Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Sheng Xin (Sacred Heart) ❯ Syaoran to Xiaolang and back ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: To begin with, this is my third CSS fanfic. Next to my first, I had to do plenty of research on the anime and on more Japanese terms. Subsequently, I longed to learn more. Eventually, it led to more research and postponing my other two fanfics: Reunited Lovers and Astral journeys, which I am still working on. As I now juggle school, my social life, and net life, it seems there is not enough time for them all. I will continue to balance them all, until I can put more effort into one or the other. For all this new experience and research, I will include more Chinese within my fiction. All I can say is thank you for you support and patience. Remember, the more reviews, the more chapters you'll get back. Until then, keep hoping for new stories.
Arigato, Jade
2nd A/N: I studied some Chinese for reference to Syaoran's family background. Wu, meaning 'five/fifth' and di, meaning 'younger brother', seeing he is the fifth child in his family. (How I would loathe four older sisters…) Da, meaning 'eldest' and jie, meaning 'older sister', the way he should refer to his oldest sister, Fanren if I'm not mistaken. Finally, Niang, meaning 'mother', something he would call his mother, Yelan.
Disclaimer: All right! All right! We know the drill. I DO NOT own Card Captor Sakura; you may now go on with the story….
Sheng Xin (Sacred Heart)
Chapter1:Syaoran to Xiaolang and back.
The fifteen-year-old Chinese warrior silently walked through the congested streets of Hong Kong deeply pondering away about something. It had been almost four years since the last time he had been to the summer carnival in Japan- since the last time he saw Sakura's face. That summer he had confessed his love to her and she had confided to him with the same feelings. Unfortunately, the void card had taken these newly emerging feelings away from him. What to make of that if he had no more than friendly feelings toward her.
No doubt, the look of concentration was etched on his face. That summer was also the year the clan had annulled his engagement to his cousin Meiling. He thought hard about this as well. Neither of them had treated each other beyond family or as friends since she had to return to China first. He could never forget Sakura, and the feelings of love had returned stronger than ever.
Syaoran had not been paying much attention to where he was walking. He had his head lowered watching only his feet. Suddenly he had bumped into someone.
"Eh? Wu di (fifth brother)?"
Syaoran looked up; the voice certainly was familiar. "Da jie (Eldest sister)?"
"Ah, Xiaolang, I have been looking all over for you."
"You have? Why?"
"Why! It is very important! The Elders wish to speak with you."
"Oh," he replied.
"Ever since you've came back from Japan you seem to forget many things and become very absent-minded." She scolded. "Why I wouldn't have noticed it was you hanging your head so low. You must keep you head held high with pride for you are to be the leader of the Li clan. Or have you forgotten that as well?" She bantered.
"Mou (jeez), why must you continue you tease me."
Fanren giggled, "You just used another Japanese word. Again."
"So?"
"You must be thinking about something in Japan."
"I never said so."
"Yes, but your words and emotions seem to have revealed them for you. You are slipping Wu di (fifth brother). Are you going soft Xiaolang?" She inquired with her slick Cantonese accent.
"No." Syaoran muttered back in his altered accented voice.
"Is there something on you mind Wu di?"
"…."
"Perhaps you are thinking of a certain thing…?"
"…."
"Perhaps you are thinking of a certain person…?"
"…." Blush.
"Aha! You're thinking of Ying Fa!"
"Exactly how can you prove that. You have little magic."
"One does not need magic to understand human emotions. It is pure intuition."
Syaoran gave up arguing with his sister. If I continue to talk, I will reveal something about Sakura. His mind began considering other issues. It's not as if they don't know I care for her. Everything is shared between the elders. Then again, Fanren is quite and elder yet. Fanren's sudden jerking at his sleeve interrupted his thoughts.
"We must hurry, Niang (mother), and the Elders are waiting."
"Hai (Yes)." He solemnly agreed.
Fanren could only smile to herself; that's the third time today he used a Japanese word in my presence. My dear Xiaolang is growing up without his Ying Fa. Poor Wu di….