Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Slave for a Week ❯ Day 1: Alter Ego ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 1 - Suddenly Not the Real Him


SaKuRa's POV

What the hell?!

Me?! Sleep in his room!?!?

Did I just hear my 'master' command me, his poor 'slave' to sleep at his room?!

Take note of this:

That's for one whole week of pure pain and unfathomable suffering that I have to sleep in the same room as him!!!

I can't even imagine myself taking a step inside his room, sitting on his bed, what more if I am to sleep with him?!?!

I'm positive I won't even last a minute. I won't even get the chance of sleeping even for a second!!!

Uh… I think I'm going to die.

"And don't you dare disobey your master, slave," I heard idiotic Li add, casually unfastening his seatbelt, running his hand through his messy chestnut hair afterwards. Oh, must I just ignore him emphasizing 'slave' in front of my own eyes???

No, no, no.

I irritably took off my own seatbelt and shifted my position to look directly at the jerk, flashing the best angry glare that I could manage, even if I had to really exert all the force to move all facial muscles to form a definitely huge frown. "Excuse me, Li Syaoran! Who the hell are you to order me to sleep at your room?!?"

The Li Syaoran just in front of me sarcastically grinned, the same grin that I hated very much the second I saw his silly-looking, moronic face, the second he entered my room a while ago. "Your master?"

I wanted to slap him straight at the face right then and there. It was too much to handle for such a pitiable, tortured Kinomoto Sakura. So difficult to handle for an unfortunate little slave, to be exact. But it seems like my parasympathetic nervous system's going to overcome my will and would decide to calm down all the enraged organs within me. Pretty scientific, but it might be true, for I just realized that my hand withdrew itself from slapping this guy at this second.

And I didn't really know how I managed to control that much anger-and to be exact, uncontrollable anger.

Or so I thought.

"I know you're my 'master' for the whole week, but this is out of business, Li, or should I say, 'my lord'?!" I tried my best to really calm myself down. But I simply can't. Who can control such annoyance when your enemy's smiling as if nothing's happening?!

Damn you, Li!!!

I wanted straight to tell him that.

He chuckled again, stupidly, and I can feel that my anger's not affecting him a little bit. Not even a little. Calm and firm Li Syaoran's obviously teasing me again, like he always does. "That's pretty much right-I'm your master, you're my slave, and it's a very simple thing to do to stay at my room."

Sighing with defeat, I quickly averted my eyes away from him, just staring at the dark empty space in front of the car, while crossing my arms in front of my chest. Even if I fight, I know I won't even win. I can't win with his uncanny wit. When I try to explain something, his humor's pushing it down. Talk about 'smartness' in a different perspective.

Feeling already calm, it was again such a huge panic when I felt those unexplainable amber eyes ogle at me, more liked glued on me, as if I can't even scratch it off with a glue remover. Unexplainable, pretty much. Those amber ones showing… Oh God… this was the least event I ever wanted to experience in my life!!!

"Li, stop that." I scowled and pretended as not a bit nervous about his stare.

"What should I stop, babe?"

I gritted my teeth. "That look… gives me the creeps," I admitted, still not looking at him. I started to feel the dreadful goose bumps popping out all over my skin, and my hairs all sticking up. I know it's quite exaggerating to describe it like that, but the distance.

The distance!!!

He laughed at me again, and I felt so pathetic. "And why does it give you the creeps?"

I didn't answer.

What I mean is, I don't know what I should answer.

Silence. So pure silence. Blessed silence that I want to end this moment.

But what should I say? That I don't like his gluey stare? That I don't even like his presence like that, especially in absolute stillness? But no word, even a single sound, came out of my mouth, even this time that I really wanted to scream.

God, please send someone here! Anyone will do! What if he does something to me?! When I wished Tomoyo's following me with her video camera, she isn't here to just pop out of nowhere and laugh her ridiculous 'I'm the gorgeous Tomoyo' laugh! Why does she have to do this to me?! How much torment should I receive in this living hell?!

Like this intense suffering when he was almost leaning on me, just supporting his arm on the head of my car seat; and he's as close as a breath away! I tried to fit myself at the small space between me and the car door to leave a space between us, but he's just closing in some more, and I can really feel his breathing on my neck.

