teaching. Strange, he could have sworn that Sakura had been dozing off…

Sakura let go a breath that she had been holding and sat down quickly.

Thank you, Syao-kun!

Syaoran flashed three shades of red.

Don't worry about it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Time passed by quickly. Syaoran, not forgetting that morning's incident, was quietly observing Sakura from a corner.

Tomoyo, however, was in her normal happy-go-lucky state, and she followed Sakura around like a bee to honey, filming her every move with a small portable camera attached to a necklace on her neck. Kotaru-kun, still not forgiving her for the hair-incident, glared at her occasionally. Tomoyo ignored him.

And let's not forget the great Eriol Hiiragazawa…who had been grinning like a Cheshire cat throughout the day. His dark cerulean eyes were aglow with laughter and mirth, annoying his cute descendant to no end. Why was he so happy? Was it because of his date with Tomoyo that evening? No one shall ever know…

"Hello, my cute little descendant!" Syaoran snarled and gave him a dark glare. Eriol smirked. He had just arrived in Japan the last week, and he had a lot of catching up to do…especially with a certain Syaoran Li.

Sakura watched amusedly. Although she didn't always admit it, those two looked funny when trying to cut off each others throats. But at certain times, when it went overboard, it was just plain irritating. Such as now…

"I repeat, I am not, cannot, and will never be your cute descendant!" Syaoran huffed and slapped his forehead in a gesture of mock agony. "My ancestors would never, ever behave like this…it would be embarrassing the whole clan!"

Eriol seemed unaffected and shot back a retort of his own. "And I'm sure; that none of my cute descendants would ever behave like this…it would embarrass the whole clan!" His lips curled up into a smile when Syaoran immediately turned around, eyes like thunder.

Syaoran's hair bristled and he swiftly locked eyes with Eriol, eyes flashing. "If you would excuse me," he spat out indignantly, "You're the one who's embarrassing the clan, not me!"

"I think you're embarrassing the clan right now, cute descendant, losing your temper like that…"

Syaoran grabbed his collar, lifting him up a metre into the air. "What did you say?!"

Eriol's calm composure slowly dissolved. He, in turn, glared daggers at Syaoran. "I said that you were embarrassing the clan. Now put me down, or I shall be forced to use magic."

Sakura would have liked to see what would happen next, but she thought better of it. She strode up and planted herself into the center of their fight.

"Sakura…?"

Syaoran looked at her, eyes telling her to just get out of the way, but Sakura stayed as still as stone and started on a full blown Kinomoto lecture.

"I'm ashamed of you two! How could you just start fighting in the school grounds?! You, especially Syaoran! I thought you were much more matured than that!"

Her soft emerald eyes hardened into a piercing jade, and when she turned her gaze to Syaoran, he winced noticably. Eriol smirked.

"And you!" Sakura turned towards Eriol and gave him a glare, catching him by surprise. "Even though you're the great and conventional Clow Reed who made the Clow cards, you should not be using magic on public, of all places! More so, why did you go on taunting Syaoran when you knew it was going to end up like this!? I have a good mind to bash you up for doing that!"

And it went on and on and on, and when Sakura eventually calmed down, the two boys were steadily shuffling backwards, ready to make a quick escape if she blew up even further.

"Now, lets all eat lunch, shall we?" Sakura gave an innocent smile and both of them and they cautiously followed after her, Tomoyo still filming merrily.

"Sugoi ne, Sakura-chan, you were brilliant~!" Everybody sweat-dropped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now, let's eat!" Sakura popped a piece of sushi into her mouth hungrily. Then she ravenously gulped it down…and almost gagged.

Argh, my throat…

Easing the food down gently with her finger, Sakura smiled sheepishly at her friends. They had looked up at the sudden noise, and now, they were looking curiously at Sakura for an explanation. Sakura looked at them nervously/

"I just choked, that's all, nothing to worry about…" She laughed and popped another sushi into her open mouth, determined to show them that nothing was wrong. "See?"

Then, she gagged, again.

Kuso…I think I have a sore throat.

Sakura decided to do the sensible thing, and closed her lunch box.

"I'm full!"

Syaoran looked up at her suspiciously. How could she be full? She had barely eaten… Was she trying to lose weight or something? 5 day Detox?

"Are you kidding, Sakura? You've only eaten two sushi rolls, and you're full?"

"Err, yeah…" Sakura had an incredibly fake smile on her face, and she started laughing manically, making other students stare.

"Well, fine…" Syaoran eyed her for a few more seconds, and then went back to eating his lunch.

*RING*

After a few tense moments, the bell rang and soon the foursome went back to their classes.

-------------------------------------------------

Sakura winced and rubbed her growling tummy in pain.

I'm starving…and I can't even force anything into my throat!

She sighed in defeat and reluctantly stashed her lunchbox under her desk. If she had known that she would have felt this hungry, she would have stuffed all the food down her throat, painful or not, even if it meant a certain death…

*GROWL*

Her stomach let out a huge growl, right on cue.

Sakura groaned and leaned back on her chair. Well, it was too late now. Sakura prayed in her mind and sincerely hoped that she would survive the next few lessons without dieing.

Hey…

Seeing that her teacher wasn't in class, she reached towards her lunchbox, dragging it towards her. Should she do it?

*munch munch* *gulp* *groan of pain*

She definitely did.

Hastily closing her lunchbox, she munched on her food quickly and gulped it down, ignoring the stabs of pain in her abused throat and then, leaned back on her chair in satisfaction.

Ah, that's much better…

What she didn't know was that Syaoran was watching her all the while. His face an expression of puzzlement, he watched her gulping down the food with amazement.

