Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Sold to Slavery ❯ Sold to Slavery ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sold to Slavery
By Blue-Jellee
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Card captor Sakura. I really, really wish I did, but I don't. If I did, I'd be living it up somewhere really posh and glamorous, and wouldn't have time to write this.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
They sold me into slavery. Oh sure, you could say it's not much of a difference from my life now; working my fingers to the bone all day, yet it's different for me. I have to go live with a whole new family and everything, and for all I know, they could be a bunch of losers who order me around all day, making me do their dirty work.
 
 
My life had never really been all that crash hot. To tell the truth, it was something of a nightmare. I was born into a rich family, which included my dad Fujitaka, my mum Nadeshiko, and my brother Touya. You might not think that's bad; being born into a rich, caring family. You might think that's great. I'm sure it was, I can't really remember. All I know is my mother died when I was around 3 years old. To make it worse, after living with my single father, and brother, for a few years, at the age of 5 my father was murdered by some raging lunatic that escaped from the local loony bin. I went to a girl's orphanage, and my brother was sent off to a boy's orphanage. I haven't seen him since.
 
 
 
Flashback
 
 
`Touya? Where are they taking you??” a three year old me screams out to her older brother.
 
`Don't worry, Sakura, I'll see you again soon”. Touya was being led away by 5 older men in black suits.
 
“No, Touya! Come back Touya!!” I scream louder.
 
End of Flashback
 
 
That was the last time I saw him, and I still haven't seen him since, but enough about that. So anyway, you could probably understand why I wasn't all that happy right now. All I knew is I wasn't looking forward to being sold into slavery - mean, who would? - as much as I hated the orphanage I was staying at right now. Everybody kept telling me I should be happy; that everything was going to be great. I was going to live with a new family, who were most likely going to be very rich. I was going to get to live in a really nice house. Why wouldn't I be happy about it?
 
 
I'll tell you why. I've heard rumours about the family I'm going to live with. Those rumours aren't good, I can tell you. From what I've heard, the Li family are somewhat into the whole black magic thing. I've heard that there have been disappearances connected with the Li's. The people who have disappeared have never come back; never lived to tell what happened to them. That's why I'm not happy to be going to live with them. It's not as though the orphanage cares though; oh no. Why care when you're finally going to be getting rid of a child, that's one less mouth to feed. I swear, nobody has hearts these days.
 
 
But now that you know my past, you might as well know more about me. My name is Sakura Kinomoto. I'm 14 years old, turning 15 this April. I live at the Baka-Yaro Orphanage for Girls; which is in Japan. I have quite a few close friends at the orphanage, one of which is getting sold as a slave for the same family as I, which is probably the only thing I have to look forward to. This friend's name is Tomoyo Daidouji. She's been my friend ever since I came to this orphanage; she's been here her whole life. My other friends are Rika, Chiharu and Naoki.
 
 
The day that I was to leave for my new `home' finally arrived on one rainy March day. I was lying on my bed in the orphanage room as I'd just finished packing. Tomoyo was by my side, and we were discussing our new `home'.
 
 
“Oh, and I wonder what our room will be like, Sakura-Chan. I hope it will be pretty”, Tomoyo spoke in a voice barely above a whisper, whilst looking up at the roof.
 
 
I thought for a second, and then replied quietly. “I don't think it will be pretty. And that's if we're in a room together, we may not be”.
 
 
Tomoyo laughed, though rather bitterly. “So you think they'd give up two rooms of the house for two little slave girls? I doubt that”. Tomoyo sat up from the bed and looked at me hopefully. “We'll probably be in the same room”.
 
 
“Maybe”, I replied. “Yet we don't know these people. We have to expect anything. And what if we aren't even in a room? We could have to sleep in, I dunno, the attic or something”.
 
 
“Gosh” Tomoyo looked frightened. “You don't think so, really, do you? I hope we don't, because attics are usually haunted”.
 
 
I heard her, but I wasn't really listening. What if we did get stuck in a room like an attic? That would be horrible. I could hardly stand the thought of having to go live with other people, however much I hated this orphanage. I was just scared of the rumours I'd heard about the Li family.
 
 
As I was thinking, I heard a voice coming from outside the door.
 
 
“Yes, Miss Kinomoto and Miss Daidouji should be in this room here”. A voice said from beyond the door. I recognised that voice, but before I could say or do anything, the door opened.
 
 
 
End of Chapter, please R/R!!