Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Get To Ya ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the song and I don't own the story line. In fact, I don't even own the words I'm using. The only thing that I do own is my fluffy white bunny named Chester.
 
Key:
 
*Change POV*
{Me!}
 
Get to Ya
Chapter 2
 
*Tomoyo's POV*
 
Mentally, I kick myself for being so stupid. Why did I have to invite Eriol to my house after school? It certainly wasn't necessary. I think…
I pause while opening my locker and think. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have Eriol help. After all, he is really creative and smart and cute and funny and… Whoa! What am I thinking? He's evil for heaven's sake! Right?
“Grrr!” I say out loud and start to bang my head on my open locker door. It must be the only way to keep me from thinking these thoughts. It was working too, until I heard the bell, signaling that class has officially started. “Uh, oh!” I quickly grab my things and start running down the hallway to math.
 
*Syaoran's POV* *A couple of hours later, after school*
 
“Finally! School has let out for the day! I was beginning to think I wasn't learning anything.” Eriol and I walk down the front steps of the school building, arms loaded with books.
“You, learn something? What, did you learn that Sakura has a dimple in her left cheek?” I look over at him sideways, noting that his joke wasn't as stupid as they usually are. He must have something on his mind.
“Ok, what do you want?” He gave me a how-did-you-know look. “Please,” I continued in response to the look, “you underestimate my powers.”
“Sure…” He said, straining under the heavy load of all the books.
“Why are you bringing so many books home, anyway?” He was literally two inches shorter than me now because of the weight.
“Nothing,” He said quickly. “Hey, do you think that you could stay home alone for a few hours without burning down the building?” Beads of sweat started to form on his brow.
“You really need to start to work out,” I said under my breath. To Eriol I said, “Sure, I suppose so. Why?”
“I've got somewhere to be.” I smirked at him.
“Oh, yeah, and where might that be? Tomoyo's house?” He fell over and all the books came toppling out of his hands. I laughed at his pathetic state. “Ok, I'll be a good boy and stay home. Just promise me that you won't come home smelling like the perfume that Tomoyo wears.” As he got up, dusting himself off again, he fell back over at that comment.
The last thing I heard him say as I walked away down the street was, “Just wait, Syaoran, just you wait.”
 
*Eriol's POV*
 
It takes forever to get to Tomoyo's house. I could feel myself sinking into the ground because of the weight in books. It was nearly impossible to punch in the button to ring the doorbell at her gate. Actually, I couldn't even see the gate.
“State your name.” A harsh voice on the intercom spoke, reminding me that the button wasn't for the doorbell, but for permission to get in. The realization hit me as if I were staggering under ten fifty pound books. Oh wait. I was.
“I'm gonna die in fifteen seconds if you don't let me in,” my voice came out in barley a whisper, but the intercom still heard me.
“Your name, sir.” I opened my mouth to elaborate, but there was a sudden rustling from the intercom.
“What are you doing? Who's out there? Eriol, is that you?” Tomoyo called. I groaned and she took it as a yes. “Open the gate,” she commanded imperiously and if I weren't so logged down with books, I would have applauded her. The gates opened and I cautiously walked through them, unable to judge the distance from the gates to the front door.
Ten minutes later, I was still walking and I could fell my hands go numb. Well, actually I couldn't. There was a noise from in front of me. It was the front door opening and closing.
“Well don't just stand there, Tomoyo, HELP ME!” I gasped out, finally dropping the books onto the gravel. She didn't answer. “Are you ever going to answ-” I stopped talking, gaping at who actually had come out of the house. It was Tomoyo's mother. I gulped.
“And you are?” she asked with a tone that suggested that I shouldn't be on her property.
Not one to stammer, I said, “I…I happen to be working on a project with Tomoyo.” She didn't look as if she believed me. This was going to take a while.
 
*Sakura's POV*
 
I don't know what Tomoyo thinks she's up to, but I intend to find out. From what she told me, she was just going to go home and sit and read for the rest of the night. HAH! Like I was going to believe that.
Or was I supposed to believe that?
Stop doubting yourself, Sakura. You always do this. And it never proves to be right, does it? Does it? Sigh.
Just focus on the matter at hand. Oooh…why do I have to call him? I can barely talk to him in person, let alone call him on my own and talk to him on the phone.
It's okay to say his name, you know. I know his name's Syaoran. I've called him that for forever. So why can't I just pick up the phone and call him?
Why do I even NEED to call him, anyways? I can spy on my best friend on my own without his help.
Who am I kidding? I'd fall out of the tree, if I can even get into the gate.
It's no big deal. Just call him.
Ok. Here goes.
 
*Syaoran's POV*
 
Just as I walk inside, I hear the phone ringing. `Great,' I think, throwing my stuff down and walking slowly over to the cordless phone on the coffee table.
At least, I thought it was on the coffee table. There was so much stuff on there, I wasn't sure if we still have a remote to the T.V. anymore. The phone kept ringing. Whoever it was knew that I was there.
The phone wasn't on the table. It wasn't in the couch, either. In fact, I wasn't even sure if it was in the living room at all.
The ringing got stronger as I turned to corner that led into Eriol's room. Egh. Like I really wanted to go in there. It was worse than my room and it was a mine field. I tried the door. Of course, it wouldn't open. Pushing harder, I found this was because Eriol had stuffed a pile of laundry in the crack to make sure that I wouldn't peek in at him. Why would I do something like that?
Actually, his room wasn't that messy. The phone was still ringing, lying on his bed. Afraid that it might go to the answering machine, I quickly answered it without glancing at the caller id.
“I KNEW he wasn't home! Stupid, stupid, stupid!” I heard someone talking to themselves into the phone. Suddenly I knew who it was and my heart rate went way, way up.
“Sakura?” I said, hoping that I didn't sound too hopeful. Or desperate. Or…well anything except nonchalant, for that matter. The voice on the other line seemed to stop breathing. “Is that you, Sakura?” I asked again.
I heard her started to breathe again. “Syaoran?” she said, sounding as if she were trying to gather all her courage, but I didn't notice. I just kept thinking about how cute she must be looking, talking into the phone. I didn't for one second think that she had never even tried to call me before.
“What's the matter?” I asked her.
Sakura seemed to smile into the phone and the prospect made me melt. “I wanted to see what you were doing right at this moment…”
 