Oh God… with this very huge mansion, where are the maids??? I predict there will be more than twenty or thirty, the drivers, the gardeners, but heck!! Where the hell are all those people?!?! Just one interruption would definitely save me from this playboy!

"Li-"

"If you hated 'my lord', and don't have anything else to call me, you could just call me Syaoran, understood, baby?" he whispered.

I turned my head to the window, never answering him. Me? Call him 'Syaoran'?? Never! No one can make me! And don't he dare to call me 'Sakura' or 'babe' ridiculous names or I might just kill him. Yeah, maybe I should expect sooner or later in the news all over the world: 'Kinomoto Sakura, murdered the most wanted bachelor, Li Syaoran, billions of girls tracking her down with a big murdering knife in their hands.'

But I don't care. I just do NOT care, especially if I just happily killed my mortal enemy, the person that I hate most in my entire life.

…at last.

But I just hope he wouldn't have killed me before I do. You know, killed me by the hideous, endless mocking and fighting.

Why did I agree to be Li Syaoran's slave, in the first place? What ever happened to my pride?! I knew who he was from the start, and it's being the world-famous bachelor-playboy that matters. It's my entire fault.

"Sakura…"


SyAoRaN's POV

"I told you, don't ever call me by my first name!!!" Sakura, my slave, loudly snapped with such a cute grimace, but still not looking at me, though I can see her 'I'm so mad' features from this point of view. "You could just call me 'slave' or 'Kinomoto' as you want, big jerk!"

Ah, it's just so hard to tame such a supposed-to-be easy cherry blossom. But it isn't going to be hard from now on. Let's see, Kinomoto Sakura. You should learn to surrender to me. Surrender without any hatred.

So… what would you do if I tell you that you're my next target?

So innocent, so naïve, but the most…

Most what, Li Syaoran?!

Don't you ever forget your true motive… your true intention of her.

But what's that true intention of her?

Make her my girlfriend?

Oh, I have lots of them, pending in line, waiting for their turn for me to put my attention on them. I don't need to have another one to just get and leave. What if I have plenty of girlfriends? Does that affect my life? It's just the happiness, the happiness I want to at least experience before my mother finally decides to engage me to a girl I probably won't like.

So, make her my wife?

Wife?! Just how the hell should I marry in peace?! Li Xiaolang, it isn't for you to get married without enjoying single life, right? Even with a hundred girls you get, you would never thought of getting anyone of them as your wife! I want to take my time in finding one perfect girl. For all I know, Mother already got me one.

Danger.

Then what?

Just take her and leave her? Is that it? Nothing special? As if she's my slave, she's just my slave, and she's only my slave???

Yeah, right! No other intention but the slave!

Idiot, so what was the 'I'll just kiss her when she finally calls my name by her will' decision a while ago all about?

Don't tell me I'm in love with this little girl?!

No way.

Just no way that'll happen. How could I fall in love with a girl I only met for a day!?

Then why am I questioning my relationship with this girl?

Because I'm confused. Stupidly confused. My other ego's taking over me. No, no, no. It shouldn't be. I still haven't experienced real happiness.

Okay. Stop. I've been losing control. She's ONLY my slave; I'm her master, and no more than that. Maybe I just wanted to experience having someone 24 hours, seven days, and experience having a slave. She should just obey my rules, should follow what I say, and should come when I need her.

But what's the entire stupid reason I took her in, in the first place???

I don't remember. I don't know why. I just got her in, no special reason at all. Right? I just loved her the way I heard her voice for the first time. I loved the way she acted on me. I loved the way she argued with me. It was a unique characteristic. So that's it?

THAT'S IT.

I think.

With the minutes of 'meditating' with my stupid conscience, I started to cup her chin with my free hand, forcing her to look straight at me. I want to see her eyes; I need to see them. Those confident emerald eyes. She wasn't blushing with that, just red of frustration, and showing full self-belief. It was her uniqueness-the flaring look that I bet no guy would ever reconsider her as his wife.

"Sakura," I persisted calling her by her first name, "what if I tell you that if you don't call me by my name right now, I'll really kiss you?" I can see her furious, enraged look this close. And I can foremost see the slight trembling of her lips as she obviously can't choose what words to reply.

