Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Rivals...or Allies? ❯ An Answer ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 10!!!! An Answer
I don't own CCS. Never have. Never will. Later.
Lyrics from the Sailor Moon soundtrack: My Only Love
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
Sakura stared down at the dark box in Li's hands, a pale pink and green ring shinning in the dim sunlight.

Deep in my soul
Love so strong
It takes control.

Now we both know
The secrets bared
The feelings shown

Li's eyes were down cast, as if already assuming the answer was no. After all, he hadn't seen Sakura in almost seven years!! Why should she say yes when he abandoned her, promising to return within two years, and comes back in seven?!

Driven far apart
I'll make a wish
On a shooting star

There will come a day.
Somewhere far away
In your arms I'll stay
My only love.

Tears streamed down Sakura's now pale face.
'Just say yes....You love him. You know it....Say yes!!' a voice exclaimed in Sakura's head.

Even though you're gone
love will still live on
The feeling is so strong
My only love

My only love.


"I...don't...know...what to say...." Sakura began, but was interrupted by Li.
"If you're not going to marry me, the just stand up and leave. Before my heart shatters even more, if that's possible." Li sniffled.

There will come a day.
Somewhere far away
In your arms I'll stay
My only love

You've reached the deepest part
Of the secret in my heart
I've known it from the start
My only love

Sakura frowned slightly. She slowly stood up... taking a step forward.............................................

There will come a day.
Somewhere far away
In your arms I'll stay
My only love.

You've reached the deepest part
Of the secret in my heart
I've known it from the start
My only love

My only love.

*
**
***
****
*****
******
******* ********
*********
**********
***********
************ *************
**************
***************
*************** *
You're hating me, aren't ya??
****************
***************
**************
****** *******
************
***********
**********
*********
* *******
*******
******
*****
****
***
**
*














Nope.









Not here.














Not yet....






Ummmmmmmmmm....NO!



I'm not done yet.






Okay, I am now.













< br>
NOT!!!










heheh e.....





































