Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Feverishly Perfect ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't Cardcaptor Sakura or any of its characters. TT *yawn*

A/N: Hi again! ~-^ Hope you ppl haven't lost interest yet! Hmm…around 1-2 chapters before it ends. Actually…-_-"" It has more dialogue than action this time round, but…at least I updated…right? *looks sheepishly at angry mob*

*

Feverishly Perfect

By Semmerie

"Guys…"

Sakura started sweating and leant backwards towards the wall.

Unfortunately, that was a wrong move. Sakura seemed to forget that there was an empty space behind her…

"GAH!"

Sakura lost her balance and toppled out of the window with an almighty scream.

A newspaper headline flashed across the plane of Syaoran's mind.

"Unorthodox way of taking Medicine punished with Death"

Syaoran gulped. This was not good. To save her, or not to save her?!

Or more precisely, to die from Sakura's wrath when he finally gets her on solid ground, or to die from Touya's wrath when he finds that his beloved imouto is no longer among the living? His feverish mind pondered the facts.

When he suddenly realized that he didn't need to ponder the facts as neither the Sakura-initiated death nor the Touya-initiated death was a very desirable choice. He whipped out his wind ofuda. Well, if he was to die… Sakura's wrath would be far sweeter than being chased around by a deranged maniac armed with powerful magic and a metal spiked mallet.

"Element Wind!"

A silvery stream of liquid-like magic shot straight out of his ofuda, zipping down towards Sakura at abnormal speed.

…And it missed her by a mile, lifting up a very surprised dog instead. Syaoran scowled. "What is -wrong- with that thing?!"

"Element Wind!"

Missed.

"Element….Wind!!"

Again.

"Element.Wind. *growl*"

And again.

"ELEMENT.WIND."

Tomoyo was starting to giggle.

"EL-LE-MENT W-IN-D!!!!!"

At This, A garbage truck levitated into the air. Syaoran seemed to crumple up into a ball of pure shame as numerous sweat drops now adorned his head.

Pathetic situation you got yourself into, Syaoran.

The situation would have been quite funny if there hadn't been many innocent lives at stake. Even now, many non-magic pedestrians were looking up dazedly at the floating apparition. Syaoran, burning with embarrassment, considered burning his ofuda and abandoning himself to a life of a road sweeper. Tomoyo's face was contorted in a very weird mixture of worry-for Sakura, and amusement-for Syaoran…

But just then, a very, very shrill sound came from outside the room.

"AGH!YOU TWO ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE AFTER I GET OF THIS PILE OF JUNK AND INTO THE BLASTED WINDOW..!"

This caused Tomoyo and Syaoran jump a foot into the air. As they looked up, it almost seemed that Syaoran's faulty ofuda had been worth something after all…

…As Sakura was glaring at them quite menacingly through the open window.

"Who-What-How?!" Syaoran spluttered. "You're not falling…?"

Sakura hoisted herself in through the window.

"If you wanted to do some rescuing, why didn't you just direct your wind element at me rather than digging up everything existing on the sidewalk and piling them up in a living bunch of limbs ?! Talk about going about it the long way!" Her emerald eyes were swirling with deep, uncontrolled annoyance as she swept her venomous gaze across the two.

Syaoran put on a weak smile and tried to brush some random candy wrappers off Sakura's shoulder before she swatted it away, muttering angrily.

Tomoyo? She was too content taping the whole thing to even say a word.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

A few hours later, Sakura was still fuming..

"I'm sorry--"

"Shut up, Syaoran."

"I'm sorry--"

"Shut UP, Syaoran!"

Syaoran shut up.

"Get out your wind ofuda."

Syaoran took out his wind ofuda.

"Give me the wind ofuda."

There was an extremely dangerous tint to her voice.

"This," Sakura glared at Syaoran, "is the last time you're ever going to use this again."

And with that, she burnt it to a crisp and handed the smoldering ashes to Syaoran.

"Throw it away."

Syaoran -_-""ed.

"Throw it AWAY."

Syaoran gave her a pathetic you-know-you-want-to-hug-me look.

Sakura gave him a do-you-want-to-be-dead-look.

Syaoran intensified his you-know-you-want-to-hug-me look and added in another I'd-love-to-be-dead-look for an extra bonus.

Sakura intensified hers ten-thousand fold.

Syaoran gave her the puppy-dog.

Sakura faltered.

Syaoran gave her the double puppy dog.

Sakura crumbled.

Syaoran gave her the triple ultimate puppy dog complete with watery eyes and a trembling lip.

