Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifices ❯ Lost Hopes ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8 Lost Hopes
A new feeling was inside Eriol's heart. At last he could talk to the girl he loved and make things clear in between them. At last he was going to be able to make things clear with Tomoyo and nothing could go wrong…or at least that's what he thought.
That morning he was preparing everything for their breakfast. He was so happy that he almost seemed like another person.
“Master?” asked Spinnel entering the kitchen.
“Today is a good day.” Said Eriol making breakfast.
“Really? Are there good news?” said Spinnel.
“Actually yes. Tomoyo is coming for breakfast and I will have the opportunity to talk to her after all that has happened.”
“Well, that's great, master! I'm very happy for you.” Said Spinnel.
“TOMOYO IS COMING FOR BREAKFAST?” shouted Nakuru running around the kitchen.
“And where did you come from?” said Spinnel bitterly.
“Um… ask Eriol I have never really been able to answer that question by myself…” said Nakuru innocently.
“please…patience…” said Spinnel to himself rolling his eyes. “Why aren't you normal?
“Let me tell you “pussy cat” that if someone is normal here that is ME. Where in this world do you see a talking, flying cat?”
“Look you peace of s-…”
“Ok you two that's enough!” shouted Eriol to both of them.
“He/she started!” said both of them at the same time. Eriol smiled.
“Ok… today not even you two can make me get angry so get out.”
“But…” said Nakuru
“Out.”
“But…” said Spinnel.
“Out!” said Eriol pushing them out of the kitchen.
While he was closing the door he could hear both of them start a fight and then, after closing the door started to feel that the house trembled. He chuckled and simply said “kids…” then he continued with the cooking.
Meantime downtown…
“Good morning, can I help you?” said the girl in the bakery.
Tomoyo didn't answer she was just walking inside the bakery looking at the cakes and candies.
“Miss?” said the girl.
Tomoyo turned towards her.
“Can I help you?”
“Oh…yes. I'm sorry I am a bit… doesn't matter. Do you have cherry cheese cake?” said Tomoyo.
“yes, let me bring it. Wait a moment please.”
“Sure, thanks.” Said Tomoyo and kept looking at the other cakes.
In that moment Sakura entered the bakery by Li's hand. They looked very happy and were looking at the pies.
“Look darling…” said Li. “Isn't that Tomoyo?”
“Yes, but… she looks strange.”
“Hey Tomoyo!” said Li. Tomoyo turned towards them and faking a smile walked towards them.
“Hi! How are you? How is the little one?” she said happily.
“Growing everyday.” Said Li putting his hand in Sakura's belly. “And, how are you?”
Tomoyo shook her head. “I'm perfect! Actually I'm happier than ever.”
Tomoyo was very good at faking with her feelings. She really looked happier than ever. Li just smiled at her but Sakura was not totally convinced about her attitude. She had learned throughout all this years to recognize Tomoyo's fake moods. Then she looked to her hand and saw an engagement ring. Her eyes widened and then looked at Tomoyo who, with her eyes, pleaded Sakura for silence.
“So… What are you doing here?” asked Sakura.
“I came for a pie.”
“You! Really? The mistress of gourmet buying a cake?”
“Actually I didn't have time to bake one last night. I was too tired…”
“Really? Why?” asked Sakura suspiciously.
“Darling, I don't think we have to know why Tomoyo gets tired at night.” Said Li teasing her.
“Oh stop!” said Sakura laughing at her husband's comment. “And…where are you going that you look great in that outfit of yours?”
“I'm having breakfast with Eriol.” She said with the biggest fake smile ever.
“Oh! I see…” said Sakura thinking that she had understood the reason why she had that ring in her finger.
“Here is your pie, miss.” Said the girl at the bakery handing her pie to Tomoyo.
“Thank you.” She paid and then said good bye to Sakura and Li.
She got into her car thinking about many things. Why had this happened if everything was just perfect? Her plans with Kakero were almost a hundred percent probable to work. What had made Kakero tell his father everything and decide to marry her.
Flashback
“I should have done this a long time before.”
Tomoyo looked at him not understanding what he meant.

Kakero kneeled before Tomoyo and took a little box from his pocket. Tomoyo's eyes widened and tried to stop him. Everyone was looking at them.

“Tomoyo, will you marry me?” said Kakero to Tomoyo.