"I still don't want to call you that name," she declared, pulling off, but I caught her shoulders.

I shrugged my own and just stared at the non-blinking girl. "So I'll kiss you?"

"Kiss yourself!" she snapped again, desperately trying to pull out my arms, but unfortunately for her, I caught her shoulders again.

"How can I?" I grinned foolishly, trying to twitch my lips as if to kiss myself.

"Idiot!" she laughed with my silliness. I admit I was silly with that, but it finally made her laugh. Good work, Li Syaoran!

She was again stopped as I neared her more. Honestly, I wanted to kiss her right from the start. I needed her. Though I can always feel the damn hesitating conscience.

"Li, I told you to stop that."

I ignored her soft but firm tone. Stop? There never was any girl who told me to stop the time I was planning to kiss her. Everyone wants a kiss from the Li Syaoran. Am I not right? But this girl…

This girl is somewhat changing my way of life. I knew it.

She was trembling, furiously blushing now; her eyes are wide open, staring worriedly at me. And my heart's beating in an unfamiliar rhythm.

Damn it!

I just felt that I pulled off from her as our lips are about to touch-never at my will.

What was that?!?!

What the hell was that?!?!

Silence again. So silent that no other sound can be heard, except her deep and raspy breathing, almost grasping for air. "I hate you," she breathed, almost a faint whisper, with a matching fierce but silent look that shot daggers at me.

I can tell she hates me that much, but it can't be helped. It's me, Li Syaoran, the way she had the very first impression on me. Yes, I am the richest playboy around here, and she doesn't take that for granted. The fact that I am known to have at least twenty girls a week's the whole truth, and I can't deny it. It's me, no one else. And who can ever change me? No one else.

Why? Can she?

No, no, no. Never can anyone change me.

Sighing, I opened the door, and she stayed still as she always does. She didn't move until I opened her side of the door and offered her a hand. "I'll show you around the house, slave." I grinned, going back to the normal master-slave mode that I thought I wouldn't be able to play again. I should show her the true me and hide the this alter ego. I should show her her master.

And she's supposed to be the tortured one, right?

How I like seeing her that irritated, and how I love seeing her pout her lips like that.

But with this… I'm the one tortured.

Sakura instead disregarded my helping hand and stood up by herself. I moved out of her way as she pushed to get through. "Don't you forget this is my house, slave," I smirked, and she didn't say a word. "What? Then you don't care if I fire you right now, and Daidouji be in danger with her [cough] crush?"

She didn't know the whole story about the bet, the bet that made her decide to be a slave. But she did agree to be mine, right? How easy.

"Fine. What should I now do?" she asked me. Yeah, what should be the first order the slave should obey?

"Escort me to my house."

Anger arouse in her again, obviously. I just can see her heating up more. And I began to smile. "Escort you? Escort yourself, stupid idiot!"

I laughed amusingly. "Okay, I was just joking. Just follow me inside, better?"

I again smiled to myself when I saw her eyes mocking me. Her lips were curving suspiciously, as if irritatingly mumbling something, flashing the same sullen glare I got from her earlier. I'm sure I heard her, even if all came out as a whisper.

"Did you say something, babe?"

"Nothing, my lord," she grumbled with such a cute pout.

"Good girl."

I thought she was going to throw up with that much irritation of me. It was pretty shown on her pretty face. I really like her. I really do. All I'm left to do is to let her recognize and register into her vocabulary the word 'surrender'.

But why should I make any effort?

She's already mine, since yesterday.


SaKuRa's POV

"Damn you, Li." Those were the words I whispered to myself. I know he heard me, even though I acted as a ventriloquist and tried not to be caught as the one talking.

"Good girl," he had said.

Good girl?! Good girl?!?! I thought I would throw up with that. Is he that older than me that he can call me as a 'girl'?! How old is he??? 50 and can be my dad??? I feel like I'm being treated as a five-year old and he's twenty.

I let him walk before me so he couldn't see how I glare at him and mock him. Well, I think also so he couldn't see me so much amazed too. I can't scold my mouth, nor I can help it, as it was slightly opened to an O as I toured the mansion with my Li. The gleaming, marbled floor, extravagantly designed curtains, a whole treasury of antiques from China, furniture that would definitely capture anyone's eyes… it was as if the mansion was a modern palace. Like Tomoyo's mansion, but more… beautiful. Like the one seen at the movies!

