Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Future Plans ❯ Settling In ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Future Plans

Keys:

"…" --- Speech

#…# --- Thoughts

@…@ --- Flashbacks

=0)…=0) --- My opinions/thoughts

Disclaimer: Cardcaptors/Cardcaptor Sakura is not owned by me. Owned by

CLAMP. I own only this fanfic. Anyway, let's start the ball rolling…

Chapter 1: Settling In

The Li kingdom and the Kinomoto kingdom were always the best of friends. Nothing ever came between

them and both kingdoms enjoyed peace and prosperity. Both kingdoms' princes and princesses grew up into

fine gentlemen and ladies. Soon, the Li queen, Lady Yelan, and the Kinomoto king, Lord Fujitaka got

together and discussed the future for their children.

"My son, Prince Xiaolang, is already engaged to my niece, Meiling. But he seems very compatible with your daughter, Princess Sakura." Lady Yelan said thoughtfully.

"Yes, I do agree with you, Yelan. But your son is already engaged…" Lord Fujitaka told Lady Yelan.

Lady Yelan smiled, "It's all right. I've given Xiaolang a chance, if he finds someone he truly loves, he doesn't need to marry Meiling. So perhaps…"

Lord Fujitaka nodded, "So we shall pair up Prince Xiaolang and Sakura together. Now what about my son, Touya?"

Lady Yelan sighed, "Now that's really a difficult situation. I've four daughters around his age, Fujitaka. Shiefa, Feimei, Fanren and Fuutie. I think we should let him chose himself. I mean, I think that it is better that he really loves the girl than we forcing him to marry the one he doesn't really love."

"So what should we do Yelan?"

Lady Yelan said slowly, " Well, actually I've a plan in my mind. I'll invite both of your children, and perhaps their best friends too, to my kingdom tomorrow. If you don't mind, Fujitaka, they will stay for a month throughout their one-month holiday. So my children and yours will get together and be friends and well…maybe fall in love. You may visit them anytime you like. And after the holiday, we'll ask them for their opinions about one another."

Lord Fujitaka smiled, "That's really good Yelan! Let's get the plan in action!"

Lady Yelan laughed, "Yes, we'll do that. I can't wait to be your in-law Fujitaka!"

~~~

"Ohayo Otou-san. Why did you call me so urgently?" an 18-year-old Kinomoto Sakura asked her father that very day.

"That's right, Otou-san. Is there any problem?" Touya, Sakura's brother asked.

Lord Fujitaka smiled, "Well, as you know, we are good friends with the Li kingdom. Today, the Li queen, Lady Yelan, has just invited you two to her kingdom for a month for a holiday. So are you two willing? You'll be going tomorrow if you accept her invitation."

"Well…" Sakura pondered.

"Can Yukito go too? If he goes, then I'll go." Touya said finally.

"Can Tomoyo-chan go with me?" Sakura asked.

Lord Fujitaka laughed, " Yes, your friends may come along with you too but please Sakura, no magic. "

"Okay" Sakura beamed.

~~~

"Mu-qin (mother), did anything happen?" an 18-year-old Xiaolang asked.

"Nothing, nothing. I've something announce," Lady Yelan said pleasantly, "Firstly, I know that Xiaolang, you, kind of dislike - "

"What! There're girls involved?" Xiaolang frowned.

"Yes. The prince and princess of the Kinomoto kingdom will be visiting us tomorrow for one whole month. " Yelan said.

"Cool!" Fuutie squealed excitedly.

"And what has it got to do with me?" Xiaolang demanded.

Yelan said patiently, "The Kinomoto king, Lord Fujitaka, is my good friend. Now that his daughter and son is coming here, we must of course, take good care of them, right?"

"So?" Xiaolang crossed his arms, "I'm not in charge of this."

Yelan sighed, "Li Xiaolang, you are the same age as Lord Fujitaka's daughter, so you are going to be in charged of her. While Feimei, Fuutie, Fanren and Shiefa - "

"Erm muqin, I…er…I…" Shiefa stammered.

"Yes Shiefa?" Yelan asked calmly.

Shiefa was blushing, "I…um…got a date!"