“WHAT!?!
“Will you marry me?” asked Kakero again.
“What are you doing?” said Tomoyo almost in a whisper to him.
“Asking you for marriage.” Said Kakero with a huge smile.
“What...Wh..what is this all about?” asked Tomoyo still not understanding why the hell he was asking that.
Kakero went back to his seat. And everyone in the restaurant were still staring at them so they decided to move to a private table.
“Tomoyo, last night I talked to my father. I told him everything.”
“What…why?...” she couldn't believe it.
“I told him everything and I apologized and he didn't mind at all.”
Tomoyo just kept looking at him not believing what she was listening.
“I also told him that I had fallen in love with you.” He continued.
“oh…Kakero…”
“I love you Tomoyo. Ever since my father told me he wanted me to marry you I totally agreed. You, besides my mother, are the most beautiful person that I've ever met. Please accept and I swear I'll make you happy.”
“But Kakero... We talked about this, what happened to everything you told me? You that if I marry you your father will continue harming people…”
“Look, if Eriol Hiiragizawa is the problem I will simply get rid of him…”
“What are you talking about?” asked Tomoyo.
“I'll make sure that he disappears so that we can be entirely happy and everything will be just fine!”
Tomoyo was speechless. She couldn't believe that a week ago she had been planning something to stop Kakero's father and now she was forced to marry Kakero so that she could save Eriol's life.
“Don't do this Kakero…”
“It's your choice…”
She dropped her head and looked at the floor.
“…fine...” she whispered.
“Fine what?”
“I'll marry you.” She said not looking at him.
Kakero smiled widely and hugged her. “I swear I'll make you happy.” Then he looked at her, a single tear was rolling down her cheek.
“Don't cry, please. Everything will be just fine.” He said tenderly taking her hands. She just nodded and faked a smile.
End of flashback
“Miss Daidouji? Should I go back home or are you staying?”
“huh?” Tomoyo looked through the window and saw that they were outside Eriol's mansion.
“Oh! I'm sorry Arista.”
Arista was her personal guard since her past one had been fired after she got kidnapped. She didn't know her that much but there was something in her that made Tomoyo trust her as a dear friend. She was standing by the car's door waiting for her to get down.
“Are you all right, miss?” she asked worried.
“Yes…I'll be. Thank you.” Tomoyo said gloomily.
“At what time shall I pick you up?”
“I'll give you a call.” She said getting down the car and taking the pie. Arista was looking at her.
“I'm fine really. You can go back home now.” She said smiling at her.
“Miss, I know it is not my business but yesterday you didn't seem as happy as a woman should be after a proposal.”
Tomoyo's eyes widened “How did you…I…”
“My job is to take care of you miss. The truth is that I can't leave you alone a second because you are running from home the next minute.”
“Did you tell anyone?” asked Tomoyo worried.
“No miss, my job is to make sure you are fine not to make sure your mother finds out about your personal life.”
Tomoyo smiled looking at the floor.
I didn't expect him to do that.”
“You seemed worried…”
“Did you listen to anything?”
“No. I just saw when he gave you the ring and then you started talking. Then when you came out you looked pretty sad and you had the ring in your finger.”
“Really Arista, there is nothing to worry about… he gave me bad news from his family, that's why I was sad.” Tomoyo lied.
“All right miss.” She got into the car. “Just for you to know, you can't be forced to give up your happiness.” Then she left.
Tomoyo stayed there just looking to the car far in the street thinking of what Arista had told her.
…it's not as easy as it seems…
Then she walked towards Eriol's front door.
“Here we go…” she sighed and right before she could knock the door opened.
“Eriol?”
No one answered. It was all strangely dark as it was around ten in the morning. She entered and decided to wait for him in the living room. Then she heard a noise from behind the couch in front of her. She saw two big yellow eyes and heard a growling.
“W..who is there?” she asked very nervously.
She stood up to see who was there when suddenly a huge black panther jumped over making her fall almost head over feet in the biggest couch.
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH…” she screamed.
The huge panther started laughing hysterically and started rolling on the floor.
Spinnel!” said Tomoyo not believing her eyes. Then she heard another laugh coming as well from behind the couch.
“Nakuru!”
They were both laughing in the floor.
“y…ou..should, hahahaha you should have seen your face!” said Nakuru.
“You totally freaked out! Hahaha” said Spinnel.
