Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Runaway ❯ New Forces ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Runaway
Card Captor Sakura
 
Author's Note: In this fanfic Sakura is 13 years old and is being pursued by very powerful magician. She tries to fight him but he proves too powerful for our young innocent Card Captor.
 
I won't reveal more for fear that I'll ruin the fanfic, except this little comment; it's definitely a Sakura & Syaoran fanfic! Hope you enjoy it, and most importantly, give comments and constructed criticism. I appreciate it when people tell me how I can improve.
 
Oh yeah, one more reminder. This is based off of the anime, and not the manga. There are 53 Sakura Cards, and most of all Meiling-chan! I have to have her!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura; the wonderful artists CLAMP do. Please do not sue me because I am a poor college student and have no money. My only thing of value that I could give you is my beloved Card Captor Sakura DVD boxset and I sure as hell don't want to give that up.
 
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
 
Characters:
 
Kinomoto Sakura: Sakura is 13 years old and now in her 7th year of school. She now goes to Seiiyu High, and life seems pretty boring now that Eriol is gone. She hasn't had any adventures, yet, and is perfectly fine with that. The only down point in her life is that Syaoran isn't in Tomoeda.
 
Li Syaoran: Syaoran's mother ordered his return to Hong Kong 1 week after the Void Card attacked. He misses Sakura but orders are orders. He makes sure that they maintain their relationship by letters and on rare occasions, by phone. He's currently in 7th grade, and is being trained even more intensely to become one of the strongest magicians in China, if not the world.
 
Daidouji Tomoyo: Tomoyo-chan will forever be Tomoyo-chan. She still insists on following Sakura around with her video camera, and making her costumes. Little does Sakura know, Tomoyo-chan has been filming Sakura and sending tapes of her to Syaoran!
 
Kinomoto Touya: Touya is gone from the household and is attending college at Tokyo University. He lives in the dorms and comes home on weekends to torment Sakura, but also to keep an eye on her. He foresees a horrible upcoming battle. Somehow since Sakura grew stronger, Yue was able to gain energy off of her, so he gave Touya some of his powers back.
Tsukishiro Yukito/Yue: Yukito-san is also attending college the same college as Touya (note: they're not together) and also comes home on weekends. Since Yue's power has increased along side Sakura's, he has the power to sense trouble all the way from Tokyo. With his amazing power of flight, he can be at Tomoeda in less than 10 minutes.
 
Cerberus/Kero-chan: Kero-chan still lives with Sakura, and is determined to protect her, as is his sworn duty. He still is a gluttonous little pig, but is also faithful. His relationship with Syaoran is pretty much the same.
 
Hiiragizawa Eriol: Eriol-kun is still in England. His power has remained at the same level, and it's a good thing in this case. He's able to sense trouble in Japan all the way from England, and makes it a habit to keep in touch with his young descendant/half daughter. He cares for Sakura just like her own father would.
 
Akizuki Nakuru/Ruby Moon: Nakuru remains the same as well. Still as hyper as ever and currently resides in Eriol's house.
 
Spinel Sun/Suppi: Not much to be said about Suppi except that he still lives with Eriol, and still loves to read.
 
Li Meiling: Meiling-chan is also in 7th grade, and still is as feisty and sassy as ever. She has completely renounced her engagement with Syaoran, and is bettering her skills in Chinese martial arts. She is becoming stronger everyday, but takes time to talk to Tomoyo-chan and Sakura-chan on a regular basis; mostly with Tomoyo-chan for obvious reasons.
 
Shiika Yinho: Shiika (meaning bitter fire) Yinho (meaning dark fire) is our antagonist. His soul purpose in life is to become the most powerful elemental sorcerer ever know, and there is only one person standing in his path; Kinomoto Sakura. His specialties are all of the elements, but his specialty is fire. He can control everything in earth from a gentle element such as the wind, or a deadly one such as water.
 
Minor characters: Yanagisawa Naoko; Sasaki Rika; Mihara Chiharu; Yamazaki Takashi; Terada-sensei
 
This will be the main character info. More characters may be added depending on the outcome of the story.
 
And now on to the fic!
 
 
“Sakura. Oy Sakura!”
 
It was 7:30am and Kinomoto Sakura was tired. Her bed felt so warm, and so comforting, but she was unable to enjoy it this morning because she was not only tired; she was annoyed. Some arrogant person with an Osaka accent somehow found their way into her room and was robbing her of her much needed sleep! Demo, matte! Osaka accent!
 
Rubbing her eyes open Sakura mumbled, “Nani Kero-chan?” to his insistent nagging.
 
