Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura's Next Challenge ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura or any of its characters. The other characters are mine. I made them up one day when I was insanely bored. Please don't sue me I don't really have much. If you do decide to sue me, don't expect to get much more than a few dollars and some change. Well, hope you enjoy this fic. ^_^ The time is also set when Sakura and her friends are older. Sakura, Tomoyo, and Syaoran are in Middle School now.

----------------------------------------------

Sakura's Next Challenge - Episode 1

----------------------------------------------

Tomoeda City, Japan

A dark figure sits in the shadows as it watched the city.

"This shall be great fun, for everyone."

Another person watched the dark figure. He narrowed his eyes at the figure. He knew what it was up to and was determined to stop it.

Tomoeda Middle School

Bell rings. Sakura and Syaoran are walking home together. Kero is floating next to Sakura.

"Xiao Lang!" A girl shouted sweetly.

Syaoran groaned.
"Who's that?" Sakura asked.

"My cousin."

"You're cousin?"

"Yeah. She just arrived from Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago. She's older than I am. She's in high school. She really sweet and has good intentions but sometimes her good intentions turn into bad situations."

"Oh. Can I meet you sometime?"

"Sure. You can meet her now if you like."

"Li Xiao Lang, where are you? You have homework to do."

"See, she's nice."

"Well, who's this pretty young lady?" Lin asked.

"Lin, this is Sakura, my girlfriend. Sakura, this is Lin, my cousin."

"Oh, Xiao Lang has told me so much about you. You're just as pretty as he claims you are."

Sakura blushed.

"You have great power Sakura." Lin's eyes became intense. "You will need all of your friends and you power to help you out."

" Huh?" Sakura and Syaoran were totally confused.

Lin smiled and waved her hand. "Oops, it's nothing. Just forget what I said just now." Then she laughed.

Sakura and Syaoran sweat-dropped.

"I think I should be getting home." Sakura said.

"Alright. I'll see you later." Syaoran said.

"Yeah. See you later." Sakura said.

"I love you." Syaoran whispered.

"I love you too." Sakura whispered back.

Kinomoto residence

Sakura sat in her room, trying to finish her homework, but couldn't. She was thinking of all of her friends that she made while capturing the Clow Cards, and even after. Tomoyo, who was her best friend, also made the costumes that Sakura wore to capture the cards and tried to tape every one of the captures on her video cameras. Kero, also known as Kerberos, was the guardian beast of the seal to the Clow Book and helped her capture the cards to reseal them back into the book; he also helped her build up her powers. Syaoran had come from Hong Kong and was a direct descendant of Clow Reed himself. Syaoran also helped her capture the cards and to get out of danger. Sakura and Syaoran were now happily dating. Then there was Yukito, her brother's best friend. Toya and Yukito were always together and Sakura had liked him at first but things changed. Yukito had become Yue! The one who performed the Final Trial and decided who the new master of the Clow Cards would be. The master of the cards was now Sakura. Toya, her brother, had known about spirits and magic at that time, but wound up giving his powers to Yue to help protect Sakura. He may have picked on his little sister, but he loved her very much. Toya never actually got around to telling Yukito how he felt, but the two were dating now. Ms. Mitsuki was their math teacher for a year and knew everything about Clow Magic, she too helped Sakura and the others on their journey. Eriol Hiiragizawa, Nakuru Akizuki, and Spinel Sun, now there were some strange characters in the beginning. Eriol was actually Clow Reed reincarnated and tested Sakura and her magic. He tested the others too, but not like he tested Sakura. He wanted to see how well she used the cards. Nakuru was Ruby Moon, and Spinel Sun, which Nakuru liked to call Souppy, were Eriol's guardians and were much like Yue and Kerberos. The Clow Cards were no longer Clow Cards but Sakura Cards.

"Hey! I thought you were supposed to be doing your homework, kijou."

"Phwee, Toya. I am, I was just thinking about something."

"You were thinking about that brat again, weren't you? You still spend too much time with him. And I still don't like him, Sakura."

"Toya, you haven't liked him since the beginning. You know he helped me with the cards."

"Yeah, but…"

"What is it?"

"Nothing. I thought I saw something."

"Huh? Where?" she asked, looking out her window.

"It was nothing, kijou."

