Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Feverishly Perfect ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sometimes, we wonder whether Sakura-chan really is perfect. She has the looks, the guys, a happy family, and almost everything seems to revolve around her. What happens when she gets chicken-pox? Will it destroy her, or make her life even more perfect than before? Let us find out… [SxS] PLS R/R!

Feverishly Perfect (Chapter 1)

Written By Semmerie

-------------------------------------------

Di sclaimer: I do not own Cardcaptor Sakura or any of its characters… T.T

Semmerie- Konnichiwa, Minna-San! How's the story so far? Exciting? Funny? Boring? Whatever it is, I hope you are enjoying it. ^^ My head's itchy…Argh! *scratches furiously*

-----------------------------------------------------

S he quickly unlocked the door, and ignoring glares from her seething onni-san, staggered back to her bedroom and collapsed on her bed, barely mumbling good-night to Kero before falling into a sweet slumber.

"Zzzzz… "

Little did she know, about the chaos that she was going to meet the next morning …

-------------------------------------------------------

< b>From Touya's POV:

I love wheat pancakes with maple syrup.

It always tastes so warm, so sweet and heavenly…

The sweetened sugary syrup made from the essence of the sugar maple…Soft, warm chunks of pancake slipping down your throat…

Tastes great, doesn't it?

Just like Mum used to make them…

So that's why I made them for breakfast, duh.

This is Touya Kinomoto speaking, at 7:30 in the morning frying pancakes in the kitchen of the Kinomoto Residence.

Pancakes are easy to make. No? Not for you, maybe, but it's my specialty.

"6..7..8..9! All done and ready to be served!"

As the last pancake slipped onto the plate, crisply done to a turn, I sighed in boredom and started to set the table.

Why in the world wasn't anyone awake in this house!? Even though it was my turn to cook, that doesn't give them a plausible reason to laze, doesn't it?

My temper flared...

I feel like throwing something!

I stomped around the room, glaring at random objects. Otou-san has already left the house…so, Sakura is the only one here. Why, that lazy sister of mine…

I took a deep breath.

"KAIJUU, BREAKFAST IS COLD AND YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL…!"

I made a 360 degree turn towards the dining table and set the last fork in place, and waited. After 10 minutes, I started to grumble.

"I'm going to be late for my job…You better come down right now, Kaijuu, or I shall personally see to it!"

I took a bite out of my pancake.

"Hey, this is getting cold…"

*BANG*

What was that? I pricked my ears and listened. Minutes after, a muffled thump traveled down the hallway.

"Coming, Onni-san…"

I smirked.

The kaijuu has awoken.

------------------------------------------------------

Normal POV:

"KAIJUU, BREAKFAST IS COLD AND YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL…!"

Sakura dazedly opened one eye. Then, she let out a tired groan and buried her face deeper into her pillow.

"Coming, Onni-san.."

In her tired mind, it was still 5:30 in the morning. And, as everyone knows, Sakura Kinomoto isn't really a morning person.

"Why oh why does school start so early?" Sakura groaned again and turned over, her hand reaching towards Kero-chan's drawer.

"Hello, Kero-chan? Wake up!" Seeing that he wasn't, Sakura gave up and fell back into her bed, intending to go back to sleep.

Sakura's alarm clock chose that moment to start ringing.

There was no sign of movement from the bed. After a few minutes, Sakura's hand shot out with un-measurable speed, shutting off the clock with a huge bang. A messy head of auburn hair peeked out from under layers of covers, and it emitted a huge snarl.

"Stupid Onni-san…I still had two more minutes to sleep!"

Soon after, the offending clock clattered to the floor, and our Sakura-chan weakly maneuvered herself out of bed and staggered to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

---------------------------------------------------------

I n the bathroom…

As usual, the bathroom was spick and span, and glittering with white.

Sakura yawned.

The whiteness was making her eyes hurt…

On second thought, why does my throat hurt too?

Sakura quickly examined herself in the mirror. Her head, complete with her typical messy brown hair, green eyes, perfectly sculpted nose, and lush lips started back at her innocently.

Strange.Everything seems to be the same, so why do I feel that there is something wrong…? She thought.

Oh, forget it. I'll find out sooner or later. Now, let's turn our thoughts to something more important, like brushing my teeth…

Sakura yawned again and stretched her tired muscles. Feeling extra lazy, she reached into the medicine cabinet to get her toothpaste. She dazedly reached out for a tube in the corner, and assuming that it was her own, brought it to the sink. She squeezed a generous amount onto her toothbrush, and started to brush her teeth vigorously.