A rumble erupted from the pale blue sky, scaring Sakura and Li. A black streak of light came from two clouds, traveling quickly down to the Earth.
"How dare you?!" a voice boomed out, causing Sakura to leap back. The black beam stopped at Li's feet, and a figure stepped out.
"How dare you? You are mine!! Not that...that...freaks!" the figure, a young woman, exclaimed angrily, stomping her foot. Li gasped in surprise.
"Meilin?" he asked slowly. The woman nodded.
"For this you shall pay, Xiao Lang. And you too, Card Mistress. But your punishment will be more severe. You will watch the only person you love in this world die in your hands. Slowly. And painfully. If I can't have him, no one shall!" Meilin said, taking a small step towards Sakura.
"...No...." Sakura murmured, her frightened green eyes falling on Li. Her life. Her love.
"You can't. I won't let you!" Sakura yelled to her rival.
"Really now? Well, you see, I have backup. BACKUP!!" Meilin shouted over her shoulder. Nine figures appeared, completely hidden by a shadow cast by Meilin's selfishness. Her evil.
"Meet the remainder of the Clow Cards. Over the last seven years I have been training them, so now all of them are almost as strong as that retched goddess(Artemis). Pretty good, ne?" Meilin cackled evilly, her eyes glowing a mysterious yellow. Meilin continued sharply.
"Good-bye, Li. We could've been together for the rest of eternity. But no. You had to fall for this...mortal. Well, if I can't have you, no one will. Good-bye. And Avalon, watch your beloved die. It will be the last thing you ever see." a ball of purple light formed in Meilin's pale hands. She hucked it at Li.
"You ungrateful bitc...." Li began, but the ball of light hit him squarely in the stomach. He flew backwards, crashing into Sakura.
"Li? Li! Li, you can't die. Please, don't!" Sakura yelled to him, holding his deep wound with her hands, trying to stop the blood from flowing out. But she knew she wouldn't be able to stop it. Meilin had said he would die, and he will.
"Sakura...I love...you....Never forget that...." Li gasped for breath as Meilin pulled her hand back, gathering another ball of energy to throw at Sakura.
"Enough." a quite voice said. Meilin and Sakura spun to face the group standing behind Meilin.
"What?! You dare speak to me that way?! You obey me!!" Meilin yelled angrily
"Actually, they obey me." a strong voice said from behind Sakura.There stood Artemis, in all her glory, actually looking...normal. At least, as normal as Artemis could get. She wore a floor length black silk dress, its long silver sleeves brushing the ground ever so lightly. Deep red wings, the colour of blood, sprung from her back, and her long black hair cascaded down them, the silver streaks reflecting the fading sun.
"Damn right!" one of the 'cards' exclaimed, thrusting her handing into the air. Sakura glanced up teary eyed, realizing the cards weren't actually cards.
"How dare you ruin a young woman's future? In the name of the Moon, the future," a voice began.
"In the name Mercury, the Ice planet!"
"Mars, planet of fire."
"Jupiter, leader of lightning!"
"Saturn. Planet of silence!"
"Uranus. The never-ending skies!"
"Neptune, the deep blue seas!"
"And Pluto, the dark planet, and your worst nightmare come true."
"We will punish you!!" all nine figures coursed.
"What?!" Meilin shrieked, spinning back to Artemis.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Meet the Sailor Scouts. Ummm...were you looking for them?" Artemis pointed to a pile on the ground, under a tall willow tree. The last Clow Cards.
"Girls?" Artemis said, kneeling beside the bleeding Li, who was unconscious
"Moon...rainbow...heart..."
"Mercury...aqua... "
"Mars...celestial...fire...."
"Jupiter...thunder...."
"Venus. ..crescent...beam...."
"Saturn...silence...glaive...."
"Uranus...wo rld...."
Neptune...deep...."
"Pluto...deadly...." the girls began slowly, their energy building up.
"Ache!"
"Rhapsody!"
"Surround!"
"Crash!"
"Smash!" "Surprise!"
"Shaking!"
"Submerge!"
"Scream!" balls of pink, blue, red, green, orange, purple, gold, aqua, and red light shot towards M Meilin, who was grinning from ear to ear.
"Sorry! You'll have ta try again. Harder!". Meilin cackled, again, launching a ball of purple light towards Sailor Pluto.
"No!" Sailor Mercury yelled, jumping in front of the beam. She slowly slid to the ground.
"Mercury? Merc? Amy!! Amy, can you hear me?" Sailor Pluto asked, shaking Mercury.
"I'm okay. Just a little shooken up." Sailor Mercury mumbled. Sakura suddenly jumped up.
"I've got it!! I know who the Sailor Scouts are!" She exclaimed happily. Everyone, including Meilin, looked at her strangely.
"What?! Sets wouldn't tell me!" Sakura stomped her foot, sitting back down next to Li, who Artemis was trying to heal, but was failing.
"Right...." Sailor Saturn said, confused, pulling her glaive out of thin air.
"Die, bitch!!" She yelled, running to Meilin.