"Toya…"

Toya left Sakura to finish with her homework. But she still couldn't.

"Dinner time!" shouted Fujitaka.

"Coming! Kero-chan, stay here. You know the drill."

"Of course. I stay here and you bring me food. But remind me again why I have to stay in here. Your brother knows about me."

"Hai, but otto-san doesn't. I don't want to scare him."

"Ah, soka. All right. I'll stay here then."

"Arigato, Kero-chan."

Down stairs

"Dinner was great! I'm going to finish my homework now."

"With dessert?" her father asked.

"Um, hai. I was going to eat it while I finished." Sakura smiled as she went up the stairs.

"All right."

Sakura went up to her room.

"Pudding! My favorite!" Kero said.

"You only get half this time. I want some too." Sakura said.

"Oh, alright. You're no fun."

The phone rang. Someone picked it up, then a knock came at her door.

"Hey, Sakura, phone for you."

"Who is it?"

"I don't know. Otto-san picked it up."

"Alright. I've got it."

Toya closed the door.

"Hai?"

"Kobenwa, Sakura-chan."

"Tomoyo-chan! What's up?"

"Oh nothing. I was just wondering since tomorrow is the start of break, if you wanted to go somewhere."

"Sure, I'd love to. But to where?"
"It's a surprise."

"A surprise for me?"
"Hai. I'll come to pick you up tomorrow at nine."
"All right. I'll be ready."

"Okay. See you."
"Ja."

`A surprise just for me? Wow! I wonder what it is. It's from Tomoyo-chan so it'll be great whatever it is.'

"Oi, I thought you wanted some of this."

"No, you can have it Kero-chan."

"Whoa! What's with you? You're acting weird. First you say you want some and now you don't. This is weird."

"Daijobu, Kero-chan. I'm just thinking. Tomoyo has a surprise for me tomorrow. She's taking me somewhere and it's a surprise."

"Oh. I like surprises. Well, when they're good surprises."

Sakura smiled at her little friend.

The next morning

"Ohayoo. Is Sakura ready?"

"I'm coming!" Sakura shouted as she came down the stairs.

"There you are. Come on or we're going to be late."

"Late? For what?"
"It's a surprise. Remember?"

"Oh yeah. I forgot." Sakura smiled at Tomoyo. Sakura and Tomoyo left in a limousine. "Syaoran!? What are you doing here?"
"I'm…leaving after break."

"Wha-?"

"He's leaving, Sakura."

"No. Why? Nandaio?"
"My cousin thinks it'll be best if I went home for awhile."

"Was this the surprise, Tomoyo?"
"Iie. I'm taking you two somewhere. It's a surprise for both of you. Syaoran doesn't know where we're going either."

Sakura looked at Syaoran. He shook his head. They were all silent for the rest of the ride, even Kero was quiet. No matter how much he said he didn't like Syaoran, he did like him and didn't want to see him go either. They reached their destination and got out of the car.

"This is beautiful. Wow! Why did you bring us here, Tomoyo-chan?" Sakura said.

"I think both of you know why." Tomoyo smiled. "I'll see you two later." She got back into the car, pulling Kero back in by his tale.

"Oi! What was that for?"

"Kero-chan, I want them to be alone for this. They need some time alone for romantic stuff before Li-kun leaves. They haven't really had much time alone."

In a secluded park

Sakura walked farther into the trees.

"I wonder why Tomoyo brought us here. Don't you, Syaoran?" Sakura turned around and looked at him.

"Uh-yeah." Syaoran smiled. He had been watching Sakura walk. He was thinking how nice it would be to hold her in his arms again, like when he first came back to Tomoeda. Sakura might have been a cute little girl back in elementary school, but now she was growing up to become a beautiful young lady. Syaoran was no exception; he was growing into a handsome young man. They were in Middle School now. Almost adults, and Syaoran was in love with Sakura. They had been through a lot since the first time they met during the capturing of the Clow Cards.

`I admit, I thought, when I was younger, that I liked Yuki. He was a nice guy and all, but he's Yue, even now. I think all that drew me to him was the magical powers that I felt coming from him. Now, Yuki is just a thing of the past. Sakura's the one now.'

"I'm the one what, Syaoran?"

"Oh, I was thinking about before, when I left for Hong Kong and that you were my number one." He hadn't realized that he said those last words out loud.

