Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Room 256 across from 257 ❯ Spying on the enemy ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Room 256 Across From 257

Chapter Two

Disclaimer: I don't own Cardcaptor Sakura, it is owned by CLAMP, who I would really like to thank for making such a great story, not to mention, MKR, but that's another story… If by chance you wish to put this story on your site, please ask me first.

AN: I'm back with a brand new chapter, chapter two! We're going to see more back round on the Meling+Syaoran situation, then we'll go back to the present time. I know I said I would stop after chapter one, but I don't want to lose all the ideas in my head so I will keep writing! Hope your enjoying this story! Please R+R!



~Chapter Two~



Syaoran walked slowly through the park. He had had an awful week. He let go of Sakura and hurt her. `But she was okay with it!' He thought. `But she still must hurt. She loves you!' He argued with himself. He let out a heavy sigh and shoved his hands in his coat pockets. Then there was Meling. `Do I love her? No. I'm not capable of that. I hurt anyone around me and I don't want to hurt her.'

As if on cue Syaoran heard a female voice calling from behind him. "Syaoran! Wait for me!" Meling ran over to Syaoran's side. "So what are you doing out here?" She asked him.

"Nothing." He shrugged.

"Um Syaoran. There's something I need to talk to you about……" Meling said then bit on her lip. "I know it hasn't been that long since you and Sakura broke up, but I was wondering if you would ever consider maybe, going out with me?" She said hope fully.

Syaoran halted to a stop and swirled around. "No! I'm not going to! I can't! Why doesn't anyone understand!?" He screamed.

Meling moved back a bit in shock. She hung her head down. "I see now. I'm so stupid for hanging around you." She choked. "There's really only one person you can care about…..yourself." She cried and ran away leaving a trail of tears on the walkway.

"Meling! That's not what I meant!" He shouted. He turned to face a tree and slammed his fist against it. "Damn! I knew it! I can't do anything right!" He gritted his teeth and tears fell to the dirt.

***

~Present Time~

Sakura stepped out of the shower and put her bathrobe on and wrapped a towel around her hair. As she opened the door steam escaped out of the bathroom. Sakura took in a big breath and released it. "I hot shower is always nice." She stated. Meling and Tomoyo were both working that night but would be home soon. Sakura had the apartment to herself.

There was a knock at the outside door. "Who is it?" Sakura asked.

"Um, I'm one of your new neighbors in the room across the hall. My room mates have the key and the owner of the building said you had an extra key for us." A male voice replied.

"Oh ya, hold on." Sakura called. She rushed into her bedroom and slipped into her pj's. She wore blue pajama pants and tank top with little white polar bears all over them. She grabbed the key on the way out of her room and went to open the door. She swung it open, happily then froze; her mouth gapped open.

The young man who stood before her had deep bluish hair and dark eyes with silver rimmed glasses.

"E….E…Eriol!?" Sakura finally gasped.

"Uh…..hi S..Sakura. Uh oh." Eriol stuttered. Eriol reached out and snatched the keys from her hand. "Thanks!" He called and dashed across the hall and unlocked the door and went in, slamming the door behind him.

Sakura stood frozen at the doorway, with her mouth wide open.

***

Tomoyo pulled her car into the garage and parked it. She stepped out of the car and spotted Meling getting out of her car too. "Hey Meling!" She called and skipped over to her. "So how was work?" She asked.

"Tiring." Meling sighed and slumped over.

"I know what you mean!" Tomoyo agreed whole-heartedly. They both walked to their apartment.

As they rounded the corner of the hall of which their apartment was in they saw Sakura at the door with her mouth hanging open. "Sakura, what happened?" Tomoyo asked as they ran over to her.

"E…E…Eriol is living in the apartment across the hall." She stuttered.

"WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!???????????" They both shouted at the top of their lungs.

"Um, we better continue this inside." Tomoyo suggested. The others nodded in agreement and walked inside the apartment.

"So what happened?" Meling asked as she closed the door.

"Our neighbor came to get his key from us and I went to give it to him and….it was Eriol." Sakura explained slowly.

"Are you sure it was him?" Tomoyo said trying to calm everyone.

"Yes! I'm sure of it!" Sakura shouted. She sat on the bed, deep in thought until slowly, a sly smile crept across her face. She hopped off the bed.

"Hey, that's your, `I have a really sneaky plan' face." Meling pointed out. "Tell me!" She giggled.

"Okay, well if we want to make sure it's him we could sneak over to their balcony and climb up to see if its really him!" Sakura sputtered in excitement.

"Yeah! That's a great plan Sakura!" Meling agreed.

Tomoyo sighed and fell to the ground. "You guys have got to be kidding me! That's really rude, no matter what he did!" She protested.

"So do you still like him or what?" Meling asked snidely.

"NO! It's just rude no matter what!" Tomoyo shouted.

"Sure, sure." Sakura patted her friend on the shoulder. "Now lets go spy on him!" She shouted.

"OH brother…" Tomoyo sweatdropped. Sakura and Meling grabbed Tomoyo and dragged her outside. They walked to the pavement three floors down from Eriol's apartment window. "So how do you two braniacs plan on getting us up there?" Tomoyo crossed her arms in triumph.