"Oh no!! I'm scared!" Meilin leapt to the side, but not before Sailor Saturn got in a good slash, nearly severing off Meilin's arm.
"Ow!! That hurt!" Meilin shouted angrily, holding her wound.
"I summon the powers of Clow.
Strength of Life and Death,
I am the host.
Give me strength,
Give me Power!
I command thee!" Meilin shouted to the sky. A deep green beam came from the clouds, and seemed to absorb into Meilin. The Sailor Scouts watched in awe as Meilin's wound healed instantly.
"Damn!" Sailor Uranus, Saturn and Moon coursed. Sailor Pluto sighed, stomping her foot.
"Art! How are we suppose to kill her if she keeps healing?" She shouted over to her long-time friend.
"She's using...Clow's...power. Only a direct...descendent...can kill her...." a weak voice said. Sakura's head spun, finding Li trying to sit up. Sailor Pluto rushed over to Artemis, who was still bent over Li.
"How is it?" she asked quietly, wrapping a firm arm around Sakura, who was shaking uncontrollably.
"Bad. Get Saturn. I can't heal him. My powers are too strong. It will kill him." Artemis concluded. Sailor Pluto nodded, rushing to Sailor Saturn, who was sitting on the ground panting. Sakura saw Setsuna make a few movements with her hands, then Saturn nod, sprinting toward Li.
"Let's hope this works," Artemis said quietly.
"Girls, can you delay Meilin?? We've got to heal Li, and so far we're having no luck." Sailor Pluto asked quietly, glancing over her shoulder.
"We're on it, Pluto!" Sailor Neptune said, frustrated, as she dodged another one of Meilin's power attacks.
"Alright! Jees, spaz!" Sailor Pluto exclaimed, turning around before she could see the evil face Sailor Neptune was making.
"I...can't fully heal...him. His wounds too deep, and I'm too weak!" Sailor Saturn exclaimed, the purple light coming from her hands fading. Artemis sighed, looking towards the battleground, where all the sailors were trying to attack the now-immortal Meilin. But all of the Sailors were failing drastically.
"Pluto. Saturn. Get back out there. I know you've only used you power-ups once," Artemis glanced at Sailor Saturn, who nodded."But you've gotta power up, and help them. They'll all be killed if you don't!" Artemis glanced at Sailor Mercury, who was sitting on the pile of the Clow cards, typing furiously on her mini-computer, and her leg gushing out blood. Sailor Venus and Sailor Jupiter were unconscious on the ground, and Neptune and Moon were badly injured.
"Alright. Pluto. Black. Eternal. Bliss!" Sailor Pluto thrust her hand up into the air, followed shortly by Sailor Saturn's.
"Art, before we go, I have a question," Black Eternal Saturn said, turning back towards the immortal being.
"Yes?" Artemis asked, glancing toward the purple haired girl.
"You're immortal. You created this universe. You have infinite power. Why do you not kill Meilin?" Sailor Saturn asked, glancing up at the darkening sky. When she glanced back down she noticed a few people standing on a hill a distance away, watching the battle.
"I chose not to when I created this world. I said I would only use my powers in desperate situations." Artemis explained.
"Despret situations?! The future queen is almost dead! All you sailor scouts are dying. The future leader of China is laying in my arms, slipping in and out of consciousness, almost dead!" I'd call that a despret situation!" Sakura shouted angrily. Sailor Pluto Shook her head, her dark green hair whipping her face.
"No. It isn't. I understand what she means. Let's go, Saturn." Pluto ran into the field, Saturn on her heels, their wings fluttering.
"No...." Li murmured.
"Shhh." Sakura hushed him. Again, Li repeated:
"No." Artemis looked at him, understanding.
"They...won't be able to do it. Artemis. You just sent those two...to their deaths...." Li coughed, the blood still pouring out of him, the only thing keeping him alive was his love for Sakura.
"What?! Artemis! How could you do that?!" Sakura asked, looking at her long-time friend with shock in her eyes.
"Quite easily. I went ' Girls, transform into your highest form.' They went 'okay.' They then...." Artemis began, but was cut off.
"You know damn well that is not what I meant!" But Sakura couldn't help but giggle.
"Fine.... I'm bored. Lets tell jokes!" Artemis said, trying to lighten the mood slightly.
"no wa..." Sakura started, but Li interrupted.
"A very successful lawyer parked his brand-new Lexus in front of his office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he got out, a truck passed too closely and completely tore off the door on the driver's side.The lawyer immediately grabbed his cell phone, dialed 911, and within minutes
a policeman pulled up. Before the officer had a chance to ask any questions, the lawyer started screaming hysterically. His Lexus, which he had just picked up the day before, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter what the body shop did to it.When the lawyer finally wound down from his ranting and raving, the officer shook his head in disgust and disbelief.
