Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Funhouse ❯ Welcome to the Funhouse ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Funhouse
Chapter 4: Welcome to the Funhouse

Kero-chan's drawer flew open and the small Sun Guardian got out. "I forgive ya, Sakura, but I'm not letting you get into trouble by yourself."

After a little struggle, he managed to get the door open. He flew to Touya's room. He found Sakura's older brother fast asleep, an amazing feat since he was still upset over Yukito's kidnapping.

Kero-chan landed on Touya. "Psssst, hey, wake up," he whispered urgently. Touya responded with loud snoring. "Wake up," Kero-chan whispered a little louder. He got more snoring.

"Wake up!" Kero-chan shouted at the top of his lungs. Touya grumbled for a moment, then fell back asleep. Frustrated, Kero-chan transformed into his real form and started jumping on the sleeping teen-ager. Touya's eyes opened quickly and he let out an "Aaaaagh!" from the brief pain. He blinked and beheld the armored form of Kerberos.

"Finally," Kerberos growled.

Touya rubbed his abdomen. "You could've just shook me lightly."

"Hey, whatever works," Kerberos answered. "Anyway, we've gotta hurry. Sakura left for Tomoeda Yuuen."

Touya grumbled. "Liked him better when he was just a stuffed animal," he mumbled. Kerberos jumped off the bed, letting Touya up to get changed. "Why am I doing this again?" he said, yawning as he searched for something warm to wear.

"Because you care for your sister," Kerberos said. "She's putting herself in mortal danger."

Touya nodded and quickly changed. "I'm there, but are you sure I can help?"

"Something tells me we'll need all the help we can get," Kerberos answered. "Sakura and the Snow Bunny really need us now."

Touya's thoughts went to Sakura and Yukito. "Let's go," he said, determined.

Both left the house. Touya found a bundled-up Tomoyo waiting for them. She held her video camera and her camera bag slung over her shoulder.

"How...?" Touya began to ask.

"Okaasan had a busy day at the office and is very tired, and I can't sleep knowing Sakura-chan's in danger," Tomoyo said. "Besides, I want to videotape her when she gets out of her dilemma."

Both Kerberos and Touya fell down hard. "What makes you think she'll make it out alive?" Touya asked.

"Because she's Sakura-chan," Tomoyo answered optimistically. "If Sakura-chan's involved, everything will be fine."

"I dunno," Kerberos said. "This clown you told us about has got to be very powerful if he could capture Yue. In fact, I'm starting to think I should go alone."

"No way," Tomoyo said. "You'll need backup and someone to tape everything."

"I'm not going to let some clown hurt Yuki and my little sister," Touya said seriously.

Tomoyo looked at Touya with her all-knowing eyes. "You care a lot about Sakura-chan."

Touya cracked a smile. "Hey, she may be a kaiiju, but she's my kaiiju."

"I wish Li-kun was here to help," Tomoyo admitted.

"Well, he isn't," Touya said sharply.

"We must go now," Kerberos said, preventing a possible Touya speech on how the "gaki" was bad news. Despite his own opinion on Syaoran, the Sun Guardian knew no more time could be wasted. "Climb on my back, both of you."

Tomoyo was first onboard Kerberos. Touya eyed the winged lion reluctantly. "Um, is it safe?" he asked.

"As long as you hold on tight," Tomoyo answered.

"I can ride my motorcycle," Touya said.

"Get on," Kerberos growled. "We don't have much time. Sakura needs us."

Touya sighed and climbed on Kerberos behind Tomoyo. "Hey, you need to lose weight, Touya," the Sun Guardian commented.

Touya grumbled and kicked Kerberos lightly on the side. "Just take off, you overgrown housecat. The kaiiju needs us."

Ignoring the insult and the small pain, Kerberos spread his wings and took off into the air. As he stabilized himself, he thought, *We're coming, Sakura.*

* * * * *

Sakura looked down at Tomoeda Yuuen. The amusement park was a recent addition to the district. It had the standard rides like a roller coaster, Ferris wheel, and a carousel. The place stood out in Sakura's mind for two reasons: the last Clow Card was captured there and she confessed her feelings for Syaoran to him.

She landed in the center of the park and her wings vanished. Looking around, she recalled how the last Clow Card brought the machines to life and sent them after Sakura, Syaoran, and the Guardians. Before, it had caused parts of Tomoeda to vanish. It proved to be a challenge to capture it, but Sakura managed to do it. It apparently cost Syaoran his feelings for her, but in the end, he still cared for her. Everything returned to normal in Tomoeda, and nothing unusual ever plagued it since.

She looked around. The park appeared different in the night. No parents with their children were there to enjoy the rides and the cotton candy. No one was there to wear the balloon hats. All was silent. All was dark.

Sakura made her way to the carousel. She wondered if the horses would come to life like last time. She gulped, worried if ghosts were on the prowl. She steeled herself for her Moon Guardian's stake. *Yue-san, I hope you're okay.*

Sakura heard the P.A. system crackle to life. "Attention, attention!" a lively voice announced.

Sakura recognized the voice. "Psycho," she told herself.

"Will Miss Sakura Kinomoto please report to the Funhouse?" Psycho continued. "We have something that belongs to you. Something very valuable. It's a one-of-a-kind Moon Guardian." A fit of laughter followed.

Sakura felt the ground shake. "Hoe?"

A domed structure rose slowly from the ground. Tall spikes rose from its black-and-red checkered top. Sakura noticed the demonic clown face with its mouth open located in the front. "Funhouse" was spelled in neon red letters over the face. She heard crazed laughter and spooky noises from the building.