I thought she said that she wasn't hungry, so why is she sneaking food now? There's definitely something wrong with her…

--------------------------------------------------------- -

"Genghis Khan was one of the greatest warriors of all time. Kublai Khan, who was his grandson, succeeded him as the Khan of Mongolia…"

Tomoyo listened attentively to her teacher's words, copying down notes and half-looking at Sakura from time to time, but in her heart, she was thinking of only one person…

Eriol.

Sakura and Syaoran always said that they were the perfect couple, complimenting each other with their identical shades of midnight hair and dark cerulean eyes, but she wasn't really that sure.

He and she seemed to have nothing in common…but at the same time, they were as identical as twins. Tomoyo liked to film Sakura, Eriol liked to tease Syaoran…but they worked together to make them fall in love.

Tomoyo was always happy, being optimistic even when the worst times came…Eriol behaved the same. His voice made most people feel at ease instantly, well not Syaoran, but most people…Tomoyo's also. Hey, wait a minute…why was she thinking about this?

Tomoyo chided herself for letting her thoughts slip away with her and turned back to the lesson.

Tonight, I shall find out everything.

-------------------------------------------------------

Soon, school ended and students were seen flooding the school field in their wake. Sakura, Syaoran, and Tomoyo walked home together, excluding Eriol, as he had taken a *ahem* quicker way by apparating home.

"Is there any homework today?"

Sakura looked up to the sky in thought, the breeze ruffling her auburn hair. "There are two assignments that Terada-sensei gave us…and pages 48-54 in our history book."

"Thanks!" Syaoran copied it down quickly and tucked the book in his bag. "I'll have to take leave now…see you!"

"See you too!" Sakura and Tomoyo waved after him as he turned around and walked down the street.

After he left, Tomoyo turned around, eyes sparkling. "You two are so KAWAII! By the way Sakura, Eriol and I are going to the nearby café for dinner tonight-and since you're the expert on this, after dating so many times with Syaoran-kun…give me some advice?"

Sakura's face flushed. "Tomoyo-chan…" she huffed, "What in the world makes you think that I'm the expert? Umm…well, if you really want it, here are some tips…"

Tomoyo and Sakura cheerfully walked down the street, chatting cheerfully.

-----------------------------------

"Oh yes, and Tomoyo-chan, let him pay the bill, ok?" Tomoyo smiled sheepishly. She did have this habit of treating everyone for time to time…

"Oh well…" Sakura kicked the pebbles at her feet every once in a while, watching it tumble down the cobble-stone sidewalk and crash into a tree.

"Why don't we stop at the ice-cream stall for some ice-cream?" Tomoyo asked.

Sakura remembered her sore throat and swallowed. "Err…Tomoyo-chan, I have this throat problem, so…"

"Let's go and browse some shops, then!" Sakura thought. Well… it wasn't going to affect her throat anyway… "Okay."

Tomoyo started dragging Sakura down the street in the opposite direction. "I just saw these fabulous boutiques on the other side of the street…you got to try them Sakura - OOF!"

In the middle of her sentence however, Tomoyo had accidentally stepped on a stray dog's tail. It immediately came towards Tomoyo, growling viciously.

Sakura slapped her forehead while Tomoyo frantically tried to calm the dog down.

"Nice Doggie, Sweet doggie…Leave us alone…"

It snarled, immediately breaking out into a full run and started to chase them down the sidewalk.

"Tomoyo!"

Now, it was Sakura's turn to drag a stunned Tomoyo down the street, stray dog snapping at their heels.

I'm getting tired…how long is this mutt going to chase us?

Sakura panted, sweat rolling down her forehead. Meanwhile, the dog was gaining rapidly. Dragging Tomoyo faster, she scanned the road for an escape route.

Aha!

Sakura spied an alley around the corner, and dragging Tomoyo inside as quickly as she could, they stayed inside, shaking with exhaustion, and watched the dog run past.

Tomoyo wiped the sweat off her forehead and dabbed it gently with a handkerchief. She turned to Sakura, who was unusually quiet. "Sakura?" She spotted her figure a few meters away and walked over.

----------------------------------------------------

"My gods, Sakura, are you okay!?"

Sakura's body was covered in sheen of sweat, and she was breathing laboriously, leaning on the concrete wall for support. Her face was as white as a ghost.

"Tomoyo-chan, I'm feeling dizzy…"

Tomoyo quickly rushed to her side and helped her up. "Come on…don't die on me, onegai!"

Tired…

Sakura smiled and weakly waved her hand in front of Tomoyo's face. "See? I'm perfectly…fine…" At that moment, her legs buckled and she slumped down, causing Tomoyo to stagger.

"Perfectly fine my foot." Tomoyo heaved her up again and put her hand to Sakura's forehead and immediately snatched it away, fanning it furiously. "Owch, Sakura, you're hot!"

"It's…it's just the weather…" Sakura stood up, or tried to, wincing with pain a headache started.

No, I'm not sick, I can't be…

Tomoyo's eyes shone in worry. "Come on, Sakura-chan, you're sick, admit it! How can you not be when even now, I have to drag you around?"

Sakura's vision swam again. "Fine…I am sick…" Her vision swam before her eyes.

Can't go on any longer…

Sakura fell to the ground, and all went black.

"Sakura-chan, wake up!" Gaining no response, Tomoyo sighed and started dragging Sakura's almost lifeless body up and out of the exit.

"Uggh, my aching body…Sakura, you owe me one for this…"

She reached into her beg and pulled out her portable phone.

"This is Tomoyo…Touya? Something's wrong with Sakura…"

To Be Continued

-------------------------------------------------------

Semmerie- …As you all know now… I stink at making Sakura sick. Please review, I want to see whether someone out there agrees with me on this concept. ;)

THANK YOU FOR READING, EVERYONE! :3