"Hey! We can use that hose over there and climb up." Sakura whsipered.

"RATS!" Tomoyo stomped her foot on the ground.

"Good idea Sakura." Meling agreed. Sakura nodded and ran over to the hose and unwinded it. She flung it up so that it twisted around the railing of the balcony.

"How did you do that?" The other two asked in awe.

"I guess I just have knack for it." Sakura smiled. "Well lets get going." She started climbing up, and one by one they started up the hose.

***

Eriol sat on the couch in his apartment, reading a rather large book, when he heard the sound of something metal being hit outside the balcony door. He placed the book on his lap and peered at the door. "What's wrong Eriol?" Syaoran asked as he walked into the room with Yue just behind.

"I thought I heard something outside." Eriol told them.

"It was probobly just your imagination." Yue suggested.

"Your probobly right." Eriol sighed and went back to his book. Yue walked over to the overstuffed chair that was next to the couch Eriol was on and Syaoran went and sat next to Eriol and started reading a magazine.

***

Sakura was almost at the top of the hose when it started to slip off of the balcony rail. "I don't want the two of you to freak, but the hose is slipping." Sakura told the other girls.

"WHAT!?" Meling cried. "We're all gonna die!"

"Meling! Calm down! We are going to be okay." Sakura whispered. "Now be quiet." Suddenly the hose dropped a few inches. All the girls screamed at the top of their lungs.

***

From inside the apartment all three of the residents heard the shrill cry. "I know that was not my imagination!" Eriol shouted and dashed to the balcony. He got there just as the hose gave way. He quickly leaned over the railing and gabbed the hose tightly. He himself almost fell over but he pulled back and kept his balance. His face turned red from all the weight he has holding. "Guys! I could use some help!" He shouted back into the apartment.

"What is it?" Syaoran asked as they both dashed out into the room. He leaned over the railing to see what was down there. "What!?" He gasped.

The three girls looked up. "SYAORAN!?" They shouted.

"I thought it was just Eriol." Sakura shrugged.

"I see you three are still getting in trouble." Yue leaned on the railing and grinned slyly.

"Shut up and help us unless you want us all flat as pancakes!" Sakura shouted.

"I don't know, what do you think Syaoran?" Yue asked as turned to Syaoran.

"Well we could let them fall." Syaoran pointed out.

"You can't be serious!" Meling screamed.

"Please tell us you wouldn't let us die!" Tomoyo pleaded.

"We're joking!" Syaoran shouted back.

"Well it's not funny!" All three shouted angrily.

Yue and Syaoran shrugged and grabbed the hose with Eriol. All three together were able to pull the girls over on to the balcony. Sakura flipped over the railing and landed flat on her back. "OW!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She cried in pain. "That hurt." She sat up and rubbed her back.

Meling and Tomoyo on the other hand came up slower and stepped off on to the balcony. "Are you okay Sakura?" Tomoyo asked.

"Ya, I'm fine." Sakura replied, standing up, slowly.

"So may I ask why the three of you were doing out here?" Eriol wondered.

"Um, um, um….." They all mumbled.

"Excuse me, what was that?" Yue said cupping his hand around his ear and leaned closer.

"Well, you know I just saw Eriol and he took the key and well I think anyone of you would come and spy if you were in that situation!" Sakura stomped her foot. "So what are you doing here?" She asked.

"We needed a place to stay and this is an apartment is it not?" Syaoran replied.

"Fine, that better be all." Sakura huffed.

"Trust me, that's all. We didn't even know you lived here." Yue assured them.

"Actually, no one does." Eriol told them. "Your families are really worried about you. You should write them. You all just got off and left without telling anyone. No one was the same when you left." He sighed.

"We will." Tomoyo said simply.

"Don't you five think its time to put this all behind you?" Yue suggested. "You've had this stupid quarrel for too long."

"Not long enough if you ask me." Meling muttered.

"Yue, Eriol, Meling and I don't have anything against you," Sakura said.

"and Syaoran and Yue I have nothing against you," Tomoyo cleared her throat.

"but you hurt my friends" they all said together. "For that I can not trust any of you."

"Now, if you excuse us, we have to go to school tomorrow." Sakura said and headed out to the door to the main hallway. Meling and Tomoyo followed her.

Eriol reached out and grabbed Tomoyo's arm. "Tomoyo wait." He pleaded.

"Eriol, stop it!" She spat. "I'm tired of it." She pulled her arm back and rush to catch up with the others. She slammed the door behind her.

"We blew it." Syaoran and Eriol sighed in unison.

"No, you two blew it. I have nothing to do with this." Yue pointed out. "I just came along because believe it or not, I'm you friend." He said and turned to go to his bedroom. "Don't know why." He said under his breath.



Authors Note: That's the end of the second chapter. I hope your enjoying this story. I really like this idea and I hope its not being wasted, so please, tell me what you think. ^_^

Preivew of next chapter: Sakura plays match maker when she discovers the misunderstandings that have happened and finds herself alone. Will someone make that feeling go away? Plus, the girls get a new roommate. Wonder who it could be? (coughnakurucoughcough) Stay tuned for the next chapter.