Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Loves Love In Love ❯ Chapter 2: When Love Calls ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mina held the book for a few minutes without saying anything. Then she looked at Li. Li didn't look too happy. Mina realized that Li wanted to be the clow card's owner.
Mina held out the book to Li and he blushed shaking his head.
"I'll be alright." He responded, his face bright red.
"Okay.... Li?" Mina looked at him.
"Yes?" Li blushed.
"Are you mad at me for owning the cards?" Mina asked nervously.
"No." Li said flatly.
Mina giggled and hugged Li's waist. Li turned red and looked away.
"Alright-y then.. Lets go to your house Mina!" Kero said cheerfully.
"Oh.. about that.." Mina stuttered.

"YOU WHAT?" Kero exclaimed.
"I live in Li's house now.." Mina explained pointing at Li's house.
"Oh-k. This is NOT good." Kero pointed out.
"I can make homemade pudding." Mina offered. "A pudding cake at that."
"CAKE! O.." Kero laughed. "PUDDING! PUDDING CAKE!"
Mina laughed and Li started to head home from school. Mina realized that they didn't leave recess but she was sure everyone got scared off by the magical cards.
Kero was circling around Mina in the air. Mina kept her cheerful smile and when they got home Mina sighed exhausted.
"I'll just get some pudding for Kero from the regular cups." Li offered.
Mina nodded and flung herself against the bed. Hugging the Sakura book tightly she curled up under the covers.

The next morning when they arrived at school Mina explained to Madison what had happened.
"Oh Wow. I missed a great shot didn't I?" Madison sighed.
Yeah I guess." Li said leaning against the desk.
Eli walked in slowly and Li grew stiff.
"Hi Eli!" Madison and Mina smiled.
"Hello. What are you guys up to?" Eli said slowly.
"Nothing." Li said.
"I know!" Madison whispered to Li and Mina. "How about we visit the park later on and see if we can spot a card?"
"Great Idea" Mina smiled.
"Sounds okay to me." Li nodded.
Eli could hear what they said and smiled to himself. "You sure will spot a card. Just be ready Mina.
During gym class Mina tried to concentrate on the volley-ball and knocked it way out of the court.
"You okay Mina?" The gym teacher asked her.
"Uh. Yes." Mina nodded.
"Good cause' we need you." The gym teacher smiled.
Li was on the soccer field and shot another, yet another, and again for about four times in a row, a goal.
Kero sat on the bench where he waited for Madison or Mina to get a break to sit down.
Madison came out first.
"Hey there.. so yeah.. park right after we get home." Kero commented.
"Yes." Madison nodded.
"Bring your camera. You DON'T want to miss anything." Kero grinned.
"Right. I'll be mad if I miss anything at all!" Madison laughed.
When Madison went back in three other girls came out then Mina.
"We have to get those star cards back but.. how do I capture them?" Mina asked quietly.
"First of all. They aren't going to be star cards. They're going to be clow cards that turn into Love Cards. You have the Love Key." Kero pointed out.
"Oh I get it. So there are more keys than one. Right?" Mina nodded.
"Of course!" Kero smiled.
"Thanks Kero! Cant wait to capture a card! This is going to be exciting! I know it is!" Mina smiled and got back into the game.
Kero tiptoed away without being noticed.
During math class Mina drew a picture of herself in an green outfit. She couldn't concentrate at all and the teachers all had noticed.
After school her teacher called her up.
"Y-yes." Mina said nervously.
"I know you have been through a lot lately. With your parents and you moving in with Li Showron. I was thinking maybe you would like adoptive parents."
Li who was in the hallway dropped his bag upset.
"No. I kind of like the way things are." Mina murmured.
"Well if you have any trouble come back to me and I'll get you a new mom and dad fast for you."
Li looked sad. He doesn't think I'm a good influence.

