Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Spellbound ❯ The beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* Sakura's House *
 
Sakura stared out her window, she couldn't believe that tomorrow she would be leaving this all behind. Her father wanted to do more fieldwork, but unfortunately he could only get so much experience in Japan. He had always wanted to go on a dig in Cairo. Egypt was loaded with history that he couldn't wait to sink his teeth into. An archaeologist's dream. Toya had left a couple of years ago with Yukito to start a restaurant in the heart of Tokyo.
 
Syaoran had left as soon as they had managed to change all the clow cards into sakura cards. It wasn't until she saw his plane leave the end of the runway that she realised what he'd truly meant to her. What she'd always thought was a close friendship, she finally realised was love. Even still, she didn't have the courage to write to him and tell him how she felt for fear of rejection, and the dread of ruining such a good friendship.
 
The world she knew came crashing down, and she knew in her heart that there was no point in staying. There was nothing left for her here, but she couldn't leave yet, there were still a few loose ends to tie up. With that she went downstairs to find Kero.
 
Kero was in the kitchen, stuffing himself silly as usual. “Kero,” she said as soon as she found the tiny guardian, “will you come with me to Tomoyo's? I have something important to tell you both”
 
Kero was about to tell Sakura that whatever it was could wait, but the look in her eyes and the promise of Tomoyo's cooking made him fly into her bag with amazing speed. Sakura smiled as she half-closed her bag before walking out of the house.
 
* Penguin Park *
 
Sakura had thought to go straight to Tomoyo's, but considering this was her last day, she decided to walk past all her favourite spots. She'd only just reached the penguin slide when she heard a noise. She stopped, straining her ears for the source of the noise. It was strongest to her left, amongst the cherry blossoms. She slowly walked towards the source when she realised it was actually a faint peeping. Sakura rushed forwards, pushing aside a few of the blossoms to uncover a broken eggshell and a tiny blue-and-silver lizard with wings.
 
She stared at the creature. How could a baby dragon have turned up in the penguin park? The dragon regarded her for a moment, its tiny eyes taking in every aspect of her body and her soul, before scurrying up her body to her shoulder. It resettled its wings before winding itself around her neck like an ornate, blue choker.
 
“I guess you're staying with me then” Sakura said to her new friend as she continued to Tomoyo's house.
 
* Tomoyo's Place *
 
Sakura sat in Tomoyo's living room, trying to work up the courage to tell her that she wasn't going to be seeing her best friend for seven years, while Kero bugged Tomoyo for pudding. Eriol had apparently stayed the night, and as yet had no wish to return to his own house. He now sat across from Sakura, wondering what was on her mind, and what was around her neck.
 
Tomoyo and Kero returned from the kitchen with a massive bowl of pudding and a spoon, which Kero was trying to use to eat the pudding while it was still in motion.
 
“I have…bad news” whispered Sakura, “I'm leaving tomorrow, and I don't know when I'll be coming back.” A single tear fell down her cheek. The news had a devastating effect on the others. Tomoyo started crying, Eriol was speechless, Kero had even stopped eating! “I found out a few days ago, I'm going to a boarding school. I'm going to…”
 
ok…this is the first instalment…please read and review…it would mean a lot to me…thanx!