Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Free Heart ❯ The Free Heart: Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Free Heart: Prologue
An old woman is sitting in a meadow. Suddenly 3 children run up. “G'ma!” one shouts. “Tell us a story!” “Och, young ones! Have you not heard so many?” the old woman says in a voice that made her the village's storyteller. “But G'ma! PLEASE!” the children beg in unison. “Fine, fine. But which one? Ah! I have it! Now, gather round. Well! Where to begin? Ah. At one time, not so long ago, not so far away, there lived a spring spirit. Ah! and what a spirit! There has and never will be a spring spirit half so lovely! Her name was Sakura...”
 
*§*
Sakura walked amongst the trees in the forest Endon. It was quiet and beautiful, just a peaceful place to think. And beautiful Sakura, with her hair of bronze, eyes of jade and emerald, and beautiful figure, had quite a bit to think about. She looked about 18, but in truth, was somewhere around 530. Although quite young for a spirit, she had seen more years than the oldest human. Though older than any human, she was still naïve to many things of the world, such as love, the very thing she had come to think about.
 
Flashback
She was walking in the forest, when she spied a flash of silver amongst the trees. What was silver doing here? Then she heard the crunching of leaves, which usually meant humans. She hid herself and advanced. Then she saw the intruder. It was a man around 20, with silver hair and eyes. Her heart immediately softened. What was this feeling?
 
End Flashback
She thought about him. He was so cute! She had to go back to see him!
 
The Next Day
She flew directly to the spot where she had last seen him. Silly human, he had stayed where he was! Well, she would teach him wisdom. There he was, with his silver hair, kind eyes and a girl in his arms... WHAT!!! Now that she looked closer, she could see clearly. He was with a girl. She listened intently. “Dearest Nakuru,” he exclaimed, “Once your guardian, Eroil, says it is fine, I will marry you, if you will have me.” “Oh Yuki, I will, I will!” the girl Nakuru exclaimed, as Sakura could feel her heart breaking inside her.
 
As she flew away, she could hear laughing. Her heart broke a little more, if that was even possible. She had no clue where she was going, only that she had to get away. A little voice at the back of her head told her that she had only seen him, and only that for a day, but the rest of her paid no heed. She suddenly looked around. She realized she was in Edenroüil, the dark part of the forest. She prepared to fly back home again when she heard a voice say, “I sense a broken heart.” As Sakura wheeled around to face the speaker, she saw it was a man who looked about 50, but as she knew looks were deceiving in the forest, so one could never be sure. “Well, m'dear, are you looking for a cure for your broken heart? If you are, follow me to m'tent over there.” Sakura followed, wondering what it was all about. In the tent, there were a few stools and a table. “So, you are looking for a cure?” Sakura nodded. “Hmmm, well I have just the cure. And guess what, I'll do it for free!” She nodded. “Dear, this will hurt for a second, but don't scream.” Then he took out an oak-wood staff. He then chanted,
Achnoo modin lach,
Fel tri capri catr,
Fet rir trincazn!
Take the heart out of the chest,
Let her feel no more,
Give this heart to me!
Suddenly Sakura felt more pain then could be expressed in words. It was her heart being pulled out of her chest. Not her physical organ, but something more key, like her ability to love. Then she felt no more. In fact, she stopped feeling anything. She could no longer love, or feel emotions. “Yes! At last! I have a pure heart, filled with power!” Only a few seconds ago, Sakura would have been worried, but now she felt no more concern than if you had told her it was going to rain. As she walked out the door, she felt no purpose than an empty jug. She was free now to do any thing. She had no conscience. And would never again until 50 years later.
 
*§*
 
A/N: Wow! What do you think will happen? Sakura has no heart! Please tell me your suggestions! And PLEASE read and review!
Kero: Hey! When will I come in?
silver_wind_kitsue: Shut it, or we will not go out to the all-you-can-eat-desert buffet!
Kero: Nooooooooooooooooooo! Not that!