When they went home Mina giggled and did some poses.
"I cant wait till I capture a card! This is going to be so cool!" Mina smiled happily.
"Maybe we can study our homework after we go to the park." Li said thinking about what the teacher had said.
"Oh-oh-k!" Mina nodded.
Kero was waiting by the door.
"What kept you? We have some card catching to do!" Kero laughed.
"I had to talk to the teacher for a minute. That's alright-y right?" Mina giggled.
"I guess!" Kero said flying around
"Lets go!" Li said coming out of his house in his outfit.
As Li and Mina ran down the street Madison waited by the dolphin slide. Then when she fell backwards into the slide by accident. She disappeared.
Kero, Mina, and Li searched for Madison when they got there. Li closed his eyes.
"Can you feel it?" Li asked Mina/
"A tingling feeling?" Mina asked back.
"Yes. A Clow Card must be nearby." Li nodded.
Mina paused thinking "Do you Madison got caught by the card?"
"I don't know." Li responded.
They walked around until they reached the slide.
"Hey! What a cool slide!" Mina giggled.
Mina rushed up the steps smiling and waved her arms around
"Come on Li! Lets take a breaks!" Mina smiled brightly.
"Oh-k" Li said and climbed up the steps..
Mina sat down, ready to slide when Li wrapped his arms around her neck. As they slid down Mina paused looking at Li.
"I didn't know this slide was this long!" Mina said looking at Li.
"Its the Maze Card!' Li exclaimed.
When they fell on the ground Mina looked around.
The Maze Card seemed huge! Mina gasped as Li grabbed her hand.
"You can get lost in here" He said quickly his face turning red.
Mina nodded. "How do we get out?"
Li thought back and groaned. "Ms. Mackenzie!"
"Who's she?" Mina asked.
"She was the one who got us out of here. Maybe there's another way out though!" Li said hopefully.
"Shouldn't we look for Madison?" Mina asked warily.
"Yeah." Li looked around. "Or at least try to look for her."
"The lasin board?" Mina thought.
"Doesn't work." Li nodded.
Mina looked right to left. "Well lets get out of here. Do you know where would be a good spot to start looking for her?"
Li nodded and put his hand against the wall walking through the maze. They walked for about an hour and Mina groaned. Li looked at her now and then and noticed the painful look in her eyes. His feet were beginning to hurt and he guessed Mina's had been hurting for a while now.
Mina let go of his hand for a second and she fell on the ground exhausted.
"You alright!" Li looked at Mina worriedly.
"I cant move anymore." Mina breathed.
"Why don't we just take a break. A nap couldn't hurt." Li nodded and hugged Mina close.
The maze grew dark and Mina made a low cry of fear and dug her head against Li's chest. Li blushed in the darkness and took out his incarnation cards and held the fire incarnation out making a tiny fire. He sat the card a little away from Mina and himself. He sighed tiredly and laid down Mina curled up shivering still.
When he woke up he found Mina snug against his outfit. The incarnation card had blown out and worse yet it was colder and brighter.
He shook Mina a bit waking her slightly. Mina yawned shaking her head waking up slowly.
"Wake up." Li said shyly and softly.
Mina jumped up and looked around "We better go find Madison!"
"Right." Li said nodding.
They both wandered out of there looking for any signs of Madison. At the last second right when Mina was about to say something to Li the maze changed.
"HELP LI!" Mina shrieked the ground below her changing.
"Help me now! Element! Wind!" Li shouted hitting his sword against an incarnation card.
A burst of wind flew from his sword and it circled around Mina setting her next to Li.
"Thanks."
"No problem." Li nodded.
"HELP ME YOU GUYS!" someone shouted.
A teenager boy and Madison were standing upside down on the maze above them.
Mina gasped "How do you guys do that?"
Li shouted "The maze can keep us in any direction without falling or anything. Be careful!"
Madison nodded and Mina looked at Li.
"How do we get them down?" Mina asked worriedly.
"I.. there has to be a way up there. I know there is. The maze has to have an opening. We just have to find it." Li reassured.
Mina smiled and waved to Madison "we'll get you guys down!"
Li looked around at the exits and holes.
"I think that one is the one that can get us up there." Li pointed at the nearest doorway.
Mina nodded. "I have an idea. You stay here and I'll go up in there. So that way you can see which way were all facing."
"Right" Li nodded to Mina.
Mina walked into the dark tunnel and gulped. Its just an ordinary tunnel. Nothing to worry about. No one else can be in here right? Right?
Mina walked out and saw Li sideways and Madison across the room sideways also.
Li waved his hands for Mina to come back and she did.
"Well there's only one more tunnel left. It has to be the right one."
"Yeah." Li agreed.
While they walked into the tunnel Li blushed grabbing her hand.
When they came through Madison laughed.
"Ho-ray!" She yelped. "Lets get out of here."
They saw another entrance next to Madison and they walked through it.
"My name's Jonathan. Jonathan Wings. What's your guy's names?"
"My name is Mina. His is Li. And I think you already know Madison. How did you get in here anyway?" Mina asked.
"I don't know" Jonathan said looking ahead. "A dead end?"
"Oh great, now how do we get out?" Madison sighed.
"I think I might know how." A voice rang out.
"Ms. Mackenzie!" Li and Madison grinned.
"Who else better suited to get us out of here." Ms. Mackenzie smiled
"Yes but didn't your ancient bell disappear?" Madison said losing hope.
"Oh yeah." Li recalled when Ms. Mackenzie had shattered it for the final card. "Now how do we all get out of here?"
Ms. Mackenzie smiled. "Sometimes. You don't need the most obvious or the most necessary items to get along with your tasks. I may not have the bell but we all have each other."
Ms. Mackenzie hit her hand against the wall and it shattered.
"Whoa." All four of them said taking a deep breath.
Ms. Mackenzie smiled "Now. Why don't I take Jonathan home. I'm sure he's tired. I'm sure the three of you still have an adventure to finish. Good Luck."
Mina nodded at Ms. Mackenzie and Jonathan. As they ran out the Maze began to change.