"I can't believe how materialistic you lawyers are," he said. "You are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else."
"How can you say such a thing?" asked the lawyer.The cop replied,"Don't you know that your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off when the truck hit you."
"My God!" screamed the lawyer. "Where's my Rolex?" Li finish. Sakura stared at him, a look of disbelief on her pale face.
"See? Li's even up to it." Artemis said smartly.
"Fine! I've got one! Did you hear about the guy on the beach who found a bottle? He rubbed it and, sure enough, out popped a Genie.
"I will grant you three wishes," said the Genie. "But there's a catch."
The man was ecstatic. "What catch?" he asked. The Genie replied, "Every time you make a wish, every lawyer in the world will receive DOUBLE what you asked for."
"Well, I can live with that! No problem!" replied the elated man."What is your first wish?" asked the Genie."Well, I've always wanted a Ferrari! "POOF! A Ferrari appeared in front of the man."NOW, every lawyer in the world has TWO Ferrari's," said the Genie. "Next wish?"
"I'd LOVE a million dollars..." replied the man. POOF! One million dollars appeared at his feet.
"NOW, every lawyer in the world has TWO MILLION dollars," said the Genie.
"Well, that's okay, as long as I've got MY million," replied the man.
"What is your final wish?"The man thought long and hard, and finally said,
"Well, you know, I've always wanted to donate a kidney...." Sakura watched as Li and Artemis giggled. Li began to cough heavily."I'm okay. Art? Got one?' Li asked, sitting up.
"Of course! A guy named Bob receives a free ticket to the Superbowl from
his company. Unfortunately, when Bob arrives at the stadium he realizes the seat is in the last row in the corner of the stadium -- he is closer to the Goodyear Blimp than the field.About halfway through the first quarter, Bob notices an empty seat 10 rows off the field right on the 50 yard line. He decides
to take a chance and makes his way through the stadium and around
the security guards to the empty seat.As he sits down, he asks the gentleman sitting next to him,
"Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?" The man says no.Now, very excited to be in such a great seat for the game, Bob again inquires of the man next to him, "This is incredible! Who
in their right mind would have a seat like this at the Superbowl and not use it?"
The man replies, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me, I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Superbowl we haven't been to together since we got married
in 1967." "Well, that's really sad," says Bob, "but still, couldn't you
find someone to take the seat? A relative or a close friend?" "No," the man replies, "they're all at the funeral." Artemis finished, finding Sakura and Li staring at her, not a smile on their faces.
"That's mean? Why would someone do that? Especially to his wife?" Sakura asked, outraged. Artemis sighed, shaking her head.
"Man.... Sometimes I don't know why I even bother...."
"Hey, I have one!" A voice said from the battle felid. Mercury was looking up at the group, grinning.
"Shoot." Li yelled to the blue haired girl.
"Arnold Schwartznegger has a big one, Michael Fox has a small one, Madonna doesn't have one, The pope has one but doesn't use it, Bill Clinton uses his all the time, what is it?" She yelled back.
"Amy!! That's disgusting!" Sakura shouted to her friend, who was confused.
"What? What are you.... Oh, Sakura!! That's gross!! It's a last name!" Mercury said, totally disgusted.
"Oh.... I knew that." Sakura muttered, Li and Artemis laughing at her. (I'm gonna stop with the jokes now, kay? If you want more, e-mail me.) (I am now gonna break the happy, sappy mood. Just warning you ahead of time,) Sakura looked towards the felid, blushing a deep shade of crimson. What she saw frightened her. While they were telling jokes all her friends had been plowed down. Only one remained standing. Pluto. But she was injured. Badly. A long, bloody gash ran down her right thigh. Deep cuts covered her arms and her face, and her wings were broken and bloody. But the warrior refused to give up. She strongly stood her ground, to the amazement of Meilin and the conscious scouts, ignoring all the pain surging throughout her body. Her long green hair was singed, and beginning to turn red, her fuku was torn, and her Time Staff was blown into oblivion.
"Art? Anytime...." Pluto shouted as Meilin launched a final blow. The last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That was Chapter ten. Now all that's left is the last chapter, the epilogue, then the Sequel!! What did you think? Is Li gonna live, or will he die? Well, today's January 10th, so I hope to finish it before my birthday, on the 16th. How was everybody's Christmas, which, by the way, I do not do, seeing as how I'm Wiccan(for those of you who don't know what that is, I'm a Witch-in-training, and no, not the bad kind. ^_^').
Ja 4 now,
Sets