"I was your number one?" Sakura said, slightly sad.

Syaoran had to act quickly. "You still are, Sakura."

Sakura cheered up. "Really?"

"Yes." Syaoran hated to see Sakura sad. "I really do love you, Sakura."

Sakura smiled and put her arms around Syaoran's neck. "I love you too, Syaoran."

"Sakura?"

"Yes?"

"I think I know why Tomoyo brought us here and left us alone."

"Oh. Why?"

"So that we could have some time alone together for this."

"Do you really think so?"

Syaoran nodded. He took Sakura's hand in his and started walking. They came to a lake and stopped. It was beautiful. The morning light sparkled in the clear water. Syaoran took Sakura into his arms and held her gently.

"Remember, Sakura, I will always protect you. No matter what."

Sakura rested her head on Syaoran's chest and sighed happily. Syaoran smiled. He leaned down and kissed Sakura on the top of her head. Sakura looked up at Syaoran and smiled. He leaned down and kissed her softly.

Back in the limousine

"Oh, isn't that so cute and sweet?" Tomoyo said as she saw the two walking hand in hand.

"Do what?"

"Finally be romantic and everything."

Kero sighed. "I didn't get you guys when you were kids and you're even more confusing when you're teenagers. I'm never going to get used to you guys, am I?"

"Probably not, Kero."

"That's what I was afraid you were going to say."

Back at the park

"Sakura?"
"Yeah?"
"What is you're brother going to think?"

"Of what?"
"Us."

"Oh. I don't care what he thinks."

"He still doesn't like me very much."

"I know. But he can learn to live with the fact that we're together as a couple. Not just friends anymore. Besides, we've been together for awhile now and if he's not over it by now then tough."

"Well, if you don't care then I don't care either."

Sakura smiled.

A few days later

"Konichiwa, Yuki-kun!" A girl came up behind him and hugged him.

"Oh, konichiwa, Lin-chan."

"Doshite no?"

"Iie, I've just been feeling strange lately."

"Strange? Why?"
"I don't know. It just started recently."

"Maybe you need to rest."

"I don't think I need rest. I've been sitting here the whole time."

"Hm, maybe you should see a doctor."

"I don't think it's that serious. I'll be fine." Yukito got up and started walking away.

"Yuki…"

Then Yukito fainted.

"Yuki!" Lin shouted as she ran to him. She reached him just as he was about to hit the ground. She was holding him in her arms when Toya came running out.

"I saw you holding Yuki. Is everything all right?" he asked.

"I don't know. I was talking to him, asking him if he was okay. He told me he was fine and walked away, then he fainted. I'm scared, Toya."

"It's okay, Lin. Don't worry. Yuki will be fine. He just needs some sleep." `Yuki, what's wrong? Is it Yue?'

Kinomoto residence

"Did you sense that, Kero?"

"Sure did."

"What was it?"

"Not sure. It's new."

Just then the phone rang.

"Hai? Kinomoto residence."

"Sakura, did you feel that?" Syaoran asked.

"Hai. Do you know what it was?"
"Iie. It wasn't anything that I've ever felt before."

"Should we get together and find out what it was?"

"Maybe. But I'm not sure. I only felt it for a minute."

"Me too. This is strange."

"Yeah."

"I'm home!" Toya shouted from downstairs.

"I have to go, my brother's home. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, ja ne. I love you, Sakura. "

"Ja. I love you too, Syaoran."

Sakura hung up the phone.

"Who were talking to, Sakura?"

"Uh, nobody."

"Hm…it was him again, wasn't it?"

"H-hai."

"Sakura, you know I don't like him."

"I don't care, Toya. I'm growing up, you can't boss me around anymore."

"You're still dating him aren't you?"

"Yes, I am. You can't stop me, Toya. I'm growing up and you can't tell me who I can and can't date. I love him, Toya, and you know I do."

Toya looked at his little sister.

"Well, I guess you're right. There's no stopping you, Sakura. You are growing up. I had a girlfriend when I was your age, too."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but you know how it is. Big brother always watching out for little sister, making sure her heart doesn't get broken by some creep guy."

"But Syaoran's not a creep, Toya. We love each other and we've known each other since we were little kids."

"That's true. I guess you can go out with him, but I'm not going to like it much."