Help me now! Element! Fire!

Li send a burst of flames from his sword and his incarnation card at the Maze slowing it down.

Oh Key Of Love
Form The Powers Above!
Surrender The Staff
With Its Magical Light!
RELEASE!

Mina twirled around chanting and the staff appeared in her hands and she twirled it around.
"Love Card! Return to your power confined! MAZE!" Mina recited.
The maze zapped into the card and it fell into Mina's hands. She laughed softly and Madison ran over to her. Li smiled sliding his sword into its case.
"That was a GREAT shot!" Madison grinned. "But next time. I choose the outfit!"
Mina giggled and said "Sure!"
"That was a great capture Mina, I can't wait to see what's next" Li smiled again.
"I cant wait either!" Madison laughed.
"HEY HEY WHAT DID I MISS!" Kero exclaimed.
"Only the best capture in the world!" Madison laughed again teasing Kero badly.
Mina laughed as Madison joked about Mina capturing the Maze Card. Li stood next to Mina blushing as Mina falls backwards into his arms. Mina looks up at Li as he smiles at her.
"Oh." Madison says quietly looking at Li and turns to Kero whispering. "It looks like Li really hit it off with Mina."
Kero sighs as a sweat drop rolled down his head.
As they headed home Kero flew around Mina laughing telling her that things will be easier from now on.
"Oh yeah. Another thing. Now that your using a new key there are new cards. Which means MORE cards to capture." Kero smiled folding his arms.
Mina groans and shakes her head looking awful. Li smiled staring at Mina. Mina hugged her two new cards.
"When can we capture some new cards?" Mina smiles bubbly looking at Li and Kero.
"We can capture them when they appear!" Kero grinned. "Now lets go home. I have a few things to do."
Li realizes something and jumps up. "Oh yeah! Mina we need to go study our notes! It's a good idea you know! Better to have plan ahead!"
Mina nods looking at Li. "I guess its a good idea. Plus I want to eat something. I'm starving, and I'm dying to take a bath or shower!"
Li laughs grinning at Mina.
"I cant wait for some pudding Mina!" Kero shouted.
"I cant wait to see my video I just taped! This is going to be so awesome!" Madison laughed.
"How many cards are there anyway?" Mina asks carefully.
"Uh." Kero sweat drops
"Um." Li smiles weakly.
"I don't know." Madison said quietly.
"Well you see. There isn't an exact number of cards. But of the original cards there are fifty-two cards. But there are many cards out there that have been lost for a long time and while." Kero explained.
"Wow. Fifty-two and more?" Mina exclaims.
"Exactly!" Li nods.
Mina blinks slowly and takes a deep breath.
"Will Sakura ever come back?" Madison asks slowly.
"Probably not." Kero nods looking away.
"Oh." Madison looks downwards feeling a bit upset.
"I'm going to miss that kid." Kero nods looking at Madison

