Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Heart ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ForeverDestiny: GOMEN, GOMEN, GOMEN, GOMEN A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!!!!!!! I should have updated! But no, the teachers give me too much homework! Goddess! Sorry all. Now I have to WARN YOU that this chapter may or may not be short but it will have a LOT of information. You should probably read the whole thing, NO SKIMMING, if you want to understand the rest of the story. You have been warned.

I would also like to take this time to thank a very special reviewer, Sakura-san, who has reviewed almost every chapter. She always has positive words and encouragement. She is in the same situation as me when it comes to writing and school and she continues to put out wonderful chapters to her story, Starry Night, which I TOTALLY recommend. Thanks, friend! ^_^

Disclaimer: Oh, come on! You REALLY think I own it? If I did, Nelvana would be totally screwed right now, hehe. * evil grin *

Night's Heart

Chapter 4

Revelations

Sakura looked at Eriol, confused.

"What do you mean, Eriol-kun? Oh no? Nothing's wrong. I just got the wolf that was attacking me." She smiled naively. Eriol just shook his head.

"Sakura-chan, did the wolf ever actually attack you?" Sakura was about to nod yes, when she really thought about it. It never actually did attack her. It was even her who had ripped her dress by spinning around. Slowly, she shook her head no. Eriol sighed.

"Sakura-chan, this wolf would never hurt you." He walked over to the wolf and placed his hand on its chest, watching it slowly, laboriously rise and descend. Sakura walked over, still confused.

"What do you mean, Eriol-kun? Why wouldn't this wolf ever hurt me?" She glanced curiously at the wolf, then smiled brightly. "Is it trained, or your pet?" Eriol shook his head.

"No, Sakura." She regained the confused expression.

"Then, why?" At that moment, the wolf opened one eye and looked at Sakura. She gasped as she saw it had shockingly amber eyes. The eyes showed pain and betrayal.

"Because," Eriol said softly, "this wolf is Syaoran."

(FD: Should I leave you hanging here? Hmmm………………………..)

(FD: Nah! Read on, fathful! ^_-)

Strangely, Sakura kept herself from fainting. She took a few long breaths, closed and opened her eyes, and finally collapsed in a heap next to Eriol. He smiled at her.

"Took you by surprise, hmm? Should I explain?" Sakura glared at him. He had caught her before she could scream about not telling her. She nodded. Eriol beamed.

(FD: This is going to be long, I warn ya.)

"Finally, a good story. Well, first of all, have you every heard of the Orithi?" Sakura shook her head. "I didn't think you would, they're very secretive people. Orithi aren't a specific race either, no, they're a type of human. Orithi are born into every race. Our dear friend Syaoran is a mock Orithi but I'll get to that later.

Well, there are two types of Orithi, good and evil. What you are is decided by the gods when you are born. All Orithi shape-shift. It's what make them Orithi. The good shape-shift into a being that most resembles their personality. Syaoran here is a wolf, sometimes tame, sometimes no, and it hits his personality on the nose. The evil shape-shift into something that mocks them, like a rabbit or duck, as punishment for being evil.

The good shift into their human forms at sunrise and animal forms at moonrise. The evil shift into their human forms at moonrise and their animal forms at sunrise. The good can choose whether to shift or not while the evil have no choice. As you could probably assume, the evil are pretty bitter towards the good and the regular humans. They can't retaliate though, unless some human is unlucky enough to pass them at night, when they are in human form. "

Sakura was growing impatient (FD: As I'm sure most of you are at the moment). "But what does this all have to do with Syaoran?" Eriol smiled slyly.

"I was just getting to that. Syaoran was born human but on Syaoran's fourth birthday, he was out playing in the forest with his sisters, when he noticed a large white rabbit. You know how curious Syaoran can get and being four, he had no common sense, so he just followed the rabbit throughout the forest, losing his sisters and getting lost in the process.

Eventually, he finally caught up with the rabbit. In his joy, he missed that it was moonrise. When he turned to look at the rabbit again, a tall, dark woman stood in its place.

`Hello, child.' She said to him.

`Hewo Mith.' He said with a four-year-old's bow. She laughed, a cold, grating sound.

`Why were you following me, little boy?' Syaoran was confused.

`I wath following a bunny, Mith, unleth you were the bunny, Mith.' He started laughing with childhood's mirth.

`You think my animal form is humorous, child?' She asked with cold fury. Syaoran stopped laughing, confused.

`You WERE the bunny, Mith?' he asked.

`Ignorant child!' she screamed. `Dare to laugh at ME! At KIYOKO!" Syaoran trembled with fear.

"N-n-no, Mith."

But it was too late. The woman jumped into the air mumbling something, her eyes closed. Syaoran tried to run but he found that his legs were stuck to the ground. Kiyoko opened her eyes, blazing with cold fire, and recited the ancient words of the Curse of the Orithi.

`I call upon my powers of darkness. Answer my cries. As I am, may this mortal child be. From Kiyoko, Orithi of Darkness, to this boy, Mock Orithi of Light. O God of Darkness, hear my call and grant this wish, to one so small.'

A dark force shot out of Kiyoko and hit Syaoran, knocking him out after putting him through incredible pain. Kiyoko laughed spitefully and sauntered away, quite pleased with herself.

The next morning we found him. He was sprawled unconscious on the forest floor. That night he went through his first transformation in front of myself and his mother, Queen Yelan. We are the only three that know about it. And now you."

Sakura gasped. It sure was a lot to swallow. Syaoran was a Mock Orithi? "Umm, Eriol? What exactly is a Mock Orithi?'

Eriol laughed. "Guess I didn't explain that part much, ne? Well, since he is a Mock Orithi of Light, he is pretty much an Orithi of Light, or goodness but with a few changes. One is that he can't choose whether to transform or not. He also has to wear a pendent around his neck. Syaoran said you saw it. He cannot take it off, no matter how hard he tries. It is what makes him transform. The only one that can take it off is-"

As Eriol was about to explain more, Sakura gasped, her eyes wide. Eriol quickly noticed that the sun was rising. He looked to Syaoran, who shimmered in the morning light. Slowly the wolf form retreated as his human form to shape. Finally human Syaoran, clad in his traveling clothes and cloak, lay unconscious on the ground. Eriol sighed.

"Guess we should get him to his room?" Sakura nodded. Eriol slung Syaoran over his shoulder and walked towards the castle, Sakura following slowly, still trying to digest all Eriol had told her. There was more, she knew, but she wasn't ready for it. Everything else she would need to know would come later.

~***~

A low-flying form was seen over the horizon. It clutched a small vial in its hand.

`Soon, my little friend. Soon, you will belong once again to the gods!'

FD: hehe. Well, whatcha ya think? I actually spent a long time thinking about Orithianians. Orithi is the plural of that, if you didn't figure that out yet. I have a set of rules about them, its almost like they're real. What did you think Sakura-san? Mel? Lady AA-chan? Hope you liked it! Well, GOMEN AGAIN! And read chappie 5, which SHOULD come out soon (as soon as I think it up ^_^0) Well, till then this is your authoress, ForeverDestiny, saying Goodbye and have a pleasant tomorrow!