Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Funhouse ❯ Arrow Attack ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Funhouse
Chapter 5: Arrow Attack

Sakura looked around her as she walked further into the Funhouse. She thought about how "Funhouse" was not the correct name for this place. In her opinion, "House of Horrors" and "Haunted House" were more appropriate. Darkness dominated the interior, but an occasional flash of artificial lightning showed the designs on the wall. They gave little comfort to the Cardmistress, however. The walls were covered by drawings of ghosts, witches, and other scary things. Sounds of ghosts booing, witches cackling, and monsters roaring enhanced the creepy feeling. Sakura found herself shivering. At some point in her walk, she wanted to release the Glow or Light Card, but she remembered Psycho's threat. She did not run because she was afraid of running into something.

Sakura stopped and took a deep breath. She held the Star Wand close to her. *I need to be brave for Yue-san's sake.* She continued on, hoping a ghost would not leap out of the darkness.

Commander Shade watched her from his station. "Well, she's doing well so far." He started pushing keys at his control panel. "I'd better get ready. She'll be arriving at the first trap soon."

* * * * *

"There it is!" Tomoyo shouted, aiming her camera at their destination. "Tomoeda Yuuen!"

"The site of the last Clow Card capture," Kerberos recalled. "The place where the negative card tried to take all of the Sakura Cards for its own."

"Right," Touya remarked, still hanging on. "Can't you go a little faster?"

"Not unless you want to fall off," Kerberos responded. "We're almost there."

Tomoyo spotted the Funhouse through her camera lens. "I don't remember that being there."

Kerberos also saw the strange structure. "It must be where Psycho is. Sakura must be in there too." He started flying towards it.

Suddenly, laser fire flew past the winged lion from behind. "Huh?" Kerberos wondered.

"Watch out!" Touya shouted, seeing more weapons fire head their way.

Kerberos started dodging the blasts, causing his two riders to hold on tightly. Tomoyo looked around through her camera. "What's going on?"

In Psycho's control room, the clown watched Kerberos avoiding the lasers. "You're about to find out, little girl," he said wickedly.

Touya looked around and noticed the sky was blurring in three places behind them. "Nani?"

Three thin humanoid forms appeared around Kerberos. All had wings and triangular heads with side fins and a V-shaped eyeslit. They looked at the Sun Guardian and his passengers.

Touya blinked. "Robots?"

Tomoyo recorded the strange robots. "Where did they come from?" she wondered.

Psycho grinned. "Arrows, fire!" he ordered.

The Arrows aimed their arms at the flying lion. Laser blasters shot out. Kerberos noticed the glow coming from them. "Hang on!" he shouted, readying to take evasive maneuvers. Tomoyo and Touya did as they were told. Laser beams shot out, and Kerberos dove in order to avoid them.

"Get them! Get them!" Psycho shouted.

The Arrows flew after Kerberos and continued to fire. Touya found himself moving left to right to dodge the fire. "Any ideas?" he asked the Sun Guardian, leaning against Tomoyo to shield her.

"Don't you worry. I'm very good at video games," Kerberos said, "and believe me, this feels like a video game."

"Yeah, but we don't get a continue if we die!" Touya pointed out, ducking another laser.

"You've got that right, kid," Psycho said with a chuckle. "Cut them off and don't let them land," he told the Arrows.

An Arrow flew ahead of the others and cut off Kerberos. It aimed its arm laser at him. The weapon began to charge. Before it could fire, Kerberos opened his mouth and fired a fireball. The Arrow flew out of the way and fired, forcing Kerberos to move sideways. He fired again, but the Arrow dodged it.

"It's too fast," the Sun Guardian remarked.

"Behind us!" Touya shouted. Kerberos ducked in time to dodge the fire from the other Arrows. He found himself trapped between two lines of laser fire. He dodged them quickly while his two passengers leaned on his back and held on tightly. Meanwhile, the Arrows moved out of their own weapons fire while focusing on their target.

Psycho watched this all with some amusement. "Ooooooo, Kittycat's got some good moves." He chuckled. "Too bad he's getting tired."

As she hung on, Tomoyo recorded the Arrow in front of them. "At least I'm getting a lot of good footage."

Touya rolled his eyes. "Do something! Fire back!" he shouted at Kerberos, ducking a laser.

"They're too fast for me to hit, and they're quick with those blasters of theirs," Kerberos said.

"You'd better do something. I don't think we can stay up here indefinitely," Touya pointed out.