As they got home Kero looked up realizing something he forgot to ask Mina earlier. He slowly floats out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. He floats around in there and looks at the refrigerator. He grinned finding her in the dining room laughing with Li. Kero poked Mina asking his question.
"Do you even know all the original cards names?" Kero asked.
"Uh nope." Mina smiles weakly. "Tell me please?"
"The Arrow card - Card fires arrows, appears in first movie. The Big - When Sakura uses this card, she grows. The Bubbles - Card makes soap bubbles. The Change - Card switches the minds of 2 people with their bodies. But the effect is only a 24 hour period. The Cloud - Card can manipulate clouds. The Create - Card appears like a book, a person write in it and the objects become a reality. The reality only continues if the person keeps writing in the book. The Dark - Card represents Yui. It is the opposite of light. Both dark and light are considered the most powerful of the cards. The Dash - Card can make user run short distances at a remarkable speed. The Dream - Card allows you to have dreams that predict the future. The Earthy - Card can create earthquakes. The last of the four elements and the most powerful of the four. The Erase - Card makes things vanish .. forever if desired. The Fight - Card makes the user a powerful fighter. The Fiery - Card is one of the 4 "elements of magic", and considered 2nd in power to Dark and Light. The Float - Card makes people or objects lighter than a feather. The Flower - Card makes flowers appear out of nowhere. The Fly - Card puts wings on Sakura's wand and she can ride it like a magic broomstick. In 2nd series, it takes a different form. The Freeze - Card makes things extremely cold. The Glow - Card makes small bits glowing in the air that appear like fireflies. The Illusion - Card makes illusions that are not tangible nor with any other properties. The Jump - Card allows Sakura to jump very high and far without injury. The Libra - Card can tell if someone is lying or not. The Light - One of the cards that represent Kerberos. Light can illuminate, but also in ways represents the "force of light". The Little - Card makes a person very small The Lock - Card can lock objects and rooms. The Loop - Card warps space. The Maze - Card forms a maze that is possible to be lost in forever. The Mirror - Card can create an exact replica of Sakura, but it will have Mirror's personality. Mirrors is smart, and behaves like a real person when Sakura invokes it. The Mist - Card corrodes/erodes anything it touches. The Move - Card can move objects (even through walls!) for a short distance. The Power - Card gives Sakura enormous strength. The Rain - Card makes rain (of course.) The Return - Card allows user to view an event in the past for a short while. The Sand - Card manipulates sand. The Shadow - Card can wrap itself around something like a shadow. Or also 'shadow' people, meaning to follow them. Shadow can also be used to carry magic through transparent windows. The Shield - Card forms a spherical shield that protects anyone inside it from magical/physical attacks. - Can protect against sword card. The Shot - Card forms fast-moving missile that chases the first person it sees. The Silent - Card forcibly ejects one of a room if they make a single noise. The Sleep - Card can put a large number of people asleep. It's useful to Sakura when she needs to capture a card in public. The Snow - Card snows. The Song - Card repeats a song it hears. The Storm - Card creates powerful storms. The Sweet - Card makes things taste sweet. (Not every card of Clow is useful or powerful). The Sword - Sakura's wand becomes a sword that can cut through basically anything. The Through - Allows to pass through walls, but the thickness depends on magical power. The Thunder - Card makes powerful lightning. The Time - Card stops time, but takes quite a bit of energy to use it. The Twin - Card can divide people and objects in two. The Voice - Card can steal a person's voice for your use. The Watery - Element of magic. The Wave - Card can raise waves. The Windy - Element of magic. The Wood - Card can create a number of vines that trap enemies." Kero laughed as Mina gasped.
"That's only the original cards, right?" Mina gasped.
"Well.. yes. But I bet you cant wait to know the new cards too!" Kero exclaimed.
"Uh how about another time!" Mina said nervously looking away. "I bet you cant wait to get home and eat the pudding I made!"
"PUDDING! PUDDING CAKE!" Kero shouted floating away.
Mina walks over to the refrigerator and grabs the ingredients. She smiles and hugs the vanilla mixtures and grabbing a bowl.
"Can I help you?" Li asks quietly.
"Sure." Mina giggles looking at Li.
Li grabs the bowl and pours the ingredients in.
Mina turns on the oven and smiles preheating it.
"I know your hungry so I'll cook up my favorite soup again!" Li offered.
"M-huh." Mina giggled her mind still on the cards.
Windy Card. Maze Card. She had them in her Love Book Safely locked tight and hidden under her bed.
"Li. What card out of all of them do you like the best?" Mina asks looking at him.
"I uh. I guess one of the strong four cards. They're the most powerful you know. They can cause natural disasters if they become untamed and joined together. But since you have the Windy Card I doubt anything bad will happen." Li responded.
"Well I think the Sweet Card would be a neat one to own. Or the Dream Card." Mina thought back to what Kero said.
"They're nice too." Li agreed.
Mina smiled and put the pudding mixture into the oven. Li sat the pot of soup on the stove cooking it slowly.
"Oh and we haven't studied our homework yet!" Li implied.
"Oh yeah." Mina sighed looking away. Homework. What had gotten into Li and his homework all of a sudden?
Li smiled and grabbed the soup bowls. He poured the soup into them and sat them on the table. He took out the pudding and put it into the refrigerator letting it cool.
"Oh wow! Thank you Li! This smells delicious!" Mina smells the soup and grins at Li.
Li blushes eating the soup looking away from Mina. Mina blinks looking at him. He's awfully jumpy and he's blushing a lot. Maybe he's feeling sick or something.

Madison went to bed with the tape cuddled in her arms. It was the first second, moment, day of her life since Sakura died that she slept happily.

Eli grinned at himself. I'm positive Mina will find every card. It will be no problem for her.
Ruby looked at Eli slightly. He was being way over confident she thought.