“Now you tell me, what did you do to him?” asked Tomoyo to Nakuru in a menacing tone.
“Me? Noooothing at all… hahahahaha” she said. “He was getting really annoying a while ago when Master took us out the kitchen so... I sort of…kind of…”
“What did you do?” asked Tomoyo.
“IStuffedTheWholeBagOfMarsmallowsIntoHisMouth!”
“Excuse me?”
“I stuffed the whole bag of marshmallows into his mouth.” She said innocently.
“Oh I see…” she said chuckling and looking at the poor Spinnel who was still laughing out loud.
“Poor thing…” said Tomoyo giggling.
“What is all that noise…” Said Eriol coming out from the kitchen. “Tomoyo! Hi! How long have you have been here?”
“Actually just a couple of minutes.”
Eriol saw Spinnel laughing hysterically. “Bloody hell…what did you do to him?” he asked Nakuru.
“Nothing!”
“Ok just forget it. Tomoyo will you please…” he said for her to follow him.
They went into the dinning room and it was beautifully ordered with the breakfast and it looked very fancy. It made Tomoyo remember about the dinner they had the night she got kidnapped.
They had their breakfast and talked about old memories. Like the time when he send her a bouquet of roses and made her pay for them. Or the time when she elaborated a photograph of him wearing pink hearted boxers, flowers in his head and dancing in the middle of the penguin park. And the time when she decided to post that photograph in the school newspaper as she was the editor. They remembered how when they were younger they used to play jokes between them and those were great moments.
“I don't even remember owning those boxers!” said Eriol laughing
“Photo editor. Quite a fun program when you know how to use it.” Said Tomoyo also laughing.
“It's been a while since I heard you laughing.”
Tomoyo was blushing.
what happened to those times?” said Eriol getting back to the conversation.
“I guess we grew up, Eriol.”
“I miss them you know? It was fun to see you angry.”
“And it was fun to remember your face when I posted the photograph…hahaha.” Said Tomoyo.
They talked for a while and then went for a walk to his garden.
“Remember that tree?” asked Eriol. “The time I caught you in one of your practical jokes…”
Tomoyo didn't say anything and just sighed.
“You were about to throw that bottle full of I don't know what and…”
“I...need to tell you something.” Said Tomoyo interrupting him.
“What is it?” said Eriol looking at her. She was very serious. “Tomoyo you are scaring me. Yesterday you seemed so happy and now you…” said Eriol looking at her. “What is it?”
Tomoyo took a deep breath and looked at him.
“Eriol…I'm...
“what…”
“I'm… getting married.”
Eriol didn't say anything he just kept staring at her.
“That is why I had been so…strange…(A/N; she meant cold) with you. I didn't know how you were going to react.”
Eriol was looking at the floor with a sad sort of smile on his face. “I knew it…”
She looked at him.
“When you came in you seemed different. And I noticed the ring in your finger. I tried to ignore it but I kind of knew it was an engagement ring. I must say Kakero is a very lucky man...”
Tomoyo was very surprised as she didn't expect him to say that.
“When are you going to...” he asked not being able to finish.
“In three months.” Said Tomoyo not looking at him.
“Well. I'm very happy that you have found the one.” He said smiling as if he really meant it.
“I wanted you to be the first to know...as you are my best friend.” She said
“I'll be very happy to see you married to the one you love, Tomoyo.” He lied
Tomoyo could believe his attitude. He seemed like he didn't care. What she didn't know was that Eriol was dying inside as he was looking how his life's love was going to be taken away for ever. They didn't say anything for a while.
“I think I must go…” said Tomoyo. “I'm eating at Sakura's.”
“Yes. I can drive you there.” Said Eriol.
“Thanks but Arista is waiting for me…”
“All right. I guess I'll see you one of these days.”
“Thank you…” then she left.
Eriol sat right were he was standing. He couldn't believe it.
“I should have known…” Then, without him noticing, a tear started to run down his face followed by a few more.
Come up to meet you tell you I'm sorry
you don't know how lovely u are
I had to find you tell you I need you
tell you I set u apart
Tomoyo started running towards the penguin park. She sat on a bench in the middle of the park and started crying like crazy. She had been containing her tears since she saw Eriol coming from the kitchen that morning and then, to her good fortune it started raining. She just stayed there weeping and realizing that she, indeed, had to give up happiness to save her love's life. Raining was pouring wildly but she didn't mind. She could stay there all day and she did pressing against her the necklace that Eriol had given to her.
Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
no body said it was easy
no one ever said it would be this hard
oh take me back to the start…
She was thinking about that time Eriol mentioned when he had caught her in one of her jokes. The day that she would never be able to forget…ever.
Tell me you love me
come back and hold me
over a rush to the start…
“ I'm sorry…” she said referring to Eriol and kept sitting on the bench with the rain falling.
Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
no body said it was easy
no one ever said it would be so hard
oh take me back to the start…
(A/N: to appreciate better this part of the chapter listen to : “The Scientist” from Coldplay)
The next day Sakura went to Tomoyo's house to have tea and a little talk. Tomoyo told her about her engagement with Kakero, something that Sakura refused to believe.
“Yes? You said yes?” asked Sakura not believing what she was hearing.
“Yes! Isn't it great? He is so kind and I love him.” Said Tomoyo happily.
“Oh don't insult my intelligence Miss. Daidouji. It is OBVIOUS that you are in love with no other than Eriol.”
“That was long time ago…”
“Long time ago? God Tomoyo two months ago you were totally out of this world the day you went for dinner with him! I mean you told me everything was just like a dream…”
“It's over. I never loved him. He is my best friend and will always be so.”
Did you tell him?”
“Yes, yesterday when we were remembering the old days.”
“And…what did he say?”
“Nothing, he simply said that Kakero was a fortunate man…” said Tomoyo sadly.
“I can't believe this…I swear that you are meant for each other. He loves you!”
Tomoyo ignored Sakura's last three words and just changed the conversation.
“Would you like more tea?”
“No thanks…” said Sakura sighing then she smiled a little.
“What are you smiling at?” asked Tomoyo.
“I remember one day about three or four years ago you came running to my home and told me that the stupid Eriol had found out about your joke and he had won that time but that he would never win again.
Tomoyo was smiling.
I also remember there was something weird about the way you said it. You had a very strange sort of smile in your face. I asked you what had happened and you didn't say anything.” Said Sakura looking at her.
yes… Eriol and I were also remembering about that day.”
“What happened? You never told me.”
“You are not going to believe this…”
Flash back
It was the day. The day when Tomoyo was going to have revenge on everything Eriol had done to her. She was sixteen but that didn't matter at all, she could still play a little joke on her best friend.
“Oh kami-sama this smells terrible…” said Tomoyo pouring a strange mixture in what seemed to be an empty lotion bottle. “Now all I have to do is change this bottle for the lotion he wears everyday and he'll regret messing up with me.” She said smiling maliciously.
A few days earlier Eriol had given to her a beautiful bottle of body lotion which smelled delicious but which also had an enchantment. Everything that she got in touch with will automatically stick like glue but stronger. You can imagine what happened when she started combing her hair…
“Done!”
Tomoyo went to Eriol's house believing that he was not there because he had fencing practice that day. She climbed (yes…climbed… so as you can guess she was pretty psssd off.) up Eriol's room window and entered to change the bottle but the second she touched it Eriol appeared in the door.
“What in this world do you think you are doing?” asked Eriol smiling.
“I…um… brought a new lotion for you.” Said Tomoyo innocently.
“Oh really?” he said taking the bottle from her hand.
“Yes! Try it. I can almost swear you will like it. I wanted it to be a surprise but I guess you caught me.”
“Oh and why don't I try it on…YOU!”
He started chasing her all over the house and Tomoyo was running down the stairs to the front door but it was locked so she decided to get into the garden and then again climb but this time up a huge cherry tree he had in his backyard. Tomoyo thought she was safe but just then she heard a voice behind her.
“Did you really think that you could hide from me in my own house?”
“AAAAAAGH!” cried Tomoyo and lost equilibrium, she grabbed Eriol's shoulder and they both fell hard on the ground. Tomoyo on top of Eriol.
“Are you all right?” he asked her.
“You horrible little snake…” but before she could do anything Eriol stopped her rolling over and grabbing her hands, he now on top of her.
“Get off me!” she said angrily.
“I didn't hear a please” he said mocking her.
