Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Elemental Stones ❯ Chapter 1-4 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

(Dream sequence)
She was flying again. She could see her old home and the shrine. She could see a mysterious figure in front of her and their eyes were an eerie yellow. He was standing in a temple of some sort. In front of him was a platform with someone laying on it. She couldn't quite tell who it was but when she turned around she saw Yue, Kerberos, Eli, and Tori. In Tori's hand was a staff similar to hers but instead of a star in the middle there were four different color gems. The staff it self was black with gold on the edges.
(End Dream sequence)
19 year old Sakura Avalon sat upright in bed fast. She breathed a sigh in relief when she noticed Kero was still asleep. She felt she was holding something in her hand and removed it from under the blanket.
“The DREAM Card?” she asked. She looked at the clock and saw it was still early and got out of bed. `I'vehad that dream for weeks now. What could it mean?' she thought to herself as she placed the DREAM card back in the book. She got out some clean clothes and went to take a shower. When she got out she was dressed in a lavender halter top and a white skirt that stopped above her knees. Around her neck she tied lavender around her neck to hide the scar she got from the final judgment. It would do her no good for Yue or Kero to see it. Yue would blame himself and Kero would get on to him about hurting her. She brushed her waist length hair and tied pale pink ribbon in her hair for her low ponytail. Two years ago Sakura was strong enough to separate Yue and Julian. After a few days of being separated Sakura, Kero, Yue and Madison all moved to England to finish school with Eli. It was also good for Sakura to move away since Lee broke his promise he made after capturing the VOID Card. Sakura made her way into the kitchen and started making her lunch. Today she and Madison were going shopping for their trip back to Reedington for Christmas. She heard knocking on the front door and went to answer.
“Hey Madison you're here early.” Sakura said when she answered the door. She stepped aside to allow her in. Madison was dressed in a black sweater and black jeans. Sakura looked at her attire.
“You might want to change Sakura it's really cold outside.” Madison said. Sakura then felt the wind as it blew inside. Sakura closed the door and nodded.
“I'll be right back then. I guess England is colder then Reedington at Christmas.”Sakura said and she ran back into her room. She took out cashmere turtle neck sweater in an emerald green and white jeans. She replaced the ribbon in her hair for a white ribbon and then joined Madison in the kitchen. Madison looked up and smiled “Ready?” she asked. Sakura nodded and grabbed her leather coat and off they went.
(Later the Night)
Sakura was packing her clothes in her suitcase while Yue and Kero watched.
“Yue… do you still have those clothes you wore when you went on the plane the first time?” She asked as she folded more pants in her suitcase.
“Yes, I believe I still have them Mi- Sakura.” He said. Sakura nodded and looked up when Madison knocked on her bedroom door.
“I'm all packed and ready to go tomorrow…oh before I forget Eli said he was coming with us.” She said.
“Really? What about Ruby and Spinner?” Sakura asked. She saw Yue and Kero stiffen a little at those names.
“He said they wanted to stay here instead of going with us.” Madison said.
“Good I don't think Tori would want to be jumped all the time.” Sakura said giggling. She closed her suitcase and set it on the floor by her bed then rolled out the spare futon for Madison. A few minutes later when Sakura was sure Yue and Kero were asleep she whispered to Madison about the dream she had been having for the past week.
“Maybe Kero or Yue can tell you if you told them Sakura.” Madison said after listening.
“That's just it Madison…if I told them all they would do is worry about me instead of enjoying themselves …I just can't.” Sakura said.
“Just like you can't tell them about the scar on your neck?” Madison asked. Sakura looked wide eyed at Madison.
“How did you know about that I haven't told anyone?” Sakura said.
“Sakura I've known you since you were little and never have I seen you wear ribbon around your neck or tried to hide your throat. Yue and Kero may not say anything because all those costumes I made for you had high collars. You're keeping them in the dark like they did you when Yue was losing his powers.” Madison said.
“I just don't want Yue to think it was his fault I got this. I got some scars on my wrists too but their not as bad as the one on my neck. The WOOD Card was wrapped around me pretty tight.” Sakura said looking at her wrists where she could see faint lines where WOOD cut into her.
“You love Yue don't you more than Lee.” Madison stated.
Sakura looked at her and nodded.