Feimei nodded, "That's right muqin, he's really cool and handsome!"

Yelan smiled, "Shiefa, aren't you going to introduce your date to me? Hm?"

Shiefa turned redder, "Um, he'll be coming the day after tomorrow."

Yelan nodded thoughtfully," All right, then Feimei will be in charge of Lord Fujitaka's son. Fanren, you're in charge of the son's friend while Fuutie and Meiling, the daughter's friend will be in your care. Any questions?"

"Yes! Aunt Yelan, that girl, Lord Fujitaka's daughter, she is not coming here for a purpose right?" Meiling asked suspiciously.

Yelan cleared her throat, "She is coming here for a holiday."

"So she weren't be interfering with me and Xiaolang cause' I'm already engaged to - " Meiling blurted out.

"Xiaolang will be entitled to marry whomever he really loves." Yelan told Meiling calmly.

"That's right. And will you please stop tagging behind me?" Xiaolang said flatly.

"But…but.." Meiling stuttered.

"No buts, Meiling. Anyway, you kids just get ready for the visitors by today. " Yelan said briefly.

~~~

The next day…

"Ohayo gozaimaste, Sakura-chan!" an 18-year-old Daidouji Tomoyo greeted her friend with a gentle smile.

"Ohayo Tomoyo-chan!" Sakura returned with a greeting.

"Konnichiwa Tomoyo!" Kero-chan shouted.

"Ohayo, Kero-chan." Tomoyo grinned at Kero and held out a bag to Sakura.

"Uh-oh, is that…" Sakura asked suspiciously.

Tomoyo beamed at Sakura, "You're going to the Li kingdom! Sakura-chan must dress nicely cause' Sakura-chan is so kawaii!"

Sakura sweatdropped as Tomoyo ushered her into her bathroom.

~~~

As Sakura pulled out the dress Tomoyo specially made for her, she gasped in awe. The dress was too perfect and beautiful for words. It was a spaghetti-striped gown made of pure light pink silk. Small tiny crystals were sewed onto the gown, making it shimmer here and there.

"Wow Tomoyo, this is so beautiful." Sakura whispered.

Not only that, there were earrings and a pearl necklace to go with it, ending with a pair of high-heeled sparkling transparent shoes.

Sakura slowly changed into the gown, all the time admiring its sophisticated simplicity and beauty.

Soon she emerged from the bathroom, meeting to a series of "Wows!" and gasps. She lowered her eyes in embarrassment while Tomoyo and Kero-chan complimented her. Tomoyo made her sit down on the chair of her dressing room while Tomoyo did her hair, tying it in an elegant style.

"You look extremely grown up, Sakura!" Kero-chan grinned.

Sakura blushed in reply.

~~~

Lord Fujitaka stared fondly at his precious daughter and said, "You've grown into a fine and pretty lady, Sakura. Remember, no magic. Just get along well with the Li kingdom's prince and princesses and be happy."

Even Touya had to admit that his "kaijou" was turning to be a young lady. However, he continued to tease her.

"Otou-san, don't be deceived by her looks, she might still be a kaijou inside!" he snickered.

Sakura tried to kick him, but failed.

"See what I mean?" Touya smirked.

Soon, Yukito arrived and Sakura blushed even more when he commented her on her prettiness.

It was time to set off for the Li kingdom.

"Enjoy yourselves!" Lord Fujitaka called out and waved as the carriage grew fainter and fainter until vanished.

~~~

Xiaolang walked right into the white-washed wall and went through it, revealing a secret garden of his own. The wall only allowed people who have magic to go through it. People like Meiling, were not allowed.

Xiaolang smirked. Thank goodness he had a hiding place from Meiling. She had been bugging him the entire morning, making him feel irritated and annoyed. Worse was that he had to take care of another girl, the princess of the Kinomoto kingdom. He felt sure that she was no better than Meiling. He groaned.

"Feeling grumpy today?" a familiar voice asked him.

Xiaolang frowned at a blue-haired boy his age. The boy was called Eriol Hiragizawa and he was the reincarnated form of Clow.

"What are you doing here?" Xiaolang asked.