She shook with fear, but she steeled herself. *Don't be afraid. Yue-san's counting on you.*

"Welcome to the Funhouse! We got fun and games!" Psycho announced. "I see you brought the Wand. Do you have the Cards?"

"Hai," Sakura answered.

"Then show me the Cards!" Psycho requested with a laugh. "Show me the Cards!"

Sakura took out all the Sakura Cards and held them up. In his chamber, Psycho grinned gleefully. "Oh, how wonderful! Good girl!" he said through the P.A. system.

Sakura put the Cards away. "I brought everything you asked for. Now give back Yue-san!"

The P.A. system laughed maniacally. "Oh, come now, Cardmistress. You really didn't think you'd get off that easily, did you? If you want Bird Boy, you'll have to come in and bring the Cards and Key to me."

Sakura looked at the Funhouse's entrance and gulped. She started shaking again. Her teeth chattered, but she was not sure if it was the cold or the possible ghosts lurking inside the Funhouse.

"Awwww, what's the matter, Cardmistress? Scared?" Psycho mocked.

Sakura shook her head quickly. "Um, no, no! Of course not!" *I can't show him I'm afraid. I must go inside for Yue-san's sake.*

"Then come into the Funhouse," Psycho said. "If you make it to the end and give me your magical items, you'll get your Moon Guardian back."

Sakura walked up to the clown's mouth and looked in. All she could see was darkness. She gulped, then took a step forward.

"Wait a minute!" Psycho shouted. "If you use your Cards in any way, the angel gets it. Got it?"

*I can't use my Cards?* Sakura thought, worried. She felt she needed her Sakura Cards to face whatever dangers awaited her in the Funhouse. *I don't have a choice, though.*

"Got it, Cardmistress?" Psycho pressed.

"I understand," Sakura answered.

"Good girl. Now come on in. Your Guardian awaits."

Holding her Star Wand tightly, Sakura stepped into the clown's mouth. *I can handle this, I can handle this,* she thought as she walked further into the darkness.

* * * * *

Psycho watched as Sakura entered the Funhouse. "All goes according to my plan," he said happily. He waved his hand and Yue appeared on the wall behind him.

Yue looked around Psycho's chamber. "Why did you bring me here, clown?" he demanded. The Worm briefly stirred, then fell back asleep.

"Why, I thought you'd like some company as you watch your mistress come to me," Psycho answered, grinning.

Yue bowed his head and glared at the clown with a scowl.

"Why so glum, chum?" Psycho said with mock sympathy. "Your mistress is coming to save your feathered hide."

Yue growled and kept his tongue still.

"Oooooo, bad mood. Just for that, I'm going to make little Sakura's suffering even greater," Psycho promised. "When I break her spirit, I'll take the Cards and Key from her, then I'll kill her."

Yue struggled with his bonds, but he made no headway. He broke out into more seizures. He gasped as his body shook violently, but he did not scream. He had no intention of giving the evil clown more satisfaction from his agony.

"Well, looks like the Worm venom's really taking effect," Psycho observed as Yue's seizures faded away. "Seems you'll be dead before your mistress gets here." He smiled wickedly. "That is, if she gets here."

Yue glared at Psycho. "Your plan will fail."

"Tough words coming from a clipped bird," Psycho shot back.

A klaxon sounded off in the room. "What the...?" Psycho wondered.

Commander Shade appeared at his superior's side. "Master, we're detecting something approaching our location. It's magical in origin."

"Sun Magic?" Psycho asked.

"Yes, sir," Commander Shade answered.

"Hmmmmmm..." Psycho looked at Yue. "Looks like I'll be having more guests."

"Sun Magic? You mean Kerberos is coming?" Yue asked.

"Definitely." Psycho cupped his chin with his hand and looked thoughtful. "It could be your mistress told him to follow her. Hmmmm...should I kill you now or wait for the venom to do it for me?" He giggled. "Decisions, decisions."

"Master, we have the Sun Guardian on visual," Commander Shade reported.

"Good. Show me the kitty cat," Psycho ordered.

A screen opened in front of the clown and Yue. It showed Kerberos with Tomoyo and Touya riding him. Touya was hanging on to the Sun Guardian with a stoic face. Enjoying herself, Tomoyo was filming the flight.

"Tomoyo? Touya?" Yue said, surprised.

Psycho saw the two humans. "Oh, look, it's the faithful sidekick and your false form's boyfriend. How cute. How touching." He flashed his teeth as he rubbed his hands together. "I guess little Sakura didn't have Kerberos follow her after all. Good news for you, Guardian, because I'll let you live. The bad news..." Psycho made a dramatic pause before continuing. "...is that you'll live long enough to see them die."

"No!" Yue shouted.

Psycho giggled, then turned to Commander Shade. "I'm going to have some fun with the little lion and his crew."

"Master, what about the Cardmistress?" Commander Shade asked.

"Initiate the program and oversee everything," Psycho ordered. "Don't worry. I won't take long with them."

"Yes, Master." A flat control panel appeared before the Commander and he started pressing keys.

Another control panel appeared before Psycho. He looked at it. "Oh, which ones can I use on them?" He scanned the keys before laughing. "Of course! Arrows can fly, so I'll send them." His hands flew across the keys. "They'll blast the Sun Guardian right out of the sky."

Yue watched the two screens before him. One showed Sakura walking deeper into the Funhouse. The other showed Kerberos flying towards Tomoeda Yuuen. "Enjoy the show, Moon Guardian!" he heard Psycho say with a giggle. "It's not every night you get to see your friends die on live TV!" Yue closed his eyes and snarled as the clown broke out into another fit of evil laughter.