Dodging more crossfire, Kerberos knew Touya was right. He could not keep dodging for long. Once he slowed down, the Arrows would get him.

"Kerberos, have you ever encountered something like this in a video game?" Tomoyo asked.

"Hmmmmm, I think," Kerberos recalled.

"What did you do in the game?" Tomoyo asked.

"I charged and fired as quickly as I could," Kerberos answered. "That way the enemy wouldn't know what happened."

"I think this is a good time to do it," Tomoyo suggested, barely avoiding a laser.

Kerberos dodged more fire. "What choice do I have? Better hang on."

"What?" Touya exclaimed. "You're not really going to...?"

With a roar, Kerberos flew at top speed towards the Arrow in front of him. It locked on its target and fired. Ducking, Kerberos let out a fire blast that hit the Arrow before it could fire again. Engulfed in flames, the robot slowly disintegrated in a flash of light.

"Funny. Robots don't do that," Tomoyo wondered.

The two remaining Arrows pursued Kerberos as he headed toward the Funhouse. One increased its speed and flew into Kerberos' flight path. The other tailed the Sun Guardian. The Arrow in front prepared to fire.

Kerberos growled as the front Arrow prepared to fire. *Got to time this right...* he thought.

"Oi, but there's one behind us also, and it's catching up!" Touya mentioned urgently.

Kerberos sped towards the front Arrow. It readied its arm blaster.

"It's catching up!" Touya shouted, watching the pursuing Arrow.

Psycho watched everything. "What's that lion up to?"

With one Arrow right behind him, Kerberos charged the other. The front Arrow charged its blaster.

"Oh, no." Psycho realized what was going to happen. "Stop, you idiots! Stop!"

The Arrows could not respond to their superior. Within a meter, Kerberos dived before the Arrow knew what hit it. The pursuing Arrow crashed into its partner before it could fire. While they struggled to untangle themselves, Kerberos took the opportunity to fly up and toast them. Everyone watched as they disintegrated.

"Yatta!" Tomoyo cheered.

Kerberos descended to the ground and landed in front of the Funhouse. "Are you all right?" he asked Tomoyo as she and Touya climbed off.

"I guess," Touya answered, glaring at the Sun Guardian.

Tomoyo nodded happily. "And my camera didn't break." She checked the battery power. "I've got a lot of power left, not to mention spare tapes and batteries. I hope we get to Sakura-chan in time for me to tape her fighting. Plus I have a cute new outfit for Sakura-chan to wear. She'll look so perfect in it. After this is over I can send the tape to Li-kun so that he can see how wonderful Sakura-chan was."

Both Kerberos and Touya sweatdropped. *Typical Tomoyo,* they thought.

* * * * *

Psycho's rage boiled as he looked at Kerberos, Touya, and Tomoyo standing on the ground safely. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!" he shouted as he smashed the control panel in frustration. It broke into pieces that quickly disintegrated.

Yue smirked at his captor. "What's the matter, clown? Did my friends break your toys?"

Psycho glared at Yue. "If your body remains after you die, I'm going to stuff you and mount you on a shelf!" He clinched his gloved hands at his sides. "Arrows. Swift, but with little armor. Commander Shade!"

Commander Shade turned to his master. "Yes, sir?"

"Take over getting rid of the lion and company. I'll handle the Cardmistress."

"As you command." Commander Shade flew over to where the screen showing Kerberos was while the fuming Psycho went to the screen showing Sakura. Commander Shade waved his arm and another control panel appeared. "Master, I've already activated the first trap program."

"Good," Psycho said as he watched Sakura walk in the Funhouse. "I'll just watch and enjoy the fun."

Commander Shade watched Kerberos, Tomoyo, and Touya. "What shall I dispatch, sir?"

"Whatever Ghosts and Shades that aren't on duty." Psycho thought for a moment. "And anything else you want to throw at them."

"By your command," Commander Shade said as he pressed keys.

Psycho watched Sakura on his screen. "Okay, kiddo. Let's see how you deal with the Funhouse's first challenge."

* * * * *

Sakura continued walking in the darkness, unaware of what was happening outside and what she was heading towards. She stopped momentarily to hear the faint noises outside. *What's going on?* she asked herself. Remembering Yue, she took another step forward. It was too late for her to see the large hole in front of her. She put her foot down and found nothing solid. Unable to get her balance, she fell through the hole screaming.