“That's why I won't tell him anything about the dream or these scars. Plus he only sees me as his mistress not a friend. I just got him used to calling me Sakura instead of Mistress. I guess he still loves Clow Reed.” Sakura said sadly.
“Don't worry he'll fall into your charm soon enough…I mean everyone does.” Madison said with a smile on her face. Sakura smiled back and nodded. “Well I guess we should get some sleep. Good night Sakura.” She added as she laid her head down on the pillow.
“Night Madison.”
Chapter 2
(Dream sequence)
She was flying again. She could see her old home and the shrine. She could see a mysterious figure in front of her and their eyes were an eerie yellow. He was standing in a temple of some sort. In front of him was a platform with someone laying on it. She couldn't quite tell who it was but she could see they were in a deep sleep or in a comatose state, when she turned around she saw Yue, Kerberos, Eli, and Tori. In Tori's hand was a staff similar to hers but instead of a star in the middle there were four different color gems. The staff it self was black with gold on the edges and it was glowing midnight blue as was Tori. " The Elemental Stones have chosen him Help him."
(End Dream sequence)
Sakura again awoke in a panic. 'Tori...That can't be.' she thought. She looked and saw Madison, Kero and Yue still asleep. She turned and saw her alarm had yet to ring. She silently got out of bed and changed into a red turtle neck shirt and a heavy red velvet skirt that reached her ankles. She grabbed her long black coat and went into the kitchen. A soft knocking on her door made her stop from turning on the stove and went to answer. 20 year old Eli Moon stood in front of her. "Well good morning Sakura. I hope I didn't wake you?" He said.
"No come on in Eli...The others are still asleep. I was just about to make breakfast would you like some?" Sakura asked as she stepped aside to let him in.
"No thanks but I would like a cup of hot cocoa if you have any it's really cold out there." Eli said.
"Sure I was going to make some for everyone. Come sit in the kitchen with me while I fix something for me and Madison." Sakura said as she walked back into the kitchen. She made some pancakes for herself and Madison and with the leftover she made some for Kero. Madison came in dressed in a blue sweater and blue jeans.
"Wow those smell fantastic Sakura." she said. Sakura placed the pancakes on the table along with five cups of hot Cocoa, strawberry syrup, butter and maple syrup. " Um...Sakura why did you make five cups of hot Cocoa. Yue doesn't eat or drink." Madison asked.
"He drinks tea every once in awhile. I think he will appreciate something hot for a cold morning." Sakura said as she buttered her pancakes and put some maple syrup on them. She was right. Yue and Kero came in with Yue dressed in regular clothes and his wings gone. He took the hot cocoa cup and drank while the others ate. After cleaning up, Sakura grabbed her suitcase and placed it by the door by Madison's. Eli helped Madison and her into their coats and they were off to the airport.
(On the plane)
Sakura was seated next to Yue while Kero was in her purse hiding. She had opened it a little so he would get some fresh air. She was listening to her I-pod when she felt Yue looking at her. She pulled one headphone out and gave him a questioning glance.
"Sorry Sakura...it's just what is that exactly?" Yue asked. Sakura just held out the head phone she took out and placed it in his ear. Yue could hear music coming out.
In you and I there's a new land
Angel's in flight
My sanctuary my sanctuary yeah
Where fears and lies melt away
Music will tie
What's left of me what's left of me now
I watch you fast asleep
All I fear means nothing
In you and I there's a new land
Angels in flight
My sanctuary my sanctuary yeah
Where fears and lies melt away
Music will tie
What's left of me what's left of me
My heart's a battleground
You show me how to see
That nothing is whole and nothing is broken
In you and I there's a new land
Angel's in flight
My sanctuary my sanctuary yeah
Where fears and lies melt away
Music will tie
What's left of me what's left of me now
My fears and lies
Melt away
Yue took the headphone out and smiled at Sakura before placing it back in her ear. he mouthed 'Thank you' then looked ahead. Sakura fell asleep listening to her music and was back in the dream.
(Dream)
Sakura was getting closer to the person on the platform. They were in a comatose state and she could tell that the person was a girl. Suddenly she was in front of the boys and could see anger and sadness in their eyes. Dry tear marks were down Tori's cheeks and Yue looked like he was holding in some while Eli had nothing but anger in his eyes.
