Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Sunet ❯ Sunset ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: Hiyo!! I'm back with another mushy-lovey dovey S+S fic...I just love sappy stories dunt ya? Hehe...especially S+S sap!!! ^_~ KAWAII!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Cardcaptor Sakura in any way shape or form. *sighs*

Sunset

by: Eternal Serenity

The sun slowly set from the broad horizon while autumn leaves gracefully fell. The warm but chilly autumn breeze picked its way through the trees making it more colder than usual. A young man sat under a huge oak tree and watched the sun changed its colours from a yellowish colour to a reddish-brown hue.

Syaoran Li often would come here in the same spot just to gaze at the beautiful sunset. It had the best view of the sun and it was always a good way to comfort him and his thoughts.

He laid his head down on the tree bark and gazed silently in awe at the beautiful sunset in front of his eyes. The different colours came alive in different shades of brown and yellow, and the darkening sky was getting darker in a shade of sky blue. The sunset brought him a feeling of peace and security and it was the only place he knew that made him feel carefree.

The cold breeze caught his chestnut strands along the wind, and he unconciously ran his left hand through his hair. Random thoughts about life and love crossed his confused mind at that moment, but what amazed him the most was the fact that most of his thoughts were all about a certain emerald eyed beauty.

It was funny how his life had dramatically changed all because of her. She was everything he could ever want and more. An angel, that's exactly what she was. An angel sent from up above just for him.

When he was a young boy he was trained to be a fighter and to be a part of something that had already been placed upon him since he was born. To be the head of the Li clan and to be the best in everything he did. He wasn't supposed to feel love of any kind. He was taught to be strong since that's what warriors did, and he was supposed to be this unfeeling person to be able to succed in his missions. But the funny thing was he didn't do this for himself, he did it for his family. He did it for them so that they would be proud of him, but it seemed like whatever he did, did nothing to make them happy.

'Boy they were hard very to please.' He thought in amusement as he remembered those times.

But little did they know that he had feelings too, just like a normal human being. All humans did. But growing up the way he was raised made him believe that those feelings were nothing. Made him believe that love didn't exist in this world. He placed this barrier on himself, and it amazed him how Sakura ever broke into that shell and got into his heart of stone.

When he was ten years old, he was sent here to Japan to retrieve the clow cards and rightfully bring them back to his family. His family was a direct descendant of clow reed and had the reputation of being the most powerful family in China. But unfortunately a girl no younger than him beat him to the punch, and became the mistress of the clow cards, thus making her the rightful owner of the magical cards.

But the weird thing was, Syaoran thought, he didn't mind having Sakura take the cards.

He smiled inwardly to himself as he thought about all those times he helped her capture the cards and how confused he was with his conflicting emotions. He recalled those times where he would just blush and run away numerous times, just by seeing her. Funny how things turn out, he still does it. Him. Syaoran. The cold warrior with no feelings.

He yawned all of a sudden, surprising himself with his sudden actions, and looked at the time.

'6:00 already...boy time passes by quickly nowadays....' He thought stifling another yawn.

He slowly stood up, and stretched and decided that it wasn't a bad idea if he did head back home now. Besides it was around this time of the day that he usually leaves. He bent down and picked up his bag, but as he was about to take a step to the other direction....he felt it.

Her aura.

He stood frozen on the spot unable to move. Then he shook his head furiously.

'No way...I must be imagining things.....' He thought. But no matter what his mind told him, his heart wasn't saying the same thing.

He felt her aura....but it wasn't as happy as usual. She felt....sad about something, and he knew that she was reaching out for his. Almost deperately reaching out for his.

Then he saw her. Just standing there infront of him with obvious tears in her eyes.

He felt his heart wince hurtingly from the sight. He looked worriedly at her, then he took a few steps closer to where she was and he took her slowly into his arms and hugged her.

"Sakura....." He mumbled as he buried his face on her shoulder.

Sakura held onto him tighter and felt her body tense at the contact of his body pressed so hard against hers. Her tears increased and fell slowly down her cheeks but she didn't seem to notice it. All that she was aware of was Syaoran. His scent invaded her senses, and she found herself unable to think. She felt numb and very exhausted.

Sakura held onto Syaoran's jean jacket and unconciously buried her tear streak face on his shoulder. Being in his arms was the best place to be, her hazy mind suddenly noted. Suddenly she felt her heart flinch from the emotions she felt. Emotions of passion, fear, security, confusion filled her unclear mind right at that moment and her body shook from the intensity of love she felt being in Syaoran's arms. No other man could make her feel this way. Only Syaoran could.

