Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ More Than A Friend ❯ Prologue

[ A - All Readers ]
"Be cheerful always. No one will ever do the smiling for you."
-J. Donald Walters, Life's Little Secrets

More Than A Friend
By Sorceress Midori

It's pouring hard when we left the cemetery. Sakura was crying and I can't do anything to comfort her. Her father, Mr. Fujitaka Kinomoto, died last week; he died in an excavation site in India. His colleagues said he was trapped inside the ruins when an earthquake occurred.

Touya stayed with Yukito since that day. He said he has to clear his mind of that happening before he can go back to work; as for Sakura she stayed at their home. Tomoyo offered to stay with her but she said she wanted to be alone. Oh gods, what could I do to help her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three weeks have passed and still Sakura is alone in their home. It was already night so I decided to check on her. I climbed the tree beside her window and sat on one branch.

There she was, sleeping peacefully. It is obvious that she cried herself to sleep because on her face were tears and her eyes were red. I know how it is to loose someone you love but she has already lost both of her parents. I jumped to her room and sat beside her bed. I stroked her beautiful face and whispered her name soothingly.

"Sakura…"

As if she heard me, her eyes moved and said, "Otou-san, Okaa-san don't leave me…" She was dreaming of her parents. Then all of a sudden she woke up and said my name, "Syaoran-kun, what are you doing here?"

Suddenly my eyes met her pretty emerald ones. I didn't know what to say to her. She would probably hate me now that I am spying her in her room.

"Syaoran-kun, what are you doing here?" she repeated the question.

"Shh, I came here to watch over you." I said while I stroke her hair.

"You're so sweet. How did you enter my room?" she asked while trying to sit up.

"I used the window." I replied.

All of a sudden she began crying again. I let her cry on my shoulder and started telling her words of comfort. "It's going to be alright…"

"`Tou-san and `Kaa-san are dead. Onii-chan left me. I'm going to be alone now. Everyone left me!" she said while crying.

I rubbed her back and said, "You are not alone. I'm still here and Tomoyo-san, even our friends in school. We are not going to leave you. We, your friends, will always be by your side. I promise, and besides I…" I stopped as I realize I was going too far.

Her cries were reduced to sobs when she looked at me and said, "You what, Syaoran-kun?"

I summoned all the courage I have and told her what I felt inside; "I love you. I love you, Sakura." I hugged her and kissed her forehead then she looked up at me.

Almost shyly she replied, "I love you too, Syaoran-kun."

My heart danced as I hear her say those words; all I could say was, "I would be more than a friend to you now. I will always watch over you Sakura."

"Arigatou, Syaoran-kun. Thanks for always being there for me." Sakura said. Then, I placed my lips on hers and kissed her. This time she has someone she could turn to, someone more than a friend.

~~~>O*W*A*R*I