“Its 7:30 in the morning, and your first day as a seventh grader!” Kero-chan stated with attitude.
 
Sakura gasped in realization that it was indeed her first day of school!
 
“Hoooeeee!!” Sakura screamed her trademark word and tumbled out of bed in a desperate attempt to make it to school on time.
 
Running around in her usual fashion, Sakura changed into her brand new uniform. And it truly was a new uniform because she was no longer going to Tomoeda Elementary School. She was moving on up to Seiiyu High School and received her starch white blouse, navy blue knee length skirt and navy blue socks traditional to Seiiyu High.
 
Sakura liked this outfit, but didn't have time to admire it or she would surely be late! She ran down the stairs in her usual fashion, but unlike her past times, her beloved, yet very annoying Onii-chan wasn't there to call her a kaijuu. You see, Touya had graduated last year and was accepted into Tokyo University a truly renowned University. (Yes, the 2nd movie argues differently, but it's my fanfic.)
 
It seemed a bit lonely without Onii-chan there, but at least he wasn't calling her a kaijuu; truly bittersweet.
 
“Ohayo Otou-san,” Sakura greeted her father cheerfully.
 
“Ohayo Sakura-san,” Kinomoto Fujitaka greeted back.
 
Sakura sat down as her father placed her breakfast in front of her. Her absolute favorite; pancakes. Sakura ate them with great vigor, downed her juice and rushed out the door, for fear of being late. Three years of being a Card Captor, and Sakura still hadn't changed her habits.
 
After waving goodbye to her father, Sakura skated down the Cherry Blossom lane and allowed the petals to surround her. As she skated, Sakura noticed that someone was following her on a motorcycle. He had been following her as soon as she turned the corner from her home.
 
She tried to ignore him, but he was right on her tail, and no matter how fast and how skilled Sakura was on her blades, there was no way she could be faster than a motorcycle. Eventually the motorcyclist sped up and drove in front of Sakura screeching to a stop. Upon taking off his helmet, it revealed a young man around the age of 17. He was fairly tall, at least as tall as Sakura's brother.
 
He had stunning blue eyes that pierced into Sakura's own emerald green, and he had dark jet black hair. He had on a confident smirk, and a casual but serious air about him. He seemed confident and cocky, but at the same time he held such a seriousness that could rival Syaoran's.
 
“Anou…anata dare?” Sakura's curiosity got the better of her as she asked the question.
 
Giving a cocky and flirtatious grin, the stranger answered, “Yinho; Shiika Yinho.”
 
If it wasn't the name that scared Sakura then it was the look that he gave her. This was the very first time a person looked at her with such lust, and hate and it gave her a bitter feeling down to her very bones.
 
“Etou, what do you want?” she asked timidly.
 
“You, Sakura. I want you,” Sakura gasped for two reasons. 1) Sakura didn't even tell her name, and 2) Sakura didn't give him permission to call her by her first name.
 
“H-how did you know my name?” she questioned.
 
“I'll let you know later on, my sweet cherry blossom,” that stated he sped out of sight.
 
Blinking in both fear and disbelief, Sakura watched as he left. She didn't know who he was, besides his name, but she feared that he would cause great trouble for her. Well this thought would have to wait because from her position Sakura heard the school bell ringing!
 
Skating off at lightning speed, Sakura was able to make it to the school just in time. She went to the locker area, took off her skates, and raced to class.
 
Upon entering Sakura greeted, “Ohayo!” breathlessly.
 
The class reciprocated, as Sakura walked to her desk.
 
“Ohayo Sakura-chan!” Tomoyo greeted.
 
“Ohayo Tomoyo-chan,” Sakura stated out of breath.
 
Grinning mischievously, Tomoyo suddenly whipped out her camcorder and starting filming all while saying, “Sakura-chan breathless is just so kawaii!”
 
Little did Sakura know, Tomoyo was making a film; another Sakura-chan memorial, but with a little twist. She was going around filming Sakura so that Syaoran would still be able to see her. Even if he couldn't be with her, at least Syaoran could see her and that was enough for him.
 
Sakura in the meanwhile was too busy thinking about that guy, Shiika Yinho if she remembered correctly, and what he wanted. Oh well, she would tell Kero-chan when she got home. Maybe he had an idea.
 
“Alright class, please take your seats,” the teacher stated as he entered the room.
 