'My little wolf....' She thought with a faint smile.

Then Syaoran slowly moved away from her and looked down at her with those beautiful amber brown eyes. She felt herself melt under his worried gaze and she slowly reached up to touch his face with her fingers. Syaoran just stared at her in wonder then a faint smile appeared on his lips. Syaoran then kissed away Sakura's tears away with his lips, and she felt herself froze from the contact of his lips against her skin. She closed her eyes in pure bliss as she wound her arms around his neck.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I didn't know what I was doing at that moment, but all I knew for a fact was how right it felt to be able to hold Sakura in my arms. I kissed her tears away and I felt her slightly tremble from my touch. I stopped abruptly to gaze at her face, but all I felt was her arms winding around my neck and saw her eyes tightly shut. I smiled to myself and buried my face in her sweet-smelling hair.

After a few minutes I forced my voice to work and whispered huskily in her ear, "Sakura..."

I heard her sigh and she finally responded with a low whisper, "H-hai....?"

I smiled a little. "Are you feeling any better now?" I asked her in a worried tone.

She pulled herself slightly away from my arms and looked up at me. I looked down at her and felt myself weaken. She hadn't changed....all through the years she's still the same young girl I fell in love all those years ago. I smiled down at her.

"I'm okay now Syaoran....arigatou....I'm feeling much better now." She answered and looked down at the ground.

I frowned. Something else was up.

I softly placed my hand under her chin and lifted her head gently. She looked up at me with a surprised expression and my face softened.

~*~*~*~*~*~

'I couldn't let him see me like this...' I thought while I stared up at him. 'I just can't....if he did he'd know...'

Then I heard him ask me softly with a smile. "There's something else bothering you..."

I looked away suddenly and sighed. He knew me so well...

I plastered on a fake smile and tried my best to make it seem like nothing was wrong or else he'll see the longing my eyes held at that moment. I looked back at him and answered shakily, "No...S-Syaoran there's n-nothing wrong..." I replied.

This was no use. I mean I didn't even expect any of this to happen. But I couldn't hold in the hurt my heart held by not being with him. I needed him so badly it tore me apart. Oh if he only knew how much I loved him.

But then suddenly he placed his fingers under my chin once more and I looked up at him in surprise.

"S-Syaoran?" I croaked.

He smiled down at me and then, he did something that I thought in a million years would never happen....

He kissed me.

I froze. I couldn't believe he was kissing me and I suddenly felt lightheaded...his smell was everywhere, that faint smell of autumn and sandalwood...

I felt myself weaken. Luckily he placed his hands on my slender waist and held me in place. I couldn't fight it any longer...kami-sama I don't think I could....

Finally I gave myself away to him and slowly wound my arms around his neck and kissed him back. I couldn't hold it anymore. I kissed him back with such overwhelming passion that he froze.

His lips tasted like chocolate. So sweet yet so loving...warm and enticing at the same time. I buried my fingers through his soft auburn strands and I felt him groan in passion. I felt myself shudder and he kissed me back. His lips were so achingly soft and it felt so wonderful. I had never felt anything this wonderful in my life before.

But unfortunately we had to stop after a few minutes since we had to take a breath.

I gasped and buried my face on the crook of his neck. Then I felt his arms come around my shaking form and he nuzzled my neck.

I forced my voice to work. It was now or never. He had to know...or else I would die in regret if he didn't know...
I looked up at him once more and gazed lovingly at him. I stroked his face and whispered the words... God this is it...

"Aishiteru...Syaoran..." I finally said.

I prepared myself for the worst, and looked down at the green grass. But then he placed his fingers gently under my chin and slowly lifted my head up to look at him.

I closed my eyes tightly shut not wanting to see his expression. But as soon as I opened my eyes I found myself surprised to find tears forming in his beautiful brown eyes.

My heart softned at the sight. I was expecting someting like rejection, but I didn't find any. Instead what surprised me the most was the fact that he smiled...oh god he smiled!

He smiled through his tears and I felt myself falling in love with him all over again.

In turn happy tears welled up in my eyes and I tried to stop them but I couldn't...could this mean?

Then he took me in his arms and I heard him whisper back in my ear huskily, the words I dreamt of ever since...ever since... Forever.

"Aishiteru...Sakura."

*FIN*

A/N: I just read this over and omg I can't believe I actually wrote something this sweet! LOL! Well please do me a favour and review!! I'd really like that!! *muah* Thank you! ^_^