"ARGH!FINE, I'LL THROW IT AWAY!"

Syaoran grinned.

One step for Syaoran Li, a giant leap forward to annoying Sakura to bits…score one to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

Soon, everything was settled again and the three of them were indulging in hot chocolate in the living room.

"Now this is the life…!" Sakura put down her steaming mug and sprawled lazily onto the sofa, yawning loudly.

Tomoyo smiled and handed her a cushion. "It looks like your fever has finally broken." She winked. "I also noticed that you're getting a tad bit sleepy. You look so kawaii like that…"

Syaoran sweat-dropped and looked up at Sakura. "Why don't you get upstairs? After that, if you're not too tired, we might be able to call our classmatesyou're your homework." Sakura looked at him.

"What?"

Sakura giggled. "There's marshmallow on your nose!" And sure enough, there was. Syaoran stared cross-eyed at the blob of white and fingered it, making the sight even funnier.

"Well, I can't very well see where it is!"

Sakura giggled even more. "I'll take it off for you, then." She leaned over.

Closer…

Closer…

OH MY GOD STOP LEANING SO LOW!

Noticing that Sakura was now very dangerously close to him, Syaoran started blushing furiously and his hormones went into over-sensory alert.

Argh, 1 centimeter more and I'll explode! Sakura, has anyone taught you about giving boys, teenage boys especially, some personal space?!

Really, she was very dumb, for lack of a better word.

But it was a very cute kind of dumb.

Syaoran's blush deepened by a lot. Unbeknownst to them, Tomoyo took out her pocket camera and started filming.

Meanwhile, Syaoran was very relieved when Sakura used her pinky to swipe the soggy marshmallow off his nose with a flourish.

"And as for payment, I'll eat it." Syaoran sweat dropped. "Whatever." He put on a very blank expression and turned back to his drink, heart beating furiously.

After finishing her cup-full, Sakura yawned again. "I'll go upstairs. Tomoyo, Syaoran, wake me up in 30 minutes, okay?"

Syaoran hid his face with a pillow and the red light stopped blinking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

After Sakura had gone to sleep…

"You know, it's obvious, Li-kun."

Syaoran extricated his face out of the pillow and set it aside.

"The way you look at her when she doesn't notice, that perpetually good mood you had when only she was around..."

Syaoran's body suddenly grew much tenser than normal.

"Plus that blushing habit which you are kindly demonstrating right now. There's no hiding how you feel, Syaoran."

Tomoyo sat next to Syaoran and put her hand on his shoulder.

"I've talked to her, and she's already admitted it…she loves you. So why can't you…?"

She sighed.

"Stop breaking her heart Syaoran. I know… the selfless desire for her to be happy, blahblah… but the fact is that you missed the most important point."

Syaoran broke out of his reverie and started protesting. "I would never break--"

"…That all she needs is you. Not Yukito, not food, not water, not an endless supply of happy fluffy bunnies…"

Syaoran's eyes widened, and at that moment…all seemed to come to a stop. All he could do was stare at the ground.

"As Sakura's best friend and confidante, I need to know. Do you return her feelings, or are you just leading her on?"

She looked into his eyes deeply and Syaoran could feel those amethyst orbs piercing his very soul.

"I-I…" His voice cracked.

"Tomoyo…you know that I would never hurt her. We've been so much together, the cards, the transforming, the battles…we've all created such a strong bond …" He hesitated for a couple of seconds, and then turned bravely to meet Tomoyo's eyes.

No backing off now, Syaoran.

"I can't...just can't deny it anymore, Tomoyo. I- I think I'm in love."

"With Sakura."

The truth had finally come out. Suddenly feeling like a huge burden had been lifted off his shoulders; he slumped back into the sofa.

Tomoyo grinned evilly.

At that moment, all color drained from Syaoran's face as she held a tape recorder tauntingly in front of him.

I am now officially a self-proclaimed idiot, confession or not.

"DAIDOUJI, NO…!!!"

Various bangs ensued at the Kinomoto residence and Syaoran knocked down every single piece of breakable glass in sight, while trying to pry the tape from the clutches of the evil Tomoyo.

To Be Continued Today, tomorrow, or maybe a century later.

------------------------------------------------------------

*wipes hands* Now that was one -successfully- completed chapter.

It differs.

Don't provoke me, Kero-chan.

And what happens if I do…?

This. *smirks and brandishes a light-saber evilly*

0_0 *to readers* Thank you, everyone…*looks warily at author* Please come again and review the chapter!

Good. ^-^