“Please? It was your fault what happened and besides that you are really-…”
But before Tomoyo could finish her sentence Eriol's lips were on hers silencing her. Tomoyo tried to move but she gave up feeling something weird in the pitch of her stomach when she felt his lips and then... his tongue…their first real kiss. They kissed for a little while and they didn't say a word, they just kept looking at each other still lying on the grass beneath that cherry tree.
End of flash back
“You have to be kidding me! I didn't know you two had kissed! Four years and not a word of this!” said Sakura smiling. Why didn't you tell me?”
“I made him swear over Clow's grave that he wasn't going to tell anyone. I remember that I almost hit him in the face but I just couldn't, I sort of liked it.” She said smiling.
“And I thought he was an innocent gentleman.” Said Sakura laughing.
“He actually was an innocent gentleman. He was such a dope…He threw away the good lotion and the next day he smelled like onion and garlic with mashed insects and some old perfume I found in a box in my house.”
Sakura and Tomoyo laughed remembering old days and had a great day. Then she took Sakura home.
“Sakura…Do you think I can talk to your brother?” asked Tomoyo.
“Sure! But he isn't home right now. He told me something about a job I don't remember.”
“Oh it's fine just tell him I'd like to talk to him.”
Sakura looked at her suspiciously. “If there was anything wrong you'd tell me right?”
“Of course I would silly!” She lied. “You are like my sister, never forget that! See you tomorrow.”
“Good bye.”
Tomoyo was heading towards her car when she heard a voice.
“How is my beautiful princess today?”
Tomoyo jumped at the sound of his voice.
“Hi Kakero. You scared me.” She said smiling.
“I wonder if you would like to have tea with me at my home.”
“Um…your home?” she said nervously.
“Yes, is there something wrong about it?” he asked.
Well… actually your house is kind of scary I don't like it that much afterwell you know…”
“Fine…Where do you want to go?”
“To…You know? why don't we go just for a walk in the park?” she asked.
“Sure…”
Tomoyo knew that there was something wrong with Kakero since the last night they saw each other. This wasn't him. She knew something had happened to him because he was behaving weird and which was the reason for him to confess with his father. This wasn't right and she was going to find out. Once in the park they started walking and Kakero was telling her how amazing their wedding was going to be at which Tomoyo only answered with little smiles and nodding.
“…and the church will be perfect!” he said very happy.
“Church?” asked Tomoyo
“Yes. Oh! I forgot to tell you that my father is a very religious man and we are marrying in the church.”
“I…didn't know that.” She said a bit confused. “You bet he's very religious…”
“Did you say something?”
“Huh? No…no, Kakero, can I ask you something?”
“Sure my love.”
“What happened that night that we went to the park?”
“What do you mean?” said Kakero not understanding.
“Yes, I mean, did you talk to your father that night?”
“Well yes…”said Kakero thinking hard trying to remember. “I remember I entered my room and started a discussion with my father but I can't remember exactly why. Then I started feeling ill. My father was very worried and he took care of me. Then we talked about my mom and how perfect life was when she was alive. I can't even remember how many days I was ill in my bed listening to my father telling me stories about my mom.”
Tomoyo kept looking at him not completely believing what she was listening.
“After listening to all those wonderful stories I knew that I wanted to have her back and the only way was marrying you and I don't mind at all as you know that I love you.”
He then got closer to Tomoyo trying to kiss her but she turned her head and he could only kiss her cheek.
“Kakero…I must be going.”
“Can I drive you home?”
“Arista is coming for me thank you.” She stood up and turned to him. “Are you sure that is what really happened.”
“Well, that's what I remember… sure it did.”
She nodded and said good bye with her hand and left.
 
Tomoyo-tenshi: ANOOOOTHER chapter done! Yes YES OHHHHH YES.
Mankiet: seriously sister…I think I'll have to tell him.
Tomoyo-tenshi: tell who?
Mankiet: Your boyfriend.
Tomoyo-tenshi: What?
Mankiet: That you are cheating on him with your laptop.
Tomoyo-tenshi: SHUT UP! (she throws a pillow in his face. Then she looks at readers.) Here is my chapter. Poor Tomoyo… Having to marry someone that she doesn't love in a twisted intention of making it old fashioned…Can it get worse? Oh yes…. Just wait to see the next chapter.
REVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW…. Bye.
Oh and by the way if you want you can mail me I promise I'll answer as soon as possible but no e-mail is going to be ignored. Take care and be happy!