I looked around and my thoughts sank. He saw me inside my apartment room-never as big as the guest room. Ugh. Oh well, can't help it, he's the one with the rich family. Look, everywhere he goes, the maids, I think at least thirty-as I expected, keep greeting him. I don't know if they greet him because of his highness in position, or because they want a smile from the playboy. It sucks.

"First stop, the kitchen. Hey," Li called to a black-haired maid and handed her my bags. "Take it upstairs in my room." The maid nodded without any single word and headed straight to the stairs. "I thought you're probably hungry." He opened the refrigerator and took out two bright red apples. Yum. No-erase that 'yum', please. I meant to say 'yuck'.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not hungry." I'm angry!!! I added silently with a false smile.

"You're hungry." He corrected me, as if he knows everything about me, and tossed me one apple taking a bite on his own. Yeah, I am hungry, but I just can't eat anything from that guy. What if it has poison or a drug that makes you fall asleep? "I order you to eat right now."

"What if I don't want to eat?"

"You should."

"I don't want to." I tossed the apple back to his ready hand.

I thought he was going to force open my mouth and stuff the whole apple in when I resisted. Too bad, he didn't. All he did was laugh that silly laugh.

"So if you're not hungry, should we continue to my room and… do some stuff?"

What kind of stuff??? I wanted to ask him that directly. Eeww… Fine. I don't need to be told. My stomach's complaining. I mean, it's screaming for attention. Well, I didn't eat breakfast. And it's still very long three hours before lunchtime.

He tossed me the apple again and I hesitatingly took a small bite on it.

Li snickered. "So you're hungry after all."

I didn't answer.

He shrugged and miraculously finished the apple in a fast breeze, throwing the middle part to the trashcan.

"Hey, Li-"

Ring!

Now I was supposed to ask him, I couldn't?? His cell phone rang, and he turned his back on me as he answered it. I heard an angry woman's voice, and Li's angry answer too. Minutes of arguing passed, and with a growl, he ended the call and took my hand, pulling me outside the house. I mean, mansion.

"Where are we going now?!"

"Mother just called me up, and damn it, she wants me in the meeting right now," he answered, briskly walking. "I told her I want a day to myself, and now-" he cursed in a whisper as he opened the door to the driver's seat. "Uh, Sakura, get me the long-sleeved shirt and the coat there at the backseat."

Woah. You can't imagine how I was flabbergasted. Now I really looked as a slave. It wasn't a request, but an order! Ah, whatever! I opened the door to the backseat and got his clothing, and got in the front with him. He suddenly started to undress, taking off his green shirt.

I covered my eyes with my hands and shrieked without any concern of hurting anyone's ears. Oh my God… what's this?????

"LI!!!!!!"

"Sorry, sorry!" he apologized, getting the shirt that I accidentally dropped from my lap. I took a peek between my fingers, and there he was, topless!!! Great that nobody was around, or else we might've been mistaken as… as… arrgghh!!! I really hate him!!! I HATE LI SYAORAN!!!

"Hey, I said I'm sorry! What can I do?? I need formal attire!!!" He left the coat with me and started the engine, rushing out the garage with an instant hundred kilometers per hour. I panted hard with that sweating. I wanted my mommy… I wanted someone to hold right now… speed's rising… but I kept all that to myself. I wouldn't want to hold him. It's like hold him or die. I pick die of course.

"Li… I mean, my lord, I thought you needed formal attire… how about your jeans?" I curiously asked, starting to be flooded with sweat with the speed. I hated fast cars. I hated instances like this. I need to start a topic to drive my concentration out of the horrifying 110 kph.

He suddenly guffawed. "Why? Do you want me to change my pants here?" he joked, still focusing on the road, but I didn't laugh, instead, I glowered at him with hatred.

"Shut up. I don't think I'd like that."

He laughed again.

I think I should leave him alone. Especially if I'll definitely enjoy myself in that 'formal' meeting.

Let's see how he'll look with white long sleeves, black coat, jeans, and the biggest part of all-

Rubber shoes.

I laughed my head off inside me.


