Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over Series ❯ Gesture of Friendship ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Starting Over Series #1

Author: Silvertoekee

Pairings: None now

Warnings: Slightly angst and depressing? But also happy I guess.

Disclaimer: Don't own CCS

Gesture of Friendship

The rain fell heavily that night and lighting streaked across the dark sky. Every now and again the lighting would illuminate the entire city and you could just make out buildings. On a rooftop nearby a lone figure stood and let the rain soak him to the bone. His clothes were plastered to his body outlining its wiry frame and his wings drooped down his back. Raking a pale slender hand through his white bangs you could just make out emotion filled silver eyes shot through with amethyst. Raising his head to the sky the young man closed his eyes and let the rain beat down on his face. Raindrops sparkled near his eyes but it was so hard to tell if it was truly the rain or his own tears. The rain felt cold when it hit his face and he shivered. Spreading his wings he flapped them once and took off into the night.

Flying through the night was exhilarating with the lightening streaking across the sky and the occasional boom of thunder. Looking down he noticed that he was headed were he always went when he was so troubled. Circling one of the dark houses once he flew towards the tree and landed on one of the branches. Grasping one of the branches he folded his wings and leaned against the rough bark. The house was silent and he was glad because he didn't want anyone to know that he was here. The objects of his confusion were in that house and he was wondering how to deal with it. They caused him to feel unwanted emotions that he had thought had died along time ago. It was unsettling to start having emotions again when he had grown use to not having any. He wondered if it had started when he had first woken up from his sleep and had to judge the new master. Or maybe it had occurred when that girl's brother had offered him his powers in order to live? Perhaps it had even occurred when his other half became aware of him and started trying to get him more involved with the others? It was just so confusing and sometimes it was just too much to handle. Threading his fingers through his hair he let out a slight moan at all the confusing things that were running through his head.

"Yue?"

Opening eyes at the quiet voice he didn't even know he closed he saw a dark haired boy leaning outside the window. The boy's face looked concerned and the warm brown eyes were so caring.

"You could get sick flying out in this type of weather Yue."

Yue was surprised that the boy didn't ask him why he was outside his house or much less his window. All he heard was concern for his well fare and nothing more. It was confusing to him since the only time the boy spoke to him that way was when he was his false form.

"No reason Touya, I just needed time to think about some things."

He watched as Touya looked at him suspiciously for a moment before accepting his answer. Yue was relieved that he didn't pry since he was unsure if he wanted to tell the other boy his problems yet. He wasn't sure if he totally trusted Touya like his false form did and was still slightly wary. Shaking his wings Yue was prepared to fly away but then he shivered.

Touya's eyes narrowed. "Well you should come inside and dry off before you get sick."

Yue was startled that Touya said this since he could not get sick. He was about to say no when he noticed that the other boy's face. Sighing he nodded in agreement and waited until Touya was out of the way before entering the window. His hair was plastered to his skull and the rest lay in a ragged mess on the floor. Yue kept his eyes lowered and watched as a puddle slowly formed on the floor beneath him. He was startled when a towel landed on his head and grabbing it he looked over at Touya. The other boy was rummaging through his drawers and came out with a pair of clothes.

"You should dry off with the towel and change clothes so you don't get sick."

Yue nodded his head and gazed at the floor again. He was unsure of how to handle Touya's kindness and wished that he knew how to respond to it.

"I'll go downstairs and make us some tea to warm you up. And I know you don't need to drink but humor me ok? Oh and just leave your clothes on the floor I'll be back to put them in the dryer."

Keeping his eyes lowered he waited until the other boy left before he began to take off his clothes. Quickly drying his body he changed into the other clothes and left his on the floor. He could have dried the clothes and himself with a spell but for some reason he didn't. Unraveling his hair he quickly shook it out and tried to towel dry it and his wings. He heard the door open and stopped to look up at Touya. The other boy carried a tray, which had tea and what looked like crackers. Setting it down on the nightstand Touya opened a drawer and grabbed a brush.

"Come and sit on the bed Yue and while you drink the tea I will brush your hair ok?"

Yue was startled again by this kind gesture and was unsure what to do. He didn't know if he really wanted Touya to brush his hair or even have any physical contact with him. The only person who had ever touched his hair had been his last mater and that brought back painful memories.

Touya looked into Yue's eyes and noticed the pain that was reflected there. He was unsure why the winged angel was even here. He had been sound a sleep when a slight noise outside his window had awakened him. Opening his window he was slightly shocked to see Yue sitting in his tree with such a sad expression on his face. Usually when he saw him the moon guardian always had a cold expression and never showed any emotions what so ever. It was kind of strange to see any emotions on his face and he had decided to help him.

"Yue I promise I will not hurt you ok? I just want to get you warm and dry because I am your friend."

Yue blinked in surprise when he heard Touya call him a friend. It was the first time that besides Sakura that anyone wanted to be friends with him. He felt warmth flood his being and for the first time in a while he smiled.

Touya was startled by Yue's smile since he had never seen him ever do it on the few occasions they had met. It was innocent and a friendly smile. He decided he liked that smile since in some ways it reminded him of Yukito, Yue's other half.

"Alright Touya. And thank you."

Touya blinked in surprise and watched as Yue walked towards him and sat down on the bed.

"For what Yue?"

Grasping one of the cups Yue filled it with tea before looking over his shoulder at the other boy. Confused brown eyes met warm silver ones. For the first time that night Yue felt truly at peace and decided that maybe just maybe getting back his emotions weren't so bad.

"For being my friend."

Touya smiled slightly at the reply before he began to brush the long white hair. Somehow he knew that someday Yue would mean something more to him but right now he was glad that he had accepted his friendship.

I'm so bad I should be writing my other two stories but this has been in my head for weeks. Hopefully it's not to confusing and that everyone likes it. Review please. :P