Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over Series ❯ Reaching Out is Hard ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Starting Over Series #3

Author: Silvertoekee

Pairings: None now

Warnings: sappy and a brief battle

Disclaimer: Don't own CCS

Sequel to: Questions and Remembrance

Reaching Out is Hard

Yue hovered half way off the ground and waited for his opponent to attack. So far he had been winning and was disappointed by this fact. He needed something to focus on theses days besides his confusing emotions and this was the best thing to do. Spreading his wings he formed blue diamonds in his right hand and threw them.

"Ow hey watch it Yue, you almost burnt my fur!"

Yue smirked as he watched his brother checking his body over for any burns. Kero was so over dramatic over little things and seemed to get a kick out of it. When the wing lion looked up at him again he saw an evil smile appear before he opened his mouth and shot out flames. Dodging easily to the right Yue felt the intense flames pass harmless overhead and dissipate.

"Nice try Kero but I think that you're getting soft. Must be all that pudding and video games!"

"What! Why you little…"

Kero mouth dropped open in surprise when he saw Yue bend over and start laughing. It was the first time in a while that he had heard the moon guardian laugh and it made him smile in return. He knew that Yue was slowly adjusting to trying to feel again and was slowly making steady progress. Hopefully someday Yue would at least regain what he lost and be able to properly feel again.

"Hey Kero are you going to daydream all day or are we going to practice?"

Kero glared at Yue for that comment and decided to figure out away to get him back for the pudding remark.

"So moon brain how is your relationship going with Touya?"

Yue froze in place and blinked in shock when the sun guardian suddenly tackled him in the air. Kero latched onto Yue's body with his front paws and encased him in his golden wings. The moon guardian struggled for a moment trying to free himself but Kero kept his grip. Letting out a sigh of defeat he looked down into Kero's mischievous eyes.

"That was a pretty low blow even for you, Kero."

"Yep it sure was but it won me the battle right? But seriously how is your relationship going?"

Yue felt warm and safe in Kero's embrace, it was nice to know how much the other guardian cared for him. Gazing up at there golden feathered cocoon, he tried to figure out how the best way to answer that question. Ever since that stormy night that he had been seen by Touya the two of them had been slowly forming a tentative friendship. He felt guilty because Touya was the one who was doing most of the work to keep it going. Yue was unsure how to deal with this and would try his hardest to avoid the other boy. But for some strange reason Touya would keep trying to see Yue and learn more about him.

"It's going well so far Kero but I am unsure how to really be a friend. I mean he tries so hard and yet I cannot seem too."

Looking back down again at the lion he noticed that Kero was looking at him with a serious expression.

"Are you scared to have such a relationship Yue?"

Yue closed his eyes and seriously thought about the question. Part of him still wanted his emotions to still be sealed away because it was so much easier to not have to feel at all. But the other half wanted to experience emotions to the fullest and one of the ways was to except Touya as a friend.

"No Kero that's not it. It's just so hard for me to open up to him and not feel like some crippled emotional freak."

"No you're not Yue. Try and be fair to yourself ok? I mean you just recently broke the seal on your emotions and it takes time to try and figure them out. Besides I am sure that Touya will realize that as well."

He slowly nodded in agreement and rested his forehead on Kero's. Looking into the golden eyes he saw love and compassion. It was reassuring to know that his brother cared for him and that he was family. Yue closed his eyes and felt Kero tighten his paws around him. It had taken a lot for him to seriously confess that and it was emotionally exhausting.

"Come on Yue lets go home."

Opening his eyes he nodded in agreement but grabbed on of Kero's paws.

Kero looked at him in puzzlement and waited for Yue to say something. He wondered what was up and why the other guardian seemed so hesitant.

"What is it Yue?"

"Kero um may I call you brother again?"

Kero blinked in astonishment before he began to laugh happily. Throwing his paws around Yue again he gave him a hug and licked him on the face. He started laughing again when Yue's face scrunched up in startlement. Yue's hugged Kero back and smiled tentatively at him.

"I take that as a yes?"

"But of course little brother, we are family after all so we can call each other whatever we want."

"Good. Now I have another question."

Kero groaned good-naturedly and waited for Yue to continue.

"Is Touya home tonight?"

"Yes and so is Sakura are you going to see him?"

He watched as a faint blushed stained Yue's cheeks. Unwrapping his paws from Yue he flew a few feet away and waited for him to compose himself.

"Lets go home Yue."

The moon guardian nodded in agreement and was silent all the way back to the Kinomoto's.

*

Touya sat watching TV with his little sister when they both heard someone knocking on the door.

"I'll get it brother."

He watched as Sakura jumped up and ran to answer the door. He could faintly hear voices and then running feet headed upstairs. Shrugging his shoulders he figured it was either Kero or probably her friend Tomoyo. Glancing back at the TV for a while he felt someone watching him. Looking back towards the living room door he noticed Yue standing there and he was watching him oddly. Yue's eyes seemed warmer then their usual cold look and his body was tense.

"Hello Yue."

He watched the moon guardian nod a greeting and let out a half sigh. For the past few weeks he had thought that he was finally making progress with the other being. Touya truly wanted to be friends with Yue but how do you do that when the other made no effort towards the same thing?

"I am going to get some tea, I'll be right back okay?"

He needed to get away from Yue for a moment and compose himself again. Standing up he turned his back to Yue and was about to leave the room when he felt warm arms slip around his waist. A warm body pressed against his back and a head rested between his shoulder blades.

"I am sorry if I have hurt you lately Touya. I really do appreciate that you are trying to be my friend and I will try harder to prove I am your friend too."

Looking down at the pale white hands that rested on his stomach he reached down and gripped them lightly.

"You don't have to prove it to me Yue, all I need for you to do is try ok? I really do want to be your friend."

He felt the moon guardian sigh and hug him closer.

"Reaching out to others is so hard Touya."

"Yes it is Yue but that's what makes it worth it right."

Touya felt Yue nodded in reply and let out a contented sigh. It gave him a sense of hope and for the first time in weeks he felt so relieved. He was glad that Yue was going to try really hard to work on there friendship with him. Touya somehow knew that someday he would be best friends with Yue just like he was with his other half Yukito.

------

Well midterms are over and now I can write again yea! Man I must be in mushy mode because I keep writing such sappy fics lately. Oh well review please and hope you like it.

=) Incase anyone is wondering this is a series but it can also be read as a one shot fic, whatever toast your cookie.