Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Spellbound ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* The Hogwarts Express *
 
The train ride to Hogwarts was eventful. Ami had thought that she would have to stud there for seven years, but Eriol assured her that they would be starting as third-years, and so would only have five years of study to complete at Hogwarts. Ami had been drifting off when the door to their compartment opened. Three guys stepped into their compartment, two massive and idiotic, one tall and lean. The thin one was smarter then he looked, and as cunning as a snake. Sakura and Eriol took an immediate disliking to him and his cronies.
 
“You're new here,” remarked the clever one, “I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy. And this is Crabbe and Goyle.” Indicating his two henchmen. Ami glanced at Eriol. Though he sowed a pleasant, beaming smile, Ami could tell that he couldn't stand Draco. “I'm Ami,” Ami replied, trying to break the tension, “Ami DragonHeart, and this is Eriol Hiiragizawa.” She gave him one of her famous, innocent smiles. Ami stood and held out her hand for him to shake, but he ignored her hand and slid an arm around her waist. Eriol stood, but was knocked out by a punch from Crabbe. Draco's hand proceeded to slide down the small of her back before reaching her bottom. He grabbed hold of her small bottom and squeezed. Ami merely stared at him while her own hand slid down to rest on his.
 
She gripped his hand and, in a move taught to her by Syaoran, she twisted it round behind his back and kicked him through the open door. His head hit the window frame with a crack, which knocked him out. The other two gaped at Draco before rounding on Ami . With a sweeping high-kick (yet another move Syaoran insisted on her learning) she kicked both in the head. While they were still dazed by the first attack, she used a sweeping low-kick to knock their legs out from under them. Grabbing both by the ears, she forced them through the door. “Now bug off,” she screamed at them, “and take him with you,” as she pointed to the unconscious form of Draco.
 
Ami froze as she heard clapping coming from behind her. She spun to face another three people. “Well done,” said the boy in the middle. He was just a few inches taller then she was, with unruly black hair, amazingly green eyes slightly hidden behind glasses and an odd-shaped scar on his forehead. “Hi,” he said with a smile on his lips, “I'm Harry Potter.” She smiled, she felt none of the uneasiness she'd felt with Malfoy, but she'd still confer with Eriol before trusting him completely. “This is Ron Weasley,” said Harry, pointing to the tall redheaded boy beside him. Ron had the grin of a born troublemaker. “And this is Hermione Granger,” continued Harry, while indicating the girl with bushy brown hair on his other side. “Ami,” replied Ami , “Ami DragonHeart!” Harry stretched out his hand and clasped hers, bringing her soft hand to his lips for a gentle kiss before letting it drop back to her side.
 
Ami stood mesmerised by them until, “OH!” she cried, “Eriol!” Before dashing back into her compartment. Harry, Ron and Hermione followed her. Ami knelt by Eriol, gently shaking him. At last he opened his eyes. Eriol suddenly remembered about Malfoy and his gang and leapt to his feet, fists raised. He spun around looking for them until a soft hand gripped his shoulder. Eriol spun to face Ami , worry showing in every part of his face. “It's okay Eriol,” she said, “they've gone.” This did nothing to calm his nerves. “Did they hurt you?” he asked. They hadn't even got to Hogwarts yet and he had already failed in keeping her safe. “I'm fine,” she replied, “not ever a scratch! See?” she held up her arms to show she was perfectly fine. “I'll say,” said a voice behind her. Ami spun to face Harry, “She fought like a…” Harry gave her a small wink, “…dragon!” Ami blushed a deep pink while Harry, Ron and Hermione introduced themselves to Eriol. Ami gazed at Eriol and watched him beam at them, knowing that his smile was genuine, Ami relaxed and invited Harry, Ron and Hermione to join them in their compartment for the rest of the train ride.
 
Throughout the rest of the trip, Harry, Ron and Hermione introduced Ami and Eriol to a number of their friends at Hogwarts: Neville Longbottom, a rather forgetful boy; Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnegan, the other boys who shared Harry and Ron's dormitory; Ginny Weasley, Ron's younger sister, who Ron sniggeringly told them had a major crush on Harry; Fred and George Weasley, both geniuses at causing mischief and mayhem; and everyone else on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.
 
They were all being so nice that Ami couldn't understand why, when she said as much, Ron explained to her, “any enemy of Malfoy's, is a friend of ours!” Bubbles of laughter came tumbling out of her, which added to the streams of laughter coming from everyone else.
 
The train finally stopped at the Hogsmead Station, Ami and Eriol followed the others onto the platform. “You'd best go to Hagrid over there,” said Hermione, pointing to an extremely large man calling out for the first years to come with him, “He'll take you to the sorting ceremony.” Harry saw the apprehensive look in Ami's eyes and placed a warm hand on her shoulder, “don't worry little dragon, he'll make sure you get to Hogwarts safely,” he gave he a friendly smile, “he's one of our best friends, he's really nice.” Ami felt her misgivings melt away. She couldn't help but trust Harry. She gave him a warm smile in return before hurrying off towards Hagrid with Eriol.
 
* Hogwarts *
 
Ami , Eriol and the first-years followed Hagrid up the stairs to the Great Hall. Forming two lines they then walked down between the house tables to the staff table and a stool with the old Sorting Hat sitting on it. Slowly everyone was called up to try the hat on before it told them which house they were to join. Ami watched as Eriol placed the hat on his head. GRYFFINDOR. Eriol stood to join Harry, Ron and Hermione at the Gryffindor table. Ami heard Professor McGonnagle call out “Ami DragonHeart.” Ami sighed and walked to the stool, fear rising with every step, what if it decided to put her in Slytherin with Malfoy? The hat was placed on her head. She could hear the hat talking to her now. `Hmmmmm,' it said, its voice ringing through her mind, `lots of courage here' as it started to list her qualities. `Quite clever too, you could do well in Ravenclaw or Slytherin, but you DO have a copious amount of courage.' It paused a moment, `I know just where to put you.' The hat paused again, it seemed to like feeling her squirm with fear. GRYFFINDOR.
 
Ami jumped up from the stood, whipped the hat of her head and ran to sit with Eriol. Food instantly appeared before them as the welcome feast began. Ami hadn't realised how hungry she'd been. After the feast, Ami followed up to the Gryffindor common room, and to the Third-Year girls' dormitory. Ami spent the first hour tossing and turning, missing her old life, when she was still collecting and changing the cards. In the end she threw the covers off her bed and walked back down to the common room. She then headed for the other set of stairs on the other side of the common room. Ami climbed the stairs until she found the door marked `Third Year Boys.' The boys were still up, chatting and doing stupid dares. They froze when they heard a faint knock on the door. Harry walked over and opened the door to reveal Ami standing there in her pink pyjamas. “What a pleasant surprise,” he said opening the door completely, “would you like to join us?” Harry gave her that heart-warming smile again and she nodded. “What's wrong Ami?” asked Eriol, worry flying to settle on his face again. “I couldn't sleep,” she replied softly as she sat down next to Eriol. The group made room for her as Harry closed the door. He returned to sit on Ami's other side. They continued with their dares as Ami drifted off on Eriol's shoulder. Eriol stopped the games for a moment while he gently carried Ami over to his bed and tucked her in before re-joining the group.