"Lazing around. Aren't you suppose to entertain the princess of the Kinomoto kingdom?" Eriol replied.

"She won't be arriving until an hour later."

"Why so gloomy?" Eriol asked.

Xiaolang sighed, " I have to take care of a girl. She'll be pestering me all day long and - "

"Oh come on, you might like her." Eriol said while Xiaolang missed the glint in his eye.

"Oh gag me!" Xiaolang choked, "I, like a girl? In your dreams, Eriol!"

"You never know…we'll see, one month later we shall see." said Eriol.

"How come you're so sure?" Xiaolang shot back.

Eriol shrugged good-naturedly, "I'm going to eat some snacks. Bye!" and disappeared.

~~~

The carriage came to a halt. Sakura stepped out of the carriage first, followed by Tomoyo, Yukito, then Touya. Sakura stretched herself, "That was quite a long journey ne?"

"Hontoni." Tomoyo agreed.

Just then, a man came out and introduced himself, "Good afternoon, I'm Wei. Please follow me to see the

Queen."

They nodded silently and followed him into the huge mansion.

~~~

"Hello, I'm Lady Yelan, welcome to the Li kingdom." The elegant lady smiled at them.

"Good afternoon, Lady Yelan, thank you for inviting us to your kingdom." Touya said.

"It's my pleasure to welcome my good friend, Fujitaka's children to my kingdom. If you don't mind, may each of you please introduce yourself and in the midst of this one month stay here, please do call me Aunt Yelan. That's nicer, and sincere, don't you think so?" Lady Yelan twinkled her eyes at them.

Sakura knew immediately that she would like this lady a lot.

"I'm Kinomoto Touya."

"I'm Yukito Tsukishiro, Touya's friend."

"I'm Daidouji Tomoyo, Sakura's friend."

"And I'm - " Sakura started to say.

Lady Yelan interrupted, "You must be Kinomoto Sakura."

Sakura nervously smiled at her and nodded.

"How pretty you are…so perfect for…" Lady Yelan murmured.

Suddenly, they were interrupted by a group of boys and girls of their age.

~~~

Yelan #Wow, Sakura is very pretty. Just nice for Xiaolang. Perfect couple. And she's so sweet! I definitely

want her to be my daughter-in-law.#

Glancing at Xiaolang and the others, she said, "May I introduce my children, this is Xiaolang, my niece, Meiling, Shiefa, Feimei, Fanren and Fuutie."

"Nice to me you!" Fanren smiled slightly.

"Hi! Enjoying yourselves?" Fuutie grinned.

~~~

"Hello." Sakura greeted, feeling a bit flustered.

"Now all of you, will you please escort them to their respective rooms?" Queen Yelan ordered.

Sakura felt a tap on her shoulders. She whirled around, and came face to face with the brown eyes, brown-haired boy. Lady Yelan's son, Prince Syaoran.

"Ye…Yes?" stammered Sakura. Sakura# is eyes are so cold…he looks fierce. I'm frightened.#

"Will you please follow me, I'm going to take you to your room now." He replied frostily.

Sakura glanced at Tomoyo, who gave her a supportive look.

Touya told Sakura, "We'll come to you later."

She nodded, and started to run after Prince Xiaolang who had already began walking out of the room.

~~~

The green-eyed, chestnut-brown-haired, girl, to his surprise, could keep up at his pace of walking.

Xiaolang#This girl is pretty different from other girls I've met. Hm, first she is not like snails like the rest . Second, she doesn't throw herself to me. Third, she hasn't talked to me like others who keep yanking away non-stop.#, he shook his head, #Nonono, Li Xiaolang, you're suppose to hate her. Give her the impression that you dislike her a lot and she won't bother you later. Who knows when you're alone with her in the room, she might pull some tricks. And, she is dressed up quite extravagantly, shows that she is vain, quite a bit of her flesh is exposed. #

They reached a grand white door.

"This is your room." Xiaolang said shortly and opened the door, inviting her in.

So how is it so far??? I'll be uploading the next chapter soon, so stay tuned! At the same time, check out my other fanfics and remember to review. Arigato!

Beanysnake

http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/lazhamaosnake/enter.html