(End Dream)
Sakura jerked awake but made no move to alert Yue what had happened. She took deep calming breaths and started to move as if she were waking. She then noticed her headphones where off.
"Forgive me Sakura, but I thought you would like it better if you didn't have those things in your ears as you slept. Madison has it." Yue said.
"It's alright Yue...It's a good thing you took it from me or else the battery would have died." She said.
"Sakura we're almost there and here is your I-pod back. I turned it off as soon as Yue handed it to me." Madison said handing over Skaura's blue and yellow I-pod.
"Thanks Madison." Sakura said before yawning. They felt the plane jerk and knew it was time to put their seatbelts on. After landing they waited for everyone to get off before getting their stuff and getting off the plane. When they cleared the door Sakura saw Tori and her father waiting for them. She put her bag down and ran for her father and brother. After giving them a hug Sakura picked up her bag and they made their way to the car. When they arrived at her old home Sakura, Madison and Kero would sleep in her old room while Eli and Yue would sleep in Tori's old room. Tori would be with Julian in the apartment they shared from the university. Sakura took a deep breath and smelled her father's cooking. She was Home.
Chapter 3
Sakura awoke in a sweat this time Madison was up. She glanced over and saw Sakura was sweating.
“Sakura…Are you okay?” She asked. Sakura shook her head and put a hand over her eyes. “What did you see?” She asked.
“ I was laying on some sort of platform in a comatose state. Someone was standing over me. They turned and Eli, Kero, Yue, and Tori were standing behind them. Tori had a staff similar to Eli's only his was Black and instead of the sun in the middle it had four different gems in the middle and they were glowing. A voice said something about the Elemental stones choosing him as their master then I saw tears in Yue's eyes and dry tear tracks down Tori's cheeks then nothing.” Sakura said still shaking slightly.
“Do you want me to tell Kero or Yue?” Madison asked. Sakurashook her head. “Alright I'll go downstairs and help your dad with breakfast.” She said as she gave one last worried glance in Sakura's direction before heading downstairs. Sakuratook a few deep breathes then got up and changed into a powder blue half zip sweater ,black wander pants and black ankle lace boots. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and tied a blue ribbon around the rubber band. She walked down stairs and said good morning to both her father and the picture of her mother. She sat down and rubbed her temple.
“Sakura are you alright?” she heard her father asked.
“Yeah dad, Just a headache.” She said. He placed some toast and a bowl of oatmeal in front of her and Madison.
“I'm going to wake Eli and Yue.” He said as he turned toward the stairway.
“No need Mr. Avalon I'm up. Yuewill be down in a minute.” Eli said from the door way. He was dress in a white sweater with a black vest and blue jeans. He started eating his oatmeal. “I think Yuemight eat with us this time. Back when ClowReed alive He would eat porridge or oatmeal with salt in the mornings. “ He said as he ate his. He saw the look Sakura gave him. “Is something wrong Sakura?” he asked.
“I need to talk to you when Yue and Kero are not around.” She said softly. Eli nodded as Yue came in the kitchen wearing his usual attire. Yue added salt to his oatmeal and started eating.
(Later that evening)
Eli went out into the back where Sakura was looking at the night sky. “You wanted to talk to me Sakura?” he said as he sat beside her. Sakura nodded and proceeded to tell him about the dream. Eli sat beside her in silence.
"You haven't told Yue or Kero about this dream have you? Why not? Their duty is to keep you safe." Eli finally said.
"I-I didn't want to worry them...I know they are suppose to protect me but-"
"You don't want them injured in the process of protecting you." Eli finished. Sakura nodded. "Just like you are protecting Yue about the scars on your neck and wrists." He added. Sakura froze then nodded. "I was right in thinking you would be perfect for their new master but Sakura...you can't keep everything from them. " Eli said looking at Sakura. "As for the new staff you saw maybe Tori's magic created it. in two days I will travel with him so he can awaken his po- I forgot...two days from now is the winter dance at his University and you and Madison are invited. Maybe the day afterwards." He mumbled. Eli knew about the hidden feeling Yue held for Sakura but something was holding him back. If something did happen to Sakura like she said in her dream maybe Yue will admitthe is in love withhis master and be damned with the consquenses. Sakurahad enough heartache from one boy. Eli was angry with his descendentafter he broke his promise and her heart. "I'll talk with your brother in three days." He finally said.