It was almost six in the evening when we returned home. Uh… I mean to his house… I mean to his mansion-I'm doing a lot of mistakes lately. Anyways, he was in front of me, and though I know he can hear me well, I can't stop myself. Holding my aching stomach, I was gasping for breath. "Hey… I mean, my lord… what do you think about your new… fashion style?" I hysterically laughed. No, no, can't stop it… I've been laughing all the way since the meeting, and everybody, the VIPs, presidents, and other heads laughed with me.

Formal, huh? I really feel so happy now!

"Well, at least it sounds great… and funny." Li sighed and laughed with me afterwards. "I think I like it."

I broke into loud amused laughter as I held on to the stair railings to keep myself from falling as I pulled myself up the stairs.

"Here's my room," Li stated, turning the knob of a beautifully carved, wooden door on the second floor. "Or rather, our room, babe."

I suddenly stopped in silence and glared at him again with his mention of the word 'babe'. "I told you, don't-"

"Don't… what?" He seductively whispered to me, taking my hand and slowly pulling me inside.

"Don't… ever… call… me…"

I felt that I didn't even have the strength to finish my all-so-short sentence, mesmerized by the beauty of the room. It was a room, yes, only a room, but as big as the guest-receiving room downstairs. It's even bigger than my apartment room!!! Designed by royal green curtains and bed sheets, it was almost like a room of a rich, I mean, ultra-rich prince.

Yeah, he's a prince, speaking of his money! It was the room of the Li Syaoran, the heir of the Li. The Li Syaoran, one of the richest.

But for me… he isn't prince charming of the dreamed fairytale. He isn't the prince charming, supposed to save his true love.

How many girls did he already 'save'? About twenty a week, right? And all those girls were dropped and left in a day, or even half a day.

And I'm supposed to be added to the collection of girls he took?

Nuh-uh. My prince charming, a playboy? Never.

"Like our room?" Li asked, gently pushing me to his king-sized bed. Though I resisted, it was a hard thing not to let him push me. I wanted to sit on the bed and discover how soft it is. I had to admit: I always wanted to have a room like this.

Damn it!!!

"No. Not a single thing I like here. Disgusting." I sat straight, but my hands can't help but feel the soft comforter.

Liar!!! My mind told me once more. I like the room, more like I 'love' the room. To the point that I even wished it was mine.

But yes, it was mine right? For one whole week, as Li Syaoran told me, that is. Just so horrible though. If he weren't just the owner of this room, I would gladly accept the invitation and sleep all I can. But knowing that he is, red alert. Danger for one week.

Just then, the bad feeling returned. It still wasn't winter, or at least a few days before winter, but it feels so cold like a snowy night. Under my master's spell, I feel like I can't even move or scream, even if he was nearing me again.

"What do you want?" I roared. "I don't think my master should do that." I was blushing so hard. I can feel it. The heat in my cheeks was obvious.

"What shouldn't I do?" he whispered, and I struggled as he pushed me down on my back. And there he was, smiling again, on top of me. I wanted to get his elbows, which were supporting his weight, off the bed.

His face was right above mine, and I can't help but admire his features. I can't deny that he's one hot cutie, but I'm not looking on the outside. No, I have not yet seen what's inside of him. I've just seen how he acts normally. But I know, I know. Behind this façade… I know and I terribly hope there would be the real Li Syaoran. The one I shouldn't hate.

But for now… I think I should hate him still.

I just then saw him breathe hard and stroke my hair that was covering my eyes aside, gazing at me again.

"Why do you keep on looking at me like that…?" I whimpered. Woah. Was that whimper from me??? I terribly sound like a little abused kitten. So much.

He pressed his forehead to mine and then buried his face on the bed, just beside my neck. "I don't know… I don't know."

Suddenly, I realized: It's not the real him. I mean, figuratively. He's hiding some emotions or something from me. I don't know what, but he's acting like a totally different person from the usual Li Syaoran, some total opposite of him. It was a gentle side of him I never saw. It made me wonder if he had a persistent other ego.

Maybe.

It's really not the real 'him'.

Then my mind went blank.

"Well, I thought we should eat dinner now," someone amusingly said, and we two turned our heads to the door. "…But I think I disturbed the both of you."