*Tomoyo's POV*
 
“Why'd you bring so many books here, anyway?” I asked Eriol as we walked into my room, carrying all the books. It had taken a while to get into the house, with my mother playing Godzilla at the door. When I finally figured out that Eriol wasn't coming up and that my mom wasn't in her room, I found her giving him the third degree. Quickly, I got him out of the mess and hurried him up to my room. Well, as fast as we could with ten fifty pound books in our arms.
Eriol looked at me as if I were a moron. “They're song-writing books, of course.” I gave him an incredulous look.
“People actually write three hundred page books on how to write one measly song?”
“Yep,” he smiled, making my heart jump without meaning for it to. “For people just like you.”
“So you don't need them, then?” I folded my arms across my chest. What was I thinking, making myself like him? He was obviously just a snobbish, smug, immature little kid. Why waste time that could be better used to get Sakura and Syaoran together finally?
“Yep.” He said, smugly. He separated all the books from each other and pulled Syaoran's journal out of his backpack. I sighed, excepting nothing less from him.
“Ok, what do we have already?” I asked, grabbing the notebook out of his hands and beginning to read what Syaoran had started writing. I smiled and my eyes widened. “This is really good!” I gasped, laughing in spite of myself. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Eriol smiling, too.
“I wrote something during class after lunch, too.” He said, almost boasting, handing me the notebook paper with some writing on it.
 
Now I'm the kind of guy, who understands,
A simple little thing like holding hands,
And X's and O's on love notes sent to you, straight to you.
 
“That's as far as I got.” He told me. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that he was trying to impress me. No. That was just my mind being a freak.
“Syaoran's the kind of guy who understands a simple little thing like holding hands?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “OooK…Eriol, I'm not joining in with your little fantasy world here. It's got to change.”
“You've got to admit that it works with the song, though.” He said, moving closer to me to point at the lyrics on the paper. “Just imagine someone like…oh, I don't know, me, saying it to you. Wouldn't you think that it's incredibly sweet and cute?”
I looked him in his eyes and nearly got lost in them. Now I KNOW he was flirting with me. I could feel my brain melting underneath his gaze. It doesn't sound good, I know, but it was disturbing to feel, too.
“Fine.” I barely let out, “We'll keep it.”
 
 
 
The tree was high and that was all I could think about. My irrational fear of heights was so bad that I forgot to feel self conscious about being close to Syaoran. That was, until I felt him touch my arm. Then, it was as if a small electric current had shocked me.
“I think I found them.” Syaoran whispered, looking through the tiny telescope that Sakura had found. He handed it to her and allowed her to look, too. “We're going to have to move to another tree to see what they're doing in there.” He pointed to a tree across the yard.
Sakura put the telescope down. “Move…As in…I'll have to get down from this one first?” she carefully looked down and nearly threw up. It had to be at least twenty feet. The only way she had even gotten up here in the first place was because Syaoran had pulled her up half the way.
Syaoran nimbly jumped down from the tree limb. “Don't worry,” he called up to her. “I'll catch you. All you have to do is fall into my arms.” Sakura swallowed, but her throat was completely dry. And it wasn't because of the height, either.
He looked up at her, a curious look on his face. “What's the matter?” he tilted his head to the side, making him look unbearably cute without meaning to. “Don't you trust me?”
Sakura nodded fervently and braced herself to let herself fall. She let go of the tree. Easily, she slid down to Syaoran, who caught her as if she weighed nothing.
Neither knew it, but at that exact moment, both had an uncontrollable urge to stay that way for the rest of the day.
The moment passed, however, and soon the two were making their way across the yard swiftly, trying to hide from the hidden cameras. And their hormones were replaced by feelings of curiosity about Eriol and Tomoyo.
 
I've got a secret I can't keep.
I've got my eye on something sweet.
It feels like my heart's pounding through my chest.
`cause you got a smile I can't resist,
I get tounge-tied every time you and I are close like this.
Girl, here's my wish,
 
I wanna get to ya,
I wanna be the one that moves ya,
I wanna give my heart to ya,
I love you so much, girl I know just what I've been missing;
I wanna be the one you're kissing,
So open up your arms and listen,
I wanna get to ya.
 
Now I'm the kinda guy who understands,
A simple little thing like holding hands,
Or X's and O's on love notes sent to you, straight to you.
….
 
Of course, there's more to that song, but if you know it, it doesn't matter that I won't let you see the rest, and if you don't know it, then you'll have to wait for the other chapters.
 
It's not my song. It's Billy Gillman's.
 
Anyway, tell me if this was better or not. I didn't think anyone would like it, so I never wrote another chapter until now. And you know what? It's longer than the first!
 
See you peoples later!
 
Emmablk1