Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Spellbound ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I'm going to England, to Hogwarts,” cried Sakura, she had been dreading saying those words for ages. Tomoyo was beyond grief, her head on Eriol's shoulder as she wept, her tears slowly soaking through his shirt. Kero had stopped eating and pushed the bowl away, while he sat staring at his mistress. Sakura knew they'd react that way, but she wasn't prepared for Eriol's reaction.
 
A grin, reminiscent of a Cheshire cat was now plastered on his face. Sakura couldn't believe what she was seeing. Sakura then looked to Kero, “Kero,” she whispered, “I have a favour to ask you too.” A tear meandering down her cheek as she gazed upon her guardian and friend, she knew he wouldn't like what she was about to say, but she had to say it anyway. Kero was looking questioningly at her now, “Kero, I wanted to know if you would stay here, with Tomoyo,” whispered Sakura, “I've mastered the cards now, and I'm sure I can handle any problems that come my way, but Tomoyo has nothing to protect her, and I couldn't bare leaving her un-protected.” Kero knew what Sakura told him was true, and he knew very well that she knew how to wield her magic with deadly force and accuracy, but it was still his duty to protect her. Kero also knew that Sakura wouldn't be able to live with herself if anything happened to Tomoyo, so with that in mind, he solemnly promised to guard Tomoyo, but as the words left his mouth he realised that he would never see the Sakura he knew and loved ever again.
 
Sakura looked back at Eriol, she couldn't take it anymore, “Eriol, why are you smiling like that?” she demanded. Eriol sighed, it was time to ruin his fun and spill the beans, “because my dear Sakura, I too am going to Hogwarts,” he replied. Then he turned to Kero, “so you needn't worry yourself Kero, I will personally make sure that no harm befalls her.”
 
Tomoyo stopped crying to stare at Kero, having Kero in the house would make up for the loss of Sakura. Tomoyo promised to make Kero all his favourite things, that and the fact that Sakura would have Eriol brightened him up enough to finish eating his pudding, which he did in record time.
 
“Now,” said Eriol, “tell me how you came to wear a baby dragon like a choker!” the baby dragon in question slid down Sakura's arm and onto the table. “Oh, a wise guy huh?” asked Kero as he prepared to punch the dragon, but before he could, the dragon had stretched out his neck and licked his cheek. Kero's expression softened and he patted the creature as it curled itself into a ball and fell asleep.
 
“I was thinking of calling him Storm,” said Sakura, “because his colour reminds me of thunderclouds,” and with that she launched into the story of how she found him.
 
* Syaoran's Place *
 
Syaoran paced his bedroom as he thought. He still couldn't get her face out of his head. Every time he closed his eyes, she was there. A cherry blossom flew in through his open window. He walked to his window and slammed it shut before turning and scooping up the fragile bloom in his hands, tears burnt in his eyes. Why did he have to leave? His mother had ordered him to return home immediately to begin his training to become the Li clan leader. A single tear fell down his cheek to splatter on the petals of the cherry blossom. He longed to see Sakura again. Somehow she'd managed to find a way into his heart. She'd found a way into the one place he refused to let anyone near, and now it was tearing him to pieces that he couldn't see her again. He wouldn't be able to see her for a long time, if at all. His training took up so much of his time that it cut him off from the world entirely. He now mentally kicked himself for not being able to tell her what she meant to him.
 
He looked at the flower in his grasp, maybe he could have something to say that she was still a part of him. Placing the blossom on his table, he grabbed his sword and aimed at the flower before creating an entirely new incantation, hoping it would work. Light blazed, then retreated. Syaoran was about to see if his spell had worked when a small fire began to burn on the table. It grew and flashed before changing shape. When most of the flames had died away, a small red-and-gold phoenix stood. It glanced at the small blossom before picking it up and flying shakily over to Syaoran. It perched itself on his shoulder then offered the flower to him.
 
Taking the blossom he was shocked to find that it was now locked in the centre of a crystal. The crystal itself was clear, but had a hole at the top, large enough to put a chain through. Now he could keep Sakura close to his heart. He smiled and looked at the phoenix, “I'll name her Hope,” he decided, “Because that's what she's given me.”
 
* Sakura's Place *
 
“Sakura,” screamed Tomoyo, “you're going to be late!” She and Eriol waited downstairs while Sakura finished packing all the things she'd need for her new school before hurrying down with Kero. She had planned to leave Storm with Kero, since the two of them were getting on so well, but she couldn't seem to find him anywhere. She guessed he'd gone back to the park to find his family. They quickly loaded her things into the waiting limo before speeding off to the airport. Eriol collected their tickets while Sakura and Tomoyo made their goodbyes. Before they knew it, Sakura and Eriol were on their way to London, and to their new school. Sakura opened her trunk to get out a book to read, when something small and blue raced up her arm. “ A Stow-away!” exclaimed Sakura as she stared at Storm. Sakura then realised something, everything that made her Sakura was all back in Japan, she was about to start a new life, so shouldn't she have a new look? And maybe even a new name?
 
* The Hogwarts Express *
 
“Eriol?” asked Sakura as she stared out the window of the Hogwarts Express, “could you do something for me please?” Eriol looked at Sakura, wondering how much this request was going to cost him. “Could you die my hair black?” she asked, “and could you not call me Sakura?” Her eyes pleaded with him. “Now why would you ask such a thing?” asked Eriol, his eyes searching her. “Sakura is a painful reminder of what I've left behind,” she explained, “this is a chance for me to make a new life for myself, start fresh, a chance to banish all thoughts and feelings from my memory.” Eriol watched her, he had a good idea of who those thoughts and feelings were for. He reached a hand into his bag and pulled out his new wand (he and Sakura had bought new wands from Olivander's because they didn't know if their Clow Keys would work the sort of magic they were going to learn, and because they stood out far too much) and pointed it at Sakura, muttering an incantation. A jet of blue light flew from his wand to Sakura, her hair instantly turning as black as a raven's wing. “So,” asked Eriol, “what am I to call you then?” Sakura started looking for inspiration, she hadn't quite thought that far ahead. Her eyes lingered on Storm. “Ami,” she replied, “Ami DragonHeart!” Eriol smiled, the name would suit her well. He quickly wrote a letter telling the headmaster of the change in enrolment before settling down to read their new schoolbooks.