"Thank you Eli...If there is one person who can help him it would be you." Sakura said. Eli saw her shiver, stood and held out his hand for her to stand. Sakura took it.
"I think it would be wise to go inside now." Eli said. Sakura nodded and together they walked into the house.
( Next Day)
Sakura was standing perfectly still as Madison took her measurements. She said she wanted to make Sakura's dress for the dance. When she was done Sakuratook Madison's measurements cause when Madison was done with her dress she would make one for herself. When Sakurawas done they both went to the sewing store to look for fabric for their dresses. Sakurasaw a very pretty midnight blue silk material and royal blue material. Madison bought both and her color fabric. When they returned Madison started immediately on Sakura'sdress. She hid it well whenever she stopped for the next night Madison was finished with Sakura's dragged Sakura up the stairs to put it on. The dress was a halter top that tied around her neck leaving her back bare. The front made a sweetheart .The royal blue was the bodice while the silk was the skirt that pooled at her feet and trailed behind her. Madison had taken a darker blue for the edge of the bodice and made a diamond in the middle of the bodice connecting the bottom of the bodice and the top. The darker blue was also the loop that went around her neck. Sakura looked on the bed and saw Madison's dress. Sakura carefully removed her dress, changed into her jeans and sweater and asked Madison to show her the dress. Madison was a lavender contrast long gown. She had sewed a few fake cherry blossoms on the waist on each side to hold her light purple sash. "Madison these are gorgeous but, why is mine so elegant and yours is so simple?" She asked. Madison giggled.
"Because silly, You look better in elegant dresses while simple dresses fit me." She said. Sakura nodded. "Let's not show everyone until tomorrow night." she added. Sakura nodded. "Oh yeah I made Yue dress shirt out of that silk material. I figured he could take you tomorrow night ." Madison said watching the blush show up on Sakura's face.
"MADISON!" she shrieked. Madison giggled and walked out the bedroom door after putting the dresses up. Madison had a mission. Sakura's dad came running in a few minutes later.
"Sakura you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah just Madison embarrassing me." Sakura answered. Her father laughed and told her supper was ready.
Chapter 4
( That night)
Sakurawas in her dress trying to decide what to do with her hair. She had borrowed some of Madison's jewelry. She was wearing sapphire dangling earrings and a sapphire her wrist was a diamond finally came up behind her and placed her hair in a neat bun witha diamond band around it. Madison was wearing her dress witha pink sapphire necklace and hair was in curls with cherry blossoms in it. "Ready?" she asked. Sakura nodded and followed Madison downstairs. Yuewas wearing the midnight blue silk shirt withblack dress pants and shoes. Eli was wearing a purple silk shirt withwhite dress pants and shoes. they both stared wide eyed at Madison and Sakura. Yue snapped out of it and helped Sakura into her long black coat and offered her his arm to escort her to the dance. Eli followed his example and they were off to the dance.
(In th shadows)
A figure was watching Sakura, Yue, Madison and Eli walk to the dance. His target was the brown haired girl to make the Guardians suffer like he suffered when his mistress was sealed in the well in Hong Kong. Clow Reed's Successor would pay for his crimes.
(Later that night)
Sakura and Madison were laughing from having a wonderful time at the dance while the boys just shook their heads and grinned. They knew this was the first time in many months that Sakura laughed. "Yue, it seems Sakura had a wonderful time with you when you weren't treating like she would break like you have been for the last few months." Eli said softly watching the girls. Yue thought for a moment.
" At first when I heard Mistress cry, Kerberos and I wanted to find the brat and torture him for what he did but we realized that Sakura needed us. After a while I realized I was in love with her but I feel like I'm betraying Clow Reed." He said. Eli chuckled.
"I was Clow Reed in the past and I can tell you your not. Clow Reed created you and Kerberos to love your new master more than him." Eli said. "You should tell her before something bad happens to her." He added thinking of the dream she told him about. Yue gave him a questioning glance but didn't get to voice it when someone stepped in front of him. Yue recognized him. He was the guardian of the woman that Clow Reed sealed into the well in Hong Kong. He saw something black form in his hand and head for Sakura. "SAKURA!" Both he and ELi yelled as it headed for her and Madison.