Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Keeper of the Moon Cards ❯ A Prophetic Dream ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: First CCS fic so sue me if it's off a bit. Don't own it. Unfortunately…..

Prologue

**"Sakura! Behind you!" Li yelled as the brown-haired girl leapt out of the way just in time. Yue attacked the monster as Keroberos jumped down to his mistress.

"Sakura. The odds are against us in this battle," he said. "What do suggest we do?"

"I don't know Keroberos. This isn't going to be easy, but we can't let it run around wild…" She looked up at her protector under the influence of the moon as he battled. Suddenly there was an explosion to her left. She turned around yelling, "Li!"

The boy was thrust into the air and she used the fly card to catch him. Crying as she landed, holding the boy close taking in all his injuries. "Li… don't leave me to face this with out you…" Yue landed looking distressed. The monster had retreated into a black abyss but left terror at the place where it had once stood.

"Sakura…" Li gasped out, trying to tell her something.

"Don't talk Li… Save your strength…" She tore her cloak to make a bandage.

"Keeper of the Moon cards…" She looked at him quickly, face showing confusion.

"What? The `Moon' cards?" She shook her head. "Li… My cards are Star cards…"

"…find … Keeper of the Moon cards…" Li collapsed into Sakura's arms.**

The teen girl quickly sat up in her bed. Her breath coming fast, her skin clammy with cold sweat a sign of the terrible vision she had. As she got up and walked to the balcony looking out over the garden she saw a young man near the cherry tree. `Michael… You can't come help me this time… This time I have to do it all by myself… Don't worry Li," she thought looking up to the stars. "Though there is an ocean between us and mountains and more, I have faith in you and I'll be there soon… I promise."

Two tears fell from her eyes, one for the past and one for the future, as she looked back to the one in the garden. He seemed oblivious to her watchful eyes but she knew better. It didn't take her and Michael long to figure out that they were to help each other. The Moon cards were to them a secret proof of their friendship. The young woman turned around and lit a small candle and looked at herself in the mirror. Brown hair, green eyes, determination, and loyalty all came from her father. A man she hardly knew. Her half brother was in her opinion the only family she had left and from what she had seen in pictures, they were a lot alike. It was time that he met her face to face. Green eyes sad, yet determined packed her things for a trip she knew she was destined to make. A trip to tell Li Showron the truth, and help in the unending fight of Good and Evil.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

In Japan, a young Li Showron was leaving school and realizing that something big was going to happen. When he entered his apartment he looked out from the balcony. "I wonder what it is that's coming?" he thought. Looking at the sunset he thought that he could almost hear a flute. Looking over his shoulder into his room he saw an old picture, a girl smiling while singing on stage. He sighed, returning his gaze to the setting sun. "Lily…."