"Ewww, this tastes of mint!"

Sakura face contorted into an expression of pure agony, painfully remembering the last time she experimented on mint candy. Her mouth, which had bore the brunt of the attack, burned for 2 whole hours. That night, she had vowed never to eat anything mint again…

That vow was about to be broken.

Sakura blinked, and looked back at the tube of toothpaste in her hand. As her emerald eyes scanned the words "Extra-strong Mint", she realized her mistake.

Kuso, I took the wrong tube...

It was around a second later when Sakura realized that her mouth was burning from the taste of the offending cleaning solution.

Sakura frantically wrenched the tap head open. Fanning her mouth viciously, she reached for a cup and filled it to the brim with water…and emptied it into her mouth. This process was repeated again, and again and again…

A few minutes later…

"When did I become so stupid as to take otou-san's toothpaste by mistake!?"

In a fit of despair, Sakura threw her head into the direction on the wall.

*BANG*

"Owww…"

Rubbing her head, she looked at the direction of the wall-clock.

…That's the time!?

Sakura panicked…she was going to be late! Desperate to prevent this, Sakura made a complete U-turn, knocking down almost everything in the process. As she made her way towards her bedroom, toilet paper still dangling from her feet, all thoughts on how to finish brushing her teeth vanished from her mind.

-----------------------------------

When she had finished wearing her school uniform, Sakura clattered down into the kitchen, panting furiously. Touya, who was in the middle of finishing breakfast, looked at her, and got a huge shock.

Sakura, or the kaijuu as Touya calls her, was in a total wreck. Her shirt was half tucked, her book bag was unzipped, and her hair looked…horrible…something must have happened upstairs.

Being a polite person, Touya ignored this and asked her to eat breakfast. However, that was not going to happen.

Sakura was not listening. She rushed towards the door, one hand combing her hair, and the other trying to stuff her cotton socks onto her feet at the same time, though she failed miserably.

A stress mark popped on Touya's forehead.

Sakura noticed this, and after making some final adjustments, turned towards him sheepishly and muttered an apology.

"Gomen, Onni-san, but I'm late for school, and I can't eat my breakfast, I really can't!"

She put on a puppy dog face, complete with big, watery eyes, and the quivering lip. Touya's resolve soon softened and he carefully dumped her share of pancakes into a container, and slid it into the fridge.

"Fine, but when you come home, you'd better finish it!"

After the fridge was closed, he grabbed a brown paper bag which was sitting at the corner of the table and handed it to Sakura.

"You almost forgot your lunch."

Sakura's face lit up with a huge smile and she gave her brother a big hug.

"You're so good to me, Onni-san!"

Touya's eyes widened in surprise and he started blushing. This was embarrassing…

"Erm…you're going to be late for school!"

Touya pushed Sakura away and hurriedly shooed her towards the door, muttering about how late it was.

-------------------------------------------------

As Sakura was putting on her roller-skates, he looked at his clock and tapped Sakura on the shoulder gently.

"You have 5 minutes Kaijuu…better hurry."

Sakura's back stiffened instantly. "What?!" Seeing her distress, Touya's mood brightened considerably and showed her his watch, all the while smirking triumphantly. Sakura got up in frenzy, and flashed one last smile towards Touya before skating away in a flurry of legs, hands, and rollerskates.

"Bye!" Touya waved and carefully watched her retreating back.

As soon as she was out of sight, he sighed.

The things that irritating imotou-san makes me do…am I becoming a softie? Oh no…

--------------------------------------------------

At the Local Tomedea High School, Tomoyo Daidouji, daughter of Sonomi Daidouji and a blooming fashion designer looked out of the window worriedly.

"Where's that Sakura-chan? Syaoran-kun (1), I'm getting worried about her. She's usually earlier than this!"

Syaoran was right at her side.

"I don't know…" Syaoran, who was sitting diagonal to Tomoyo, was getting quite fidgety. His forehead was creased in worry, and he craned his neck for another time to look out of the window.

School field, Basketball Court, School Court…Aha!

His golden-flecked amber eyes spotted something which made him sigh in relief. A pink and red dot was making its way slowly towards the school building, moving at more than 80km/h.

"There she is, Tomoyo-!"