"Arigato, Toya. I know you're only doing this because you love me."

"Yeah, whatever, kijou."

The phone rang again.

"Hai? Kinomoto residence."

"Kobenwa, is Toya home?"

"He's busy right now."

"Alright. Can you tell him Lin called?"
"Oh, Lin? Let me go get him then. Hold on a moment."

"Alright."

Sakura went to get her brother.

"Toya, phone for you."

"I'm busy."

"But it's Lin."

"…OH!" Toya ran down the stairs and took up the phone. "Lin?"

"Hai…"
"What's wrong?"

"I think you should come over."

"I'm on my way. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Alright."

"Bye."
"Bye."

`I hope you're all right, Yuki. Please be all right.'

"Toya, where are you going?"
"I'm going to Yuki's."

"Can I come?"

"I don't know about that." Toya thought for a moment. "Yeah, come on. You may be of some help."

Tsukisiro residence

"Yuki, please wake up." Lin cried.

Toya entered the house.

"What's wrong, Lin?"

"He won't wake up, Toya! What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I brought Sakura with me to see if she could help."

"What can she do?"
"You'll see."

"Yukito…" Sakura whispered. "What's wrong, Yukito?" She closed her eyes and put her hands on Yuki's arm. She was still and silent for a few moments. Her eyes shot open suddenly. "It's Yue!"

"Yue? What about him, Sakura?"

"He's in trouble. Something's happening to him. Something strange is going on here."

"What is she talking about?" Lin asked.

"Oh, that's right. You don't know."
"Don't know what? Toya, tell me."
"Have you ever heard of Clow Reed and the Clow Cards?"
"Hai. Clow Reed died a long time ago."
"That's right. Well, Sakura is the new master of the Clow Cards. Yue and Kerberos are her loyal protectors. Yukito is Yue's earth form. He stays in this form to conserve energy."
"You have magical powers." Sakura said to Lin.

"How do you know that?"
"I can sense it."

"Wow! You must be a very good magician to sense other's magical powers."
"Yes. But I wasn't always this strong."

"I used to have powers, too." Toya said.

"What happened to them?" Lin asked.

"I gave them to Yue to protect Sakura because, at the time, she wasn't strong enough for him to take his power from her."
"I'm strong enough now."
"You sure are, kijou."

Sakura smiled at her brother.

"What about Yuki now? What will happen to him?"
"Hopefully nothing will happen to him. Hopefully I can help Yue before anything worse happens."

"I hope you can help him, too, Sakura. I love Yuki very much. He's my best friend and like a brother to me. He's protected me since we were little kids, even when we weren't around each other." Lin smiled and closed her eyes. "Please be all right, Yuki."

"Lin…?"

"Yuki! You're awake!"

"What happened?"

"You fainted and were asleep all day." Toya said.

"Toya?"

"I know something is wrong with Yue, Yukito." Sakura said.

"Sakura? Well, it's just a regular party over here, isn't it?"

"Do you know what's wrong with him, Yukito?"
"Let me try to get him." Yuki closed his eyes. Nothing happened. He opened his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Toya asked.

"I can't get him. I can't find him. I know he's there, but I can't seem to find him."

"Yue, please come here! I need you."

Yukito closed his eyes once again and wings appeared, wrapping him. When the wings unfolded, Yue appeared.

"Please help me, Sakura. I do not know what is wrong with me. I need your power to help me. I cannot stay for much longer. Find a way to help me, Sakura."

"I will, Yue. I promise."

Yue became Yukito once again. "He said to thank you, Sakura."

"Whoa…Yuki?"

"Yes, Lin…"

Lin fainted. Toya caught her.

"She's had a tough day. I think she needs to rest now." Toya said. "I'll take her to her room."

Toya took Lin to her room and put her into bed. "It's okay, Lin. I know this is a lot for you to handle right now, but it will make more sense to you later on. Just rest now." Toya left the room to let her sleep. Lin was going to have to get lots of sleep. She was going to need the strength for what was to come.

----------------------------------------------

I just made some minor changes in the story. I didn't change anything having to do with the plot but I fixed some of the names and things that I wanted in Japanese instead of English. Bare with me, I'm trying to make this based on the manga and I've finally read all of the manga. I was so happy when I finally got all of the manga. Please, review my fic. The review button is your friend.