Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Free Heart ❯ The Free Heart: Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Free Heart: Chapter 1
“So young ones, the lovely spring spirit Sakura gave up her heart in no more than a second. As she no longer had a heart or conscience, she terrorized without restraint. Thousands of beings had been killed or maimed, until 50 years after she lost her heart when the government of the country decided to take action...”
 
*§*
“Sir Syaoran, I grant you this task: to vanquish the evil sorceress of the Endon woods. As you know, she has terrorized our settlers for 50 years, and even if we send all our armies, we cannot beat her. It is up to you, our best knight, to destroy this monstrous menace. Do you accept?” “I do,” said a chocolate haired man quietly. He was 20 years old, and was of the powerful Li clan. He had fierce amber wolf-eyes that attracted the ladies of the court. Not that he paid any attention to their affection. “Ah! Good. We will not send you unequipped. Of course, you have all your gear, and we have a few gifts to give you. Here is a net to trap her in that stops magic, and if you can't capture her, make sure you kill her. Once you leave here, you will be alone, with no company until you bring her to our closest settlement, Ridgür. Now go, and take our blessing.” “I will, Council of the realms. I will bring her here, or her head.”
 
*§*
Sakura floated above the road. She had sensed a disturbance in her territory, and had come to investigate. Ah! There was there was the intruder! It seemed like a knight of some kind. She stared down at the knight with a cold, emotionless gaze. He had chocolate hair. She supposed that he was handsome for human standards, but to her she had no attraction. She was getting bored, so she sent down a cherry-blossom-pink blast of energy. It missed (barely) and he looked up, shocked. She then saw his eyes, the eyes of a wolf.
 
*§*
Syaoran rode through the woods on his faithful steed, Moonsword. He knew that he probably wouldn't get attacked in this section of the forest. He was heading towards the eviler section of the forest, Evlirük (the human name for Edenroüil). He knew that of all places in the forest, an evil sorceress would most often live there. Suddenly, a burst of cherry pink energy hit to the side of his horse, interrupting his thoughts. He looked up, startled. He saw a 20-year-old woman standing on the air. She was amazingly beautiful, as she had marble-like skin, auburn hair, a perfect figure (which was set off by here long toga-like green dress), and very green eyes. The strange thing about her eyes, which should have been innocent, were hollow and cold. There was a saying that eyes were windows to a soul, but there was nothing there, only cold darkness with no emotion. “Oh no, it missed,” she said in a flat, dead tone. It seemed that she should be scared, or even disappointed, but there was nothing. It was even rather scary. “I mean you no harm, spirit. Will you tell me where the evil sorceress is?” he asked. “There is none, but if you are looking for the one who keeps killing your pathetic settlers, it is me, puny human.” She said tonelessly. “You?!?” he yelled, pulling out his sword. He had suspected she would be a hag, after 50 years. “Now, stop that.” She voiced. “Ferah!” his sword arm was suddenly weak, and he dropped his sword. “I know. You will amuse me for the week. Then I might as well kill you.” “You'll never take me alive!” he yelled, trying to get his sword. “Oh really, little wolf. Do you believe it? Kenla.” He suddenly started to see darkness. “I will... not...surrender...to...you...” he said as he fainted. “Poor young one. You can't even begin to match my power. Now, come to my home for a week. Carta.” She said, lifting his motionless body and taking him to her little glade.
 
*§*
A/N: Wow! It's coming along pretty good, eh? Well anyway, please read and review!
Kero: Hey! How come I'm still not in yet?
silver_wind_kitsue: Shut it, dude! Remember, I won't take you to that other-all-you-can-eat-pancake-breakfast-buffet tomorrow!
Kero: Why do you blackmail me so much?
silver_wind_kitsue: `Cause it's fun!