Tomoyo snapped her head towards the direction which Syaoran was pointing in, her soft raven locks following sharply. "Where!?" she asked frantically, scanning the school grounds for any sign of Sakura. Syaoran chuckled at this, but soon, his attention turned towards a classmate of his.

"Li, tell Daidouji to watch it!"

Oops. Looks like Tomoyo's hair hit a fellow student smack in the face. Again.

Knowing too well on how painful it was, Syaoran quickly apologized for her and explained that she was just excited. The "fellow" student, known as Kotaru, or Hiwa-kun, rolled his eyes and when back to chatting with his friends. Syaoran sighed, and looked back to where Tomoyo was.

Tomoyo was jumping up and down excitedly, her finger poised on the button of the stopwatch used to keep Sakura's time.

"Did you see her roller-skate? It was a display of pure skill! Sakura-chan is so KA-WAI-I!" She squealed excitedly, floating off into her own dreamland.

Syaoran, however, started at her blankly, sweat-dropped, and took her by the shoulders. Then, he started shaking.

---------------------------------------------------

While Syaoran and Tomoyo were doing their *ahem* business…

Sakura painfully ran up the stairs to the third floor, footsteps thumping one by one, two by two. She looked at her wristwatch and prayed.

10 more seconds to go…9, 8 7…Onegai, help me make it…

*thump…thump…thump-thump-thump-thump*

She quickened her pace, and soon the door of her classroom came into her vision. Sakura's spirits brightened.

Yes, almost there…Please let my heart survive, I don't want to be dead before I turn 18!

She finally reached her destination, and with all her might she reached forward and pulled the door open, letting the impact push her into the classroom-

*Ri-i-i-i-ing!* the school bell sounded right on cue.

The one very tired Sakura Kinomoto, Mistress of the Sakura Cards and the most powerful sorceress next to Syaoran, had survived the school bell and escaped detention for the 13498th time in her school life.

Tomoyo immediately spotted her. "Ohayo, Sakura-chan!" she shouted, waving at her.

Syaoran, who had also seen her come in, smiled and wagged his finger at her. "Missed the bell by barely a second, Sakura…it's a good thing Terada-sensei hasn't arrived yet."

Sakura, who hadn't yet recovered from exhaustion, muttered her "Ohayos" and slowly walked over to her seat.

So tired, so exhausted…I think I am going to collapse…

Her legs suddenly seemed like jelly and her heart was still pounding like it was running a lifetime marathon. She had never, ever felt so tired before…

Her desk seemed to be so far away…so far…

Syaoran looked at her movements curiously and he took the opportunity to speak first. "Sakura? Are you alright?"

His aura unconsciously made over to Sakura's. Syaoran was worried. His magical sense told him that Sakura's usually perky aura was weaker than normal…

"Well, Sakura, you do look a bit pale…" Tomoyo took notice too and she gave her best friend a worried glance.

So…tired…cannot…move…

Sakura's vision swam. Trying to fight the feeling off, Sakura reached for her table and held on tight. There…that's better…

She gave Tomoyo a weak smile and sat down shakily. "Don't worry, I'm just tired, that's all…" In her mind, however, she was whooping in joy, congratulating herself for completing her journey to her desk with out fainting.

Wow, that was some dizzy spell…but it wore off as soon as I sat down…I guess I must have been a bit too tired for my own good.

Dismissing that thought, Sakura set her book bag on the table.

"Look, Sensei's here!"

As the whole class stood up to greet their teacher, Tomoyo's and Sakura's worries were forgotten instantly, replaced by schoolwork. However, a pair of amber eyes situated in the seat behind Sakura's was furrowed in deep thought.

Syaoran knew that something was wrong.

There's something strange about you today, Sakura, even if we or you don't know about it. I feel that it's going to rear its ugly head very soon…

As usual, Syaoran was overestimating the situation again. He was always too serious for his own good…

Maybe we should introduce Syaoran-kun to the benefits of yoga-classes…

To Be Continued

----------------------------------------------------------

Keys:

(1) Over the years, Syaoran and Tomoyo have also become good friends and have switched to first-name basis.

Or is it because our dear author was getting sick of seeing Daidouji's and Li-kun's with grammar/spelling underlining underneath?

Err…forget it.

Semmerie- …I think that the last sentence there was a bit too outrageous. *guffaws* I'm doing a terrible job at being funny…TT How in the world am I supposed to inject some humor into this if I keep adding in drama and stuff!? *kicks herself* As always, please review! I love yr feedback; it inspires me…a lot.

Till next time! :3