Looking up from her wistful daydreaming Sakura saw that the teacher was Terada-sensei! Seemed a bit strange, but Sakura liked Terada-sensei and was glad that he would be teaching her class.
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
It was hot. That was all Li Syaoran could think as he was practicing with his sword. Sweat dripped down his face as Syaoran's eyes remained focused. He would not allow himself to be deterred by a miniscule thing such as heat. He truly went through worse. Glancing at the clock, Syaoran noticed that it was almost time for school; 30 more minutes.
 
Deciding to end this, Syaoran gave one quick jab with his sword and sheathed it. He went into the house and gave himself a quick 5 minute shower. (All Syaoran fangirls drool) He toweled off and put on his uniform. It was a simple design, dark blue dress shirt, and black pants, since Syaoran, like Sakura, was moving up to High School. (I'm not going to give a name for Syaoran's high school since I don't even know Chinese)
 
He checked the clock to reveal 20 minutes until school started. Seeing this Syaoran went to his garage to take out his bicycle. He climbed on and sped down the street. He made it in 5 minutes and walked into the classroom.
 
`Empty as usual,” Syaoran thought as he entered. He made a habit of always being the first one there.
 
“Syaoran! Why'd you leave without me?!”
 
“Ohayo Meiling,” Syaoran simply answered.
 
Despite being back in China, Syaoran couldn't help but let his Japanese slip on occasion.
 
Meiling smiled gently. She knew he was homesick. One might wonder how Syaoran could be homesick since he was home, but to Syaoran, home was anywhere Sakura was. His need and want to be near her was growing continuously. He couldn't stand that damn ocean being in their way.
 
She decided to let him off…for now, but it didn't mean she wouldn't do it again.
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
`She was wondering how I knew her name. Soon my little cherry blossom, soon,' Shiika thought as he walked down the school hallway.
 
Little did Kinomoto Sakura know she was going to face many troubles very soon. Shiika continued walking the corridor but gave an evil smirk in the classroom Sakura was stationed to. He noticed she became suddenly attentive and was looking around the classroom as if she was looking for something.
 
“Sakura-chan, what's the matter?” Tomoyo whispered.
 
Class was currently going on and Sakura suddenly became nervous with no warning.
 
“I'll tell you after school,” Sakura whispered back.
 
 
After School
 
“…and then he said my name as if he knew me my whole life,” Sakura had just relayed her story to Tomoyo and was shaking in fear from the whole thing.
 
Seeing this, Tomoyo instantly hugged her best friend and rubbed her back in comfort. Sakura was one of the sweetest people in the world and she would never hurt anybody, and yet life seemed to give her the worst situations.
 
“So why did you seem so nervous in class today?” Tomoyo broke apart their hug to ask.
 
“I sensed someone watching me, and it wasn't very pleasant,” Sakura stated.
 
“Oh dear; what will you do if he attacks you Sakura-chan?” Tomoyo feared for her best friend's life.
 
“I'll have to fight,” she stated dejectedly.
 
Sakura truly hated fighting against anybody.
 
“What if Li-kun was to come and help you?” Tomoyo stated with logic.
 
“Iie, he has school and training. I wouldn't want to be a bother,” she said with true humility.
 
Tomoyo sighed dejectedly. She knew that what made Sakura so wonderful was that she was so selfless, but sometimes she wished that Sakura would be just a little selfish. She would call Meiling-chan later and see if they could work anything out.
 
“I'll simply have to fight,” Sakura repeated.
 
“Good, because you're going to fight now,” Sakura gasped as she saw Shiika Yinho suddenly appear in the tree above her.
 
He was dressed differently this morning. Instead of the helmet and biker jacket, he was wearing ceremonial robes extremely similar to Syaoran-kun's. He jumped from the tree and revealed a sword also like Syaoran-kun's but this sword contained a powerful aura. It was a dark black aura and just seeing it made Sakura shiver again.
 
 
Hong Kong
 
Syaoran gasped in surprise. Sakura's aura was scared, and was starting to call out to his in a desperate attempt to find him. He was currently riding his bike home from school when he felt her aura filled with fear. Upon realizing this, he sped up and got home as fast as possible.
 
He went into the house and instantly felt for his mother's aura. Realizing that she was in the library, he ran in and stated, “Mother, I'm going back to Japan.”
 
One might think that Syaoran's mother was going to get upset or laugh, but no. She understood perfectly.
 
“Go and get packed, and bring Meiling with you,” Yelan stated instantly.
 
Syaoran complied and hurried to get his bags packed. There was no way Syaoran was going to let anything happen to Sakura.
 
 
Author's Notes: Left it off at a mini cliffhanger. Gomen minna ^^;; I will post more soon, but I first need feedback! Give me your input and constructed criticism if need be.